SAM 12294 errors since password change

Hi,

Since changing our domain admin and local admin password we get EventID
12294 SAM errors logged in our system logs on the 2 domain controllers.

The error is The SAM database was unable to lockout the account
[]........(the other account on the other dc lists as ? in the event ID)

I've checked all services using domain admin and all are running, servers
have all been rebooted.

Turning up security logging reveals the userID Administrator fails on krbtgt
with pre-authentication and error code 0x18. Yet we've not changed this.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Paul

0
Paul

Hello Paul,

Start here:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306091

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/887433

Best regards

Meinolf Weber
no rights.

> Hi,
>
> Since changing our domain admin and local admin password we get
> EventID 12294 SAM errors logged in our system logs on the 2 domain
> controllers.
>
> The error is The SAM database was unable to lockout the account
> []........(the other account on the other dc lists as ? in the event
> ID)
>
> I've checked all services using domain admin and all are running,
> servers have all been rebooted.
>
> Turning up security logging reveals the userID Administrator fails on
> krbtgt with pre-authentication and error code 0x18. Yet we've not
> changed this.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks
>
> Paul

0
Meinolf
4/12/2010 11:41:23 AM
Hello,

I checked those articles and our servers are replicating okay. I've also ran
full virus scans on the network and it's clean.

Is there a way to find out where this is originating from as the events have
now switched to another DC, suggesting that something is authenticating
using incorrect credentials, and the eventcombmt tool just highlights what's
already in the event logs.

Thanks

"Meinolf Weber [MVP-DS]" <meiweb@(nospam)gmx.de> wrote in message
> Hello Paul,
>
> Start here:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306091
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/887433
>
> Best regards
>
> Meinolf Weber
> Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and
> confers no rights.
> ** Please do NOT email, only reply to Newsgroups
> ** HELP us help YOU!!! http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Since changing our domain admin and local admin password we get
>> EventID 12294 SAM errors logged in our system logs on the 2 domain
>> controllers.
>>
>> The error is The SAM database was unable to lockout the account
>> []........(the other account on the other dc lists as ? in the event
>> ID)
>>
>> I've checked all services using domain admin and all are running,
>> servers have all been rebooted.
>>
>> Turning up security logging reveals the userID Administrator fails on
>> krbtgt with pre-authentication and error code 0x18. Yet we've not
>> changed this.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Paul

0
Paul

password for command button?
Is there a way to code a command button in its on click event that will prompt the user to enter a password to perform the command button's operation? Thank you. -Debbie On Jan 4, 11:34 am, Debbie S. <Debb...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a way to code a command button in its on click event that will > prompt the user to enter a password to perform the command button's > operation? > > Thank you. > > -Debbie Yes, but you'll need to delve into VBA. Attach a click event to the button and in the code: Public Function Button1_Click() ...

Changing SQL Server for CRM 1.2

Territory Change

chart MAcro to change on activecell

Changing font in Money 2004 register?

crm 3.0 error 03-01-06

Error in Outlook Today

Re: 'Uknown Error 0x800CCC97'

stop error defeating me

Error in database....

Changing language

error 553

80070005 error #2

Changing the words "Sales Receipt" to "Invoice"
I cannot find how to change the word at the top right of our Sales document to read "Invoice" rather than "Sales Receipt". We bill out as a receivable for most of our goods and there seems to be some confusion with our customers. Thanks in advance for your help. -- Ron Moore Changing Sales Order to Invoice There is a receipt variable called "Transaction.ReceiptTransactionName" (in <SUB name="PrintTransactionType"> of receipt.xml)which returns the "default" name for the transaction based on it's type. You can replace this w...

Change View
Hi I have in a default view: My Active Accounts and I would like to change it to: Active Accounts Thanks Carlos Hi Carlos, This can be setup in the Account entity. Customize the Account Entity - forms and Views - Select Active Accounts and Set as default. This should do it. Hope this helps! Sam _______________ Inogic Innovative Logic Innovative solutions for your SME ERP/CRM products E-mail: crm@inogic.com Web: www.inogic.com -------------------------- "Carlos De la Cruz" <carlos.delacruz@gmail.com> wrote in message news:F19899E7-A9EB-4F38-BE4C-BA01991CD2C0@micro...