Unable to delete the Dead Domain controller

Dear,

Iam working on windows server 2008 Ent Ed I have two doman controllers in
the domain both are GC but only one domain controller has all the fsmo roles
but iam having replicattion problems with the dead DC (i.e mppkw-database)
and Iam unable to delete or remove the dead domain controller from the domain
and iam having follwing problems using the ntdsutil :-
matadata cleanup
select operation target: list domains
Found 1 domain(s)
0 - DC=mediaphoneplus,DC=com
select operation target: select domain 0
No current site
Domain - DC=mediaphoneplus,DC=com
No current server
No current Naming Context

select operation target: list domains
Found 1 domain(s)
0 - DC=mediaphoneplus,DC=com
select operation target: select domain 0
No current site
Domain - DC=mediaphoneplus,DC=com
No current server
No current Naming Context
select operation target: list sites
Found 1 site(s)
0 -
CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=mediaphoneplus,DC=co
select operation target: list servers in site
No current site
No current site
Domain - DC=mediaphoneplus,DC=com
No current server
No current Naming Context
select operation target:

Thanks

Saqib

Hello saqib,

Within Windows server 2008 you are able to use AD UC or AD sites and services
to delete the DC AND automatically the AD database will be cleaned from it.
Did you try that way?

Best regards

Meinolf Weber
no rights.

> Dear,
>
> Iam working on windows server 2008 Ent Ed I have two doman controllers
> in
> the domain both are GC but only one domain controller has all the fsmo
> roles
> but iam having replicattion problems with the dead DC (i.e
> mppkw-database)
> and Iam unable to delete or remove the dead domain controller from the
> domain
> and iam having follwing problems using the ntdsutil :-
> matadata cleanup
> select operation target: list domains
> Found 1 domain(s)
> 0 - DC=mediaphoneplus,DC=com
> select operation target: select domain 0
> No current site
> Domain - DC=mediaphoneplus,DC=com
> No current server
> No current Naming Context
> select operation target: list domains
> Found 1 domain(s)
> 0 - DC=mediaphoneplus,DC=com
> select operation target: select domain 0
> No current site
> Domain - DC=mediaphoneplus,DC=com
> No current server
> No current Naming Context
> select operation target: list sites
> Found 1 site(s)
> 0 -
> CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=mediaphoneplus
> ,DC=co
> select operation target: list servers in site
> No current site
> No current site
> Domain - DC=mediaphoneplus,DC=com
> No current server
> No current Naming Context
> select operation target:
> Thanks
>
> Saqib

0
Meinolf
12/25/2009 11:35:10 PM
Dear,

Yes I tried it but still unable to delete it, as the msg says use dcpromo
wizerd to demote or delete all the objects in it like this.

Thanks

Saqib

"Meinolf Weber [MVP-DS]" wrote:

> Hello saqib,
>
> Within Windows server 2008 you are able to use AD UC or AD sites and services
> to delete the DC AND automatically the AD database will be cleaned from it.
> Did you try that way?
>
> Best regards
>
> Meinolf Weber
> Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers
> no rights.
> ** Please do NOT email, only reply to Newsgroups
> ** HELP us help YOU!!! http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm
>

> > Dear,
> >
> > Iam working on windows server 2008 Ent Ed I have two doman controllers
> > in
> > the domain both are GC but only one domain controller has all the fsmo
> > roles
> > but iam having replicattion problems with the dead DC (i.e
> > mppkw-database)
> > and Iam unable to delete or remove the dead domain controller from the
> > domain
> > and iam having follwing problems using the ntdsutil :-
> > matadata cleanup
> > select operation target: list domains
> > Found 1 domain(s)
> > 0 - DC=mediaphoneplus,DC=com
> > select operation target: select domain 0
> > No current site
> > Domain - DC=mediaphoneplus,DC=com
> > No current server
> > No current Naming Context
> > select operation target: list domains
> > Found 1 domain(s)
> > 0 - DC=mediaphoneplus,DC=com
> > select operation target: select domain 0
> > No current site
> > Domain - DC=mediaphoneplus,DC=com
> > No current server
> > No current Naming Context
> > select operation target: list sites
> > Found 1 site(s)
> > 0 -
> > CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=mediaphoneplus
> > ,DC=co
> > select operation target: list servers in site
> > No current site
> > No current site
> > Domain - DC=mediaphoneplus,DC=com
> > No current server
> > No current Naming Context
> > select operation target:
> > Thanks
> >
> > Saqib
> >

> .

Dear,

Yes i checked it is unchecked.

saqib

"saqib ahmad" <saqibahmad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Dear,
>
> Yes i checked it is unchecked.
>
> saqib

Saqib,

The dcdiag /v as Meinolf asked will help us diagnose this.

Can you also run and post an ipconfig /all from the current DC(s)?

This info will help us to better help you.

Thank you,

--
Ace

confers no rights.

Please reply back to the newsgroup or forum for collaboration benefit among
responding engineers, and to help others benefit from your resolution.

Ace Fekay, MCT, MCITP EA, MCTS Windows 2008 & Exchange 2007, MCSE & MCSA
2003/2000, MCSA Messaging 2003
Microsoft Certified Trainer

For urgent issues, please contact Microsoft PSS directly. Please check
http://support.microsoft.com for regional support phone numbers.

0
Ace

can i delete an email and skip the delete file as a single step
Can I delete an email finally without sending it first to the delete file. Can I save a step? Use SHIFT+DELETE. This works on files within Windows as well. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "Hugh" <Hugh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5940453A-705B-4A85-9766-B05B55EF1FD8@microsoft.com... > Can I delete an email finally without sending it f...

how do i retrieve an unnamed deleted document
I was working on a paper and I did not save the document I mistakingly deleted it, is there a way I can get that paper back? If you didn't save the document, you cannot retrieve the changes. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Puddyn" <Puddyn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DFD4FB4E-F998-465E-9218-0222450E300B@microsoft.com... >I was working on a paper and I did not save the document I mistakingly > deleted it, is there a way I can get that paper back? If nothing was saved, there is nothing to recover. On Dec 11, 7:11=A0a...

IE-style toolbar with controls
I am in search of some sample code for IE-style toolbar with controls on them. An example of this would be the Google toolbar. I found various examples of simple IE-style toolbar on Codeguru and Codeproject sites, and I tried adding the combobox and other controls to them (similar to the way they are added to a toolbar), but ran into several problems. Does anyone know of any code examples for this? Thanks Abhijit In short, you need a CReBar member in your mainframe window, which you create in CYourMainFrame::OnCreate () member function (e.g., m_wndReBar.Create (this)). After you have t...

move mailboxes from 5.5 to 2003, users can't delete items
We've been moving mailboxes from an Exchange 5.5 box to an Exchange 2003 SP2 system. The moves seem to work fine (no errors) but when some users go into Outlook and try to delete messages from the "deleted items" folder, they can't. No error messages occur, nothing happens. If you do a SHIFT-DEL, then the items can be deleted. We've also noticed that the "recover deleted items" option is greyed out. The client systems that seem to have the most problems are those users running Outlook 2000. I tested creating a user account with a mailbox on the 5.5 box. Sen...

how to delete a store in HQ
we deleted a store that we closed down, but in store quantity (Item> Properties) there is still showing the the Store ID. We want to use back the same Store ID What is the right way to do this. Can this be done?? you should have transferred the inventory to wherever the merchandise went so the accounting works right, but to remove the entries from the item store quantity page, try this sql command: delete from itemdynamic where storeid= (store number) Reusing the store number is a bad idea, you are better off using a new number. There are many places where new data wil...

How to I delete directories with files.
How to I delete directories with files. Thank You. ;o) You should be able to use the SHFileOperation() API. See if the following link helps you. http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/01/04/c/ -- Cheers Check Abdoul [ VC++ MVP ] ----------------------------------- "Renato T. Forti" <renato@dynamic-e.net> wrote in message news:eprdwWaRDHA.1072@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > How to I delete directories with files. > > > > Thank You. ;o) > > ...

Money including transactions from "deleted" accounts.
I have several checking acctouns with the same bank. Money auto-pulls updates from all of them. Two of the acctounts are "personal spending" for me and my wife. These contain "disposable" monies, and I don't care to categorise this spending. I've marked these two accounts as "closed" but Money still incorporates transactions from those acctounts into any Report I make. I noticed that although I marked the two acctounts as closed, and I don't see them in the acctounts register, Money is still pulling updates from these acctounts. When I try...

Delete tax details
We have over 250 tax details set up from when we computed tax using Dynamics GP. We now use Avatax for US tax and have a few foreign countries set up for VAT. Since most of the tax details were previously used on invoices, but are no longer needed can they be deleted? Thanks! You should be able to remove them as long as you remove their history too. To remove the history you will need to delete the records from the TX30000 table. Make sure to try this in a test environment first. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www...

Can Exchange 2003 empty Outlook Deleted Items Folder
How do I configure Exchange 2003 SP2 to empty old items my users' Outlook Deleted Items folder? Thanks, Mike Ober. As far as I know, you have to configure this in Outlook for each user. There aren't any settings within Exchange for this that I have seen. Hope you don't have too many users! Andy You will have to create a Mailbox Manager policy. 1. Open ESM 2. Expand the Recipients container, select the Recipient policies container, then right-click on Recipient policies and choose New, then Recipient Policy. 3. Check the Mailbox Manager settings option and click OK 4. G...

WPF : how to print text onto which control
Hi all, I can't manage to write some text onto a control, using WPF. I've found some code on the web using DrawString. It doesn't work (?) with me. I'm making my own msgbox. So I want to be able to write the texts (with font attributes and so on) onto controls. Which control (WPF) may I use to write onto it, and how can print some text onto it ? Thanks Christian "Christian Hubert-Hugoud / weabow - Xtrem7 - Groobax" <nospam@weabow.com> wrote in message news:eeH6foPxKHA.4752@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > > I can't...

Delete mailbox and keep Active Directory account?
We are using Exchange 200 along with Active Directory. Is there an way to delete the mailbox for ex-employees and still keep the Active Directory account? If not, then is there a way to basically delete all the contents of the mailbox? I have already exported the contents of these mailboxes to CD so there is no need to keep them, 53 mailboxes and 2.5GB of email. It would be great to find a solution for this so this data isn't being backed up. I know if I delete the Active Directory account the mailbox should disappear in 30 days but company policy won't let me delete the A...

unable to open exchange system manager
I am running exchange 2k3 in a active/passive (win2k) cluster. After I changed the password of the domain administrator, I am unable to open ex2k3 system manager and also cluster administrator. It gives "access denied ID: c00700005" error. I also changed the permision in the registry for WINREG key in LOCAL MACHINE/Control/... etc, but that did not help. However I can open the cluster administrator from passive node. Active node is also not showing active directory objects (displays unspecified error message)when I try to assign NTFS permisions to some folders. When I run ...

Delete Query 01-04-08
I have a simple query- dates on one table and Data (approx 20 columns) inc dates on another. I want to delete from the large table all data pertaining to the dates on the smaller table. I was looking to run a delete query to do this- can you help? -- Thanks for your help The SQL of the Delete query would look like DELETE FROM LargeTable WHERE LargeTable.DateField in (SELECT DateField FROM SmallTable) IF you can only use the QBE (Design View - query grid) then -- Open a new query -- Select the Large Table -- Select the DateField -- TYPE in the criteria under the date field - something...

OL2003 Cached Mode, problem when deleting e-mails
I received an e-mail today from a frustrated client, quoted below. "For some reason since we have started the server, when I go to Junk email or deleted email and try to clean it out...Instead of deleting the ones I highlight they multiply.... Help what do I do? Check in my deleted folder..... nightmare!" I checked the user's deleted items folder, and indeed there are a set of e-mails of which there are some 1 dozen copies of each message. Less than a couple dozen instances of this, but enough to make your head spin. I checked with the user and was informed that these dupl...

Delete old chartobject and create a new named one?
Hi, I need a subroutine that delete the old chartobject in a worksheet, create a new chartobject , name it as I want. Reason is that if the user delete the chart, I want to recreate it. I know how to protect it but feel that the user had to be able to change labels, colors etc. More than grateful to every suggestion! Kind regards tskogstrom Hi, This will delete a chart object, but not sure how you are identifying which chart object. Activesheet.chartobjects(1).delete ' create and give it a name with Activesheet.chartobjects.add(1,1,400,300) .name = "MyName" end with...

Global Address List Help (Hosting 2 mail domains)
Hi, In our organisation we have our own mail server for all our company (Let's call it Exchange Server 2003 A for Company A). We also host mail for another company (Company B) running on ASPMail Server B - so it's shared hosting in a way. Now these run fine together but when someone in our company (we are company A) select a new email in Outlook and clicks the 'To' button we get a Global Address List that contains EVERYTHING from both email servers. So we can see users on the other server. This causes problems because some names are similar and the list is just getting...

unable to retrieve archived material
I had archived some letters recently, when I retrieved them for the first time they came in ok. I closed the archive folder. When I attempted to retrieve them a second time the archive was locked. The archive icon has changed from an office icon to an undetermined program type icon and I cannot retrieve the information again. Is there some procedure that I am missing in the retrieval of the archive? ...

Alerts disabled in DoEvents loop
When running a macro that includes a loop with DoEvents alert messages are not shown to the user. In my case locked cells of protected Worksheets do not allow data entry but do not alert the user as to why. Even more problematic the content of these protected cells are delete when the delete key is pressed! This does not occur if the macro is not running. Instead an alert dialog is displayed and the action is cancelled. The problem can be reproduced with the following steps: 1. Create a Workbook and set all cells in a Worksheet to locked 2. Enter values into some of the cells 3. Prot...

Not getting mail from one domain
We have an Exchange 2003 server, sp1, not using IMF. We are unable to receive mail from a user from another company. (One company only) We delete all messages that contain virus's, and block messages with some attachments. I get all notifications when this occurs. I have had all ndr forwarded to me. but I dont see his emails coming to us. We sent an email to him and asked him to reply, and still we do not see the message. I had him send to both my work address and home address, I recieved the message from my home address, but not at work. I looked in the message tracker and ...

deleted account
Help! I thought I was deleting an account from my floppy but it deleted off of my Money 99. ALL of my checking and savings account info is gone! Is there any way to restore it? Please tell me there is. Thanks! In microsoft.public.money, Amy wrote: >Help! I thought I was deleting an account from my floppy >but it deleted off of my Money 99. ALL of my checking and >savings account info is gone! Is there any way to restore >it? Please tell me there is. Thanks! If by "account" you mean Money file, perhaps it is in your "Recycle Bin" on your comp...

Unable to send emails. Can receive emails
I get the following error message when sync email: The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Fw: Ski Trip' Server: 'smtp.comcast.net' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E Protocol: SMTP Port: 25 Secure(SSL): Yes Socket Error: 10060 I have tried checking SSL to see if this woule correct the problem but is has not. Any help would be appreciated David I don't know why checking SSL would be appropriate. According to the error message, (that seems to lack a little info), SSL was checked before /this/ error message appeared. Uncheck it. I ...

form control
Hello i have query with a field called 'consultant' the query runs via critieria from a 'form' list box i.e. [forms]![form1]![consultant] (this sits in the criteria field in the query) how do i get this to pick up mulitiply enteries in the listbox or (text box) like John OR dave because at the moment it will only pick up one entry Thanks Steve You will need some code to loop through the ItemsSelected collection of the multi-select list box, and build the Filter/WhereCondition. Here's an example of how to do it: Use a multi-select list box to filter a repor...

Symantec Email Proxy Deleted Message
Hi all Please excuse me asking this question here but I get little help from Symantec! I'm using Norton Internet Security 2004 with Outlook 2004 and I'm continually receiving the following email in my Inbox Subject: Symantec Email Proxy Deleted Message Message Body: From: henry.capelle@mailhec.net To: john@datasafe.org.uk Subject: Mail Delivery (failure john@datasafe.org.uk) I have no idea who henry.capelle@mailhec.net is!! I've disabled scanning of outgoing emails, disabled spam detecion but still get the emails. Anyone help? Regards John Please post a solution someone...

How to insert gif or any other animation into richedit control?
How to insert gif or any other animation into richedit control? Knowledge Base Q220844 HOWTO: Insert a Bitmap Into an RTF Document Using the RichEdit Control -- Command what is yours Conquer what is not Microsoft Most Valuable Professional [VC++] http://www.csdn.net/develop/author/netauthor/jiangsheng/ http://blog.joycode.com/jiangsheng/ http://jiangsheng.blogone.net "Steven.Xiang" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> д���ʼ� news:234A657F-AD07-496E-AB9E-6F25086A18FD@microsoft.com... > How to insert gif or any other animation into richedit control? I had already look i...

Use SQL to delete record from underlying query
I have a form that is a main and subform. The subform uses dlookup to find multiple values that are used as defaults for the current record. This process is complex and ends up using code to modify bound fields. This works great until I want to cancel the update. If the user wants to add a record, this form is loaded and all of the prior settings from the underlying tables are brought in. If I then click Cancel to close the form and not complete the new entry, the record is saved anyway. I understand why the record is saved by Access. I wanted to delete the just added record as a roundabout ...