How can I disable connectivity to a windows server for 60 seconds? In linux this is done with: ifconfig eth0 down ; sleep 60 ; ifconfig eth0 up

How can I disable connectivity to a windows server for 60 seconds?

In linux this is done with: ifconfig eth0 down ; sleep 60 ; ifconfig eth0
up
0
DR

On 09/04/2010 02:23, DR wrote:
> How can I disable connectivity to a windows server for 60 seconds?
>
> In linux this is done with: ifconfig eth0 down ; sleep 60 ; ifconfig
> eth0 up

Use Netsh:

set interface name="Local Area Connection" admin=DISABLED

set interface name="Local Area Connection" admin=ENABLED

As for the 60-second pause in between, as far as I know there's no sleep
command that comes with Windows, but you can do this via a VB Script or
you could download a sleep command. There was one that came with the
Windows 2000 resource kit I think.

--
Chris M.
0

ZEDA

--
Zeda.nl - Windows Advanced Tips & Tricks*

Op 9-4-2010 10:26, Chris M schreef:
> On 09/04/2010 02:23, DR wrote:
>> How can I disable connectivity to a windows server for 60 seconds?
>>
>> In linux this is done with: ifconfig eth0 down ; sleep 60 ; ifconfig
>> eth0 up
>
> Use Netsh:
>
> set interface name="Local Area Connection" admin=DISABLED
>
> set interface name="Local Area Connection" admin=ENABLED
>

> As for the 60-second pause in between, as far as I know there's no sleep
> command that comes with Windows, but you can do this via a VB Script or
> you could download a sleep command. There was one that came with the
> Windows 2000 resource kit I think.

0
ZEDA
4/9/2010 8:56:13 AM
"DR" <softwareengineer98037@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> How can I disable connectivity to a windows server for 60 seconds?
>
> In linux this is done with: ifconfig eth0 down ; sleep 60 ; ifconfig eth0
> up

Walk around behind the machine.
Unplug the network cable
60 seconds later plug it back in

--
Phillip Windell

Phillip

Can i use Windows Search to find a number within Excel?
If i use Widnows search of the CONTENTS of files (not file names), i find in Excel, that for cells that contain text, they can be found. But, it does not appear to me that numbers can be found. Of course the number as Excel stores it may differ from how it is displayed. But, does anybody know if this is possible? For instance, i have a cell with the number 3,709,227 in it, as it appears in Excel (as formatted). I tried typing the number both with and without the commas, into WIndows search, but Windows search still does not find the Excel file that contains that number. So, any kn...

Can I fix the exponent in scientific/engineering format?
This is sort of a continuation of my search to find a ppm number forma (http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?t=368806). Found someone who mentioned using engineering formats (kind of a extension of scientific format). After a little tinkering, here's wha I've found (using the values of 7E-3 and 7=-5 as examples): format 7e-3 displayed 7e-5 displayed .0E+0 .7E-2 .7E-4 0.0E+0 7.0E-3 7.0E-5 (REGULAR SCIENTIFIC NOTATION) #0.0E+0 70.0E-4 70.0E-6 (EXPONENTS ARE MULTIPLES OF 2) ##0.0E+0 7.0E-3 70.0E-6 (EXPONENTS ARE...

Exchange Server Removal
I have a Windows 2003 AD containing 3 domains. Each domain has an Exch Svr 2003 in it's own admin group, all in one Exchange Org. I want to remove 1 of the servers and it's admin group. Do I just uninstall the Exchange Svr software on the desired server and then remove that admin group from another Exchange Svr manager...? If so, and advice to make it go smooth...? Thanks, Tom... On Fri, 23 Apr 2010 15:10:51 -0400, "Tom Karpowski" <tkarpowski@bennettcompany.com> wrote: >I have a Windows 2003 AD containing 3 domains. Each domain has an Exch Svr ...

How can i asign MBF roles to user accounts?
Hello. I want to asign to user accounts the next roles: MBF roles: - Order Management Customer - Customer (Advanced role) I was wondering how can I make this Thanks for your help Jose Ponce Aguilar ...

Windows Firewall and Headquarters Manager
Does anyone know what exceptions I need to add to Windows Firewall to allow me to access Headquarters Manager with the firewall enabled? I am running Windows 2003 Server with SQL 2005 Standard. You must enable in fireware for inbound and outbound access port from 34000 - 35000 or whatever port you have defined in HQ Server > File > Configuration > HQ Server Port Section. Also need to check the Client Site: HQ Client > File > Configuration> HQ Client and allow this port as inbound: "Anthony Laidler" wrote: > Does anyone know what exceptions I need to ad...

Paying a lot of money for a formal dress that you will only wear once can be frustrating. Used clothing stores can offer an extensive selection of formal wear at affordable prices that you or your d
Paying a lot of money for a formal dress that you will only wear once can be frustrating. Used clothing stores can offer an extensive selection of formal wear at affordable prices that you or your daughter will love. http://www.shoesbootjeans.com http://www.shoesbootjeans.com/Replica_Mens%20Shoes_1.html http://www.shoesbootjeans.com/Replica_Womens%20Shoes_1.html http://www.shoesbootjeans.com/Replica_Boots_1.html http://www.shoesbootjeans.com/Replica_Boots_1.html http://www.shoesbootjeans.com/newarrivals.html http://www.shoesbootjeans.com/hotproducts.html Used clothing stores are full of ite...

Newbie q: Can't modify a database
Hi, I've been handed an access database in order to modify it (in the programming sense), but when i open it it opens as an application, without any apparent means of modifying the database structure. All it will let me do is add or edit data. Is there a secret trick to opening the database for modification, or do I have to go to the owners of the database and have them save it in a different way? Thanks, Jon Hi Jon If you hold down the shift key while the database is opening it should bypass any startup options code and take you straight to the database window. If this doesn'...

Can I have two Internet Mail Services in one Exchange 5.5 Organiza
Hello, My current environment consists of 6 mailbox servers and one server hosting the internet mail service (Exchange 5.5 on Windows 2000). I need to use one of the 6 mailbox servers for a product that will need to route outbound mail to another server for other secure outbound services while the other 5 servers route to the current internet mail service. Is this possible? Can I add a secondary internet mail service just for this one server? I am not able to find any knowledge base articles for assistance. Thanks in advance! On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 15:36:10 -0700, "exadm" &l...

Native Mode in Windows 2003
I am doing a test install of CRM 1.2 on a Windows 2003 environment. During the install it tells me that I must be in Native Mode. When in Administration Tools -> Active Directory Domains and Trusts and I right mouse clice and select Raise Domain Functional Level I am shown as being in Windows 2000 mixed. My choices are Windows 2000 native or Windows 2003. Which should I select? I am not an AD or Windows 2003 guru. Alan Hi Alan, This should work with both options, it all depends on your domain architecture. Do you have any other NT4 DC ? if not you can move easily to Windows 2000...

Working offline, but no exchange server to go online with.
Hi, I use: Win XP SP2, Office 2003, SP 2. I started to create an Exchange Server account but shortly after, deleted it. Since then, I get an "Offline" icon in the right lower corner of the Also, when I try to use Rules and Alerts, I get the message: "You are currently working offline. To use this command, you must go online and connect to the Exchange Server." I do not have Exchange Server. There is no choice to go online in File Menu either. Any help would be appreciated. Create a new mail profile in Control Panel->Mail Icon->Profiles. = Configure it with...

Outlook.exe has caused errors and windows is closing it
It also says it is creating an error log. We have basically put a user profile and reimaged the computer and still have this error that shuts down Outlook. 1. It appears that there must be something in the data of outlook since that is all that remains from the previous installation. We have removed all calendar items and still have problems. All that remains are email items. Virus signatures are current (today). Any ideas? 2. Where is this error log. What is it called. We have searched for it on the local hard disk and don't see anything that we can access. Has anyone had ...

excel 97 filename truncation in Windows XP Pro
I have a legacy application that runs in Excel 97. I have Excel 97 and Excel XP loaded on a new machine that runs Windows XP Pro. The legacy application fails because the filename of a workbook is truncated during the saveas command. When I do a manual saveas in Excel 97, the filename truncates to the first letter. If I do the same thing in Excel XP, the saveas works normally. There have been a few posts describing the same problem. I searched google and found this: http://google.com/groups?threadm=020101c30916%2442320250%24a501280a%40phx.gbl The last post in the thread suggested an answe...

Windows 7 Mail problem 12-08-09
Using Windows 7 Professional with a Gmail account. I installed Windows Live Mail and it works - but. Whenever I Sync (F5) it takes a long time and sometimes indicates the server is not connected too. Do I want to wait and I answer yes - then it proceeds VERY SLOWLY? Is there a problem with Google Gmail and Syncing mail? Is there something I missed in the setup? thx You'll find support for Windows Live Mail (WLMail) in this public newsgroup: microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop Via the web-interface: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/...

How to activate free trial software on second PC?
The computer on which I installed and activated POS 2.0 trial version last week is not working properly. So I decided to use another computer and installed software on it again but could not activate. Why not? I'm close to testing CC payment processing module. Please help??? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsread...

how can i graph with log-log scales? #2
I wish to graph pricing curves using a logarithmic x-axis. Is this possible with Excel? If so, how do I do it? AirdromeTom - > I wish to graph pricing curves using a logarithmic x-axis. Is this > possible with Excel? If so, how do I do it? < Use an XY (Scatter) chart type. - Mike www.mikemiddleton.com ...

How can i get more 3D shapes for Auto shapes in excel?
Please suggest how i can get more shapes (simple as well as 3D ) in Auto Shapes of drawing toolbar in excel & word? ...

When using Terminal Server
When remote users open Outlook from a Terminal Server session, they only see a small portion of the messages in their inbox (and other folders) that are on the Exchange Server, yet when they log in at the main office, they see all messages. What controls the two different views and how is it changed. Thanks in advance for any help, Bob Showalter, Packer International ...

Printing problem on a terminal server
Hi, I created an application that does some printing with MFC (7.1). When I do a print preview or I print, every thing works fine. However, when I try to do a print preview or if I try to print from within terminal server, then all the fonts are very small (they look like 1pt high). What am I doing wrong (or what should I do)? This is a sample of my code LOGFONT font; ::ZeroMemory(&font, sizeof(font)); _tcscpy(font.lfFaceName, _T("Courier New")); font.lfHeight = -MulDiv(75, pDC->GetDeviceCaps(LOGPIXELSY), 2540); // 7.5 pts font.lfWidth = 0; font.lfEscapement = 0; font.lfOr...

Prevent odbc connection to the backend mdb
Re Access 2003 SP3 I have a typical front/backend setup with linked tables connecting to an mdb file on a file server. I have set up my own security within my Access app, but I also want to prevent any odbc connections to prevent users changing the backend data outside of my Access app. I this feasible - possibly using bespoke events to catch any such connections to the backend mdb?? Many Thanks. On Fri, 8 Jan 2010 04:49:01 -0800, Pete <Pete@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: No, unless you go to extremes. -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP >Re Access 2003 S...

Can we Take layaway payments from store #2
Hello, I have a customer that would like to make a payment on his layaway at out other location. Can this be done? and how? -- Reynold Cycle This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_04C2_01C70A46.94719A50 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Jose, Not without an add-on, which I've never seen to do this. --=20 Jeff=20 Check Point Software =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=...

Server Error in '/OMA' Application.
After installing Service Pack 1 and Un-installing and Re- installing Device Update 4 we are still unable to access the OMA or OWAAdmin application. The stack reference is Security.Exception on the mscorlib. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! ...

Editing Account Statements to fit double-window envelope
Does anyone know what XML statement(s) to put into the Account Statement template to move the customer address down about 1/2"? We are trying to make it show in the bottom window of a double-window security envelope. -- Steve ...

can't save files in subfolders using Word #2
I'm running Word on a Mac running OS X. When I go to save a file in Word, it only gives me the option to save in the root files like "Documents" or "Applications." How do I save the file into a subfolder? On a PC, I would double click to open the folders until I got to the folder I needed. That doesn't work here. Can someone help? I'm sure this is something obvious I'm missing. Thanks - Taylor In article <1163740041.258317.226140@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>, taylorgriffin@gmail.com wrote: > I'm sure this is something obvious I'...

How can I sort and maintain formatting?
I have a very large excel doc (well over 1,000 rows, by 30 somethin columns) that require formatting (resizing the row height) each row b hand. I have done all of that tideous work, but now I need to sort b multiple columns, and when I do that, the formatting of the cells i not maintained. (The size of the row stays, rather than moves with th data) Please tell me there is a remedy and I haven't just wasted m time formatting for nothing! Thanks for any and all advice -- littlelostgr ----------------------------------------------------------------------- littlelostgrl's Profile: http:/...

OWA running on 3 Exchange servers... not redirecting externally
Sorry for the vague subject. Here is what I have going on. I have three Exchange 2000/2003 servers, we'll see ServerA, ServerB, and ServerC. ServerA is located at the main branch and all incoming mail is received here. ServerB and ServerC are branch offices connected via a s2s vpn. My issue is when access OWA externally... I use our FQDN, http://mail.fqdn.com. Well, if the destination mailbox resides on ServerB or ServerC... ServerA attemps to redirect using internal DNS names (ie. http://serverb.domain.local). How can I configure OWA so that it will properly redirect externally? I ...