App only starts in CMD-Box, not in Explorer

Hello,

I have a problem on a Windows Server 2003 R2. If I want to start a program
in Windows Explorer by double-clicking, I get the error message:
"Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have
the appropriate permissions to access the item."
The message I get with a user which is member of the Domain Admins and
Administrators. The permissions are also OK, everything is set to Allow, I
have also checked with the effective permissions.
If I start the application from a CMD box, it works.

Has anyone an explanation for this strange behave?

Greeting

"Holger Simon" <HolgerSimon@discussions.microsoft.com> said this in news
item news:6E6B8897-1F3E-4F6E-800E-DB51C867274F@microsoft.com...

> Hello,
>
> I have a problem on a Windows Server 2003 R2. If I want to start a program
> in Windows Explorer by double-clicking, I get the error message:
> "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not
> have
> the appropriate permissions to access the item."
> The message I get with a user which is member of the Domain Admins and
> Administrators. The permissions are also OK, everything is set to Allow, I
> have also checked with the effective permissions.
> If I start the application from a CMD box, it works.
>
> Has anyone an explanation for this strange behave?
>
> Greeting

What is the exact name & location of the program, and how exactly do you
invoke it at the Command Prompt? E.g. what is your working directory when
you run the executable?

0
Pegasus
2/15/2010 10:49:23 PM
"Pegasus [MVP]" wrote:

> What is the exact name & location of the program, and how exactly do you
> invoke it at the Command Prompt? E.g. what is your working directory when
> you run the executable?

Hello,

the problem occurred with multiple applications, but I found the solution. I
had to uninstall the enhanced security for IE.

Kind regards

Holger Simon

emailing link from Explorer tool bar
Prior to the installation of xp ( i used to use millenium) when I "send a link" from IE 6.0 it opens Outlook Express as it should but adds the url as an attachment rather than in the body of the email which I prefer. I can't find any setting adjustments on OE 6 or IE 6. Anyone with any ideas? This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97-2003 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5...

Nice Place to start with COM?
Kindly suggest nice step-by-step tutorials to start off with COM. Most preferred would be web based tutorials and then of course Mankind's best friend, books! > Kindly suggest nice step-by-step tutorials to start off with COM. > Most preferred would be web based tutorials and then of course > Mankind's best friend, books! One of the better books for COM is by Andrew Troelsen. Its for ATL and COM but a good portion of it is why is it necessary etc. More of a COM from C++ perspective. You should go with ATL if you are going the COM way(instead of MFC). There are samples at co...

Combo box to find records
Hi, need help with what I am sure is a simple problem. I have a form and wish to find records using a combo box. Which I know how to do. The problem is it takes me to "one" record. I would like to select, for example, employee name: John Smith and it return all records for John Smith while filtering out all other records. I would be thankful for any help. Thanks, Michael On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 20:24:04 -0800, Michaelchessking <Michaelchessking@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, need help with what I am sure is a simple problem. > >I have a form and wis...

CScrollBar box flicker problem
I put CScrollBar in CDialog and thumb button flickering all the time. Somone can help me? Tnx ...

How do to enter data in a combo box on a worksheet?
Use the dropdown arrow? Shereen wrote: -- Dave Peterson ...

Disable 'Macro' dialog box...
Thanks Geoff, for the info on how to protect the VBA code. Have one further question; Now that the workbook and code is protected, I have sub routines that are run from command buttons. However, it is still possible to push ALT-F8 to list my routines, then click on a routine, then choose 'Run'... Is there a way to disable this option, so that users can not view or run the list of available routines (I need them to run the routines, only from the command buttons). Ruskin You can do what you want by making each macro a Private macro. This will preclude that macro from appearing...

Excel should allow auto shape boxes to be fixed to points on the g
I have constructed a graph that has data added to it daily. On the graph I have used several auto shape boxes to highlight key data milestones. Problem is every time I add new data the auto shape boxes move and have to be manually adjusted to repoint them to the relevant data point. Is there any way they can be fixed to the relevant data points on the graph so that they remain fixed to that point and therefore don't move/shift when new data is added? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for ...

Colors gone from my office apps
My hard drive crashed and I re-installed Office 2007 on a new install of XP Pro. All updates to XP and Office are installed. In Word, Excel and Outlook etc... the top of the pages have the traditional blue accross, but the rest of the screen is grey and white. Some colors on the ribbon, bit otherwise very strange looking. I've checked my graphics card and my monitor. All seems fine. My other programs work fine as does my browser. I went into settings and compared line for line with my laptop. Anyone have an idea how i can get this to look like it always has. For what it...

Combo Box Moves
I have 4 activeX control combo boxes on an Excel sheet (2 on the left and 2 in the middle) and if I print the sheet the 2 boxes thatbare in the middle move over to the left hand side. I have gone into the properties menu and they show as locked but it does not make any difference. Also when I print the sheet the 2 boxes on the left which were made the same size as the underlying cells print out smaller than the underlying cells. Can anyone help please? Hi John, See MSKB Article # 838910 (Controls move to the left of the worksheet in Microsoft Excel 2002) http://support.micr...

After Add Record, Put Cursor in specific Text Box
Hi, I had the wizard set up a button to add record (it puts in the code below in the On Click property of the button). I'd then like to have the focus go to text box [ProjectType]. I don't know how to do that. TIA :) Private Sub cmdAddRecord_Click() On Error GoTo Err_cmdAddRecord_Click DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec Exit_cmdAddRecord_Click: Exit Sub Err_cmdAddRecord_Click: MsgBox Err.Description Resume Exit_cmdAddRecord_Click End Sub Private Sub cmdAddRecord_Click() On Error GoTo Err_cmdAddRecord_Click If Me.Dirty Then Me.Dirty = False If ...

discrepancy in starting balance
How do I verify a starting balance from my 7/21/03 statement? Everything had balanced to that point and I need to go back to verify it before I can move on. Thanks! ...

Aspnet_wp.exe could not be started
I have a problem with the web client of CRM 1.2 The outlook clients are running so the database connection is oke but ther e is somthing wrong with the web clients. edit the web.config in the root of the CRM (add validateRequest="false" )website did not work. verify that the ASPNET account has the correct user rights as follows: as in KB 811320 did not work Somebody seen this problem before? Reply or mail me marcemarc65@hotmail.com thanks in advance Hi, Does the event log give you any additional information (start -> run -> eventvwr)? Rob Bakkers, Avanade Netherlan...

Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook.
sir, my computer os is window7 Ulimate. i have intalled window outlook7. it opened two times. now when ever tried to open i recieve following message. Cantnot start Microsoft Office Outlook, Cannot open the Outlookwindow. The set of folgers cannot opened. The file C:\Users\home\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook1.pst is not a personal folder file please help, any solution to this problem See if this helps: http://www.slipstick.com/problems/scanpst.htm -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/...

Public Function to display in text box
Have public function (loaded in the global module) that produces a variable as a double. That all works fine as evidenced by the debug.print method in the immediate window. I desire to have the current value of the variable displayed in a text box. I created a callback function (loaded in global module) that looks like: Public Function GetCurrentWork_GPCI() As Double Dim CurrentWork_GPCI As Double GetCurrentWork_GPCI = CurrentWork_GPCI End Function I can't figure out how to make it display; I've currently got the control source property ...

Check Box Sizing
Hi, When using check boxes, no matter how much I resize the area, the actual check box itself never gets larger (only the area for a description does). Is there any way to increase the size of the check box so that a larger check mark appears on the worksheet? Thanks, Brad. Brad, If you select "move and size with cell" (on the properties tab) then you can resize the checkbox by increasing the column width and/or row height. Give my regards to Boston. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "beantownbrad" <beantownbrad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C63B5725-...

CHKDSK scheduled scan on start-up -- how do I abort?
I mistakenly scheduled Chkdsk to run a scan when I restarted my primary laptop, and it is now running. It is running before Windows fully boots up, which means the computer is disabled. It appears likely to take hours to finish, and I desperately need the affected computer up and running immediately. How do I tell Chkdsk to abort, so I can continue starting up the computer? Pressing Esc does not work. Please, please help! This is a Dell Inspiron 600m laptop running Windows XP with all the latest updates. Thanks, C_Kilgore There is no way to abort a chkdsk in progres...

how to turn off preview in explorer
OS: vista 64 with latest patches GS, A simple google search with your subject yielded this address: http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/116098-preview-pane-vista-windows-explorer.html Hope it solves your question. Carlos "GS" wrote: > OS: vista 64 with latest patches > > > . > thx, the link could have been useful however I found the turn of preview pane icon in the tool bar. I don't want the classic view as a side note the folder option->view tab did not help me "Carlos" <Carlos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

Start all over but retain emails, folders, contacts, etc.
Hi- I recently transfered my pst file over to a new computer (both Outlook 2003) and now I believe I have some (major?) problems with the contacts folder and locations. Even though everything seems fine on the outside and I can still send emails fine, I get numerous errors telling me my address book cannot be located and I just recently discovered all my mailing lists fail to link the members to their contact files even though they are right there. I guess my main question is, can I somehow wipe outlook clean, and then just readd all the information (contacts, appointments, tasks, notes, ema...

Text Box Updating
I am having trouble getting a text box to auto fill from a choice made from a combo box. Combo Box Name is Address_21 Text Box Name is City_1 My code is as follows: 'Auto Fill CES Spec Written Office Private Sub Address_21_Change() Select Case Address_21 Case ""2306 Long Green Court" City_1 = "Valrico" Case ""3440 Oakcliff Road" City_1 = "Atlanta" Case "7015 East 14th Aveneue" City_1 = "Tampa" Case "1800 Taylor Drive" City_1...

Programatically creating text box
Hi all..I need help regarding creating the edit box programatically.. I have drawn a movable rectangle in a view.Now how i want to make that rectangle editable..can any body show me some pointer/sample code? I was cocoa programmer. i know how to do this in mac os..but i dont know how do i o it in MFC.. please help me I took the source code for drawing from following link : http://www.codeproject.com/miscctrl/diagrameditor.asp Thanks in advance CEdit editbox; when you need it editbox.Create(...parameters here...) and when you are done with it, editbox.DestroyWindow(); or if you want ...

Multiple selection list box...
I have a multiple selection listbox on a dialog box. When the user picks the listbox items and clicks "OK" my program draws to the main screen. If the user reopens the previous dialog box, I want the previously chosen listbox choices to be highlighted. How would I do this? Thanks, RABMissouri Store the selection in a common place like the Document or MainFrame or the App and do the selection in the OnInitDialog() member function of your dialog. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "RBert" <drbert@microcore.net> wrote in m...

folder dialog box
hi; i am learning mfc and i want to make gui application that user selects a directory and app writes all the file names in this directory to a file recursively. i am not sure where to start can anybody help me where should i start? thanks;) Have a look at BrowseForFolder()" API and 'CFileFind' class members. Have a look at http://www.codeproject.com/cpp/BrowseForFolder.asp for help with some sample code. -Seetharam Seetharam wrote: > Have a look at BrowseForFolder()" API and 'CFileFind' class members. That's SHBrowseForFolder(). -- David Wilkinson ...

Populating a field using a pull-down/combo box menu
Hello all, I'm working on MS Excel. I am trying to find the source code for something that will allow me to do the following novel procedure with a pull-down menu and a text box: There is a pull-down menu, and another text box right besides the pull-down menu. The pull-down menu has the names of all the states in the USA in it. When one state is selected, the text box is automatically populated with the capital of that state. In MS Excel, I've created a novel way to handle this issue using Boolean logic. Unfortunately, I can only have 7 states in my pull-down menu, and the sour...

How To Have A Form Start With A Blank?
Access 2007 I have created a form for input and the user wants it to start at a blank form. How can I accomplish that? Your help is greatly appreciated!!! (B^>)-]=[ Put the following code in the OnLoad Event of the form DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec This will open the form in a state that is ready to enter a new record, but also allow you to search existing records. On 2/22/10 9:26 AM, WSR wrote: > Access 2007 > > I have created a form for input and the user wants it to start at a blank > form. > > How can I accomplish that? > >...

Can I wipe my MDBDATA files and start over?
I am getting the following error and I've already tried to fix it but can't. Also, I don't have any versions that I can restore from backup. The OS is SBS2k3 Premium and the clients (only 3) are running in Cached mode. What I want to know is if I can just wipe the files and have Exchange recreate them? Event Type: Error Event Source: ESE Event Category: Database Page Cache Event ID: 474 Date: 2/19/2004 Time: 1:15:07 AM User: N/A Computer: VISION Description: Information Store (4080) First Storage Group: The database page read from the file "C:\Program Files\Exchsr...