ntbackup of exchange

Can someone please tell me how to do ntbackup of exchange in a command
mode? Would really appreciate that.
0
john

"john" <johnbahran@hotmail.com> said this in news item
> Can someone please tell me how to do ntbackup of exchange in a command
> mode? Would really appreciate that.

I do not have instant access to Exchange right now but you can easily find
out for yourself like so:
- Use the ntbackup GUI to create your backup job.
- Get it to execute later.
- Open the Task Scheduler.
- Open the task that ntbackup just created.

Hey presto - there is your command line!

0
Pegasus

Stand By Exchange Server
Is it possible to load a stand by server with Windows 2003 server, Exchange 2003, and replicate the .edp, .stm, and log files. onto this server. If I then have a failure on my mailserver I just unplug it and point the clients to the new server. I unerstand I would need to change the IP. I am trying to have the simplest backup solution I can design. Another possibility would be to have the server ready and restore the edp from the tape and run through the transaction logs. you can either go with clustering, or a third party for this type of redundancy... "Alpine7" <darren@datas...

Exchange 2000 mailbox permissions
Pretty much a newbie running a Exchange 2000 server that was an upgrade from Exchange 5.5. Permissions on the user's mailboxes are messed up..."Everyone" has full permissions to everyone's mailbox. When I try to remove the "everyone" group from any particular user (only want to do 1 for testing right now), I get the message that the permissions were inherited from the parent object. The problem is that there's no checkbox to prevent the inheriting. I'm doing this from the Active Directory Users and Computers/Properties on the user/Exchange Advanced/Mailbo...

Exchange 2007 Edge transport server
Hi all I am reading tecknet about EX 2007 and it is saying that i need to have 2 nics on the box. One for the publi network and one for the privcate network, and that the private network should have DNS that points to the ISP. I dont see why i couldnt pull the edge transport server on the LAN dont make the box a member of the domain, configure one nic and set the DNS to point to the internal DNS server, then server publish the edge server with ISA 2004. Would this work? "The Edge Transport server role is deployed outside of the Exchange organization as a stand-alone server in th...

External mail with Exchange
I am working with E2003/SBS2003. Exchange is used for public folders and contacts. The email is handled externally by an ISP, so there are 2 accounts set up within Outlook for each workstation (Exchange & SMTP). We have the SMTP set as the default but there are issues sending and receiving mail (some attachments won't send, or some forwarded mail). What can be done to resolve this issue? Do I want to set up Exchange to forward to this external SMTP mail server? I greatly appreciate any and all help. The forwarding issue is possibly to do with internal addresses, have you ...

exchange 2003 startup
i installed the exchage 2003 in windows 2003 server . nut when i connected to my server . when i browse than following id will com ...

Exchange error #2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C422EF.77BB0590 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Anyone ever seen this error message. The categorizer is unable to categorize messages due to a retryable = error. ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C422EF.77BB0590 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Typ...

cant send mail to local Exchange server
Repost, sorry missed replys last time I have SBS win 2000 as my DC running exchange I also have a win 2003 internal server running IIS for my web apps some of my asp pages need to send email What I have done is used the STMP server on the win 2003 to send the email this works fine for remote email addresses but I can not send mail to the local domains. My mail is working for all external domains, but the domains handled by the by exchange on my DC do not receive the mail. Any ideas? Hi Slim, Thank you for posting here. Please confirm the results of the suggestions I have mentione...

Exchange 5.5 SP4
Hallo, ich habe einen EX 5.5 mit SP4 - diesem server soll ein weiterer Ex 5.5 hinzugefügt werden. Allerdings kann sich niemand mehr an das Installpasswort des EX servers erinnern. Kann ich diese Passwort über den NT 4 Benutzmanager einfach zurücksetzen, oder schieße ich mir damit den laufenden EX 5.5 ab? Für hilfreiche Infos wäre ich sehr dankbar! Gruss Tom Hi, "thoby" <thoby@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:4BE75921-AB54-428F-9B8A-A34314F5D7E2@microsoft.com... > Hallo, > ich habe einen EX 5.5 mit SP4 - diesem serv...

Offline Address Book failure after new exchange server added
I've brought up a new Exchange 2003 server on new hardware on a network with an existing Exchange 2003 server, i've moved all the mailboxes, public folder replication just wouldnt work so I backed up the non system folders to pst and did all the other bits etc and everyone is working fine on the new server whether the old one is online or not but i'm getting errors syncing the offline address book and it will not rebuild, some users get permissions errors and others just say "error syncing" and the exchange event log reports that its the OAB. I've still got access to...

New Domain setup for exchange.
Hi all I use exchange 2003 on a simple AD domain. we have just brought another domain (company2.com). I assume all I have to do it tell the hosting company to forward the mx records to us (same place where the existing mx records are going) and then supply the individual users with the smtp address and that should work. Please let me know if there is anything else that I must do to start receive external emails for this new domain. Thanks in advance. f. fm wrote: > Hi all > > I use exchange 2003 on a simple AD domain. we have just brought another > domain (company2.com)....

Outlook 2007 gets "Cannot connect to exchange" server down message but 2003 is fine
We just migrated from Exchange 2003 to 2007. Both the 03 and the new 07 server are still running side by side while public folder replication occurs. The 03 exchange server is also our terminal services computer. I upgraded Outlook to 2007 on the 03/terminal services machine. All users except 2 had no problems on first log in. 2 users though simply cannot connect to exchange. All I get is a generic "unable to connect to exchange" error message when opening outlook. Setting of the account automaticly fails or propets for credentials which fails. I have restarted the server and...

Exchange 2007 email routing
Hello all I am testing out Exchange 2007 Beta two. I ahve Exchange installed on 2003 r2 server. I have installed mailbox, hub, and CA components. I have created a test AD forest on my LAN and joined the 2007 exchange server to the test AD forest. I am trying to send email from a mailbox on the 2007 server to a live mailbox on my 2003 exchange server, but whenever i send the email from 2007 it gets stuck in the queue, with "a matchign conector cannot be found to route to the external recipient." I have looked at my send connector and its set to send mail for *.testdomain.com ...

Exchange 2003 Mailbox Manager
I was curious if there is a way to have the Mailbox Manager clear messages after a certain age, similar to what we did with Exchange 5.5. We currently delete messages that are older than 45 days on our 5.5 server and would like to do the same on 2003. I am able to have the mailbox size retention, but not date retention. On Sat, 28 May 2005 23:02:01 -0700, "Mario Colon" <Mario Colon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I was curious if there is a way to have the Mailbox Manager clear messages >after a certain age, similar to what we did with Exchange 5.5. We curren...

Exchange 5.5 Information store is shutting down
Hi, We are running MS Exchange 5.5 Service pack 4 on NT 4 Service pack 6. The Exchange information store is frequently shutting down. We do not see any error event in the NT eventlog relationg to “Exchange Information Store” but we see some error from “Internet Mail Service”. It looks like IS is shutting down and then IMS is having problem connecting to IS. Secquence of events as in event log. An error was returned from the messaging software the Internet Mail Service uses to process messages on the Microsoft Exchange Server. It is possible that the piece of mail being processed a...

Distribution Lists in Exchange 2003/Outlook 2003
What is the maximum number of entries you can put in a Distribution list in the global address list. IIRC, the limit on values in multivalued attributes like the "member" attribute was 5000 in Windows 2000 AD, and most likely this has changed with AD 2003. If your Distribution Groups grow to such sizes, it's a better idea to start nesting them. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "sawdust" <michael@mepayne.com> wrote in message news:1143584659.020778.97400@t31g2000cwb.googlegroup...

Exchange services group missing
Greetings- Long story short. I have applied the 2003 R2 schema update to a domain, and then installed a new Exchange server (2003). During the install the Exchange SA service failed to start and this entry showed in the event log for 20 minutes - "Microsoft Exchange System Attendant does not have sufficient rights to read Exchange configuration objects in Active Directory. Wait for replication to complete and then check to make sure the computer account is a member of the "Exchange Domain Servers" security group.". After this the SA service started and I reboote...

Error Using NTBackup on Information Store
Could anyone point me in the direction to solve this error. Backup Status Operation: Backup Active backup destination: File Media name: "20060515.bkf created 5/15/2006 at 10:39 AM" Backup of "DELL-6450-4SK7B\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group" Backup set #1 on media #1 Backup description: "Set created 5/15/2006 at 10:39 AM" Media name: "20060515.bkf created 5/15/2006 at 10:39 AM" Backup Type: Normal Backup started on 5/15/2006 at 10:40 AM. Folder DELL-6450-4SK7B\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group\Mailbox Store (DELL-6450-4S...

Exchange 2K - Employee investigation
We have an employee suspected of some wrongdoings and to facilitate an internal investigation we must have full access to her mailbox - everything she's done in Outlook for the past year. How can we extract all e-mail (sent, received, deleted, etc...) from her mailbox? We're running Exchange 2000. Detailed explanations would be helpful as I'm not a seasoned Exchange admin. Thanks. You can use Exmerge to extract all of the mailbox info to a pst. Microsoft's website will have info on Exmerge, if you cannot find it there let me know and I will get it to you. "Angry Ma...

Exchange in Child Domain
Hi I hope someone can provide me with some clarity on the following: I have installed a second Exchange server in a child domain of our parent (forest root) domain on a remote site, connected by a WAN/LAN link. Currently all servers are in the same routing group in the same organisation, and everything appears fine. The servers are all present and manageable in the Exchange System Manager and users on one mailbox server can email users on the other mailbox server no problem. (We are also going to install a Front-End for OWA access). We could configure a routing group between the sites...

Exchange user account email properties not now showing in AD
I created a Windows 2000 active directory user and also an Exchange 2000 mailbox for that user which successfully worked. However when I open the properties on the user in AD i can see the exchange property tabs such as exchange advanced, exchange features, exchange general, email addresses but within the email addresses tab, the email address assigned from the recipient policy doesn't is not shown and is blank. I've tried to replicate AD, create the user account, updated and rebuilt the RUS, tried to connect to exchange using outlook however i haven't been able to locate th...

Exchange 5.5 Internet Mail Service. (NT4 SP6a)
Is there any way to increase the timeout on this service? e.g. due to intermitent DNS problems, sometimes after a server reboot which happens once a week, this service is unable to resolve the SMTP server of our ISP, which all our messages are forwarded to. This means that the service does not start and manual intervention is required (Not good when you are on holiday and you are the only person in the IT department). NB - I have already entered the IP address of our ISP SMTP server in the hosts file on our NT server - but am not 100% sure this will cure the problem. Is there even a way to...

Exchange Powershell cmdlets from VB.NET
Hi, I want to run New-Mailbox but I get this: "The term 'New-Mailbox' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet" This is when running on a machine with exchange 32 bit management tools installed. Here is my code: Imports System.DirectoryServices Imports System.Data Imports Microsoft.PowerShell Imports System.Collections.ObjectModel Imports System.Management.Automation Imports System.Management.Automation.Runspaces Imports System.IO Imports System.Text If txtUsername.Text.Length > 1 Then If UserExists(txtUsername.Text) Then ...

Exchange error 1000
Hi, We are receiving the following message in the application log of our single site exchange 2003 server (sp2). There doesn't seem to be any problems with the services and exchange is functioning correctly but we would like to know what they are, and how to clear them. Has anyone seen these alerts before? Event Type: Error Event Source: Application Error Event Category: (100) Event ID: 1000 Date: 21/03/2007 Time: 09:16:54 User: N/A Computer: **** Description: Faulting application w3wp.exe, version 6.0.3790.1830, faulting module davex.dll, version 6.5.7651.61, fault address 0x0...

Training Class for Exchange 2003
Does anyone know what is the best training class for Exchange server 2003 which is very detailed oriented and for adminidtration purposes. Any hands on training???? Please let me know if anyone has taken the class. Thanks Sonal wrote: > Does anyone know what is the best training class for Exchange server > 2003 which is very detailed oriented and for adminidtration purposes. > Any hands on training???? Please let me know if anyone has taken the > class. Thanks There are lots of classes. What is it you know how to administer already? In Which country do you want "S...

Exchange IMS Connector Issue
Hi Exchange 5.5 on NT4 I have three exchange servers in different sites connected by IMS, all in same Org. My central site has directory replicators to the other two sites. This has been working for a few years no problem. However If I send an email using the GAL and select a user on a different site, the email goes across the connector, through Messagelabs Anti virus service. Hits the IMS on the remote site. When the MTA tries to transfer the message to the Information Store, it can't find the recipient in the address list. Generates an NDR which it can't send to me, appears to be s...