Site now wants a password!

While in my remote desktop on my Windows Server 2003, I dragged the
folder containing all of my code/scripts/folders/etc. to the desktop,
trying to create a shortcut. I realized that it moved the entire folder
to the desktop, so I dragged it back to where it was.

Now, it seems that created some changes in permissions and/or security
settings, and my website is asking for a username/password from me.

How do I restore the settings so that I get my website back?

Thanks!

--
beadevilg
beadevilg's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/220703.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

0
beadevilg

Okay, my 14-year-old son fixed it.

Here's the solution. In windows explorer, right-click the folder, then:

Select Properties
Click on Status/Security
Add 'users' to list of users

That must have gotten changed while moving the folder.

--
beadevilg
beadevilg's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/220703.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-server-help/1337461.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

0
beadevilg
5/15/2010 8:12:01 PM
It should be:

Select Properties
Click on Status/Security
Add 'users' to list.

[A haiku is a non-rhymed verse genre.
There are 5 syllables in the first sentence,
7 in the second
and 5 again in the last sentence].

You put 7 in the last sentence.

waiting for tomorrow
i wonder why yesterday left
in such a hurry...

Beware of strangers
lurking in secure places
request their ID

Any moron can
write haiku. Just stop at the
seventeenth syllab

There are so many,
so many other haiku
that you would enjoy.

-Bob

0
Bob

problem in document libraries in variation enabled sites
Hi, I am facing a strange problem in my sharepoint multilingual intranet site. I have enabled multilinguality by the usage of Variations feature. So, the main site is divided into two parts - English(en-US) and Chinese(zh-TW). The problem concerns with document libraries only. A blank document library in any subsite of the english site should display the message "There are no items to show in this view of the 'Documents' document library. To create a new item, click 'New' or 'Upload above". But strangely this message is displayed in Chinese. All ...

Invaild ID/Password error message within HQ client
I scheduled a data upload worksheet within HQ manager and am trying to connect the store with HQ. However I keep getting the error message "Message contained an invalid Store ID/Connection Password. Message was not accepted." The second message is "could not retrieve synchronization message. Cannot continue". I checked as indicated in the manual and in help to make sure the store ids are identical in Store Op Manager and HQ manager. There is no connection password established so that shouldnt be an issue. I also tried the "test database connection" ...

password #29
How can i delete acount with a lost password ? ...

Migrating Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 Server in the same site
I found two contradicting articles in technet that Exchange 5.5 server on Windows NT box (in my case it isI have BDC) is not supported in Windows 2003 AD Environment ( Articles 810591 & 822942). I upgraded from NT Domain to 2003 AD and then Created exchange 2003 server in the same exchange 5.5 site. Now reading these two articles I am wandering that whether shall I revert back my exchanger server and NT domain and then use ADMT or I shall leave this intact , as currently after migration I am not facing any problem. Though I have to still move some mailboxes from Exchange 5.5 server to Exc...

wanting to know width of several columns for copying
it is sometime required to copy width of several colums to the right. Is there any way to do it in one step? Thanks Sunantoro Wrote: > it is sometime required to copy width of several colums to the right. > Is > there any way to do it in one step? Thanks Hi Sunantoro Try using the Format Painter (looks like a paint brush), hifghlight the columns that you want to copy the widths from, click on the Format Painter and then highlight the columns you want to copy the width to -- Paul Sheppard ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Paul Sheppard&...

Password protect cells but not the file
Hi -- my worksheet is complete. I want to protect most cells, allow users to change a selected few, so I've locked cells and password protected the settings under Tools/Protection/Protect Sheet and Protect Workbook. What I do not want is for a password to be required to open the file. Protect cells from changes -- Yes. But require an initial password to open the file -- No. How to do that? thanks, Scott -- sdubose99 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ sdubose99's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27538...

When Excel workbook starts I want to ask a question first
Thanks for trying to help.... When a coworker opens an Excel file, I want Excel to first have the person enter a number... Once the number is entered, that number is matched from column A and the sheet will only display the contents of that matched "row". Am I making sense? We just don't want to open the spreadsheet with all that data in thier face and have them search for their own stats. Again thanks! Hi Steve, Probably a couple of ways, depending on how the data is assembled. Perhaps a combination of a drop-down list with the numbers and a vlookup formula. Or a workshe...

adding password
Hi, I can find "tool"-"option"-"security" in one computer and Can't find it in another computer, please help. Hi Maybe it was never used there before. When this is the case, you must see a double arrow on lower edge of Tools menu - click on it, and you see unused features. When not, then someone removed it from menu. Use View.Customize.Commands or View.Toolbars.Customize.Commands to review and edit Tools menu item (but be cautious - you can easily end worse as you started). Arvi Laanemets "ldh" <ldh@ldh.com> wrote in message news:007d01c...

Rows repeating and want to delete easily
I have a .xls that is currently 65,000+ lines (a reporting tool). Man of the rows are repeating the exact information and I only want to us one of the rows. Is there a simple way to delete all but one of th rows without having to do it manually? I have tried a subtotal but no all of the cell information is then duplicated to the "Total" row. See attached small example. Any help is appreciated. Th +---------------------------------------------------------------- | Attachment filename: test ii.xls |Download attachment: http://www.excelf...

I want a window to cell data that conains links to PDF files and .
I HAVE 5 CELL TITLES "FAULT" "CHECK THIS" "POSSIBILITIES" "SOLUTION" "NAME/PART". THE CELLS BELOW THESE HEADING CONTAIN LINKS THAT WHEN CLICKED, GUIDE A TECHNICIAN ALONG A FAULT PATH OF PDF FILES TO FIX ELECTRONIC WEATHER EQUIPMENT. I WANT TO STAY ON A SINGLE SCREEN AND PUT THE DATA AND THE DATA LINKS IN FRONT OF THE TECHNICIAN WITHOUT HAVING TO MOVE ALL OVER THE SPREADSHEET. I NEED A FRONT END THAT I CAN SCROLL DOWN THROUGH THE FAULT SYMPTOMS THEN CLICK THAT CELL OR A BUTTON NEXT TO IT TO FILL 4 OTHER DISPLAYED CELLS WHERE OTHER...

Excel changed my own password!!
This very strange occurance happened to me just last week and a co-worker the other day. If someone has had experience with htis or has an idea what the underlying cause is, I would truly be appreciative of their expertise in this matter. I created an Excel spreadsheet about 1 year ago and have continued to make updates to it every month. As always, I password protect the document as I'm the sole owner of this form within our huge corporation. I have never lost sight of the file from my drive and only protected copies get distributed. Just last week when making an update to the form, I co...

I found this great little site
I found this great little site. I signed up two weeks ago and got 2 Disney tickets and this week they are sending me 2 Universal Studios tickets. Here's the link http://66.219.102.40/ and by the way I am a real person, this is my real email address. I'm not a spammer and didn't appreciate the nasty email I got last time I tried to post this link. Thanks, Lisa http://66.219.102.40/ http://66.219.102.40/ ...

Saved Password in Outlook 2002
My saved password does not stay saved. I have to re- enter it everytime I open Outlook or sometimes when I send a message. How do I fix it? There have been several recent issues with passwords not being retained with Outlook. For Outlook 2002, the SP1 solves many of these, so start there. If not, here are some other solutions: For Outlook 2000 or 2002 on Win 98, NT, or 2000: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290684 For all Outlook versions on Windows XP (note, this article is written for OE but the solution applies to Outlook as well. Just ignore the parts that re...

'Enter network password' request when clicking send/receive
Sorry in advance for long message, and thanks in advance to anyone who can help sort this problem. I am trying to use Outlook 2002 again with my pop3 e-mail account, since yet another system recovery a few days ago. All the required settings with respect to incoming and outgoing mail server addresses, usernames and passwords, port numbers, etc are correct and as required according to what I have been told by Orange Customer Services. This application was working (relatively) fine before unremovable viruses and spyware had infected my pc. All the required settings for pop3 accounts are...

how to contact site manager
something odd happens when i sign in to this page...does anyone know the contact info for the site manager. thx LF What "site" are you viewing this from? "LF" <LF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:86FBA0B1-DF54-42F3-9540-8392308FFAB6@microsoft.com... > something odd happens when i sign in to this page...does anyone know the > contact info for the site manager. thx http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.money&cat=en_US_fda0f23c-f299-4019-86c6-e1998434d20d&lang=en&cr=US "Dick ...

Designing Sites
I want to find out where to start in designing sites. This is something that I have never done before. Where do I start? Do you mean web design? Start by getting some books - there are a lot out there for beginners, and a lot of software available to do it with....also note that this is a Microsoft Outlook newsgroup, not relevant to web design. :-) tony gorman wrote: > I want to find out where to start in designing sites. This is > something that I have never done before. Where do I start? ...

Notebook wtih .29 pixel pitch wanted
For my eyes, computer monitors with .29 pixel pitch are perfect. I'm in the market for a new laptop, and want to buy one that has this kind of display. Can someone suggest one? Or where/how I can have one built? Thanks. Fishy I doubt very much you will find a NEW notebook with those configurations There is the Magnify Window in Win7 however Or would a OLD Monitor hooked to the laptop work? I know this defeats the purpose of a laptop but I don't think you will find a .29 pixel pitch or > screen being made in the world today?? :( Sorry Russ -- Russell Grover...

Save a file in pub, now wont open ???
I recently created and saved a file as .pub. I have been able to open it up several times, but now the Publisher program says it cant open the file ! It will open on one computer but not the other...both have 2007 pulisher programs... and when I did have it opened, I saved it to a cd...that wont open it either. I am wondering if something in the properties has to do with this problem. I have never opened that up to save anything differently...any ideas??? How to troubleshoot a damaged publication in Publisher http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;198256 Have...

SaveRecord: The Command or Action "SaveRecord" isn't available now
Hi, I get this runtime error on a button click, in a converted application (from ACCESS 97 to 2003). It works fine in the 97 application. The application closes down after the message box. Can some body please help. Thanks in advance. Surya It may be that the A'97 application was not fully compiled before conversion. Try opening the A'97 version, using A'97, and running Debug | Compile ... from the VBA window. After making a backup copy, run Compact & Repair. Now try converting to A'03. Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "surya" <s...

How do I allow a macro to run on a protecetd sheet without the user having to enter the password?
I have a macro (see below) that begins by unprotecting the active worksheet, runs several subs, then protects the sheet again. The user runs the macro by clicking on a graphic in a locked cell. The sheet is normally password protected. I'm pretty sure that something odd has happened - I'm sure the user could run the macro without having to give the password to unprotect, and now the macro won't run without they do that. Also, when the macro finishes, the sheet is protected, but doesn't seem to have password protection - Tools|Protection|Unprotect just unprotects it w...

site consolidation adc 5.5 issues
We moved all 5.5 mailboxes to E2K3 SP1 successfully cross-site (and across WAN). ADC Cleanup does not appear to be happening -- 5.5 still showing all as hidden with that X500:ADCDoNotReplicate attribute.. How to speed up? Also, may be larger issue at cause -- we have two-way ADC user agreement, but from AD to 5.5 was set up to export AD changes to .csv. (We did have 5.5 changes to go thru to AD). I can see the .csv file has list of all the moved mailboxes, so that caused no cleanup? I changed the ADC user agreement to send AD changes to 5.5 (not .csv), got message about full directory s...

Auto Password Entry in Exchange
I just added an exchange account using SherWeb. I cannot figure out how to make it enter my password automatically. Every time I open OL07 I have to re enter my password for that account. Where do I set it up to automatically remember it? Is there a checkbox to save the password? If not, look in tools, accounts, your email acct's More Settings. Look on Security tab - is the always prompt for logon credentials. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http:/...

Using Cached Exchange Mode, now can't access server
Yesterday we enabled Cached Exchange Mode and now I am not able to access the Exchange server. I can ping a public IP address, and I can ping the company's server from inside the VPN. The VPN connection is up and running fine and I am able to browse the internet through the VPN. Any ideas? TIA. ...

Changing Password Via OWA
Have an Exchange 2000 server running as a E-mail gateway. While trying to change the password , it throws an error " The user name contains invalid characters" Any help will be appreciated I have seen this question posted a number of times as well without resolution. I would open a case with PSS. On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 16:41:05 +0530, "Siva" <sivamurugu@indscape.com> wrote: >Have an Exchange 2000 server running as a E-mail gateway. While trying to >change the password , it throws an error " The user name contains invalid >characters" >Any he...

Posible to open site with Page scrolled to the bottom?
I'm using master pages and the first page to open is a content page. When the site starts I'd like the first page that shows to be positioned at the bottom. Is that possible? Thanks Try to set focus to any control that appears on the content page. Vijay chandar. " Cal Who" <CalWhoQQ@roadrunner.com> wrote in message news:uxZPAlJcKHA.2184@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > I'm using master pages and the first page to open is a content page. > > When the site starts I'd like the first page that shows to be positioned > at the bot...