User Profiles going from XP to Windows 7

I am in the beginning stages of testing Windows 7 and have run into my
first "issue" I know and have read what I can find about the changes
from XP to Vista/Windows 7 in user profile structure.

I know that once I get a machine online I can install RSAT on it to
manage/create policies for Vista/7 with GPP. But is there anything
that I can do about "converting" the existing users profiles so that
they won't be starting from Scratch?

We have some machines that we will be doing full/clean installs on and
are most likely going to be buying a bunch of new PCs that will be
compatible to replace ones that won't run Windows 7. I would like to
be able to get people back online and working without having to
rebuild their profiles or making them start completely over.

I have done a clean HD install on my machine for the testing. I kept
my existing hard-drive so I can always roll back in my testing. I did
copy/move some files by hand. Luckily, I only have about 60 users so
it's not out of the question, but would like to make sure I am not
fighting too much of an uphill battle.

TIA for any pointers, help.

Tim
0
TimParker

Hi,
Please have a look at User State Migration Tool (USMT)
Here's a video to help you with that task:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/dd671583.aspx

--

I hope that the information above helps you.
Have a Nice day.

Jorge Silva
MVP Directory Services

Please no e-mails, any questions should be posted in the NewsGroup

"TimParker" <timpar@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I am in the beginning stages of testing Windows 7 and have run into my
> first "issue" I know and have read what I can find about the changes
> from XP to Vista/Windows 7 in user profile structure.
>
> I know that once I get a machine online I can install RSAT on it to
> manage/create policies for Vista/7 with GPP. But is there anything
> that I can do about "converting" the existing users profiles so that
> they won't be starting from Scratch?
>
> We have some machines that we will be doing full/clean installs on and
> are most likely going to be buying a bunch of new PCs that will be
> compatible to replace ones that won't run Windows 7. I would like to
> be able to get people back online and working without having to
> rebuild their profiles or making them start completely over.
>
> I have done a clean HD install on my machine for the testing. I kept
> my existing hard-drive so I can always roll back in my testing. I did
> copy/move some files by hand. Luckily, I only have about 60 users so
> it's not out of the question, but would like to make sure I am not
> fighting too much of an uphill battle.
>
> TIA for any pointers, help.
>
> Tim

0
Jorge
1/4/2010 2:42:16 PM
Hello TimParker,

With Windows Vista the new profile version 2 was started, so the follwoing
documents also apply for Windows 7.

Have a look into this articles:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947025/en-us

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc766489(WS.10).aspx

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=696dd665-9f76-4177-a811-39c26d3b3b34

Best regards

Meinolf Weber
no rights.

> I am in the beginning stages of testing Windows 7 and have run into my
> first "issue" I know and have read what I can find about the changes
> from XP to Vista/Windows 7 in user profile structure.
>
> I know that once I get a machine online I can install RSAT on it to
> manage/create policies for Vista/7 with GPP. But is there anything
> that I can do about "converting" the existing users profiles so that
> they won't be starting from Scratch?
>
> We have some machines that we will be doing full/clean installs on and
> are most likely going to be buying a bunch of new PCs that will be
> compatible to replace ones that won't run Windows 7. I would like to
> be able to get people back online and working without having to
> rebuild their profiles or making them start completely over.
>
> I have done a clean HD install on my machine for the testing. I kept
> my existing hard-drive so I can always roll back in my testing. I did
> copy/move some files by hand. Luckily, I only have about 60 users so
> it's not out of the question, but would like to make sure I am not
> fighting too much of an uphill battle.
>
> TIA for any pointers, help.
>
> Tim

0
Meinolf
1/4/2010 4:51:29 PM
On Mon, 4 Jan 2010 05:49:35 -0800 (PST), TimParker <timpar@gmail.com>
wrote:

>I am in the beginning stages of testing Windows 7 and have run into my
>first "issue" I know and have read what I can find about the changes
>from XP to Vista/Windows 7 in user profile structure.
>
>I know that once I get a machine online I can install RSAT on it to
>manage/create policies for Vista/7 with GPP. But is there anything
>that I can do about "converting" the existing users profiles so that
>they won't be starting from Scratch?
>
>We have some machines that we will be doing full/clean installs on and
>are most likely going to be buying a bunch of new PCs that will be
>compatible to replace ones that won't run Windows 7. I would like to
>be able to get people back online and working without having to
>rebuild their profiles or making them start completely over.
>
>I have done a clean HD install on my machine for the testing. I kept
>my existing hard-drive so I can always roll back in my testing. I did
>copy/move some files by hand. Luckily, I only have about 60 users so
>it's not out of the question, but would like to make sure I am not
>fighting too much of an uphill battle.
>
>TIA for any pointers, help.
>
>Tim

In addition to the other replies ... I would be more inclined to start
from scratch. I use roaming profiles and folder redirection so it's
easy to get the stuff I need (IE favorites, etc). I just find there's
a lot of clutter sitting around in user profiles that periodically
benefits from a clean slate, and a workstation upgrade/migration is a
good opportunity for that.

Migrating user profiles is tedious work and rarely worth it. Users can
figure out how to set their desktop wallpaper back to a photo of a
big-eyed kitten if they want it ...they're the ones who did it the
first time.
0
Lanwench
1/4/2010 11:11:54 PM
Good point. I might have to definately consider that on my quest.
Thank you!

On Jan 4, 6:11=A0pm, "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
<lanwe...@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 4 Jan 2010 05:49:35 -0800 (PST), TimParker <tim...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> >I am in the beginning stages of testing Windows 7 and have run into my
> >first "issue" I know and have read what I can find about the changes
> >from XP to Vista/Windows 7 in user profile structure.
>
> >I know that once I get a machine online I can install RSAT on it to
> >manage/create policies for Vista/7 with GPP. But is there anything
> >that I can do about "converting" the existing users profiles so that
> >they won't be starting from Scratch?
>
> >We have some machines that we will be doing full/clean installs on and
> >are most likely going to be buying a bunch of new PCs that will be
> >compatible to replace ones that won't run Windows 7. I would like to
> >be able to get people back online and working without having to
> >rebuild their profiles or making them start completely over.
>
> >I have done a clean HD install on my machine for the testing. I kept
> >my existing hard-drive so I can always roll back in my testing. I did
> >copy/move some files by hand. Luckily, I only have about 60 users so
> >it's not out of the question, but would like to make sure I am not
> >fighting too much of an uphill battle.
>
> >TIA for any pointers, help.
>
> >Tim
>
> In addition to the other replies ... I would be more inclined to start
> from scratch. I use roaming profiles and folder redirection so it's
> easy to get the stuff I need (IE favorites, etc). I just find there's
> a lot of clutter sitting around in user profiles that periodically
> benefits from a clean slate, and a workstation upgrade/migration is a
> good opportunity for that.
>
> Migrating user profiles is tedious work and rarely worth it. Users can
> figure out how to set their desktop wallpaper back to a photo of a
> big-eyed kitten if they want it ...they're the ones who did it the
> first time.- Hide quoted text -

TimParker
1/5/2010 11:21:26 AM
I don't get it! Is this from Vista to 7 or From XP to 7?

--

"Meinolf Weber [MVP-DS]" <meiweb@(nospam)gmx.de> wrote in message
> Hello TimParker,
>
> With Windows Vista the new profile version 2 was started, so the follwoing
> documents also apply for Windows 7.
>
> Have a look into this articles:
>
> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc766489(WS.10).aspx
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=696dd665-9f76-4177-a811-39c26d3b3b34
>
> Best regards
>
> Meinolf Weber
> Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and
> confers no rights.
> ** Please do NOT email, only reply to Newsgroups
> ** HELP us help YOU!!! http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm
>
>> I am in the beginning stages of testing Windows 7 and have run into my
>> first "issue" I know and have read what I can find about the changes
>> from XP to Vista/Windows 7 in user profile structure.
>>
>> I know that once I get a machine online I can install RSAT on it to
>> manage/create policies for Vista/7 with GPP. But is there anything
>> that I can do about "converting" the existing users profiles so that
>> they won't be starting from Scratch?
>>
>> We have some machines that we will be doing full/clean installs on and
>> are most likely going to be buying a bunch of new PCs that will be
>> compatible to replace ones that won't run Windows 7. I would like to
>> be able to get people back online and working without having to
>> rebuild their profiles or making them start completely over.
>>
>> I have done a clean HD install on my machine for the testing. I kept
>> my existing hard-drive so I can always roll back in my testing. I did
>> copy/move some files by hand. Luckily, I only have about 60 users so
>> it's not out of the question, but would like to make sure I am not
>> fighting too much of an uphill battle.
>>
>> TIA for any pointers, help.
>>
>> Tim

0
Jorge
1/5/2010 4:50:48 PM
XP SP3 to Windows 7 Enterprise.

On Jan 5, 11:50=A0am, "Jorge Silva" <jorgesilva...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I don't get it! Is this from Vista to 7 or From XP to 7?
>
> --
>
> I hope that the information above helps you.
> Have a Nice day.
>
> Jorge Silva
> MVP Directory Services
>
> Please no e-mails, any questions should be posted in the NewsGroup
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no right=
s.

> "Meinolf Weber [MVP-DS]" <meiweb@(nospam)gmx.de> wrote in messagenews:6cb=
2911dbb1f8cc5b7dad7a91b0@msnews.microsoft.com...

> > Hello TimParker,
>
> > With Windows Vista the new profile version 2 was started, so the follwo=
ing
> > documents also apply for Windows 7.
>
> > Have a look into this articles:
> >http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947025/en-us
>
> >http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc766489(WS.10).aspx
>
> >http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=3Den&Family.=
>
> > Best regards
>
> > Meinolf Weber
> > Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and
> > confers no rights.
> > ** Please do NOT email, only reply to Newsgroups
> > ** HELP us help YOU!!!http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm
>
> >> I am in the beginning stages of testing Windows 7 and have run into my
> >> first "issue" I know and have read what I can find about the changes
> >> from XP to Vista/Windows 7 in user profile structure.
>
> >> I know that once I get a machine online I can install RSAT on it to
> >> manage/create policies for Vista/7 with GPP. But is there anything
> >> that I can do about "converting" the existing users profiles so that
> >> they won't be starting from Scratch?
>
> >> We have some machines that we will be doing full/clean installs on and
> >> are most likely going to be buying a bunch of new PCs that will be
> >> compatible to replace ones that won't run Windows 7. I would like to
> >> be able to get people back online and working without having to
> >> rebuild their profiles or making them start completely over.
>
> >> I have done a clean HD install on my machine for the testing. I kept
> >> my existing hard-drive so I can always roll back in my testing. I did
> >> copy/move some files by hand. Luckily, I only have about 60 users so
> >> it's not out of the question, but would like to make sure I am not
> >> fighting too much of an uphill battle.
>
> >> TIA for any pointers, help.
>
> >> Tim- Hide quoted text -

TimParker
1/5/2010 5:00:38 PM
Ok, in that case the links that I provided should do the trick :)

--

> XP SP3 to Windows 7 Enterprise.
>
> On Jan 5, 11:50 am, "Jorge Silva" <jorgesilva...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> I don't get it! Is this from Vista to 7 or From XP to 7?
>>
>> --
>>
>> I hope that the information above helps you.
>> Have a Nice day.
>>
>> Jorge Silva
>> MVP Directory Services
>>
>> Please no e-mails, any questions should be posted in the NewsGroup
>> rights.
>>
>> "Meinolf Weber [MVP-DS]" <meiweb@(nospam)gmx.de> wrote in
>> messagenews:6cb2911dbb1f8cc5b7dad7a91b0@msnews.microsoft.com...
>>

>> > Hello TimParker,
>>
>> > With Windows Vista the new profile version 2 was started, so the
>> > follwoing
>> > documents also apply for Windows 7.
>>
>> > Have a look into this articles:
>> >http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947025/en-us
>>
>> >http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc766489(WS.10).aspx
>>
>> >http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&Family...
>>
>> > Best regards
>>
>> > Meinolf Weber
>> > Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and
>> > confers no rights.
>> > ** Please do NOT email, only reply to Newsgroups
>> > ** HELP us help YOU!!!http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm

Jorge
1/5/2010 10:59:11 PM
Yes, I think they will. And thank you for the help!!

On Jan 5, 5:59=A0pm, "Jorge Silva" <jorgesilva...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Ok, in that case the links that I provided should do the trick :)
>
> --
>
> I hope that the information above helps you.
> Have a Nice day.
>
> Jorge Silva
> MVP Directory Services
>
> Please no e-mails, any questions should be posted in the NewsGroup
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no right=
s.

> "TimParker" <tim...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > XP SP3 to Windows 7 Enterprise.
>
> > On Jan 5, 11:50 am, "Jorge Silva" <jorgesilva...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >> I don't get it! Is this from Vista to 7 or From XP to 7?
>
> >> --
>
> >> I hope that the information above helps you.
> >> Have a Nice day.
>
> >> Jorge Silva
> >> MVP Directory Services
>
> >> Please no e-mails, any questions should be posted in the NewsGroup
> >> rights.
>
> >> "Meinolf Weber [MVP-DS]" <meiweb@(nospam)gmx.de> wrote in
> >> messagenews:6cb2911dbb1f8cc5b7dad7a91b0@msnews.microsoft.com...

TimParker

How do I recover/download Outlook Express for XP?
The Update page won't allow me to download Outlook Express. I have Service Pack 3 for XP Home. Outlook was there one minute, gone completely the next. Any ideas about how to get a download? I am going to power off now and hope it magically reappears when I power on again. webron08 <webron08@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >The Update page won't allow me to download Outlook Express. If you're running version 6.xxx, you've got the latest version. Are you talking about Outlook or Outlook Express? This group supports Microsoft Outlook which is part of Microso...

Installation on Windows 7, but going back to XP
I have Office Small Business 2007 oem installed on my Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit operating system. I am having some issues (non office related) with Windows 7 and just purchased an XP license to go to XP. I am going to keep Windows 7 installed on the hard drive, but going to create a partition for XP and primarily boot from XP until my issue with Windows 7 gets resolved. My question is concerning my Office Small Business 2007 license. Can I install it on XP as well and activate it there incase this resolution with Windows 7 takes more than 30 days? The Small Business 2007...

Exchange 2003 and BES
I was about to begin migrating users from my 1st and only Exchange 2003 server to my 2nd brand new Exchange 2003 server when I realized I havemy Blackberry Server to consider. My goal is to move all the mailboxes (60+) to the new box and decomission the original Exchange 2003 Server. My question is, how does this affect my Blackberry which is currently pointing to my 1st Server? Do you know if the BES Server will recognize the mailboxes are on another server and be re-directed - like Outloo 2003 clients are? Thank you. Are the servers in the same exchange org? If so, make sure t...

Problems building the xpsdrvsmpl under windows 7! help!!!
Hi all. I'm trying to build the xpsdrvsmpl from the latest DDK kit and get the following errors. I run setenv fre WIN7 then use build -cZ int eh sample code directory and get the following errors. Driving me mad as all I want to do is to produce a simple xps printer driver; 1>nmake.exe /nologo BUILDMSG=Stop. -i BUILD_PASS=PASS2 LINKONLY=1 NOPASS0=1 MAKEDLL=1 MAKEDIR_RELATIVE_TO_BASEDIR=src\print\xpsdrvsmpl\src\filters\booklet failed - rc = 2 2>errors in directory d:\winddk\7600.16385.1\src\print\xpsdrvsmpl\src\filters\color 2>NMAKE : fatal error U1073: don'...

Outlook XP w/Exchange 2000 Forwarding Problem
I created a message rule to forward a copy of each e-mail I recieve (in Outlook) to my internet account. I added the forwarding internet account into my contacts. Still, the messages will not forward at all. Please Help. THANKS! All versions of Exchange are set to deny replies and forwards to the Internet by default. You can ask your Exchange Admin to change this setting but do not be surprised if the admin refuses. >-----Original Message----- >I created a message rule to forward a copy of each e-mail >I recieve (in Outlook) to my internet account. I added the >forward...

Attachments from Outlook 2003 not visible to Mac User running Eudora
When I attach word and powepoint documents to my emails from Outlook, one Mac user who is one of my busines partners cannot see the attachments. Other people using PCs and Macs do get the attachments. I'm using Outlook 2003 Small Business Edition with Service Pack 2 installed. The operating system is Windows XP Pro 5.1, Service Pack 2. He is using Eudora 6.2 on Mac OS X v 3.9. He can get attachments from other Outlook users. Other Mac users and PC users get my attachments, though I think there have been a few people who don't see the attachments. If I attach the documents with g...

Users and groups can't be seen from clients
We created a new W2003 server with Exchange 2003 earlier this year, and migrated email and public folders over from our old Exch. 5.5 server. We can add new users, and their email works fine (they can send & receive), but their address does not appear in the global address list, all users list, or any list from the Outlook 2003 or Outlook 2000 clients. We also can't create distribution groups that are visible from the clients. Both new users and groups appear in the correct areas in system manager in the mailbox store. Can anybody out there help us? ...

Windows Live Mail 04-28-10
Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format. ------=_NextPart_000_0046_01CAE6CC.2778DE70 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi folks, Have a short question. Is it possible to change the layout of Windows = Live Mail ??? I am talking about coloring the application. Those light = colors I do not like. I am more into black style. Maybe someone has read = something about an application to do it or some theme changing = application. Thanx in advance --=20 Alpha1968 I am the ALPHA and the OMEGA... Th...

Exchange 2000 Instant Messaging for Exchange 2003 Users
Hi, I am upgrading my exchange 2000 environment to exchange 2003. To use Instant Messaging i have retained one exchange 2000 server running Instant Messaging, as explained in http://support.microsoft.com/?id=822942 However after upgrading users having mailboxes on Exchange 2003 are not able to use IM. It is giving below error: "Signing to Exchange messaging failed because either the password is incorrect or sign-in name doesn't exists" I have enabled IM for these users using exchange tasks wizard. IM is working fine for the users having mailboxes on exchange 2000. Plea...

allowing user@[sample.ip.address] in Exchange 5.5
is ther a way to enable our mail server to accept inbound/outbound mail in the form of: user@[ipaddress] ex. allow abuse@tcl.com.ph with ip 203.160.172.233 to recevied mail form of: abuse@[203.160.172.233] i have exchange 5.5 sp 6. on win NT thanks "disk0nek" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08bc01c3be1c$eba9a070$a101280a@phx.gbl... > is ther a way to enable our mail server to accept > inbound/outbound mail in the form of: > > user@[ipaddress] > > ex. > > allow abuse@tcl.com.ph with ip 203.160.172.233 to recevied > ...

After add Stylus into your Windows CE 5.0 image and it does not appear in your control panel.
Hi, I work with Plaftform builder for Windows CE 5.0 a I executed these steps From catalog I Add - ..\User Interface\Touch Screen [Stylus] - .\User Interface\mouse the I click on sysgen to recreate the nk.bin image I download the image but I cannot see the stylus icon into control panel Thanks in advance Ruggero Bandera Do you have BSP_NOTOUCH set? -- Bruce Eitman (eMVP) Senior Engineer Bruce.Eitman AT Eurotech DOT com My BLOG http://geekswithblogs.net/bruceeitman Eurotech Inc. www.Eurotech.com "Ruggero Bandera" <ruggero.bandera@cjb.it&g...

Listing of all users and their group memberships
I need to pull a report of all users and their group memberships. I've seen TONS of how to pull reports of all group memberships and their users but that's not going to work for me. I need something that will generate a .csv or similar tabular formatted file like this: User1, group1, group2, group3 User2, group1, group2, group3 User3, group1, group2, group3 I've looked all over. So any help would be much appreciated. Thanks. -Dan -- danf ------------------------------------------------------------------------ danf's Profile: http://forums.tech...

Users Edit Ranges (no go on 9X)
i have a spreadsheet on EX2002 which uses the users edit ranges protection facility. although it works fine under windows 2000 and winXP machines. none of the 9x's will pay attention to the config. does anyone know of a workaround? i have ds client installed on the machine. please help Well, I don't have an earlier version of Windows to confirm what you're saying but I can't find anything that suggests there is this limitation in Excel 2002. For instance this article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;289269 talks about how NT group permissions ...

NotSupportedException on Windows CE 6.0 not on Windows CE 5.0
Hello, I have an application (developed with .Net CF 2.0) that works fine on my target device with Windows CE 5.0. I have ported Windows CE 6.0 on my target but my application randomly crash with a "NotSupportedException". I have no idea....it is randomly.... Any Ideas ? Thanks, Paolo -- Paolo Patierno Embedded Software Engineer Paolo Patierno wrote: > I have an application (developed with .Net CF 2.0) that works fine on my > target device with Windows CE 5.0. > I have ported Windows CE 6.0 on my target but my application randomly > crash with a &...

one of exchange user cannot receive email but can send
one of exchange user cannot receive email but can send, all other users' email (in the same server) work just fine. the exchange server is SBS 2003. any idea? Is the user getting any messages or errors when they send the message? Does the message just sit in the Outbox? Or does it just disappear in to the bit bucket? If it is just disappearing, turn on message tracking, then have the user send the message again, then track the message. -- Jim McBee Web: http://www.somorita.com Blog: http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com "don" <don@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

Using a second Profile for 3rd party program to sendmail.
I am having trouble with various installations of Outlook2003 (RPC over HTTPS) on sending email from a third party application via a second Profile (different email account but on the same exchange server as profile 1). My third party program IS correctly sending the generated mail to the second profile however, the outgoing mail message stays in the OUTBOX. The only way to get the email to actually move out of the Outbox and Send is if the end-user opens Outlook2003 with the second profile. Strange thing is, this functionality works for about 80% of my users. I have gone over settings wit...

Best Pracitce Question
I have a best practice question. We are using MIIS to disable accounts in AD. When we choose to disable an account, we no longer want email received at the user's address (The need to continue receiving email if necessary is handled by converting the mailbox to a public folder). I am now starting to find the 9548 errors in the event logs, and the only input I have found so far is to enable self so that the mailbox can continue receiving email. I don't want the errors, and I don't want the email, but I want to keep the mailbox for the duration of the disabled account (we hav...

Convert User Input into Column Heading
Hello All: I have a spreadsheet that allow users to type in descriptiv information about a product in a column. This information is no unique. I need to get the unique items from the list and use them a column headings. Pivot tables have been suggested, but this is not th best solution as I am creating a report that needs the input as column heading. For Example: Candy Donut Candy Ice Cream Soad Soda Ice Cream Candy, Donut, Ice Cream, Soad, Soda Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi! You can extract the unique names to a distant column using Data Filter > A...

Windows Server 2008 DNS
Since DNS in Win2k8 can return both IPv4 and IPv6 addresses during name resolution, is there a precendence in which these are resolved? ...

Disclaimer #7
Sir, In our Organisationn we are using Exchange 2003 and We have published Exchange2003 in ISA 2004. Mail Receive via ISA 2000. In Exchange 2003, we have add Disclaimer using Visual Basic coding given by Microsoft. Added Disclaimer is not working. I hereby mentioned the link http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-s;317327&Product=exch2003 How to solve this issue? How to Add the Disclaimer Thanks and Regards Sathish Kumar On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 00:39:03 -0700, sathish kumar nair <sathishkumarnair@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Sir, > >In our Organisati...

want to give some of my adresses to other outlook user
I am lost in knowledgebase articles, Outlook help and earlier messages on this forum. There seems to be some possibilities, but I just don�t fully understand the information. So if someone please could give some simple step by step advice, I would be very grateful. This is what I want to do: I want to hand over some of my contact information from my Outlook 2000 pst-file, to my wife, so she can use them on her computer (running Outlook 2002). I.ve got 1062 adress entries, in my adress book/contacts fiolder. About one hundred is of interest to her. Both machines use Windows XPHome (and are ...

Take a look at that important package for Windows
--qlxbzkpxxtzbuk Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="epxdxiezbqb"; type="multipart/alternative" --epxdxiezbqb Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="mplwmvlhwdsoacny" --mplwmvlhwdsoacny Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Client this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install ...

How to find position of a MDI window frame in the main frame client coordinates?
Hi All, Perhaps I am overlooking something very basic. I have a FormView that I want to resize from within my program to create place for additional controls if they are needed. So I need to check the size of the view window, calculate new size and position, then move the view window. To make long story short - if I will have a code that "moves" and "resizes" window to exactly the same size the window has, I will be ready. Under normal API it is accomplished by this code: GetWindowRect(GetDlgItem(hDlg,IDC_BUTTON1),&rc); ScreenToClient(hDlg,(LPPOINT)&rc);...

Ghost User showing up in Calendar Invites
We had a previous employees account keep showing up in Calemdar invites. We are running Win2003 DC"s and Exchange server. We searched all over for entries or old email addresses but are at a loss. Any ideas ou tthere for us to track his hidden user info and xclude him from annoying our wondering users? Many thanks in advance. The account is deleted and has been for months, not just disabaled. Weird huh :-) HELP! -- Thanks to everyone! It's worth checking to see if any of the legitimate invitees have this person set as a delegate. Depending on what you do with the accounts w...

ANONYMOUS LOGON and Everyone Read Permission on User Mailbox
Hello, I've been trying to get my first Exchange Srever 2003 up and running. It is running on an SBS 2003 Premium box. One thing I notice that is very strange is that if you go to Exchange Advanced:Mailbox Rights for any user in the ADUC both ANONYMOUS LOGON and Everyone has inherited Read permissions. It is not clear if that is a problem ... but my guess is that it allows others to read users mail? I've been searching online as well as the knowledge base, but there is nothing that clearly discusses this. It does seem others have noted this problem, but no one really describes...