RDP incoming not working on Server 2003

I have a server running Server 2003 Standard which has been running just fine
for some time but this week a new problem has arisen.

I cannot establish an RDP session with it, no remote system on its subnet
can even make an initial RDP connection at all.

On the server itself, I can RDP out to any PC on the subnet with no problem.
I've also looked all through the Event Logs and there are no errors at all
that have anything to do with this or at the times I've tried to connect from
a remote PC.

I checked over and over to make sure Remote Connections are allowed in My
Computer properties and it's just like it's always been. There is no firewall
running on the server so that's ruled out. No new software has been installed
nor any changes made. I know that for certain because I'm the only one who
can login to the server (small domain).

I've checked all of the permissions on the server that I can think of,
including ADUC (it's a DC) and in gpedit and everything looks just as it
should.

Does anyone have any idea what else to look for? I'm stumped!

In article <5A85B581-8F11-456F-91D0-C588787DD1D9@microsoft.com>,
JonathanL@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> Does anyone have any idea what else to look for? I'm stumped!

REBOOT IT and see if that fixes it.

Trust yourself.
Leythos
4/29/2010 1:04:07 AM
Leythos wrote:
> In article <5A85B581-8F11-456F-91D0-C588787DD1D9@microsoft.com>,
> JonathanL@discussions.microsoft.com says...
>> Does anyone have any idea what else to look for? I'm stumped!
>>

> REBOOT IT and see if that fixes it.

And if that doesn't do it, do a ;

netstat -a |find "3389"

....check for "listening"

--
/kj

0
kj

Outlook 2003 features
1. Does Outlook 2003 permit a Project-like use of Tasks (e.g., does it permit sub tasks) like Microsoft Schedule Plus? 2. Does Outlook 2003 have a Gantt chart feature? No on both counts...but you might want to poke around www.slipstick.com and see if there are any 3rd party addins that would add this functionality. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:296a301c4652b$32cdbe40$a401280a@phx.gbl, Sherry wrote: > 1. Does Outlook 2003 permit a Pr...

Max clinet change to Cache mode per server
Hi, we have 2 Exchange 2003 a-p Cluster on Unisys ES7000 with 9000 mailboxes on each cluster. The Clients work with Outlook XP. We plan a Rollout of Outlook 2003 SP2 with activated Cache Mode. Our Offline Adressbook has abaout 10 MB and one Mailbox a average space of 35 MB. Now my question, how much client can rolled out parallel that the download of the mailbox content has only small impact to the Exchange Server performance ? Has anybody some experiences in this case Thank you Ingo ...

Macro Not Working
Hi can any please advise me why my Macro is not working The Macro allows users to Input dates via a message box which shoul then be input in cells B1, B2, B3 & B4 - but this does not happen - I addition when I try to change the sheet name in the macro from Sheet2 t another name i.e. mydata it displays an error Sub Input_Dates1() ' ' MyName = InputBox("Please Enter Date for Q1") If MyName = "" Then Exit Sub End If Sheet2.Range("$B$1").Value = MyName MyName = InputBox("Please Enter Date for Q2") If MyName = "" Then Exit Sub E...

Outlook 2003 won't send 1 message
I'm having the same problem as Joshua..and it just started today after I loaded a lot of Windows XP Professional updates off the Microsoft site. One message is hung in my outbox; if I write a new message, it moves to the hung position and won't send. Any ideas? I am having the same problem with Outlook 2003. I just can't send the message. Anyone have any ideas? "kenc" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:085601c3bc08$e6e7ff70$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I'm having the same problem as Joshua..and it just > started today after I loa...

Junk E-Mail Lists Error in Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2003
I have seen several people post about this error message that comes up in Outlook, but so far I haven't seen anyone respond. I am running an Exchange 2003 server with SP1 and my client is Outlook 2003. I installed IMF a few weeks ago, and it appears that this message started soon afterwards. I have now uninstalled IMF, but am still receiving the message. My end users are getting frustrated, as am I. There also appears to be an error in the IMF deployment guide about adding a registry key to increase the list size in Exchange. It states to "right click System", but there is n...

Modifying dialog for incoming emails
good morning from germany, how can i customize the dialog which tells me that i have some new incoming email, f.g. name of sende, date and time or some other email related infos. thx patric What version of Outlook? If Outlook 2003, you can customize the rules for displaying an alert from specified individuals. Tell us your version and more detailed information (and IF it can be done in your version) will be forthcoming. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. "Patric" <sokrates1973@aol.com> wrote in message ne...

URLScan OWA 2003 Exchange
We are running a front end 2003 OWA server and I have followed the documentation for allowing OWA pages to be server but it does not work. I have even cut and pasted and actual .ini file from Microsoft. The furthest that I have got to the point of login but after that both left and right panes say Page not found. I would appreciate any ideas. Thx. AC I'd check out the urlscan log files to see if there is content being blocked by urlscan. The logs should be in the windir\system32\inetsrv\urlscan\logs. What do they say? Also, can you indicate which documentation you used? Are...

PibotTable(OLE server)
I'm using MS Access 2003 and doing homework about Pivottable. When I select Query that I would like to create Pivottable. There is a message shows" The connection with the OLE server was lost, or the OLE server encountered an error while you were using it. Restart the OLE server, and then try the operation again." I don't know what the OLE server is and how to restart? If you knows, please help Thanks On Thu, 20 Mar 2008 20:23:01 -0700, TT <TT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Not sure exactly what happened, but your query likely included an "OLE Object"...

outlook 2003 problem
hello... my clients have mentioned a "problem" and i am stumped on what to do with it on user accounts that have been renamed because a user left and we wanted the new user to take over their account, after changing the display name, alias, etc. when typing part of their last name in outlook, in the brackets next to it, outlook still shows the prior users login name (i have changed the login name, alias, etc..) all any idea on how to correct this? thanks ed On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 12:45:16 -0400, "Eddie Walker" <ewalker3REMOVEME@prodigy.net> wrote: >hello...

What firewall ports to open to manage server through ESM?
Hi, Got 2 Exchange 2003 servers (in separate RGs) which are connected via WAN and separated by Firewalls. What are the Firewall ports I need to open in order to manage the remote Exchange server, using a local ESM? TIA, Shel Shel: I don't know the answer, but why can't you use Remote Desktop Connection (port 3389) for this? From my experience, it is at least 10x faster than directly using ESM or ADUC and works great even over 56k dial-up to a VPN. Regards, Martin "Shel" <shel@msnews.forum.com> wrote in message news:OJlNgOwcEHA.1644@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > H...

Working hours
Hi, Every month we make a list of our employees working hours. ex. monday 10.00 - 16.00 = 6h tuesday 16.00 - 20.00 = 4h total 10h how can i calculate the hours together, some employ can have only 30 hours per week, now calculate by my fingers....sorry for my bad english Fredrik, Finland Day in Column A, Start time in Column B, End time in Column C, Start in Row 2. Make sure time entries are TRUE XL recognized times. Daily total in Column D, using this formula: =MOD(C2-B2,1) Say weekly total is in D9. Format D9 to Custom [h]:mm And use this formula:...

2007 compatibility pack not working
Hello, I have Windows 2000 SP4 running Office 2000 SP3. I installed the latest 2007 office compatibility pack (incudes SP1 and SP2), however I am still unable to open Office 2007 files, specifically .xlsx and .docx. I have tried repairing and reinstalling Office. I have downloaded and installed all the Microsoft Security updates and Office 2000 Updates. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the compatibility pack. Still no luck. I get the following error when opening a Word 2007 doc. "There was an error opening the file". Excel just says the file is an unrecogni...

Registry hack for keeping Outlook 2003 in same state as it was when last closed?
Is there a registry hack that will allow me to keep Outlook, and any opened email windows, in the same position and state that they were when I last closed Outlook 2003? For instance, there are a number of calendars and messages that I prefer to have open each time I restart Outlook 2003. Is there a registry setting that will allow Windows XP and Outlook 2003 to remember the state of all the opened windows? What do you mean exactly? Do you want them opened each time you open Outlook, or do you mean when you have Outlook open, you want them to open in the same position as the last t...

I lost my Access (Office) 2003 disk
I have MS Office 2003 loaded on my computer, but someone stole all my program disks just over a year ago, and now I'm finding that things like the subform wizard doesn't load automatically with the program, but has to be loaded later from the program disk (I'm working out of some tutorial-type books for Access 2003). Is there some way of getting around this? Either just using Access workarounds, or is there some way of getting a hold of these (apparent) add-ins to the program, either on line or on disc? Thanks Rob, I answered your question in the Forms newsgroup, this morning. -...

License Key for Adventure Works Cycle
I'm not sure if it's legal to ask on here, but I have tossed the paper work that came with my cds assuming i could get the license key off the MSDN site for Pro Suite version 1.2. (Apparently you can't) I still have 1.0 but don't even have the upgrade key to go the long way and set up my demo machine. For the sake of time (I've placed a call to tech support but we all know how long that could take) is anyone willing to share this info with me? ------=_NextPart_0001_08EF7B17 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit The CRM Implementation Guide has a ...

FilesystemObject doesn't work anymore. How to fix?
I think that scrrun.dll is messed up (New technical term) somehow. But if I knew what I am talking about, I wouldn't be bothering you folks. This line: Set fso = CreateObject("scripting.filesystemobject") causes this error message to appear: Error: (null) Code: 8002801D I've dragged scrrun.dll onto regsvr32.exe several times (just to be sure I actually had done it) , each time getting the message: DllRegisterServer in C:\Windows\System32\scrrun.dll succeeded. I'm running WinVista Ultimate 64bit, completely updated. Does anybody have any ideas a...

Error During Send/Receive in Outlook 2003
Hi all, When i try and send/receive in outlook 2003 it sends out my mail fine however when it gets to receiving or updating the inbox i come up with the following error: Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x8007000E) : 'Out of memory or system resources. Close some windows or programs and try again.' I do not have any windows open. Below are the few things that i have tried already. -restart Outlook -make sure no windows are open -finaly restarted the computer and still no luck. Well Hope to get a solution. Best Regards What are you system specs ? CPU...

distribution group / delivery report exchange 2003
an originator from outside my exchange 2003 organisation is sending an email to a distribution list, but he never receive a delivery report global config, message format for domain * (is ok) [x] delivery report [x] non delivery report "Ronald" <rasch@ltsa.de> wrote: >an originator from outside my exchange 2003 organisation >is sending an email to a distribution list, >but he never receive a delivery report Did he request one? -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm ...

2 questions about Exchange Server 2000
1. How, or where, do I find out where Service Pack level I have installed? I see that I downloaded SP3, but I can't tell if it was ever installed. 2. Clients have Outlook 2000. Inbox is open. Last message is selected. No new mail. Then, if you click on a different message, you get the "new mail has arrived..." message. It seems to only deliver new mail when you change messages. Any thoughts? 1. In Exchange System Manager, highlight the Servers container. It should show you all servers in the right pane along with their service pack level. 2. Sounds like something is b...

2003: LDAP Error
I have just installed Outlook 2003 and get an error message when typing names in the to: or cc: or bcc: field. The error header reads "Microsoft LDAP Diectory" The message is "LDAP Directory is unavailable (52)" Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. Check the settings of the Address Book. Tools -> Address Book. "Dave" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:16e7a01c41791$16dbb210$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I have just installed Outlook 2003 and get an error > message when typing names in the to: or cc: or bcc: > field. >...

Trouble getting Bill Pay to work with Money 2005
I upgraded from Money 2004 Deluxe to Money 2005 Premium this evening. I had Bill Pay working in the 2004 version. I went to enable the "Access your Money data on the Web" option in Settings. It said that I had to disable Bill Pay first before it would continue and that it would enable Bill Pay again once the process was complete. Unfortunately, now I can't get Bill Pay enabled again. I can go to the Bills screen and see my scheduled bills, but I can't do ePay through Bill Pay in Money anymore. When I go to Manage Online Services, I see my bank accounts that are ...

Outlook XP and 2003
Weird Outlook 2002 and 2003 problem. If I start a message from within Outlook and attach a file it sends normally, but if I try and send by hitting the 'mail' button from within Word or Excel (filling in the pertinent info and hit send) the message just goes to the Outlook's outbox and will not go out no matter how many times I hit 'send and receive'. The same goes for files or pictures if I go to the file 1st and do a R-click send to mail. They just end up in the outbox and will not send. -- "I don't cheat to survive. I cheat to LIVE!!" - Alceryes ...

Multiple e-mail account in MS Outlook 2003
I have 4 e-mail accounts set up (all from the same server) and can send from all accounts but I only receive mail for the default account. Any suggestions? Does each account use the same account properties? (e.g. same mailbox name, userid, and password.) "Crazy Squaw" <Crazy Squaw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:78F4A600-8A92-4011-8E4C-6094A77DEF4A@microsoft.com... >I have 4 e-mail accounts set up (all from the same server) and can send >from > all accounts but I only receive mail for the default account. Any > suggestions? ...

importing Outlook Express messages to Outlook 2003
In Outlook Express the displayed Sent and Received date for messages sent out have the same date. The import function in Outlook 2003 to import Outlook Express messages changes the Received Date to the date/time of the import. Is there a way to retain the Sent Date as the Received Date or is there a way to convert the Received Date of a sent e-mail to be the same as the e-mail's Sent Date. Regards, Rannoch "rannoch" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:016c01c42631$4e3d7500$7d02280a@phx.gbl... > In Outlook Express the displayed Sent and ...

Modify Access 97 tables in Access 2003
How do I modify an Access 97 table using Access 2003 without converting the database? Is there any tool available? Rick This is only one person's experience... There is only one tool I'm familiar with that would let you do that, and it's called ... Access '97<g>! You've described HOW you want to do something. Now, if you'll describe a bit more about WHY you need this done, the folks here in the newsgroup may be able to offer more specific suggestions. Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "Rick" <Rick@discussions.microsoft.com...