Any security concern about Windows event 529?

We have been seeing large amount of windows event 529 on our domain
controller. Sometimes it has a valid user name. Sometimes, it sends the
computer name as the user name. We have the account locked out rule set
on DC, but no account locked for these 529 events. And what is the
potential cause for those w/o the actual user name?

Raw Event = Logon Failure:

	Reason:		Unknown user name or bad password

	User Name:	WORKSTATION01$

	Domain:		DMNET

	Logon Type:	3

	Logon Process:	NtLmSsp

	Authentication Package:	NTLM

	Workstation Name:	WORKSTATION01

	Caller User Name:	-

	Caller Domain:	-

	Caller Logon ID:	-

	Caller Process ID:	-

	Transited Services:	-

	Source Network Address:	-

	Source Port:	-

--
winsec
winsec's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/183367.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

0
winsec

Event id 9582 errors
Hi I have inheritted the admin of a SBS2000 server which has 3G of ram. The event log is spammed with event 9582 errors every hour or so and seems to be suffering from the problem described here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883527 Any suggestions on how to get the hotfix to stop these messages Thanks J. As the article says you need to contact Microsoft Support to get the fix. This is free of charge /Simon "jre" <jre@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:446349B3-3A3C-4DA8-90AE-E61646831E67@microsoft.com... > Hi I have inheritted the admin of a SBS2000...

CRM Account Security
I apologize if this has been asked, but I searched and could not find an answer. We want to have accounts where only certain roles have custom access (read only/not visible/etc). Does this require a separate business unit or can it be done with just a security role? TIA -Adam Hi Adam, You can do it by creating custom role and then assigning it to particular user. No need to create any special business unit. Thanks, Amol Gholap www.MicrosoftDynamicCRM.blogspot.com Amol: Thank you for the reply. After doing some testing, I may have worded my question incorrectly. By default, most o...

I want to set up quarterly windows based on a date
I have a date in column A. I want to set up quarterly windows using this date. What is the formula for adding 3 months to date? I can get the ending date by subtracting a day from the beginning of the next quarter date. (A1) + 3 month : =DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+3,DAY(A1)) HTH -- AP "emiller" <emiller@discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message de news: 7A938094-801F-42BA-9316-28D636C6FA8A@microsoft.com... >I have a date in column A. I want to set up quarterly windows using this > date. What is the formula for adding 3 months to date? I can get the >...

will outlook 2000 work with windows xp pro?
subject line says it all. On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 18:36:20 GMT, "jojo" <cgv_2000*yourhat*@yahoo.com> wrote: >subject line says it all. I'm going to guess and say "Yes", because I once installed Word and Excel 2000 on XP. -- Steve M - unspam@houston.rrwax.com (remove wax for reply) "Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear; not absence of fear." -- Mark Twain Yes indeed, it will - Note - best practices are to post a summary of your question in the subject line and details in the body of your message :-) jojo wrote: > su...

Automatic Windows Update Option Grayed Out
While Online at Microsoft Update I selected Custom Update. Since I don't use MS Office or other apps under "settings" I opted out of Microsoft Update and returned to using Windows Update. I have now decided that I want to turn on Automatic Windows Update. I find that in both security center and control panal that the option to turn on Automatic WU or Turn Off is grayed out and I can't turn it back on. What to do? Thanks "BrianK" wrote: > While Online at Microsoft Update I selected Custom Update. Since I don't use > MS Office or o...

I cannot open a .eml file in Windows Mail
How do I open this type file ? I can not save and reopen with another program. I have seen something at Microsoft about a fix for outlook express 5.5 2003 but it does match my vista . Thank you Karen "Chuck & Karen" <ckdeer@embarqmail.com> wrote in message news:9E0A8BF3-E094-4785-8EE6-D562BE5AB1D7@microsoft.com... > How do I open this type file ? I can not save and reopen with another > program. I have seen something at Microsoft about a fix for outlook > express 5.5 2003 but it does match my vista . > > Thank you > Karen...

MSExchangeFBPublish (Event ID: 8275)
I am getting the following error after I had to restore two Public Folders: "SchedulePlusFreeBusy folder could not be opened for duplicate message deletion on virtual machine EXCHSRV01. The error number is 0x80004005." Does anybody know what is causing this error? I only get the error once a night during the Exchange Maintanence process. Thanks! Look in your system folders and see what you have there under the Schedule+ Free/Busy Folders object. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Scopus69" <Scopus69@nospam....

Is it possible to separate the event-handling part from the control?
Hi, all Currently I am studying design pattern stuff and wondering that if we can move event handling part of an control to another separate class? For exmaple, can we move all event handling code to a CButtonEventHandler class from a CButton class like this? class CButtonEventHandler { public: OnLButtonUp(UINT nFlags, CPoint point); }; .... CButton btn; CButtonEventHandler handler; handler.add(btn); // and all events can be handled by CButtonEventHandler I have never done such things, and just hope anyone can point me out. Any help would be appreciated! Bruce "BruceWho"...

Using excel to manage event
Hello! I am an event manager currently working to set up a system that can handle the planning process of a sporting event. Background: I am one of three people left in the run for an event director job for one of the largest soccer clubs in Scandinavia. I received the following task for next interview: Next week I have to present an efficient management system, that can systematize the processes of planning, coordinating and managing the club's sporting event (soccer match). There are generally 20.000 people visiting the game, and there 600 people (including volunteers) workin...

Dialog window size
Hi, Is there a way to change the size of dialog window without editing in text editior, the resource file ? i don't want too, to increase size with mouse using handle. something like property editor could be very interesting. tia, Maileen "Maileen" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:OeIK63i9DHA.2392@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Is there a way to change the size of dialog window without editing in > text editior, the resource file ? > i don't want too, to increase size with mouse using handle. > > something like property editor could...

How to modify a GP window in VBA?
Hi, I have modified a GP window in dexterity. But now I need to incorporate some code written in VBA to that window. I have never worked in VBA before. How can I open that window in VBA? How can I incorporate both the VBA and dexterity code to that window? How do I write the scripts at particular events in VBA? Thanks Assuming that your modified window is now an alternate window in your 3rd party dictionary and that you have changed security to use the alternate. If you need to make changes to the window layout with Modifier, modify the window and change security to use the modifie...

can't add windows component
OS windows XP SP3 When trying to add windows components through the control panel or with the windows CD, I receive the following message... "SETUP WAS UNABLE TO OPEN INFORMATION FILE MSNMSN.INF"..... error code is 0x2 at line 0 ...contact administrator On Apr 14, 5:45=A0pm, MPW <M...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > OS windows XP SP3 > When trying to add windows components through the control panel or with t= he > windows CD, I receive the following message... "SETUP WAS UNABLE TO OPEN > INFORMATION FILE MSNMSN.INF"..... error code is 0x2...

Opening Publisher documents within Windows 7.
I would like to move numerous documents created in Publisher 2002 on a computer running XP, to a new computer running Windows 7. Can I install Pub. 2002 on the new computer in order to do this? If it is necessary or desirable to upgrade to Pub. 10 (or later if such exists), will that run on Windows 7 ? Any advice would be welcome. -- jonathome This forum discusses Office XP and Windows 7. Have you tried installing Publisher into its own folder? I understand Windows 7 has a very good compatibility mode. http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7programs/thread/9b6...

Exchange Event logs in a text format
Hi, Wondering if there is a way to have an Exchange server write it's event logs that it writes in the application log to also be written in a text file for special monitoring solution... This is for any version of Exchange... Thanks !!! -- It would be easier to harvest the items that you need with logparser. Check it out at www.logparser.com. BK On Jan 4, 10:54 am, "Thinkpad21" <thinkpa...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Hi, > > Wondering if there is a way to have an Exchange server write it's event logs > that it writes in the application log to also be wr...

Sales Transaction Entry Window-GP 10
I am doing testing with GP 10 and noticed that they have moved the actions you could do on the sales transaction entry window (transfer, purchase, etc.) from buttons to within the actions drop down menu. I know my users will have a fit when we upgrade since they generate PO's from the sales transaction window all the time. Is there a setting somewhere in GP10 that you can have it have the buttons on the window instead? Thanks! Jennifer, You could add a button on the screen with Modifier and add the screen and the button object to VBA, where you can then call the Purchase Order...

Outlook Security Settings
Customizing the Outlook Security Features Adminstrative Package -Deploying the customized Outlook security setting to client computers ..... 1. Start the registry editor and expand the following subkey: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Security Also, we are trying to do this Customization but something is wrong in our registry, because when we try to find this subkey, we can not find the subkey ...\Security and now we are stoped for this. Could someone tell me if something is wrong with that or am I doing something wrong here? Have someone something experience with this? I have...

WNet... functions in windows 98?
My program that uses WNet... functions (WNetOpenEnum, WNetEnumResource...) works only under windows 2000 and windows XP. Is there a way to use these functions with win 98 and if not, than how else can I enumerate network resources? Tnx in advance. Dragan ...

How do i access microsoft excel on windows xp? #2
I recently purchased a pc that came with windows xp home. I thought the microsoft excel programme would come with it, but i can not find it anywhere. Does this mean i have to purchase it seperately? Yes; or as part of Microsoft Office. "ayanda" wrote: > I recently purchased a pc that came with windows xp home. I thought the > microsoft excel programme would come with it, but i can not find it anywhere. > Does this mean i have to purchase it seperately? ...

Security & Reports
I did not mind the change from a list that could be selected from to your pre-fab for a company of 10,000 employees - Roles (sounds cool though - a buzz word these days?). However, since no reports actually print the report numbers listed in the create roles part of security, it is a real pain to try and put together things for companies that have employees that do multiple jobs. Printed reports, should reference the number assigned to them in the security section so that they can be identified. And, NO, the names do not match up either. ---------------- This post is a suggestion fo...

Windows Fax and Scan
Does anyone know whether or not Windows Fax and Scan feature will work with MajicJack? I would purchase an external fax modem but instead of plugging it into the wall phone jack, I would plug it into the majic jack which is plugged into a USB connection on the computer. Thanks -- Templar "Templar" <Templar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:69738AA9-5A0E-40D9-8E10-93075AC672E5@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know whether or not Windows Fax and Scan feature will work > with > MajicJack? I would purchase an external fax modem but inst...

Windows 2000 AdminPak
I am trying to install the Exchange 2000 Admin tools on my computer so I can use my Veritas Backup Exec to backup my mailboxes. It won't allow me to install it because it says that the Windows 2000 Adminstration pack is required (I'm running Windows XP Pro on my backup workstation). The only adminpak I could find was the 2003 version which replaced the 2000 version, but Exchange still won't let me install. Anyone have any ideas...or even where I can find the original adminpak? I can't find it on the 2000 server CD or in my Technet Plus subscription. Thanks! Deuce And ...

Adding columns to "Look Up Records" window #2
In certain places in CRM (specifically highlight a Lead, click New Email, and press the looking glass lookup button to the right of the To field) when I do a Lookup for contacts or accounts, the window "Look Up Records" appears with a list of entities at the top, a search field, and two lists below. The left list is available records and the right is selected records. The Available Records list only displays a single column, the name of the account or contact. I want to display more columns, and scollbars are OK. My specific issue is that I have 4 "Rick Johnson" c...

WINDOWS Live Mail loosing connection
Getting this quite frequently from WLM - Did not get this with Live mail on the same system. ( this is a free translation from the french message) Your server has stopped the connection - Possible causes are server or network problems, or time out expired. Vista 64 SP2, WLM 14.0.8089.0726 Microsoft security essential as anti-virus. Cette commande IMAP n'a pas été envoyée au serveur avant la fin de la connexion. Affichage : . .. .. Protocole : IMAP Port : 143 Sécurisé (SSL) : 0 Code : 800ccc0f -- Thanks. If you are not...

Transfer autocorrection list (ACL) from windows Word to Mac

"windows" menu is missing from Excel menu
Can you tell me how to add this back to my menu? Alicia, Try going into Customize (View - Toolbars - Customize). Toolbars tab. Select Worksheet Menu Bar (turn it blue, not the checkbox). Click Reset. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "alicia" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0c6801c3a9ea$04171990$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Can you tell me how to add this back to my menu? Sorry, what do you mean by turn it blue? Thanx >-----Original Message----- >Alicia, > >Try...