Carry on with Windows Server install

I am starting to like the 2008 server series.

Question about the REmote Desktop :

How does the licensing work?  We might need 2 additional clients.
--
Member - Liberal International	This is doctor@nl2k.ab.ca Ici doctor@nl2k.ab.ca
God, Queen and country! Never Satan President Republic! Beware AntiChrist rising!

Hello The,

There is no change as before, as far as i know, 2 administrative connections
and if you need more you have to buy TS CALs and install a TS licensing server.

Best regards

Meinolf Weber
no rights.

> I am starting to like the 2008 server series.
>
> Question about the REmote Desktop :
>
> How does the licensing work?  We might need 2 additional clients.

0
Meinolf

Problem Opening Notebooks on New Server
I have a small office and we all store and use notebooks on our server. We moved all of our data to a new server yesterday, and now when we try to open the notebooks we get a message that says: "OneNote needs a password to sync some of your notebooks", and we are unable to open the notebooks. Interestingly, if we open the notebook through a mapped drive to the location, we get the error. But, if we navigate directly to the notebook through the network, it will open with no error. We are having no other problems with this mapped drive. Thanks! ...

Using Outlook 2003 in Windows 7
I have a valid version of Outlook 2003 that I am using in Windows 7 that has been properly activated. However, every time I open it in Windows 7 I am asked to accept the Microsoft End User Agreement, which is annoying since I accept it every time (actually this happens every time I open an Office 2003 product). Is there someway to deactivate this request? Thx for the help. "Barry" <Barry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:11F6EC50-7351-4B84-A7BC-4322115C9B88@microsoft.com... > I have a valid version of Outlook 2003 that I am using in Win...

how to open up messages in seperate window?
Just switched over to outlook 2003 from outlook express. Everything is good, except how do I open up incoming messages in a seperate window? "cbeck715" <cbeck715@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29DA0005-E04E-44D5-9A36-592EE7DCAD30@microsoft.com... > Just switched over to outlook 2003 from outlook express. Everything is > good, > except how do I open up incoming messages in a seperate window? double-click on them.... ...

A transport-level error has occurred when sending the request to the server. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0
I have an application that will happily post 20TPS from 9 different processes running on three different computers. In the middle of all this happiness, I'll get about three seconds of: A transport-level error has occurred when sending the request to the server. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0 - An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.) and then posting returns to normal. Only one of the nine processes will be affected. None of the applications are connecting/reconnection. Each is using a dedicated SQLClient connection to a SQLServer ...

restrict amount received in Sales Trx Entry window
I would like to suggest for a way to restrict users from entering amount higher than the actual amount of invoice in the Sales Transaction Entry window. This will restrict the Amount Received field in the Sales Transaction Entry. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the m...

'Server XXXX Not Available.' When Trying To Add a Process Server in the DPS Server Setup Window
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0020_01C9BDE1.B1EBED50 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Issue 'Server XXXX not available' occurs when trying to add a process server = in the DPS Server Setup window.=20 Resolution If the Process Monitor is not running at the workstation you are trying = to add as a new process server, you will receive the message 'Server = XXXX not available'.=20 To start the Process Monitor, drag the Dynamics.set file on top of the = DPS.exe file in your...

Getting Windows Installer error message when starting Office appli
When I start an Office application I initially get a "Windows Installer" window to pop up stating "Preparing to install...". Approximately 30 seconds or so later a window pops up titled "Problem with Shortcut". The statement in this window is "This update package could not be opened. Verify that the update package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify this is a valid Windows Installer update package." I am running Vista and Office 2007. This has not been a problem in the past. It appears a recent...

POP3 Emails and Exchange Server
Hey all: I have a virtual POP3 Server running on my exchange server 2000. My company just purchased a bunch of Treo 600 and want to set them up to receive corporate emails. What I would like to do is use the POP3 Account instead of purchasing a package that would work directly with Exhange Server. My question is how do I find out what my pop3 account name is. I tried using pop3.mydomainname.com, and mail.mydomainname.com, but that didn;t work. Can anyone provide me with the steps to locate the name of my pop3 account. Thanks ...

ADC won't connect to Exchange server 5.5.
I am running Win2k SP4 with Exchange 5.5 SP4 running on it. I want to migrate Exchange 5.5 to a new Win2k3 R2 member server running Exchange server 2003 SP2. Since I need coexistence, it asks me to run Active Directory Connector. Once ADC installed, I entered the name of my server and the default 389 port. Then on step 2 of the ADC it says to click data collection, when I click run it says "Server migrate (server_name): 389 is not an Exchange 5.5 server or an SRS service." LDAP is enabled on Exchange 5.5. and I tested LDAP connectivity on port 389 on both ends and it wo...

Windows updates won't run
I just realized that updates has not run since February 12, 2009. I tried to tell it to run and it says it is searching for updates but never finishes. I did get an error message earlier but do not remember the error code number. Now, I ask it to search for updates and it goes out and searches but never finishes. The Task Manager shows that the job is running. any thoughts? Thank in Advance "bfjplt" <bfjplt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:491C6205-08C1-44A1-B3DD-98E4AAE66C26@microsoft.com... > I just realized that updates has not run since...

Can not see Public Folders in OWA after upgrading Front-End Server
We just performed an in-place upgrade of one of our Exchange front-end servers. Everything was upgraded successfully, but now our users are getting the following error when launching OWA and trying to access their folder list as Public Folders are not showing: Microsoft Internet Explorer / An internal server error occurred. If you click OK, it will let you continue working, but you can not access Public Folders. Has anyone seen this type of issue and if so, how can we correct it? THANKS! ...

Exchange Server 2003
Hello, I'm new to Exchange 2003, I'm running a linux box to do Spam flitering - How do I add the Linux box as a relay server in the Exchange System mangager ? The Linux box is relaying the mail . Thanks "Donta" wrote: > Hello, > > I'm new to Exchange 2003, I'm running a linux box to do Spam flitering - How > do I add the Linux box as a relay server in the Exchange System mangager ? > The Linux box is relaying the mail . > > > Thanks You need to add an SMTP connector then set the linux server as a Smart Host (I forget where...

Unable to open Window Firewall in Control Panel
Hi All, I have WinXP Pro SP3 and when I go to Control Panel and double click on the 'Windows Firewall' icon I get an error message. There is no error number, only the text, The service Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Service (ICS) is not started. Do your wish to start it? I then click on the 'Yes' button and after a second to two I get another error message. This message states that the service could not be started. The error text that I post here is not word for word but you should get the idea of my problem. I am unable to check the status or add exclu...

Office Install Fails
Given: Fresh install Windows XP Pro with SP3 Office 2007 Pro Symptom: Office 2007 Pro Install Error Message: "Setup cannot find Proofing.en-us\Proof.es\Proof.cab" When I go to the specific directory and click on it and retry I get the error message "Invalid location". If I retry from a parent directory (IE: \Proofing.en-us) I get the same "Invalid location" message. I can see the appropriate files on the CD. Trying something else I attempted to copy the parent directory (Proofing.en-us) and all contents to the C: drive. ...

Short-cut for Maximizing child-window in Excel
How can i maximize the workbook open in Excel...any shortcut? Like, we use to maximise Windows Application by pressing Alt-Space-'x' Murtaza, Try this : Ctrl + F10 to maximize and ; Ctrl + F9 to minimize a workbook in Excel. HTH, Anushi (Grapecity) "Murtaza" <NoEmail@Please.com> wrote in message news:%23n5UTG6nEHA.3968@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > How can i maximize the workbook open in Excel...any shortcut? > > Like, we use to maximise Windows Application by pressing Alt-Space-'x' > > Ctrl + F10 "Murtaza" <NoEmail@Please.co...

SMTP Server Failure / Not Logging
We are running the following: Windows Server 2003 SP2 (all latest hotfixes) Exchange 2003 SP2 routing our outbound messages through a smart host as we have for the past 2 years (including a server rebuild in the past year) in a single server environment for my organization. Recently our users started receiving notifications that their messages had been delayed. When viewing the queue it shows a massive amount of messages waiting in the queue to be delivered through the smart host. When looking at the SMTP logs - the last entry listed is 504+Need+to+Authenticate +First. I reviewed the setti...

Cannot send email between users within same server?
Hi, Running Exchange 2003 Enterprise with latest SP on Windows 2003 Enterprise with latest SP. We are getting intermittent error message with users on the same Exchange server and OU. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks! Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Sent: 4/20/2010 11:44 AM The following recipient(s) cannot be reached: John Doe on 4/20/2010 11:45 AM You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. MSEXCH:MSExchangeIS:/DC=...

Outlook 2003 EAS server-based Archive solution Questions
At work they installed EAS on selected PCs including, I believe, my PC. All of my older email messages in the Inbox have a symbol that looks likke an external drive, CD disk and an envelope. When I open these messages the original attachment isn't there just the attachment titles. What do I need to do to get to the attachments? On my PC I don't see the EAS Icon in the System Tray. Does EAS need to be loaded on my PC before I can open EAS archived attachments? Thanks, Tom What is EAS???? --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the di...

Exchange Server 2000 on Standalone PC
Hi, I want to do some R&D with SQLMail, which needs Exchange Server. Can I install Exchange Server 2000 on a Standalone PC. My Standalone PC don't have a Network card. Thanks in advance, kamlesh Exchange 2000 requires an Active Directory domain. -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. "Kamlesh" <kamlesh2000@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:2644c0f6.0311212156.abbc746@posting.google.com... > Hi, > > I want to do some R&D with SQLMail, which needs Exchange Server. Can > I install...

Accessing Analysis Server 2005 64bit
Are there any troubles to expect when using Excel 2007 32bit against Cubes that are built on Analysis Server 2005 64bit ? ...

Move Exchange5.5 server to a new domain (NT4 to W2K_AD)
Hi, I have to move an Exchange server 5.5 running on Windows 2000 server from an NT4 domain to a Windows 2000 AD Domain. I have only this server and about 100 client. The domain name will change, but the server's name and IP remain the same. I have created the same users accounts that I have on my NT4 PDC on my new win2K AD Domain Controller. Now I want to know if after adding my mail server in the new domain. I will just have to recreate the link between the mailboxes and the users accounts(General tab of a mailbox properties) on the DC in the new domain? Or if there is someth...

Error installing outlook sales
Hi i am trying to install sales for outlook and every machine i try it on gets the following message Setup was unable to find an instance of the Microsoft CRM Server Components. The web interface works fine is just the sales for outlook module we are having problems with. I have tried machines with and without xp sp2. We are running office 2003 professional. This is the second install i have done. The test one on our test network worked fine but this one just won't work. Please Help Hi Leon. This happens because the Microsoft CRM Sales for Outlook installation cannot see th...

Windows Mail Error 03-06-10
Randomly but alot lately, I keep getting this error message that the server has an error and it may be due to things like memory and other things. I have checked my memory and it is good. I really like windows mail but I always get random errors. I only use it for AOL mailboxes as that is all I have. Does anyone have any suggestions? Is there a comparable product out there? Next time you get an error message, right-click on your error message, copy, then paste it into a reply here. We can't do much troubleshooting without the complete error message.=20 --=20 Gary VanderMole...

Configure Server SSL for IMAP and POP??
How would I configure a Exchange2003 server to enable 128bit SSL IMAP and POP? I already have an SSL key I purchased and already using for OWA. Can I use the same key? Is easy to configure? Thanks. Ed ...

Setting the Server Status in OL2003
Hi everyone, to simplify future attempts (and searches for it) I just wanted to outline how the 'server status' flag of Eudora can be simulated using Outlook. Eudora can leave all mails on a POP3 server but delete a specific mail if the server status is set to 'delete next time a check for new messages is performed'. This comes in handy if you leave your mails on the POP3 by default (e.g. to acess them from somewhere else) but delete the really large ones although you want to keep even those on your local machine. By default a boolen User Property called server is added to e...