user account control - password not required

i know that does not mean there isn't a pwd, just that there might
not
be.  is there a good way to check?

thanks
0
nlehrer

Hello nlehrer,

I can not really follow you. What are you trying to ask? UAC has nothing
to do with passwords.

Best regards

Meinolf Weber
no rights.

> i know that does not mean there isn't a pwd, just that there might
> not
> be.  is there a good way to check?
> thanks

0
Meinolf
6/20/2010 7:19:26 PM
Howdie!

Am 20.06.2010 21:07, schrieb nlehrer:
> i know that does not mean there isn't a pwd, just that there might
> not
> be.  is there a good way to check?

The PASSWD_NOTREQD flag isn't exposed in the UI - probably for a good
reason. It indicates that an account (user and computer) does not need a
password. It undermines security and shouldn't be used in a large scale.

Here's how you can set it: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/305144 -
you'll probably want to use it with ADSIEdit or some scripting.

Cheers,
Florian
0
Florian

Recovering admin password
I have a NFR version of CRM 1.2 and have forgotten the admin password. Is there a way to read/recover this? If not, is the only solution to uninstall and reinstall? This is only a test deployment so there's no data etc. in the CRM at the moment. Mike CRM users are Active Directory users, so you could simply reset the password in Active Directory for that particular user that is assigned the system administrator role. -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Shared Care" wrote: > I have a NFR version of CRM 1.2 and have forgotten the admin password. Is ...

2 e-mail accounts thru microsoft-
i HAVE 2 E-MAIL ACCOUNTS THRU MICROSOFT- 1-MICROSOFT OUTLOOK AND THE OTHER IS MICROSOFT LIVE. BOTH HAVE THE SAME ADDRESS. I CANNOT GET THE ACCOUNTS TO COMMUNICATE WITH EACH OTHER. tHE MICROSOFT LIVE ACCOUNT ONLY RECEIVES E-MAILS FROM MICROSOFT AND IF I TRY TO SEND SOMETHING FROM WORD THAT IS WHERE IT GOES AND i CANNOT SEND IT ANYWHERE. plEASE HELP WOULD REALLY LIKE TO TALK TO SOMEONE FOR HELP -- jsj This group is for Windows Mail. Outlook is a program, not an account provider. You'll going to have to explain in better detail what you want to do. -- Dave N....

Recalculation in excel2003 for some users
after upgrade to off2003, for some users after opening an xl-sheet, the sheet is not automatically recalculated (for other users it does!) we have removed users from active directory and local pc: first problem seemed to be solved, but it returned! -- fvsnl3071ma61 Go to Tools | Options | Calculation (tab) and ensure that Automatic recalculation is selected. If your user(s) open a workbook which has manual calculation specified in it, Excel will choose this setting for other workbooks opened in the same session. Hope this helps. Pete fransvanS wrote: > after upgrade to off2003, for...

Allow save copies of message option to be set by account
Hello, I'm using IMAP for the first time, but also have POP3 accounts with no IMAP support in Outlook 2007. I want to save a single copy of my sent messages, after they are actually sent. I can't do this in OL 2007, or at least if I can, without a bunch of rules tinkering and/or negating a benefit of IMAP. I don't like the rules setup, because it sends a copy of my POP3 e-mail to the sent items folder when I hit the send button, not when the e-mail is actually sent. I'd like to have the ability to set the option of saving copies at the account level. Now, either I can...

two different email accounts in outlook
How do you store two different email accounts in two different places in outlook? I have two accounts, one on an exchange server and another just a local imap account. I want to store the mail in two different places. How do I do this?? In the control panel click on the mail icon. Click the bottom button that says "show profiles". Add another profile and setup your IMAP email account. Make sure you click the "Prompt me for which account to use" bullet. Now you will have separate accounts for each email address. ...

Filter by header to an exchange account
Greetings: I have a mailserver gateway that handles our mail and spam filtering. It tags teh messages with a Header: "X-Spam= YES" How can I "filter" messages with this header and direct them to a specific exchange mailbox/account instead of the original recipient? Thanks, Scott On Thu, 22 Dec 2005 19:54:31 -0600, "Scott" <scott@invalidUCE.com> wrote: >Greetings: > >I have a mailserver gateway that handles our mail and spam filtering. It >tags teh messages with a Header: "X-Spam= YES" > >How can I "filter" mess...

SA password
Help me refresh my memory. I believe there is a method of changing the sa password. On Jun 18, 4:46=A0pm, Bill Cunningham <BillCunning...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Help me refresh my memory. I believe there is a method of changing the sa > password. Log in into SQL Server as Windows Administrator and reset the password of sa In SO Admin go to File>Connect. Connect to the db. Once connected go to Database > Change Password Thanks, Sorry I didh't give you all of the relevent informatiion. This client doesn't know their sa password. If their databas...

Auto Response for select exchange accounts
I am looking to configure several mailboxes that send emails to customers however if a person responds to it (which they are not supose to do) I want the account to auto reply with a message stating the message will not be responded to and informing them of the proper email to use. With this said i have tried using the Outlook server-side rules, however the one used to respond in this fashion needs an outlook client open which i can not do. My only other option i have found is the "Out of Office" which is not the propper format and is misleading to my customers. So here is ...

FRx and Unit Account Rollups
I have a stumper. I use an external payroll application but I'd like to do some calculations by FTE on my financials. I created a unit account to which I will post the number of FTEs each month. I now want this account to print on my financials out of FRx. I added the full account number (ie 888-8888-88) to my row format. I am using a tree broken out by departments. I didn't make any changes to my tree and the 888 department is not included in the tree. The issue is that when I print my financials, by department I have the correct FTE account balance but on any subtotal f...

How to set password to open form
Hi all, I have created a form , in that command button is created when clicked it will open another form. but i need when button is clicked a input box should appear requiring password. when password entered then only that form should open. pls help me these 2 things. 1. when password is entered in inputbox , i want to display message box with entered password ... how can i do it. Naveen, Something like... If Me.txtPassword = "ugh" Then DoCmd.OpenForm "YourForm" Else MsgBox "You do not have permission to view ...

Password in Outlook 2002
The system now ask me to reenter the password on my email account each time, it does not keep it, even after clicking the box. What can do to fix it ? Thank you There have been several recent issues with passwords not being retained with Outlook. If you're running Outlook 2002, the SP1 solves many of these, so start there. If not, here ia another solution: For all Outlook versions on Windows XP (note, this article is written for OE but the solution applies to Outlook as well. Just ignore the parts that refer to OE): http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q264672 -- ...

HR: Not all required fields have been entered
I'm attempting to enter a new employee, it looks like I have all required fields entered, but I'm still getting this error message. Anything else for me to look for or pay attention to? THanks! PS: I've entered many new employees in, what I think is exactly the same way, and never had this error stop me. ...

Unknown User found in OWA logs
Hi, I'm using SBS2003 (Premium with ISA) and I was looking through the ISA logs to see Outlook Web Access internet use and I saw an external unknown user name ("xxx") logging into our mail system and actually reading other peoples accounts. http://publishing.OurDomain.local:Port/exchange/xxx/ We don't have any user names called "xxx" how can I find out how this user is logging into the other accounts and reading mail ? Very worried...David Found out that you can login to your account by using any email address in your SMTP list and that name will show up in y...

User-Selectable Sales Process Leaves Remnant
SITUATION -------------------- (CRM Version 1.2) I've created a required picklist field in my Opportunity form that determines which "on create" sales process to use. There are three values: Normal, Bid/RFP, and No Sales Process. Thus, there are two Sales Processes created in Workflow Manager. The first looks to see if the Opportunity Type <> "Normal." If not, it exits, dropping the field comparison down to the next rule. The second rule looks to see if the Opportunity Type <> "Bid/RFP." If not, it exits. This logic seems to work, but...

Trying to select a specific range based on the time value of user form input
Here is the cmdOK_Click event of my user form. What I need it to do is based on the time input in the pckApptTime on my form to have it offset to a different range of cells (ie: if time is 7:15, then the active cell offset is range A1, looping for a blank cell. If the time is 8:30 am then the range begins at a10, 9:45 range a20, 1:15 range a30, 2:30 range a40, and 3:45 range a50) Where in the Sub do I put this information? and what do I put to have the OK_Click do this automatically? Private Sub cmdOK_Click() Range("A1").Select ActiveWorkbook.Save (this is to update the ...

Tooltips don't appear in Crystal Report Control in VC6/7
Could someone kindly tell me how I can view tooltips created in Crystal Reports 8.5 using a Crystal Report Control (NOT the Crystal Report Viewer Control) ActiveX Object in VC++. Currently I am able to view the crystal reports using the Crystal Report Control from a Dialog based VC++ application, but I have been unsuccessful in making the tooltips appear (even though the tooltips appear fine when opening the report using the crystal report software) Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. CD ...

Distinguish local versus domain user account?
Is there a definitive test for whether the current user on a machine is operating under a local account or a domain account? I can see numerous ways to infer such a distinction, but nothing (in the API realm) that directly tells you this unambiguously. I suppose the LOGONSERVER environment variable is a pretty good indication? But I tend not to trust e-vars, in particular with console utilities. And if I call NetUserGetInfo, the logon server always comes back "\\*" as opposed to the DC that I actually validated against. For a number of other reasons, I really don...

Accessing Web-based E-mail Account
Hello... I just installed Outlook 2003 so I'm still finding my way around. I see you can access Web-based e-mail accounts, such as Hotmail. In fact, it works just fine with my hotmail account. However, when I try to set up my Yahoo mail account, I get the following error message from Outlook: Inbox synchronization headers reported error 0x80070057. Anyone have any ideas about what I can do to fix this? They would be much appreciated. John Look on Yahoo! for their mail support help articles. Last I checked, they only will allow paid accounts to sync with Outlook, not the free service...

Unable to delete IMAP accounts
I am using Microsoft Outlook 2002 (10.2627.2625) where I had 4 IMAP accounts configured. I wanted to change the location of the .pst file and I don't know what I did but now I ended up having 8 IMAP accounts. Each account has duplicated. The 4 IMAP accounts are working and I am able to send and receive emails. but when it won't let me delete the duplicate ones. When I go to Tools-->Options-->Mail Setup tab-->Data Files button, I get to see all the 8 accounts but when I click the Remove button to remove the duplicate ones, it gives me error "This data file is associated ...

Dynamically control how many lines on a graph?
I apologize if this is a FAQ, for some reason my newsreader isn't picking up any messages from this group (looks like no postings) so hopefully I'll be able to access responses, if not, I'll googlesearch for responses later today and tomorrow... ------------------------------------------------ I have many sets of data, all on the same sheet (in a repeated pattern- starting in row 1, then 11, then 21, etc) My single graph is based on named ranges, and the named range(s) are based on Steve Bullen's funchart1 (autoexpanding chart) to control how many x-axis values are shown- whic...

Help Implementing Password
I have an application and I'd like to add the ability to password protect each data file, sort of like what WinZip does. There's quite a bit of encryption code around so that's not a problem. However, thinking about it, the main problem is determining if the password is correct. I can't allow the data to be unencrypted with the wrong password. That would make it very easy to corrupt the data and nulls would truncate the strings because I put them into an EDIT control. And obviously, I don't want to store the password anywhere. I thought about doing an MD5 hash code but th...

IMAP accounts sync. duplicate headers
Set up WLM with pop3 and IMAP accounts. pop3 accts. OK... IMAP accts. retrieve duplicate headers of same e-mail. What mail service are you using? If Gmail, you'll want to right click on the All Mail folder under the Gmail account in WLM and select Properties, Synchronization and select not to synch that folder. It's a duplicate of all the other folders -- Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us "Mike J" <Mike J@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8F708D95-2B21-4D50-9240-F57642D534AD@microsoft.com... > Set up WLM with pop3 and IMAP...

Password protection
I have apprx 21 user prompts set up for Outlook 2007. My questions are: 1) is there a limit of profiles, that can be set up? 2) if I use a PST password - can it be the same as the profile password? 3) I am correct in saying that when I get prompted for the profile to use - it will prompt me for both the PST and Profile password? John D Leonard -- Sage <sage.grp@comcast.net> wrote: > I have apprx 21 user prompts set up for Outlook 2007. > > My questions are: > 1) is there a limit of profiles, that can be set up? I've never heard of one. > 2) if I use a PST pass...

Outlook on a limited account
Can I clarify my earlier post? I was actually talking about Outlook, not Outlook Express, and perhaps I did not make myself clear. My version of Outlook on my account functions fine all the time. My wife's version of Outlook functions fine when her account is an administrator one. When I change her account to limited status, her version of Outlook does not open, but gives an error message to the effect that 'these folders could not be opened' and the server was not available, which is not the case, because the server is operating fine as far as my account is concerned (and a...

dynamic user interface
Hi, I need to create a project that will run as a tray icon and load an interface when necessary. This I can do fairly easily, but for the sake of resources, I would like to create the main UI in a DLL of its own, load it dynamically and unload it when it is not showing... is this possible with an MFC extension DLL? If so, are there any special design concerns? Is this a generally bad idea? Is there a better way to approach this? -- Thanks in advance for your help, Manny Not sure what you mean by "load an interface when necessary". Any program can simply hide itself ...