failed to restore full backup using ntbackup - 145022

hi everybody
I  tryed on my lab inviroment backup my xp (C:) partitian using
ntbackup, then I changed ntldr file, the restore didn't work here is the
report
restore Status
Operation: Restore

Backup of "C:", Restored to"C: "
Backup set #1 on media #1
Backup description: "Set created 12/7/2009 at 1:13 PM"

Restore started on 12/7/2009 at 1:34 PM.
Warning: File AUTOEXEC.BAT was skipped
Warning: File boot.ini was skipped
Warning: File CONFIG.SYS was skipped
Warning: File IO.SYS was skipped
Warning: File MSDOS.SYS was skipped
Warning: File nagent_log.txt was skipped
Warning: File NTDETECT.COM was skipped
Warning: File NTUSER.DAT was skipped
Warning: File ntuser.dat.LOG was skipped

--
mcse_696
mcse_696's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/129476.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

0
mcse_696

Hello mcse_696,

This is a Windows server newsgroup, please post your question to XP related
ones:
microsoft.public.windowsxp.general

or web based:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windowsxp.general

In the left pane with webbased access you also see some more NG's. Thank
you for understanding.

Best regards

Meinolf Weber
no rights.

> hi everybody
> I  tryed on my lab inviroment backup my xp (C:) partitian using
> ntbackup, then I changed ntldr file, the restore didn't work here is
> the
> report
> restore Status
> Operation: Restore
> Backup of "C:", Restored to"C: "
> Backup set #1 on media #1
> Backup description: "Set created 12/7/2009 at 1:13 PM"
> Restore started on 12/7/2009 at 1:34 PM.
> Warning: File AUTOEXEC.BAT was skipped
> Warning: File boot.ini was skipped
> Warning: File CONFIG.SYS was skipped
> Warning: File IO.SYS was skipped
> Warning: File MSDOS.SYS was skipped
> Warning: File nagent_log.txt was skipped
> Warning: File NTDETECT.COM was skipped
> Warning: File NTUSER.DAT was skipped
> Warning: File ntuser.dat.LOG was skipped
> http://forums.techarena.in

0
Meinolf

Transform using DoCmd.RunSQL fails
Hi, my transform is failing with ERROR 2342 , How can I redo this... basically I want my "detect" to be the column headers and "values" as rows.. This run fine in query window but I am trying to automate the transform process DoCmd.RunSQL "TRANSFORM First(test.value) AS FirstOfct_num SELECT test.Sample, test.user FROM test GROUP BY test.Sample, test.user PIVOT test.detect;" data below.. Sample User Detect Value 5442 img Test 1 Undetermined 5442 img Test 2 27.7402 5442 img Test 3 33.0166 Thank you -- Message posted via AccessMonster....

Need help with using command button
I am needing some help with getting a command button to run a query through msquery onto a worksheet. i have a work book with 33 worksheets. the first 31 worksheets are setup to be 1 sheet for 1 day's data, worksheets are labeled as 1,2,3,...30,31. the last two of the 33 sheets are just for summary graphs. each sheet has the date split up into three cells, such as April 15 2005. i have 3 workbooks setup this way, 1 for each of three shifts. on each sheet in each workbook, i also have a cell listing what shift that worksheet is for, as well as a cell that lists what plant it is...

Problem with Executable File generated using Debug Build
Hi All, I am facing a really wierd problem. I am working on a project in which I have implemeted a GUI for controlling laser microscopes. Everything was going fine till I added support for Filter Wheels. The program compiles perfectly fine. Runs perfectly fine if I run it using Microsoft Visual Studios. But When I try to run the program by double clicking on its icon in the debug folder, the program shows that main frame and then hangs. The problem was not there before I added the code for filter wheels. I am placed all the DLL files in the debug folder. Could any body help me out. Regard...

Outlook backup application suggestions
I'm looking for an application to backup my Outlook 2000 data. I want EVERYTHING backed up - messages, calendar items, contact lists, message rules, accounts, settings, etc. I'm sure there are many programs to do this. Two that have caught my eye are Outlook Express Backup Genie (works with Outlook) and Email Saver XE. They seem very similar to one another. Does anyone have experience with one or the other (or BOTH)? Are there any other applications that I should consider? It is key that the backup application I use maintains message and contact heirarchy (embeded folder structure). ...

restoring .pst file
I have looked at all of the information about this topic, but it isn't working. My calendar on Outlook has lost all of its old entries. I cannot find the scanpst.exe file on this computer, although I have checked "show hidden files." I tried to download the file, but it says it can't run it because it is missing another file. I run Vista on this computer. Any help wil be appreciated. "dhodges103" <dhodges103@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:35EACC6F-B4E8-4469-B153-C4F1AE61DA80@microsoft.com... >I have looked at all of ...

Can't Use an IF statement, so now what??
In columns C2:M1978 (sometimes even more columns) is the data I need to put together; in each row of each column is either a 1 or is blank. In column B2:B1978 I want to do the following: In cell B2 =if(C2="","",C1)&"; "&if(D2="","",D1)&....so on and so on. Limited to 7 embedded if statements is my issue as the columns can sometimes exceed 20+ Any ideas? I know I have done this in the past but been away from excel for so long I cannot remember....A duuuh moment Thanks Hans The limit applies to nested functions in earlier versions of...

office 2004 update 11.5.1 Macintosh fails to find correct version
I'm running MacOS X 10.5.5 and have not previously had MS update problems. I am running a full legal copy of 2004 version 11.5.0 . When I tell one of the apps to check for updates it finds 11.5.1, and that downloads fine. But when it attempts to install it searches for some time and then says it can not find the correct version of Office to update. I've tried downloading it manually and running the updater by hand but that fails in exactly the same way. Manually running updaters for 11.5.0 or 11.5.2 result in exactly the same error, but 11.5.1 should work (since I'm o...

Exchange + ntbackup information about
I have a small reality with a SBS2003 server. This is my question: Ntbackup let me backup C: (drive where i have all... exchange included) but... if i make a backup of c: without stop exchange services can i damage databases (public and private)? I know I can use backup "store information etc etc..." but, if possible, i would can extract single exchange databases... Thanks in advance for answers... massimo On 13 Apr 2007 04:10:01 -0700, "massimo" <massimo.carradori@gmail.com> wrote: >I have a small reality with a SBS2003 server. > >This is my question...

Can I use gdi+ in vs 6?
in "stdafx" I add #if defined(_WIN64) typedef unsigned __int64 ULONG_PTR; #else typedef unsigned long ULONG_PTR; #endif #include "gdiplus.h" #pragma comment( lib, "gdiplus.lib" ) and CWinApp::InitInstance(); ��Gdiplus::GdiplusStartupInput gdiplusStartupInput; ��Gdiplus::GdiplusStartup(&m_gdiplusToken, &gdiplusStartupInput, NULL); Gdiplus::GdiplusShutdown(m_gdiplusToken); ��return CWinApp::ExitInstance(); It compiles OK. But when I add Graphics graphics( pDC->m_hDC ); it tell me error C2065: 'Graphics' : undeclared identifier why ??ho...

Send E-Mail using plain text only
I can find this OE feature anymore under WLM. Is it gone ? (Under Contacts) Thanks Stephan Tools/Options/Send - Choose either HTML or plain text. If no menu bar either Alt "M" or click on icon to the left of blue ? mark and select show menu bar "Stephan Koenig" <S.Koenig@LaserPlus.de> wrote in message news:OgKol3$zKHA.2552@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > I can find this OE feature anymore under WLM. Is it gone ? > > (Under Contacts) > > Thanks > > Stephan "Stephan Koenig" <S.Koenig@LaserPlus.de> wrote in...

Exch 03 Backup Question
I have a question. I am going to be upgrading our backup software and I have seen peoples opinion on this and I am trying to figure out what is the best option. I am also VERY new to Exch03. Do I need to buy the exch agent or could I just use ntbackup to backup everything I need? If you just want to backup the files on the server you can use the regular BackupExec agent. If you want to backup the mailboxes and their individial contents then you'll need the BackupExec Exchange agent. On 6 Mar, 16:45, Jeff <J...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a question. I am going...

problem with fonts using Word as editor #3
All new messages come up with a superscript font. I remove the check mark and go into default, but new msgs keep coming up in superscrip.What is one to do? Leo Leo Kerner <l.kerner@sympatico.ca> wrote ... > All new messages come up with a superscript font. I remove the check > mark and go into default, but new msgs keep coming up in superscrip.What > is one to do? Since you keep asking, I'll reply with my first reaction to all word-as-email-editor problems: don't use Word as your email editor. It's a simple and 100% effective solution to this and a whole host of ot...

Deleting pictures in Excel using visual basic
I have written a visual basic module to insert pictures from a list contained in a worksheet. I have figured out how to delete the picture when I load the next picture. For this I need to know the picture number. My problem is the indexing or the picture number. The number of shapes ActiveSheet.Shapes.Count doesn't change But the picture number does increment. I am using workaround by updating the picture number in a cell on the active sheet BUT this is a kluge! More importantly, I will be using this to display a large number of images [1000s 100000s]. I don't know wheter there is an ...

Change a cell's value using a button
Hi - I know its possible but have no idea how to do it - How do I set up a cell with two buttons attached to it that increase and decrease the value in the cell? I.e. if I have a cell with 10% in it and hit the "up" button, the number goes up by 0.5% and down by the same amount if I hit the "down" button? I am pretty good in Excel but dont know anything about macros - but Im really not sure where you find this function. Thanks for your help in advance anyone! -- Ashley No macros required. Use a spin button control rather than 2 buttons. Follow these steps: 1. Go to...

SQL Maintenance and Backup plans
I have downloaded the SQL Server 2008 developer and workgroup editions. I have installed them my computer and I am trying to develop maintenance and backup plans. However, either edition developer or workgroup have this functionality provided by the installation. Can you please explain why this is the case? I have downloaded them from our MSDN subscription. On Thu, 3 Jun 2010 12:23:02 -0700, Thomas <Thomas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have downloaded the SQL Server 2008 developer and workgroup editions. I >have installed them my computer and I am trying...

Trouble with contacts backup using Windows Mobile Device Center.
(Also posted in old thread relating to the subject) Hi, I joined the forum specifically for this problem and this is my first post. I'm just going to spare you all the introductory bs and get down to my concerns. And I didn't bother reading past the first page of this thread even though it is apparently like four years old and a solution has probably already been found. Forgive me, but I'm really frustrated because I'm pretty good with computers and I've been at a standstill trying to fix this for about 5 hours now. I'm running Windows Vista Home Editi...

SQL server full text indexing, ranking and joining to other tables
i searched the net about sql server full text indexing and ranking and got this sample sql statement and it works using 1 table only: SELECT myTable1.id, myTable1.Title, fulltextSearch.Rank FROM myTable1 JOIN FreeTextTable(myTable1, [myField1], 'awesome ranking') fulltextSearch ON myTable1.id = fulltextSearch.[KEY] ORDER BY Rank DESC what i do not know is how to make it to work when it is joined to another table. how do i do that if i have these sample tables? myTable1 ---------- id myField1 1 rrrrrrr 2 qqqqqqq 3 kkkkkkk I don't see sample tables, merely one...

Could Excel be used as accounting software?
If so, any tutorials. (I don't want to learn or bky quick books) I jus want to keep tabs on business expenses and I would rather not do it o paper -- Freddy_Kruge ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Freddy_Kruger's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2962 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=52382 Theoretically yes but practically no. There a lot of other softwares particularly databases that could do a lot than Excel. These include SAP,Oracle etc., Are you saying that excel wou...

eConnect is it in use?
I have come across an orphaned GP 9 client that has eConnect installed. No one there knows why eConnect is installed and I cannot find any applications that may be using it. Is there anyway to determine if it is actually in use currently doing something? Rich, A couple of things: 1) check for any econnect windows services running using the Services admin tool 2) in SQL, check the table called econnect_out table in the GP database. If it is not running, there should not be any data in there. You may want to monitor it for a few hours to see if anything pops into there and is cleared...

Use CPalette in CtlColor #3
hi, I want to change the Backgroundcolor in a ComboBox like HBRUSH CNxDbComboBox::CtlColor(CDC* pDC, UINT nCtlColor) { pDC->SetBkColor(RGB(255,174,94)); return blablabla... } ok, so far so good. But on Terminal-Server it won't show me the Color because of limited Colors in the Palette. So how can I use CPalette to solve this. I created a Palette and called pDC->RealizePalette(), but it didn't work out. A problem seems to me, that I need a CPaintDC, but I have a CDC!? Someone has a Idea? Thanks in advance Daniel ...

list box using defined name
I went through the directions for creating a "named" list (went to insert->name->define->added cells->clicked add->clicked close) I named my list "testname" I go to the cell I want to be a list box, then do the following ->data->validation->allow list->type "=testname" -> click ok I get an error message, is there something I'm doing wrong? Hi the way i do it in data validation is data / validation / allow = list, click in the source line and press F3, this displays the list of names, i then choose the one i want and excel ...

Problem using AcitveSync WM5
Hi, everyone I have WM5 device and th company have bought SSL certificate from third party. OWA works fine and recognizes certificate. I have installed certificate on the WM5 ipaq. But when I am trying to sync I am getting error 0x80072f0d The security certificate on the server is invalid. Contact your Exchange Server administrator or ISP to install a valid certificate on the server. Can anyone point what is wrong ? Thank you On Fri, 7 Jul 2006 16:37:19 +0100, "Nos" <nera@nera.com> wrote: >Hi, >everyone I have WM5 device and th company have bought SSL certifica...

Filtered Rows using Mode Function?
Hi Excel Forum, I am using numeric "filtered" data and I need to find the most frequen / re-occurring values (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th etc.) from the visibl filtered rows. The Mode function seemed likely, but I cannot get it t work with filtered rows. Can you assist with working examples, please: Formula based input direct on worksheet. VBA Macro using Formula. VBA UserDefined Function. Thank you QT -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I would use one of 2 methods :- 1. Formula in another column and sort descending :- =COUNTIF($A$1:$A$20,A16) Need to sort out dupl...

subquery without using EXISTS word (?)
I am trying to open a report with the following code: strSQL = SELECT SheetsToPrint.* FROM SheetsToPrint WHERE SheetsToPrint.Type IN('TA', 'TAA', 'TD'); 'strSQL is built with code not shown here DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acPreview, , strSQL the report itself has a query as its recordsource which reads (lengthy, I know, but that's what I inherited...): (the recordsource by itself does work) SELECT IIf(InStr([Type],"-")=0,Len(AllPagesToPrint!type),InStr([Type],"-")-1) AS order1, IIf(InStr([Type],"...

CRM 3.0: Email to internal users fails; external addresses work fi
I've created a workflow rule that when run will send an email to an internal address (local to the exchange server where the router is installed) and cc and external address (@hotmail.com). No matter how this rule is configured, only the external party will ever receive the email. I'm attempting to use this for internal escalation notification, but can't seem to get any CRM users to receive the email. Any thoughts? If you go to settings - organization settings - system systems then click on the email tracking tab there is an entry called Set whether to exclude e-mails betw...