default documents drive on c

Where can I change the settings if a user logs in to run a program and they
go to save something to their default documents directory.  I would like all
the document folders to default to the d drive rather than c.  How do you go
about changing the default area so that all document folders will be on a d
drive instead of the default c

0
mw

On 06/04/10 09:33, mw wrote:
> Where can I change the settings if a user logs in to run a program and
> they go to save something to their default documents directory.  I would
> like all the document folders to default to the d drive rather than c.
> How do you go about changing the default area so that all document
> folders will be on a d drive instead of the default c

There are usually settings in side of most programs to save somewhere
other than the default location "My Documents".

However, I think you will have better luck redirecting "My Documents" to
another location.

This way you only change one thing on the computer and all programs will
still save to the default folder, "My Documents".

Further, "My Documents" can be redirected a number of different ways,
all of which are well documented all over the net.

Grant. . . .
0
Grant
6/4/2010 3:52:22 PM
Okay but I'm not successful in finding what I need.  I would appreciate
someone providing a link or information so that every user that logs on to
the server will have their profile residing on the d and not c drive.

thanks

"Grant Taylor" <gtaylor@riverviewtech.net> wrote in message
> On 06/04/10 09:33, mw wrote:
>> Where can I change the settings if a user logs in to run a program and
>> they go to save something to their default documents directory.  I would
>> like all the document folders to default to the d drive rather than c.
>> How do you go about changing the default area so that all document
>> folders will be on a d drive instead of the default c
>
> There are usually settings in side of most programs to save somewhere
> other than the default location "My Documents".
>
> However, I think you will have better luck redirecting "My Documents" to
> another location.
>
> This way you only change one thing on the computer and all programs will
> still save to the default folder, "My Documents".
>
> Further, "My Documents" can be redirected a number of different ways, all
> of which are well documented all over the net.
>

> Grant. . . .

0
mw

Excel default
I would like to change the default settings on opening Excel in a similar way in which you can do with Word by changing normal.dot. However, I cannot find a comparable file. I would appreciate it if someone could point the way. Thanks. Bill Ridgeway Bill Excel does not have a Normal.dot as Word has. There are several ways to customize Excel workbooks and worksheets. Open a new workbook. Customize as you wish. File>Save As Type: scroll down to Excel Template(*.XLT) and select. Name your workbook "BOOK"(no quotes). Excel will add the .XLT to save as BOOK.XLT. Stor...

Is there a way to unload the loaded XLL file in Excel? Hi all, I am debugging XLL link library using Visual C++. Everytime I rebuild the XLL, I have to close the whole Excel program and relaunch t
Is there a way to unload the loaded XLL file in Excel? Hi all, I am debugging XLL link library using Visual C++. Everytime I rebuild the XLL, I have to close the whole Excel program and relaunch the Excel program again, and then load in the newly generated XLL library again... This is tedious... I am looking for a way to unload XLL (already loaded) from within EXCEL program... Any thoughts? (I find just close the currently active worksheet doesn't get the XLL unloaded...) ...

Calendar default date
Using excels calendar on a worksheet works great. However I would lik it to default to todays date. I would think this would be the defaul but I guess not. I have inserted an Calendar 8.0 object. I have inserted the following code in the worksheets code. Private Sub Calendar1_Click() 'ActiveCell.NumberFormat = "m/d/yyyy" ActiveCell = Calendar1.Value Calendar1.Visible = False Range("e27").Select End Sub Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Column = 2 And Target.Row = 27 Then Range("c27").activate ActiveCell.Font.Size = 12 ...

Use Plain Text as default format
I am using Outlook 2002 on Windows 2000. I cannot find a way to make a new mail message default to Plain Text format. Instead, a new message always starts out as Rich Text. And another issue, HTML format is not one of the options under the "Format" menu pull-down. Why? Can someone assist? Thanks. tools, options, mail format doesn't give plain text as an option? on the html one - are you in the message form's format menu or Outlook's tools options? The message form only shows plain text as an option - until you switch to plain text, then HTML is an option. -- ...

Cannot print to default printer when opened from email
We have an intermittant fault that seems to only affect some users/printers. When users open an email attachment without Excel open in the background, they are then unable to print to their default printer. They are then unable to print to this printer for any spreadsheet opened. You see a spooling message, but nothing comes out on the printer. It can be resolved by printing to a different printer, then choosing your default again. If you have Excel open when opening the attachment it doesn't seem to happen, everything works as expected. Has anyone seen anything like this, or hav...

attaching pdfs to document
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Can someone please educate me on how to attach a pdf into a document (report)? Thank you. Attachments are made to email messages, not to documents. If you provide a detailed description of what you want to do as well as the specific update level of your Office installation perhaps someone can suggest options. -- Regards |:>) Bob Jones Office:Mac MVP <gabweb@officeformac.com> wrote in message news:59b75751.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw... > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > > Can someone ...

Documentation for Security access
We are under a SOX audit and they want to see a list of what assess a person needs to do certain functions such as enter an invoice, print a check, etc. I printed off the User Security Report, but they want to know what each item on that list means. I asked Microsoft and they don't have anything like that. Any other public or private companies have any ideas? Kentucky Deanna Post your email address and I will send you some of the documents I have. "Kentucky Deanna" wrote: > We are under a SOX audit and they want to see a list of what assess a person > needs to do c...

Can we set a particular category as a "default" category for all messages (w/o using a template, etc.)?
Thanks. Not in versions prior to 2007. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM "StargateFanFromWork" <NoSpam@NoJunkMail.com> wrote in me...

Relative Hyperlinks to PDFs (or other documents)
I have a worksheet with 60 cells containing hyperlinks to 60 PDFs which reside in the same folder as the EXCEL file. I would like to be able to transfer this folder (with the PDFs and Excel file) among several computers. I quickly found out my problem. the links work PERFECT on my own PC, but once I transferred the folder and it's contents to another PC, they no longer functioned. Analyzing the hyperlink I found: file:///C:\Documents and Settings\MYUSER\desktop\New Folder\119762.PDF I realize that on the other computers where the USER name is different, and the ultimate name of the fo...

Cursor position jumping around during document composition
I recently purchased an ASUS laptop with Windows 7 pre-installed. I have been have major problems with cursor control when composing documents, even now as I type. If I don't continue typing at lightning speed, the cursor position changes in the document, sometimes wipes out text just typed or the computer jumps to another open Microsoft application. Any suggestions on the source of this problem and how to correct it? Best regards, EA ...

Downloading only a particular page/selective pages of a document from the internet or other file server
Hi, Many tools have the feature of printing a particular page or a continous range of selective pages. Similarly, Is there a free tool/protocol that will help in downloading a particular page of the document rather than the whole document(PDF or Word document or Linux based document files or PPT file or Excel file) ? It would be even more helpful if the tool has the feature of downloading multiple selective pages from the same document ! Similarly, is it possible to share only selective pages between two users rathre than sharing the complete document ? I think, s...

document modification and accessing earlier versions
I spent 3 hours working on a document. Saved it under one name. Then erased the information and began working on another assignment in the same document. Then instead of clicking "save as" I only clicked save and lost the entire previous document. Is there any way I can get to the version of the document before the modification? If you have the automatically create backups option set and you have only saved once, the backup will be the previously saved version, otherwise it is gone. This type of use frequently results in such data losses and should be avoided. In...

Can't see Hard Drive.
For some reason, I cannot see a 1TB hard disk in Vista Explorer. There are no relevant messages in the event logs etc. I can save data to it (via apps, word, excel, downloads etc). I just cannot see it in windows when I go to my computer. Also, can't seem to find anything pertinent on the web, lost about a vista drive not being seen by windows 7 (vice versa), but not what I am looking for. My concern is that if Windows won't display the drive, it may be going bad and it's only 6 months old. Any pointer(s) would be appreciated. Thanks. "Maria...

Password Prompt When I Close an Excel Document I Opened in a Web Browser
Hi, Each time I close an excel document it prompts me a username and a password. I found an article (Q324328) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=324328 in Microsoft support web site about the same issue with Word. I tried to apply the same solution but it didnt work. The document is on our Intranet. If i enter a userID who has permission to write to the folder where th doc is stored it works. Internet guest account has list content right. Any ideas? Thanks Lenny ...

Drive Space for Web Server and SQL Server
Hello, How much drive space is necessary for the CRM install on the web server and for a separate SQL server? I have read through the implementation guide and cannot find where it give disk space requirements. Thanks! JED JED, The web server install is fairly small (less than 200MB). The SQL footprint is completely dependant on the amount of data you choose to store. If you are going to be storing a lot of attachments, then you are going to need a lot more space. Matt "JED" <Jbyrd76@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23EQZwM4hDHA.1688@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... Hello, Ho...

Default Font for Register in Money Deluxe 2004
Using a Dell 19" monitor set to 1280 x 1024 resolution. The font that is used as default for the Check Register is so small that it is practically unreadable. Is there any way to change to a larger font? I realize that font size can be changed in Reports, but I have not found a way to change font in Check Register. I am a long time user of Quicken and this is not a problem in the old Windows 3.1 version. Any thoughts would be appreciated. In microsoft.public.money, Thomas Cox wrote: >Using a Dell 19" monitor set to 1280 x 1024 resolution. >The font that is used as ...

Electronic Doc Delivery not sending all documents
We are using BP 3 and Electronic Document Delivery. There are two customers that never receive invoices or returns from us. I look in the delivery log for EDD and it shows it was sent in a batch. I look at the SMTP logs on my mail server and it shows as being received from the EDD server and sent. In the setup of one of the customers, there are two e-mail addresses entered in the To line separated by semicolons; three e-mail addresses entered in the CC line separated by semicolons; and three e-mail addresses entered in the BCC line separated by semicolons. The allow document delivery chec...

Formatting default Entity and Value
In ORM Source documents is it possible to set the default background colour (Fill) of Entity and Value elements? To save me having to continually setting the values manually. Cheers, McGiv Hi McGiv, > In ORM Source documents is it possible to set the default background > colour (Fill) of Entity and Value elements? To save me having to > continually setting the values manually. Sorry, no. The ORM info is separate from the shape info and as such a new shape is created every time you drop a given ORM object on a page. If you want them all to be a given color (which I don't thi...

Problem Accessing Macro on Network Drive Using Shortcut
I have a small network with 12 PCs all running word 2003 and Windows XP. There is a word macro on a network drive. I have a link in the startup directory pointing to the macro. This seems to work on most PCs but there are a few that have problems. On the ones it does not work it looks like it ignores the link. I can double click the link and it starts word and the macro correctly. This means the network and link are ok. I can put the macro in the startup dir and it runs correctly. I have disabled/removed anti-virus/firewall programs. I am thinking some word security feature go...

What happened to my F drive
I had two drives an F and a C drive. Now when I check my computer I only have a C drive ,what happened to my F drive...... -- lennox lennox wrote: > I had two drives an F and a C drive. Now when I check my computer I > only have a C drive ,what happened to my F drive... What *was* your F drive? What changed between the time it was there and now? What is the manufacturer and model of your computer? -- Shenan Stanley MS-MVP -- How To Ask Questions The Smart Way http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html On 25 Feb 2010, lennox <lennox....

IIS log files filling up my drive
I have a severely under utilized SBS2008R2-sp2 server. It does not support any websites. The files in the web root are the default ones. We use Exchange and store files, and rarely log in remotely. We stopped receiving emails recently and I was asked to find out why. I found the c: drive at 99% full. Exchange is on d: drive. I found 13 gigs of IIS log files and moved them to another drive to fix the problem. But, why is IIS generating so much data? Where can I find information on all the different IIS log file categories? One folder W3SVC1372222313 was a real hog with single ...

Storing emails on Hard drive makes folder list VERY SLOW
Whe I save e.g. 50 emails in a folder opening that folder becomes very very slow Steven <dezinemail@pi.be> wrote: > Whe I save e.g. 50 emails in a folder opening that folder > becomes very very slow Why would you store individual messages in a Windows folder? -- Brian Tillman ...

excel wont open files from a WHS network drive, on my mac mini, but i will from my macbook?

tiger probelms saving word and xcell documents to a server
We are having trouble saving word and xcel documents to our sever from os X tiger. We can only save as an .rtf and .xml, but them we loose formating and things like charts in xcel! We can save directly to the individual computer, but not to our server. Any help out there? ...

blank document in Excel 2000
When clicking on a link from the Intranet to an excel document created in excel 97, on a pc that has excel 2000 the document comes up blank. If you click on the back button, and then reclick on the link, it opens up the document. When repeating this process, it appears that the document will open every other time, however, all the other times it will open as a black page. Has anyone expirienced this same issue? If so, is there a resolution? Hi not sure this will help but try the following: goto 'Tools-Options-General " and uncheck "Ignore other Applications" Exit Exc...