getting a list of permissions on a folder

Hi all,
using 2008r2 now.  I need to get a list of users permissions by folder and
subfolders.
We have a shared folder called Public and under that is subfolders with many
different folders and different permissions for each folder.
Does 2008R2 have an easy way to list the permissions for a folder?
I don't know how to use powershell so what else would be available to do this.
Thanks in advance for your help on this.
Sher

"Sher" <Sher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
> using 2008r2 now.  I need to get a list of users permissions by folder and
> subfolders.
> We have a shared folder called Public and under that is subfolders with
> many
> different folders and different permissions for each folder.
> Does 2008R2 have an easy way to list the permissions for a folder?
> I don't know how to use powershell so what else would be available to do
> this.
> Thanks in advance for your help on this.
> Sher

You could use the trusty old cacls.exe.

0
Pegasus
3/31/2010 4:13:17 PM
On Wed, 31 Mar 2010 18:13:17 +0200, "Pegasus [MVP]" <news@microsoft.com> wrote:

>"Sher" <Sher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Hi all,
>> using 2008r2 now.  I need to get a list of users permissions by folder and
>> subfolders.
>> We have a shared folder called Public and under that is subfolders with
>> many
>> different folders and different permissions for each folder.
>> Does 2008R2 have an easy way to list the permissions for a folder?
>> I don't know how to use powershell so what else would be available to do
>> this.
>> Thanks in advance for your help on this.
>> Sher
>
>You could use the trusty old cacls.exe.

iCacles.exe is on W2008R2 and much better than Cacls.exe
--
Dave Mills
There are 10 types of people, those that understand binary and those that don't.

How to get every conytols
Hi Guys, I'm working on Word 2007 and creating a form input user. I'm doing this for a user that have Office 2003, so I have a compatibility mode template document. It also include VBA code. What i need to do is to read every existing text control. Theses controls are ActiveX. I always have used: For Each xControl In Controls If TypeOf xControl Is TextBox Then xControl.value="" End If Next xControl But now in Word 2007 in compatibility mode I do not know how to do it, becuase there is not "Controls" in the ActiveDocument. ...

Want use results of Drop down list to look up a value
I am using Excel 2002 and I have a multisheet workbook and on the first sheet I have created a series of 6 drop down lists pulling from predefined named ranges. I also have limited subsequent choices based on what is selected in the other lists. The end result is the user will be selecting parameters that identify a product and now I am stuck with an easy way to look up the associated part number based on the parameters they selected. Essentially, once they have chosen the parameters in the list, I would like to create a macro that uses those values to locate the associated part...

Adding members to Marketing Lists whilst offline
Hi, When in Offline mode of CRM 3.0, the 'Manage Members' button in the Marketing List Members section of Marketing Lists screen is not available. Does anybody know if it is possible to change the configuration to display this button, and allow users to add members to marketing lists whilst working offline? Thanks Hi Steve, Sorry, but CRM 3.0 does not allow the managing of List members while in Offline mode. You must be online with your client or using the web client in order to manage the list members. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and...

How to get userform Cancel button to invoke Exit Sub in calling macro?
I have a userform that is called from inside a sub in a module of a workbook. In order to keep most of the code inside the module, the userform only sets variables in the sub. Here is the code in the sub: 'create and initialize variables Dim Bkp,XSub as Boolean Dim BkpSfx as String Bkp = True XSub = False 'call options box BackupOptionsBox.Show 'Set main subroutine variables Bkp = BackupOptionsBox.YesOption BkpSfx = "_" & BackupOptionsBox.SfxBox.Value ...

I cannot get "Send" to show up in Toolbar
I think I'm set up for Outlook use, but there is no "Send" button. ?? Iuse Outlook all the time at work--I'm just rying to set it up at home. vincem wrote: > I think I'm set up for Outlook use, but there is no "Send" button. ?? > Iuse Outlook all the time at work--I'm just rying to set it up at home. Have you set up an email account? -- Gordon Burgess-Parker Interim Systems and Management Accounting www.gbpcomputing.co.uk "Gordon" wrote: > vincem wrote: > > > I think I'm set up for Outlook use, but there is no &...

OE locks up when I select "sent items" folder
I get the permanent hourglass when i click on the "Sent Items" folder. I have tried various steps to resolve, including a SP repair. All updates are installed. Any suggestions. larry Goode wrote: > I get the permanent hourglass when i click on the "Sent Items" > folder. I have tried various steps to resolve, including a SP repair. > All updates are installed. Any suggestions. Hi - This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. Y...

dropdown list problem for newbie
i have a column(A) where each cell is a dropdownlist(same list). if person chooses an item from that list...can it return a correspondin value? example: my drop down list corresponding value animal 005 building 1174 vehicle 3345 so for a specific cell...lets say A1, i choose building from th dropdown. i want it to return a value of 1174 in cell A1. is this possible? if so please help? thx eri -- enag ----------------------------------------------------------------------- enags'...

Unable display folder
Hi, My system can not receive email. I upgrade it from Office 2000 to Office XP. Screen has message: Unable to display the folder. Microsoft outlook could not access the specified folder location. The .DLL file for the information service could not be found. MAPI was unable to load the information service PSTRX.DLL. Be sure the service is correcty installed and configured. I need help. Please email me cchen@glbtecx.com or call 949 450 8725. Thank you. .. ...

Permission for account change
Dear Friends I have my domain as abc.com I have another domain xyz.com for which i have created a separate account for the users so that they can send the email with both the domain by using from filed. i have one user user1 who is facing problem i have created userxyz for with the default email address of xyz.com domain but i am facing strange problem as the permission of sending email is reseting. Kindly suggest what can be the problem. best regards Niitmalad What version of Exchange and how/where exactly it is resetting? Niitmalad wrote: > Dear Friends > > I have...

Blocking forwarding in public folders
Exchange 5.5 I need to create a new public folder which my users and people outside of the company will be posting to. Unfortunately, the data being posted is proprietary and the originator would like us to block the ability of our users to forward the posts outside of the company (for this folder only). Can this be done, and if so, how would I go about doing it. Thank you. that would not be easy, if it's even possible...if people have the rights to view the folder contents, and they also have rights to send/receive Internet email, I don't see how you could stop them from forwarding...

How do i get into Publisher in Microsoft XP (new computer, sorry)
Just got a fancy new computer and am used to using Microsoft 2000. Often use Publisher but can't seem to find it on XP. Any answers please be gentle not great on computers Publisher doesn't come with the OS if that's what you mean by XP. If your new computer came with a Office 2003 you "may" have Publisher on the machine depending on which version of Office. "Rowan" <Rowan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7AD224EF-4D1C-491B-A563-150A475B52F0@microsoft.com... | Just got a fancy new computer and am used to using Microsoft 2000. Ofte...

Appending data in cells that utilize a Dropdown list.
Hello all, I would like to append entries in cells that utilize a dropdown list. Currently, when I select (in this case names) from my dropdown list I cannot append them if I want to add more than one to a cell. If I select another name from the dropdown, it erases the first entry. Is there some way to append entries within cells that use this form of validation so that I can enter more than one in a cell from the dd list? -- Thanks, Geek using Office XP Professional Hi Geek Debra Dalgleish has an example workbook showing how to do this http://www.contextures.com/excelfiles.html...

how do I get rid of the "AVG certification" attachment ?
this attachment is on every email I send out It says something a virus not being found. How do I get rid of it? Thanks Consult the AVG application's documentation.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx =20 "golfer" <golfer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:B2C544F1-8162-4F44-A7A5-73FE51429781@microsoft.com... &g...

getting max value
select TrainDetails.ch_TrainDetailsID_pk, TrainDetails.ch_TrainDetailsID_fk, TrainDetails.ch_CurrentYrNo, TrainDetails.ch_CurrentWkNo, TrainDetails.ch_PlanYr, TrainDetails.ch_WON_WkNo, TrainDetails.ch_PPSwrksiteTSR_ref, TrainDetails.ch_NROL_PTO_ref, TrainDetails.ch_VehicleType, TrainDetails.ch_TrainID, TrainDetails.ch_RunDate from traindetails GROUP BY TrainDetails.ch_TrainDetailsID_pk having ch_currentWkNo > max(ch_currentWkNo) - 3; Hi all I'm trying to output data out by comparing the current week no (which is an integer type not a date type) with the maximum week n...

Exchange 2003 All Address Lists
In Exchange 2003, under System Manager | Recipients | All Address Lists, I do not want users in Outlook to able to see the default address lists: All Contacts, All Groups, All Users, Public Folders. I would rather create my own Address Lists which contain specific grouping of users. What is the best way to go about this? For example, should I delete the default address lists, and create my own? Yes you can do that. When you say "Groups", let's clarify something. You cannot filter them based on AD domain group membership. You must use an LDAP filter to identify groups...

Help, my views got messed up and "folder options" is now restricted
I have no idea what has happened here, I think vista somehow messed something up when I connected to a file share, but even that seems odd since I've been doing this for 6 months. I'm using Windows 98SE and have files shares on a LAN to a Vista 64 Home Premium machine. I can't choose "folder options" in the My Documents folder or any random subfolder. When I try to do so, I get a message "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator". I _AM_ the administrator, and there i...

dist list
I have a list of people distributed on week days, such as: Monday: alex, rose, lisa Tuesday: george, gary, mitch wed: ...... Th:..... Fr:.... I would like to create a dist group say named "meeting" and when i send email to "meeting" address on monday, alex, rose, lisa will receive the mail only and if i send on tuesday george, gary, mitch will receive the mail only..... Any suggestions are highly appreciated... Thanks... -- renomero "renomero" <renomero.59201dc@outlookbanter.com> wrote in message news:renomero.59201dc@outlookbanter.com... >...

Financial institution list incomplete
One of the institutions listed in Money 2004 financial institutions list is no longer being listed. The institution is listed as an institution that Money supports. I've tried updating the list using the "Get the latest Money updates" to no avail. Does anyone know how to force an update of the fipartnr.ini file or know where I can get an updated version? I've tried the suggestions in Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 247570 and they didn't work. In microsoft.public.money, Chris wrote: >One of the institutions listed in Money 2004 financial >institutions ...

DPM 2007 : Failed to update end-user recovery permissions
I have DPM 2007 installed on Windows 2008 SP2 backing up a file server also running Win2k8 SP2 (able to backup other systems without issue) Everytime it runs a sync job it produces a warning which is instantly resolved saying that ================================================ Status: Active Computer: BE-FS-01.ad.domain Description: Failed to update end-user recovery permissions. The operation failed because of a protection agent failure. For more information, open DPM Administrator Console and review the alert details in the Monitoring task area. ======================...

How do I print a font list using font name in the fonts?
I want to print a list of all of the fonts that I have using that particular font. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/FontSampleGenerator.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Rich641" <Rich641@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AB860C6E-32E3-4C5F-B695-0B479B9BE4CF@microsoft.com... >I want to print a list of all of the fonts that I have using that >particular > font. > ...

publishing lists in excel
I'm trying to publish a list from excel to sharepoint window services. I get an error: cannot connect to the server at this time. Your list cannot be published. I've checked off all the troubleshooting alerts except one (You cannot create a list in a shared workbook). Since I'm on sharepoint windows, I don't have the option of sharing or not sharing my workbook (its greyed out) and I CAN create a list in Excel. I just can't published it to my sharepoint site. I want to set-up a synchronized list with my excel worksheet and sharepoint site. The TEST data is only 1 l...

How to populate a value list
I have a field that is a valuelist. I select the value from a list that I typed in. That is fine. But I need to have those value in the order of selection. Ex : I have in the list the value from a to z. I select f, m, a. I want them to show up in that oder. At best I would like to use the same thing as Access when we define a combobox, we have 2 lists : the available field and the selected fields with 4 buttons in the middle. Can that be done ? Thank you -- eric On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 10:10:01 -0800, ericb <eric@b.com> wrote: >I have a field that is a ...

NumberFormat not getting changing onFly changing the regional sett
Hi Excel experts , Sorry for posting a new question over here. I am having a hard time with one of a Excel related issue. Requirement: 1) User pulls some data ( includes numeric,Date fields ) to excel when he/she is with German OS settings. Date show in following format: dd.mm.yyyy ( eg: 23.09.2010) 2) Now on the fly he/she changes the OS regional settings to En-US 3) Here our code again reformats those columns with current regional settings and polish the data according to its regional settings. 4) In our case all numeric values are getiing changed correctly to the ...

is it possible list box to a chart in excel 2003 as was in 2000?
In excel 2000 it was possible to add a combo/list drop down box onto a chart so that you could select which data you wanted to appear on a chart without creating multiple charts. I cannot seem to get this to work in 2003? Has the ability been removed? Hi, No you can still add controls from the Forms toolbar to chart sheets. Perhaps you are using controls from the Control toolbar. Cheers Andy Stuck with Excel wrote: > In excel 2000 it was possible to add a combo/list drop down box onto a chart > so that you could select which data you wanted to appear on a chart without > c...

How Can A User Get NDR from PostMaster With Our Setup?
Exc 2003 as smtp only - we are using a spam filtering company and have firewall set to only accept emails from them - they are our mx. This company also filters viruses, attachments, etc. A user is getting an NDR that appears to be from Postmaster@ourdomain. It's being returned because of an attachment violation (it's a PIF file). The email address is not her normal one, but one of a group (jobp). This email address is being spoofed but how can she get emails from our Postmaster? I don't understand that. Her system has not been breached, she has AV on her desktop (it's ...