How can i move the Winsxs folder

Hi all,

We have a windows 2008 server (not a dc) running exchange 2007. All
databases and log files are on the d and e drives. We have a 40 GB C
parition with a windows folder of 18 GB, 3 Gb in Software Distribution and 9
GB in Winsxs. Is there a safe Microsoft approach for moving these folders to
a different partition or reducing the size. I have found a few things on
Google but none of them are approved by MS.

thanks

Stef

0
stef

Hello stef,

No, you have leave the folder where it is.

Best regards

Meinolf Weber
no rights.

> Hi all,
>
> We have a windows 2008 server (not a dc) running exchange 2007. All
> databases and log files are on the d and e drives. We have a 40 GB C
> parition with a windows folder of 18 GB, 3 Gb in Software Distribution
> and 9 GB in Winsxs. Is there a safe Microsoft approach for moving
> these folders to a different partition or reducing the size. I have
> found a few things on Google but none of them are approved by MS.
>
> thanks
>
> Stef

0
Meinolf

If I accidently replace a saved file can I retrieve the old file?
No. PLEASE write your question in the body of the post and NOT just the subject. Have a look here: http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm -- Gordon Burgess-Parker Interim Systems and Management Accounting www.gbpcomputing.co.uk "kamabiv" <kamabiv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2A547F5D-AA2C-44D7-AEC7-8961A81AC4E5@microsoft.com... > ...

moving mail/contacts from outlook express_ to_ outlook
I can not find any of my Outlook Express saved items: Thought they were at a location similar to below: C:\Windows\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook Express\Mail Searched by *.dbx / *.ibx / *.pst and opening every subfolder. Got a little ahead of ourselves and "switched" from OE to Outlook - Comcast claimed OE was the same or better, but we missed some of the Outlook features. Now we have lost our "address books" and some important attachments that were still within emails...the emails are downloaded somewhere on this hardrive as we have not deleted a thing...right ? ...

Can I use a Report expression for queries?
Is it possible to use the following expression that is used in reports on queries? =[Sales]/Sum([Sales])*100 Or some expression to get the result. Thank you. No. In your query, you can refer to text boxes on a form, but not on a report. That's because of the way reports are formatted (sequentially.) Forms have a current record, which identifies which value you want. Reports don't. In the context of a query, there are other ways to get totals, such as DLookup(): http://allenbrowne.com/casu-07.html or a subquery: http://allenbrowne.com/subquery-01.html -- Allen Browne ...

Can't Eliminate Client Edge
I have a window derived from CWnd. I added the following code: int CPane::OnCreate(LPCREATESTRUCT lpCreateStruct) { // Create our window lpCreateStruct->dwExStyle = lpCreateStruct->dwExStyle & ~WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE; if (CWnd::OnCreate(lpCreateStruct) == -1) return -1; // Etc. Yes, the window appears with a visible client edge. And if I use Spy++, it reports that the window has the WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE style. I even tried calling SetWindowLong but that has no effect. Does anyone have any ideas why my window insists on having a client edge? Thanks! -- Jonathan Wo...

I have SQL Server installed on my workstation, can I not use MSDE
I have SQL Server Developer Edition on my workstation and I don't really want another instance of SQL on my box. Is there anyway for MS CRM 1.2 to use my existing installation? If you are referring to the MSDE datastore for the SFO client, then no, there isn't. It will install a new instance, but many of the underlying files are shared amongst the instances. Matt Parks ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On 23 Apr 2004 10:07:41 -0700, ramirez2sma@hotmail.com (Shawn Ramirez) wrote: I have SQL Server Developer Edition on my workstation ...

Sorting all folder contents in Outlook 2002??
My personal folders and sub-folders are presently not sorted by received date, so it's a pain to constantly have to hit the "received" tab when I open a folder to see the newer messages on top. Is there a way to change the default setting and have ALL my folders sorted by "received" date? Thanks Is there anyway i can make the addresses i see show up when i am reading a thread. reset the view - right click on the field names and click on the customize menu thenchoose reset. if you need help finding the reset option, see http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/viewm...

Can this be done
I use a 'closed' Citrix Metaframe delivered Outlook system at work and have no control over how it is configured. I can't even access my calandar/email from the internet - only when I'm in the office. What I want to do is somehow auto-forward my appointments from work to my home Outlook program/email address and populate my home calendar with my work meetings/schedule etc.... Can this be done ? Thanks in advance August The following article is all about synchronizing Outlook data between machines -- perhaps you'll find what you're looking for (there are 3rd part...

How can i use DAO Application
Hello freinds I have a software which is made in MFC and connected with MS Access 97 through DAO(Direct Access Object via MS jet Engine). Now i want to use same software for Postgresql and wanted to connected it through ODBC. Problem is that Old software has been developed for DAO,all main file like ,recordset,view doc r made for DAO. If i want to make it in ODBC,my classes like Set ,view Doc and other would be generated for ODBC. I dont know any option to use same software, Should i write whole software from the begining? I need ur help. thanks Sheikh ...

how can i make my page look like a page from a yearbook?
I have multiple photos that I need to get onto one page, all the same size and can't find a template for it! What version Publisher? If you are using 2003 or 07 the catalog merge maybe what you are needing. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH062524751033.aspx If it is simply a one page, create a table, with your cursor in a cell, fill, fill effects, picture tab. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Brit" <Brit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A0D9C84F-F82E-474A-A18F-67A3B...

i need to type on top of a line without it moving
I am trying to type on a line in a document, but the line moves when I do. I need to know how to type on top of the line without it moving in the document. To create the line I pressed the "dash" key and held it down. If I have created this the wrong way, please help me to get it right. I have Publisher 2007. Thank you Linda Don't type the line using dashes; type the line then use the line tool to draw the line under the statement. -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "Lulu" <Lulu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3E2DDA57-0A3C-4E59-...

how can I see graphic in publisher doc as I work
When working on a publisher doc if I insert clip art it is not visible. It prints oK and shows in print preview, but not on the working doc. I have tried "view-pictures" every setting. I have updated drivers for graphic card but no joy. I use Office 2003 Professional XP home edition ...

how can I get a publisher file to acrobat reader
I have a Regestration Form created in publisher 2003. When a confrence addtendee signs on to our web site they need to be able to click on a file (acrobat reader) Hopfuly, and download it and print it so they can fill out the form and mail it off. (I say acobat reader because that seems to be the most common way it's done. I dont see an export in publisher or a inport to acrobat. how can i make this happen You will need a third party program to create the pdf file. Adobe Acrobat but it's spendy or a freebee i.e., Primopdf or another commercial program of modest cost, i.e., PDF-XC...

Items not in sent items folder
I am running Outlook 2000 and when trying to email directly from Word using File --> Send --> as Attachment, the email goes through, but does not show up in my Sent Items folder. I checked the box in Options to save messages in sent items. Any ideas? ...

Calendar
I'm using Outlook 2007 and once in a great while I accidentally move a Calendar item to another day, a day I did not intend to. Is there a way to have a prompt - 'Are you sure you want to move this?' ... or something like that? Thanks, Dave Horne "Dave Horne" <davehorne@home.nl> wrote in message news:%237GZFTIuJHA.4928@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > I'm using Outlook 2007 and once in a great while I accidentally move a > Calendar item to another day, a day I did not intend to. > > Is there a way to have a prompt - 'Are you sure you want to m...

Can the Item Description wrap to multiple lines on an invoice?
We have some long item descriptions (up to the 100 character limit), and we were trying to figure out how to get them to print on an invoice. If I spread the field all out on a single line, it's too long to fit on the document. If I create a box that's several lines tall, it does partially wrap, but it doesn't print the full description - it cuts off after around the 60th character or so. Has anyone successfully wrapped an item description on an invoice? -- Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager HDA, Inc. Hazelwood, MO GP 9.0, SP2 I think you'll need to parse it and then...

How can I make a calendar containing only six months per page?
I want to print a calendar with exactly 6 months per page. All of the template choices seem to be either 1 or 12. Any ideas? What version Publisher? Divide your page with grid guides. In 2007-- Insert, Design Gallery Object. Calendar, Select the date range. Adjust to fit the space. You will have to do this six times. If you have earlier versions there were wizards... -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "David M" <David M@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7A8F66BD-4ED4-4439-8E9E-4A1E1833AC1A@microsoft.com... >I want to print a cale...

can i have a winxp product key please
Hi my computer all a sudden crashed and i reinstalled xp but lost product key and microsoft wont help mecan you please give me a product key No "jack wilkinson" wrote: > Hi my computer all a sudden crashed and i reinstalled xp but lost product > key and microsoft wont help mecan you please give me a product key > > > . > "jack wilkinson" <bargaindirect@clerk.com> wrote in message news:efTeyFszKHA.2436@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi my computer all a sudden crashed and i reinstalled xp but lost product > key and...

Public folders problems after migration to e2k3
Just did an migration from 2000 to e2k3 and Outlook clients can't access public folders. Just gives a generic error about not being able to open the folder. In OWA I can open the folders and see all the contents. I also get this error message in my Application log about FreeBusy and am thinking they might be related. Source:MSExchangeFBPublish Category: General Event IT:8197 Error initializing session for virtual machine $Mail$. The error number is 0x8004011d. Make sure Microsoft Exchange Store is running. I have seen others have had problems with Calendar Connector, and an unin...

Can't use Contacts folder following move from XP to Windows 7
I purchased a new computer on Windows 7, installed Office 2003 and copied across all the files including the .pst ones from my old computer which was on XP. Outlook is working fine in every respect except when creating a new message within Mail: it does not recognise the names from my Contacts folder (error message "Microsoft Office Outlook does not recognize xxx" . If I open the Contacts folder and select a contact, I can create "New Message to Contact". "lynbristol" <lynbristol@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:309BEC36-C...

how can I get outlook to set up my email accounts and have the se.
I keep getting error messages that the email server would not allow access, then the message now says that the email address line in outlook may be wrong, but I have checked it several times, and it is correct. It acts as though my previous attempts have somehow not been erased from the memory of the program. cjseals3 wrote: > I keep getting error messages that the email server would not allow > access, then the message now says that the email address line in > outlook may be wrong, but I have checked it several times, and it is > correct. It acts as though my previous attem...

why can't i connect to hotmail
anytime i try to send/recieve i keep getting an error message telling me to restart outlook. maybe i set up the account wrong but i can't see how. Please help ?? MS is in the proccess of blocking OL access to hotmail, unless you opt for a premium account. "Pino" <Pino@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A9FECAAD-A4DD-4339-BD44-0C31144E5967@microsoft.com... > anytime i try to send/recieve i keep getting an error message telling me to > restart outlook. > maybe i set up the account wrong but i can't see how. > > Please help ?? ...

How to put a table in Slide Layout so it can be applied to a page?
I am working with Slide Masters and Layouts for the first time. I'm doing OK with making them and applying them to pages. But when I make a table it doesn't work. When I go to Insert>Layout Placeholder> Table, then I get a box that has the word "Table" in it. Is that right? When I look for controls to make it look like a table with headers, cells etc., right-click on it, whatever, I don't see any table controls, just the usual text/box attributes (size etc.). So in the ribbon I go to Table Styles and click on one of them (Light #5) and then I have a no...

automatically move spam emails to a junk folder
Hi, Under the Junk E-mail Options, I turned on the highest level of filter. It works fine except that many of the junk emails are still sent to my inbox folder. These junk emails are prefixed with "SPAM:" in their subjects. I still need to look for them and manually delete them. Is there a way to have the system to move all of them to a junk folder or the "Deleted Items" folder. So far Outlook has not mistakenly marked any of my personal email as "spam". I simply want to trust it and don't' want to pay attention to these junk emails in my in...

I can't get a Bill out of my Budget
Hi, I was wondernig if someone could help me out. I have Money Standard 2004 and have a problem whenever I go to create a new budget. When originally setting up Money, I entered all my Bills into the "manage scheduled bills & deposits" area. I just switched insurance companies ans had to change some bills around. I added my new insurance company and deleted the bills for my old insurance company. When I tried to create a new budget, both the insurance company's bills were showing (even though I deleted my old one). It won't let me delete the field showing my ...

Outlook Processes can't be closed
Hi there, My Outlook processes can't be closed and it still runs when I close it. I can only stop it by Task Manager. If I open the Outlook again, another process is created. I've deleted all the add-in, but the problem still exists. Could anybody tell be how to check the what the problem is? Thanks. What version of Outlook? Do you have other software that accesses Outlook, such as a PDA synchronization software, WinFax, Franklin Cover Plan Plus!, etc.? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all m...