DR planning - offsite copies of software?

I=92m trying to figure out what we should do about creating an offsite
copy of the media which holds our company=92s software.  The cds for
application software.

Is it legal to make iso's and backup to tape?  What do other companies
do relating to this topic?
0
techstress

Hello techstress,

The licensing you use is important and not the media itself. So make sure
you have all needed licenses to be safe. From TechNet or MSDN you can download
only .iso files for burning them to disc and have to use the license key
acccording to the EULA/contract you have.

Best regards

Meinolf Weber
no rights.

> I'm trying to figure out what we should do about creating an offsite
> copy of the media which holds our company's software.  The cds for
> application software.
>
> Is it legal to make iso's and backup to tape?  What do other companies
> do relating to this topic?

0
Meinolf

Copied tasks show as collapsed
I have two projects, one of which i copied some tasks from and copied into the other. Once i save the project and reopen it the copied tasks don't display and the id number shows a gap (60, 61, 62, 70, 71, 71). I have to collapse the entire project and then expand it to see the tasks. Any idea what would cause this behavior? Thanks. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00D5_01CA79B8.6C708FE0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Jan, Welcome to this Microsoft Projec...

copying e-mail to PSTs
Dear all, I work for a legal company and facing a weird problem with Outlook 2003 SP3. The problem is: When I move/copy an e-mail from exchange inbox to a PST the timestamp of the e-mail changes to the date/time of the move/copy progress. It does not retain the timestamp when the e-mail was originally received. We have many Outlook client installed, but this seems to be a problem with one client. I think it must be a setting in Outlook to change. Any help is appreciated. Thank you Edy -- Edy Werder Edy Werder wrote: > Dear all, > > I work for a l...

Copy Protection Device
Hello No matter what computer I connected, the RMS always pops-up a window with the following message whenever I try to open the Store Operations Manager from a different station: Warning 941: The copy protection device that used to be on this register was not found. Do you wish to continue? We have a server, 3 pc connected to it, one is used for the Store Operations POS (I have the parallel dongle on this one), the other 2 are connected for the Store Operations Manager. The system is not in evaluation mode anymore, but it is a little bit annoying. any suggestion? You need to create a...

After I install a software in windows xp , how many changes have h
After I install a software in windows xp , how many changes have happen in registry? Because I need to read the value of registry ,please tell me all the changes in registry. I appreciate your help. -- jake After you install "a piece of software" in Windows, some number of registry keys, dependent entirely on whatever the person writing the installation decided should be modified, have been modified. In addition, once you run it, some other keys, defined by the person who coded it, and based on whatever actions the user has taken, will be changed. Each piece of software is ...

printing a 50:1 scale plan
I'm trying to print a 50:1 scale plan of a large room on a sheet of A3 paper. If A3 is too small I can move up to a plotter if required. What I need to end up with is a physical printout that measures 2cm for every metre. I'm finding the number of different settings confusing - please could someone suggest the correct settings to me? ...

Copying fields from combo box to a table
Hi, I am creating a database for our Machine Maintence Report (access 2003). I created a combo box from table1 and I want to have the selected fields (i.e. Machine, Technician, Engineer etc...) in table1 to be copied in table2. This table2 has the same fields Machine, Technician, Engineer plus the other field that will be updated when the maintenance is done such as remarks, issue and data readings. Looking forward for your help. If you really have a need to store this information in multiple tables, you can use code in the After Update event of the combo box to push the valu...

Copy??
Hi, I want to copy a range, named "OrigRng" in a spread sheet in another workbook to the currect worksheet in VBA or Macro. How can I do it? Thank you. GL Hi, Select the range to copy from the source workbook and click Copy Button. select the workbook target CELL (not range of cells) and the click paste. If you need a macro done, let me know. excelmarksway@yahoo.com.au i will need to know the source workbook name and the target workbook name. If I am feeling clever, I'd really only need to know the range name ...which is "OrigRng" as it will only exist in on...

Copying Specific Values From Sheet
Hi. Is there a way to copy specific rows from 1 sheet to another? For instance I have a workbook containing 4 tabs. These are labeled "raw data", "Sheet A"," Sheet B", and "Sheet C". On the "raw data" sheet there are 3 columns. One of the columns is titled "Project". In there the values are A, B, C or D (and maybe E someday). I would like to say "if the "Project" column contains and "A" copy everything on that row to "sheet A". Basically I want to take all t he information that has a proje...

Copying and Pasting Excel Tables into Word
We do our financials in Word, and copy and paste special as enhanced metafiles the tables that we do in Excel. This works perfectly in Word 2003. In 2007 however, when we past the table and print it, the table looks different (letter spacing funny, not smooth). I have tried printing to five different printers and it still happens. I'd suggest a slightly different approach. If you insist on using enhanced metafiles, try the following: 1. Select the range that you want to copy. 2. Instead of Copy, select the dropdown under Paste>As Picture>Copy as Picture. 3...

Visio software diagram?
Does someone have a good Visio template to document software architecture? I need a good intituitive drawing that will include both the tasks (proecesses and threads) and data structures. Any ideas or suggestions of other tools that can do this well? Thanks, Chirag On 12 Jan 2006 19:02:22 -0800, patelc75@hotmail.com wrote: >Does someone have a good Visio template to document software >architecture? I need a good intituitive drawing that will include both >the tasks (proecesses and threads) and data structures. Any ideas or >suggestions of other tools that can do this well? You...

Sheet you want to copy contains the name...
When I copy a worksheet I get the repeated message box that the destination workbook already contains the name "a", "aa", "prntoutline", "ssd", "q" and "zz". I have to select yes to each message box to allow the worksheet copy to complete itself. I do not have these names within the worksheet (chekced by Insert>Name>Define). How can I delete these nsmaes that do not seem to exist? Thanks. Names can be hidden, so Insert=>Name=>Define may not show them. In the troublesome workbook make a blank sheet active, then go...

Print bcc's on copy of sent message?
If *I* send a message and blind copy someone on it, is there any way to get Outlook to print the bcc recipients? Right now I'm having to handwrite the bcc's on my file copy. Would love it if Outlook would automatically print this. ...

POS 2.0
I am opening another store and want to copy the products etc. to the new store's POS system. What is the best way of doing it? 1. Backup the existing DB and then restore it on the new store, then clear the transactions 2. Export the inventory in the existing system and import it into the new one 3. ... Please advice, Thank you, -D hi Dursun, Yes you describe the correct way like backup the existing db of the store and restore it to new store and then on the new store delete all the transaction there is button in Store Administrator program. Now there is matter of quantity which ...

missing characters in printed copy
i created a mail merge document. just plain text with one single image(signature on letter). after completing/printing the job. we just realized that some characters are missing within the body of the letter. i cant figure out what seems to be or root of the problem. i tried to save the same exact document to previous version..(97-2003) and then tried to print a couple of sheets....it looks perfect. can somebody gave me info what may have caused that problem? here's some additional info: o.s. xp word 2007 printer : canon ir110 using pcl driver note: used the same fl...

SPAM hardware/software?
Hi all, I am wondering if anyone has any recommendations on some type of SPAM filter. I am currently using Trend Micro's eManager in conjunction with ScanMail for exchange 2000. It seems to be doing an "okay" job, but they do not update the dat files if at all. I have had the same file since January. I am interested in a product that has better support (they update the dat file more often) or at the very least can deny based on a reverse lookup. Any suggestions or comments? Thanks! LT "Luniz" <luniz_c@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:2weic.227$mW.43@news...

copy exact formulas
Is there a way to copy formulas EXACTLY as they appear, without the cell references moving around? I mean, if I have the following formula in cell A1: =5+A5+A6 I want to copy it to the cell C1, but I want it to be the exact formula =5+A5+A6, not to change the reference to the C column I know a way to do it is to go in the cell, select the formulas "text" and then paste it, but that doesnt work in case of multiple cells.. guillermo "Guillermo" <gmozavala@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:eB5zIdsuEHA.1712@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to copy...

Here's Your Fre*e Gift of Fortune Creating Software...
RE: Cash Secrets Reports & Software Fre*e... Hi there, That's right, you rea*d correctly; I am giving you Several fre*e super-profit building reports and Software programs! Why am I doing that you are asking? The reason is Simple, because I want to Attract your attention to the kind of quality And service I'm willing to provide you with so You can truly profit in the lucrative business Of Internet marke*ting programs. When you click the link below, you will first be Sent to a signup page. You must provide at least Your first and last name, your email a*ddress And phone numbe...

hyperlink copy / paste
I need to copy the contents of one wrksht to another. The data contains numerous hyperlinks. How do I do this while maintaining these links. Thanks Select the range of cells or click on the whole sheet butto (intersection of column and row headings) copy and then paste into th blank worksheet. All of your hyperlinks should still work -- neopolita ----------------------------------------------------------------------- neopolitan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=61 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=48084 ...

copying non adjacent cells
I saw some of the threads on this subject through googles groups search. By repeated experiments I found 1) if the non adjacent cells are in the same row or column these can be selected and copied 2)But if the non adjacent cells are in more than one row or one column and if I try to select and copy, the error message comes up: "the command cannot be used in multiple selections" response from MVPs is appreciated.. If you want to copy multiple ranges, the selections must match in rows and columns In each column, the same rows must be selected, or nothing is selected In each row...

Copying cell data automatically?
If you want something from cell (A) to appear in cell (B) and be dependent on the first cell, i.e, when cell A text changes so does cell B, how do I do that? It depends You can use an IF statement =IF(A1=1,"Something","SomethingElse") Or if there are many different inputs you can create a table somewhere A One B Two C Three And use VLOOKUP HTH PC "Acurran" <Acurran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:50C72329-771C-45E4-8945-E5EB71C5BDCB@microsoft.com... > If you want something from cell (A) to appear in cell (B) and ...

How can I copy ONE contact folder to another PC?
I am using OL 2007 on both PC's. On my laptop I have a subfolder in my "Contacts" folder I would like to copy to my desktop PC. Is there an easy way to do this? Thanks Posted to Outlook groups daily: http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm=20 --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After furious head scratching, <----- Mardman -----> asked: | I am using OL 2007 on both PC's. On my laptop I have a subfolder in | my "Contacts" folder I would like to copy to my desktop PC. I...

Planned vs Actual Percentage Completed
Is there a way where MS Project calaculates Planned or base percentage complete of work to be done, which can then be used to compare actuals percentages of work completed. To determine whether the actual percentage of works completed is progressing as scheduled?? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_009C_01CA939A.C454D120 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Jason, Welcome to this Microsoft Project newsgroup :) You could enter a custom column with a formula subtracting th...

Copying the Pixels of a CBitmap to memory?
Copying the Pixels of a CBitmap to memory? What is the minimal syntax for doing this? I have some code that uses GetDIBits(), but am unsure of exactly what is required, I want to get rid of everything that is not required. Why not show the code you have so we can see if there is any extra stuff there? joe On Sun, 29 Jul 2007 14:27:48 -0500, "Peter Olcott" <NoSpam@SeeScreen.com> wrote: >Copying the Pixels of a CBitmap to memory? >What is the minimal syntax for doing this? > >I have some code that uses GetDIBits(), but am unsure of >exactly what is r...

Virus Software Preference
Hi, I'm wondering if anyone has a preference for Virus Software for Exchange 2000 Server. We are currently using e-Trust Innoculate, but are thinking maybe there's something out there better for Exchange. I was wondering if anyone had any experiences, good or bad, with other software for Exchange. I'd appreciate any and all input! Thanks! Doreen Antigen from Sybari and Scanmail from Trend Micro seem to be the best. Personally I prefer Antigen and have used it for about 5 years now. Todd "Doreen" <doreo715@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23JL7cHTqDHA...

how do i sync multiple copies of the same excel file?
Looking for a way to sincronize multiple copies of the same Excel file automaticly. Each time one is changes, copy it over all the others. (use VBA code). -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "graphicdoug" <graphicdoug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5D48C804-EC45-4F5E-BC77-DBBF295177A7@microsoft.com... > Looking for a way to sincronize multiple copies of the same Excel file > automaticly. ...