Routing and Remote Access service Server 2003

I am using a server 2003 as a router.  (Not ISA)  Is it possible to assign a
second ip address to the internet facing adapter and map that ip to an
internal ip ?

No, I don't believe it is possible.
I used second and other IP addresses exclusively for web sites hosted on the
IIS and nothing else.

"Dave Mc" <DaveMc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am using a server 2003 as a router.  (Not ISA)  Is it possible to assign
> second ip address to the internet facing adapter and map that ip to an
> internal ip ?

0
Dusko
3/19/2010 8:49:28 PM

"Dave Mc" <DaveMc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am using a server 2003 as a router.  (Not ISA)  Is it possible to assign
> second ip address to the internet facing adapter and map that ip to an
> internal ip ?

   Is your server running as a NAT router? If you are using RRAS/NAT you can
add a pool of public IPs to RRAS (not to the NIC) and map these public IPs
to machines on the private LAN through NAT. This "pool" can be a single IP.
Specify the same IP as start and end address.

0
Bill

Outlook 2003 News

Changing SQL Server for CRM 1.2