Unable to delete the Dead Domain controller

Dear,

Iam working on windows server 2008 Ent Ed I have two doman controllers in
the domain both are GC but only one domain controller has all the fsmo roles
but iam having replicattion problems with the dead DC (i.e mppkw-database)
and Iam unable to delete or remove the dead domain controller from the domain
and iam having follwing problems using the ntdsutil :-
matadata cleanup
select operation target: list domains
Found 1 domain(s)
0 - DC=mediaphoneplus,DC=com
select operation target: select domain 0
No current site
Domain - DC=mediaphoneplus,DC=com
No current server
No current Naming Context

select operation target: list domains
Found 1 domain(s)
0 - DC=mediaphoneplus,DC=com
select operation target: select domain 0
No current site
Domain - DC=mediaphoneplus,DC=com
No current server
No current Naming Context
select operation target: list sites
Found 1 site(s)
0 -
CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=mediaphoneplus,DC=co
select operation target: list servers in site
No current site
No current site
Domain - DC=mediaphoneplus,DC=com
No current server
No current Naming Context
select operation target:

Thanks

Saqib

Hello saqib,

Within Windows server 2008 you are able to use AD UC or AD sites and services
to delete the DC AND automatically the AD database will be cleaned from it.
Did you try that way?

Best regards

Meinolf Weber
no rights.

> Dear,
>
> Iam working on windows server 2008 Ent Ed I have two doman controllers
> in
> the domain both are GC but only one domain controller has all the fsmo
> roles
> but iam having replicattion problems with the dead DC (i.e
> mppkw-database)
> and Iam unable to delete or remove the dead domain controller from the
> domain
> and iam having follwing problems using the ntdsutil :-
> matadata cleanup
> select operation target: list domains
> Found 1 domain(s)
> 0 - DC=mediaphoneplus,DC=com
> select operation target: select domain 0
> No current site
> Domain - DC=mediaphoneplus,DC=com
> No current server
> No current Naming Context
> select operation target: list domains
> Found 1 domain(s)
> 0 - DC=mediaphoneplus,DC=com
> select operation target: select domain 0
> No current site
> Domain - DC=mediaphoneplus,DC=com
> No current server
> No current Naming Context
> select operation target: list sites
> Found 1 site(s)
> 0 -
> CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=mediaphoneplus
> ,DC=co
> select operation target: list servers in site
> No current site
> No current site
> Domain - DC=mediaphoneplus,DC=com
> No current server
> No current Naming Context
> select operation target:
> Thanks
>
> Saqib

0
Meinolf
12/25/2009 11:35:10 PM
Dear,

Yes I tried it but still unable to delete it, as the msg says use dcpromo
wizerd to demote or delete all the objects in it like this.

Thanks

Saqib

"Meinolf Weber [MVP-DS]" wrote:

> Hello saqib,
>
> Within Windows server 2008 you are able to use AD UC or AD sites and services
> to delete the DC AND automatically the AD database will be cleaned from it.
> Did you try that way?
>
> Best regards
>
> Meinolf Weber
> Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers
> no rights.
> ** Please do NOT email, only reply to Newsgroups
> ** HELP us help YOU!!! http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm
>

> > Dear,
> >
> > Iam working on windows server 2008 Ent Ed I have two doman controllers
> > in
> > the domain both are GC but only one domain controller has all the fsmo
> > roles
> > but iam having replicattion problems with the dead DC (i.e
> > mppkw-database)
> > and Iam unable to delete or remove the dead domain controller from the
> > domain
> > and iam having follwing problems using the ntdsutil :-
> > matadata cleanup
> > select operation target: list domains
> > Found 1 domain(s)
> > 0 - DC=mediaphoneplus,DC=com
> > select operation target: select domain 0
> > No current site
> > Domain - DC=mediaphoneplus,DC=com
> > No current server
> > No current Naming Context
> > select operation target: list domains
> > Found 1 domain(s)
> > 0 - DC=mediaphoneplus,DC=com
> > select operation target: select domain 0
> > No current site
> > Domain - DC=mediaphoneplus,DC=com
> > No current server
> > No current Naming Context
> > select operation target: list sites
> > Found 1 site(s)
> > 0 -
> > CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=mediaphoneplus
> > ,DC=co
> > select operation target: list servers in site
> > No current site
> > No current site
> > Domain - DC=mediaphoneplus,DC=com
> > No current server
> > No current Naming Context
> > select operation target:
> > Thanks
> >
> > Saqib
> >

> .

Dear,

Yes i checked it is unchecked.

saqib

"saqib ahmad" <saqibahmad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Dear,
>
> Yes i checked it is unchecked.
>
> saqib

Saqib,

The dcdiag /v as Meinolf asked will help us diagnose this.

Can you also run and post an ipconfig /all from the current DC(s)?

This info will help us to better help you.

Thank you,

--
Ace

confers no rights.

Please reply back to the newsgroup or forum for collaboration benefit among
responding engineers, and to help others benefit from your resolution.

Ace Fekay, MCT, MCITP EA, MCTS Windows 2008 & Exchange 2007, MCSE & MCSA
2003/2000, MCSA Messaging 2003
Microsoft Certified Trainer

For urgent issues, please contact Microsoft PSS directly. Please check
http://support.microsoft.com for regional support phone numbers.

0
Ace

deleting messages from server
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I would like my messages to be deleted from the server after I delete them on my computer. There is an accounts setting (options) for this. I have it checked. In the past this worked - I deleted messages from my in box and they were then deleted from the server. This feature hasn't been working in recent months. What should I do? On 2010-02-01 20:03:58 -0500, jcd@officeformac.com said: > I would like my messages to be deleted from the server after I delete > them on my com...

Unable to report selected records in Contact and Account
Hello, I have a very strange problem. I have to make a report from the entity Contact (and Account). I have maked a report in Visual Studio 2005. When I run the report on selected records then I get a blank report-screen. When I do exact the same on an own/new entity then it works fine. Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance, Dirk ...

Deleting Posted import batches?
Evening all I have a sticky issue with needing to remove import batches that have been posted at detail level and of course backups are not available! So far I have been able to delete all the batches from the GL20000 table but there is still transactions showing up in the Trial Balance report. Does anyone have any clear idea of all the tables I will need to clear out for the affected data? thanks in advance If you have history delete the GL30000 and make sure you have no saved batches. Once this is done you will need to reconcile you financials. Utilities>Financials>Reconcile....

New Domain setup for exchange.
Hi all I use exchange 2003 on a simple AD domain. we have just brought another domain (company2.com). I assume all I have to do it tell the hosting company to forward the mx records to us (same place where the existing mx records are going) and then supply the individual users with the smtp address and that should work. Please let me know if there is anything else that I must do to start receive external emails for this new domain. Thanks in advance. f. fm wrote: > Hi all > > I use exchange 2003 on a simple AD domain. we have just brought another > domain (company2.com)....

Warning Beeping and Date Control
I added a Microsoft Monthview Control 6.0 SP4 to a form, and on the On Enter event of a few date controls on a subform, I set the controlsource property to the value of that control. The problem is that every couple of minutes the computer beeps a warning sound when this control exists. When I take it off, there is no problem. What could be the cause of this beeping. I thought that perhaps it is trying to say that there is no control source to the date control (when I haven't set it). It seems that this is not the problem. Can anyone help me? Moshe ...

How to get the key sent by RDP control sendkeys() method.
Hi all, I want to make a App runing in the RDP session, and it can receive the message sent by a RDP control SendKeys() method. I have made a successful test that the CMD.exe can receive SendKeys message. Does anyone give me any help? Thanks a lot. ec ...

Automate DELETE of TRASH
On my Exchange 2003 Server...HOW do I periodically AUTOMATE the deletion of TRASH items for all users? Thanks. You can create a Mailbox Management recipient policy. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319188/ GW wrote: > On my Exchange 2003 Server...HOW do I periodically AUTOMATE the deletion of > TRASH items for all users? > > Thanks. > > ...

SFO Install on a different domain
Our sales people want to have Sales for Outlook installed onto their laptops. Unfortunately, these laptops aren't part of the domain CRM runs on and never will be, so the install fails when it asks for the URL of the CRM server. Has anyone worked out a way around the same domain requirement for installing SFO? They can access the crm web page if neessary but we would prefer to use the Outlook client. ...

Armed Zombies to control Robot population
I announced a Robot Social/Health Crisis. Instead you guys have downgraded to threating to slit each other's throats over a computer Operating System, WIndows or Linux - the problem is with homeless Robots. The Robots are getting desperate to a point 2 were arrested and sent back to factory for disassembly, for illegally plugging into residential electric outlets to suck out power to recharge their batteries. Our state is still imposing death penalty on such offense. Then another incident was reported yesterday of a Robot nicknamed "Paranoid Android" caught stealing e...

Help
I deleted the stationary folder in the program files/Common files/microsoft shared (or something like that) directory... now I can't view my windows in the web view... where would I be able to get the blank.htm etc. back? I didn't use outlook, but I probably had it on my computer at one stage, do I have to reinstall it, thanks for any help, please post or email me! Thanks! Jenny ...

Unable to send mail to public folders
Hello, We have an exchange 2003 env. Some users, are all of a sudden unable to send to public folders they normally send to. They get an NDR but everybody else is file. Can anyone thing of anything that might cause this? Something like ACL change? GUID? Anything... Thanks What is the text of the NDR? Are they internal users or external users? Perhaps the anonymous permissions on that folder were changed? -- Jim McBee - MostlyExchange Blog: http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com - Exchange FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resources/exchange/ "xmis1" <xmis1@discuss...

How to delete the folder and its files using VC++
hi this nirub i want the information for deleting the folder and its files... here i attached my code deleting file but i cant delete the folder.. if any of one give me idea for that..... WIN32_FIND_DATA FindFileData; HANDLE hHandle; int complt; char FileName[100]; strcpy(FileName,""); char rpath[]="C:\\Sam"; char Path[]="C:\\Sam\\"; SetCurrentDirectory(Path); hHandle=FindFirstFile("*.*",&FindFileData); if(hHandle == INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE) MessageBox("Path NotF...

Deleting Duplicate Numbers In A Column: How ?
Hello, Have a long list of numbers, formatted the same, in a column. Would like to delete duplicate numbers. How can I do this, please ? Thanks, Bob Is this the only data in your sheet? If so, then enter a heading in A1 if you don't already have one (insert a new row 1 if necessary). Then highlight all the data including the heading and click Data | Filter | Advanced Filter - here you can specify to filter in place and to have Unique Records only, and then click OK. Hope this helps. Pete Robert11 wrote: > Hello, > > Have a long list of numbers, formatted the same, in a ...

Excel 2007 with delete deny can't save
Hi I have a big problem with Excel 2007. I have a shared folder on our file server where users can modify the excel files within, but can't delete them, I have set delete deny on permission. With Excel XP all was working fine, with Excel 2007 users can't save the file that have modified, if they try have an error message. The permission on the folder are: modify allow Read & execute allow List Folder Contents allow Read allow Write allow and on advanced settings Delete...

deleted my money files
I've managed to delete an lrd file or two which was sent to my recycle bin, I deleted them from there also. I have no back up file now either Is there any way of retrieving them or have i lost all my info. I can access the program and start again, but...major task. In microsoft.public.money, tew wrote: >I've managed to delete an lrd file or two which was sent to my recycle bin, I >deleted them from there also. I have no back up file now either Is there any >way of retrieving them or have i lost all my info. I can access the program >and start again, but...major tas...

Edit control redraw problem
hi all .. i am back with a new question ? well, i have a CControlBar derived class called, CBBar, which uses an edit control. I wanted to create a wordwrap effect (implemented by redefining OnContextMenu of the edit control) by destroying edit control and recreating it with the required flags set, when ever i get the wordwrap message. The child edit control implements a function to recreate the edit control window. It all seem to work fine as long as recreating the window is concerned. It cannot redraw itself even when calling the Invalidate and UpdateWindow functions. Therefore it ends up sh...

How to roll back Ex2k3 Forest/Domain Prep?
Does anyone know of an MS article that describes how to roll back the changes made in AD from running Ex2k3 forestprep and domainprep? Unless i'm mistaken, there are versions of forestprep and domainprep specifically for Ex2k3 to prepare the directory for the first Exchange 2003 server installation. We're currently in Ex2k and Win2k native mode. I'm going to run Ex2k3 "preps" this weekend, but i need to know how to undo the preps work in case something goes wrong. Any help is appreciated! "jim" <jim@NOSPAM.com> wrote in news:O#Z5GcpcFHA.3880@...

Exchange in Child Domain
Hi I hope someone can provide me with some clarity on the following: I have installed a second Exchange server in a child domain of our parent (forest root) domain on a remote site, connected by a WAN/LAN link. Currently all servers are in the same routing group in the same organisation, and everything appears fine. The servers are all present and manageable in the Exchange System Manager and users on one mailbox server can email users on the other mailbox server no problem. (We are also going to install a Front-End for OWA access). We could configure a routing group between the sites...

How do I delete a "function" from a cell in MS Excel?
When I type a number into a cell, and move on, the number inside the cell turns to "###". I just want the number to appear in the cell without any functions. Try increaseing the width of the cell. "Chris" wrote: > When I type a number into a cell, and move on, the number inside the cell > turns to "###". I just want the number to appear in the cell without any > functions. Or using a smaller font. Chris wrote: > > When I type a number into a cell, and move on, the number inside the cell > turns to "###". ...

delete for 2D arrays
if I have a 2D array of data as in: int **foo = new int *[first_dimension]; for (i=0; i<first_dimension; i++) { foo[i] = new int [second_dimension]; } will a single call to delete free my memory? delete [] foo; or do I need to delete each dimension? for (i=0; i<first_dimension; i++) { delete [] foo[i]; } delete [] foo; >if I have a 2D array of data as in: >... >will a single call to delete free my memory? >... >or do I need to delete each dimension? The latter. Dave On 13 Apr 2006 13:41:34 -0700, "SLC"...

Outlook hangs after initializing Form control
Hi there, I am developing an Outlook AddIn with VB6. For that everything works well until I try to initialize a control from the form I added in the appointment dialog. After using all the inspectors, explorers etc. I always set them to nothing to avoid any existing object instances. But when I do this: Dim ctrl_text Set ctrl_text = gBaseClass.objInsp.ModifiedFormPages("MyPage").Controls("test_text") Set ctrl_text= Nothing Outlook stays in the memory. After closing the last existing explorer I unitilize every object and even unset the class "gBaseClass" where...

unable to read excel 97 files
My laptop has the XP operating system and the oil companies we work for use the old Excel 97 spread sheets. When I try to load the files I get an "unreadable format xls." message. Is there anything I can do short of purchasing a newer version of Office? What is your version.______? Version of the files ________? If you have xl97 OR later, you should be able to open and read the xl97 files. If you have a later version and the files were saved as .xls files, you still should be able to. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Sue" <anonymous@discussions...

Unable to install RMS on Home Office Computer
I am trying to get RMS set up on my home office computer so I can manipulate the data, write and test reports, without doing damage to our actual data at work. Unfortunately, the installation routine will not let me install the MSDE. Here's the contents of the installation error log: 2005-03-02 17:00:26.92 server Server Process ID is 3720. 2005-03-02 17:00:26.92 server Logging SQL Server messages in file 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\LOG\ERRORLOG'. 2005-03-02 17:00:26.95 server SQL Server is starting at priority class 'normal'(2 CPUs detected). 20...

Transferring Domains No Longer Requires Consent
For those with their own domain names, here is an article that can either help you or mess you up, see the entire article. Basis is supposed to be to allow you to transfer from a nasty isp to a good isp, but possibly could be used by domain squatters to steal your domain : ------ Aunty Spam's Net Patrol � Transferring Domains No Longer Requires Consent - Registrars Advise That You Lock Your Domain "11/10/2004 The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) has put into place a new rule which says that if a request to transfer an Internet domain is made, and there...

Delete all Exchange V dirs
Hello all If i want to set permissions back on all Exchange V dirs in IIS to the way they were when Exchange was installed can i just delete all the V directories in IIS and then will ESM re create them back with the default settings? Thanks On Wed, 3 May 2006 11:52:02 -0700, skip <skip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello all > >If i want to set permissions back on all Exchange V dirs in IIS to the way >they were when Exchange was installed can i just delete all the V directories >in IIS and then will ESM re create them back with the default settings? > &...