Possible to get rid of without rebuilding everything?

Hi all,

Back to years ago, the consultant set up our forest
with empty root domain and one child domain.  Right
now, the forest functional level is windows 2003.
and all DCs are windows 2003 domain controller. All users
and servers are on the child domain.

Currently, we are thinking to move to Windows 2008
DCs.  If we need to get rid of the empty root domain.
is this possible without affecting our applications
(exchange etc..)?  BTW, why is the reason to keep this
empty root domain?

Thank you!

You are stuck with the root domain forever.  Root domain is no longer
considered a best practice, the fewer domains the better.

--
Paul Bergson
MVP - Directory Services

http://www.pbbergs.com

Please no e-mails, any questions should be posted in the NewGroups.  This
posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights.
"ed" <ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> Back to years ago, the consultant set up our forest
> with empty root domain and one child domain.  Right
> now, the forest functional level is windows 2003.
> and all DCs are windows 2003 domain controller. All users
> and servers are on the child domain.
>
> Currently, we are thinking to move to Windows 2008
> DCs.  If we need to get rid of the empty root domain.
> is this possible without affecting our applications
> (exchange etc..)?  BTW, why is the reason to keep this
> empty root domain?
>
> Thank you!

0
Paul
4/7/2010 6:36:39 PM
Build a whole new Forest/Domain with the 2008

Do a normal Domain Migration.

Use the Active Directory Migration Tool  (ADMT) for the Domain.

Use Exmerge combined with the Swing Server method for Exchange.

The Docs and Guide for both products will tell you all you need to know to
use them.  The are several KB Docs for using the Swing Server Method for
Exchange.

The Domain Migration can be spead over time, but I don't recommend
stretching it out too rediculasly long.

Exchange with Exmerge needs to be done start to finish in once shot after
the mailbox contents are copied accross with Exmerge.  But you can take you
time with it up to the point just before you use Exmerge because until then
the "swing server exchange" is not really being used for anything yet.

In the end, the quicker you complete the whole entire process after begining
it the better off you are,...so don't drag it out any longer than you are
forced to do.

--
Phillip Windell

"ed" <ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> Back to years ago, the consultant set up our forest
> with empty root domain and one child domain.  Right
> now, the forest functional level is windows 2003.
> and all DCs are windows 2003 domain controller. All users
> and servers are on the child domain.
>
> Currently, we are thinking to move to Windows 2008
> DCs.  If we need to get rid of the empty root domain.
> is this possible without affecting our applications
> (exchange etc..)?  BTW, why is the reason to keep this
> empty root domain?
>
> Thank you!

0
Phillip
4/7/2010 7:20:41 PM
Thank you for your help.

That's what I thought and that's the design that the consultant did for us
years agao.

If we need to get rid of the empty root, domain, that means we need to
rebuild everything (servers and users etc...), right?

"Paul Bergson [MVP-DS]" wrote:

> You are stuck with the root domain forever.  Root domain is no longer
> considered a best practice, the fewer domains the better.
>
> --
> Paul Bergson
> MVP - Directory Services
> MCITP - Enterprise Administrator
> MCTS, MCT, MCSE, MCSA, MCP, Security +, BS CSci
> 2008, Vista, 2003, 2000 (Early Achiever), NT4
> Microsoft's Thrive IT Pro of the Month - June 2009
>
> http://www.pbbergs.com
>
> Please no e-mails, any questions should be posted in the NewGroups.  This
> posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights.
> "ed" <ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Back to years ago, the consultant set up our forest
> > with empty root domain and one child domain.  Right
> > now, the forest functional level is windows 2003.
> > and all DCs are windows 2003 domain controller. All users
> > and servers are on the child domain.
> >
> > Currently, we are thinking to move to Windows 2008
> > DCs.  If we need to get rid of the empty root domain.
> > is this possible without affecting our applications
> > (exchange etc..)?  BTW, why is the reason to keep this
> > empty root domain?
> >
> > Thank you!
>

> .

I would agree with Phillip and start over with a new domain and migrate, if
you have the time and resources.

--

"Phillip Windell" <philwindell@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Build a whole new Forest/Domain with the 2008
>
> Do a normal Domain Migration.
>
> Use the Active Directory Migration Tool  (ADMT) for the Domain.
>
> Use Exmerge combined with the Swing Server method for Exchange.
>
> The Docs and Guide for both products will tell you all you need to know to
> use them.  The are several KB Docs for using the Swing Server Method for
> Exchange.
>
> The Domain Migration can be spead over time, but I don't recommend
> stretching it out too rediculasly long.
>
> Exchange with Exmerge needs to be done start to finish in once shot after
> the mailbox contents are copied accross with Exmerge.  But you can take
> you time with it up to the point just before you use Exmerge because until
> then the "swing server exchange" is not really being used for anything
> yet.
>
> In the end, the quicker you complete the whole entire process after
> begining it the better off you are,...so don't drag it out any longer than
> you are forced to do.
>

> --
> Phillip Windell
>
> The views expressed, are my own and not those of my employer, or
> Microsoft,
>

> "ed" <ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Back to years ago, the consultant set up our forest
>> with empty root domain and one child domain.  Right
>> now, the forest functional level is windows 2003.
>> and all DCs are windows 2003 domain controller. All users
>> and servers are on the child domain.
>>
>> Currently, we are thinking to move to Windows 2008
>> DCs.  If we need to get rid of the empty root domain.
>> is this possible without affecting our applications
>> (exchange etc..)?  BTW, why is the reason to keep this
>> empty root domain?
>>
>> Thank you!

0
Paul
4/7/2010 7:28:47 PM
Thanks for your help.

If I build the new domain, migrate the users to the new domain.  What about
our exchange servers?  that means that I need to build the new exchange
servers in the new domain.  I can not use the movebox since it's in the
seperate forest, right?  What about all others app servers?  I have to
re-join the domain?  Also, all workstations need to rejoin the domain?  We
have some apps that needed to extend the schema too.  That means these
application we need to reinstall also.
Definitely, we have downtime.

I would rather just keep empty root domain, ask your insights on this.

thank you.

> Thanks for your help.
>
> If I build the new domain, migrate the users to the new domain.  What
> about
> our exchange servers?  that means that I need to build the new exchange
> servers in the new domain.  I can not use the movebox since it's in the
> seperate forest, right?  What about all others app servers?  I have to
> re-join the domain?  Also, all workstations need to rejoin the domain?  We
> have some apps that needed to extend the schema too.  That means these
> application we need to reinstall also.
> Definitely, we have downtime.
>
> I would rather just keep empty root domain, ask your insights on this.
>
> thank you.

That depends on the version of Exchange currently running, and going to. Can
you describe the Exchange installation in more detail, such as version, how
many, if installed on a DC, and which version you want to go to?

You can also opt to use the Exmerge tool 2-step method. Step 1, export to
PST, and Step 2, import from the PSTs. This assumed ADMT was used to migrate
the users first into the new forest. It uses the Exchange Alias to match the
PST names. Public FOlders are migrated using PST method. You can spend some
money on third party tools too, such as from Quest, to make it easier.

As for AD, I agree with the others it will be beneficial to start from
scratch.

--
Ace

confers no rights.

Please reply back to the newsgroup or forum for collaboration benefit among
responding engineers, and to help others benefit from your resolution.

Ace Fekay, MVP, MCT, MCITP EA, MCTS Windows 2008 & Exchange 2007, MCSE &
MCSA 2003/2000, MCSA Messaging 2003
Microsoft Certified Trainer
Microsoft MVP - Directory Services

If you feel this is an urgent issue and require immediate assistance, please
contact Microsoft PSS directly. Please check http://support.microsoft.com
for regional support phone numbers.

0
Ace
4/7/2010 11:08:11 PM
Hello ed,

Without a complete migration with ADMT you cannot get rid of the empty root
domain, so you have to keep it or migrate. I prefer the latter. Are there
any other applications then Exchange and which version is used, also from
Exchange?

Best regards

Meinolf Weber
no rights.

> Hi all,
>
> Back to years ago, the consultant set up our forest
> with empty root domain and one child domain.  Right
> now, the forest functional level is windows 2003.
> and all DCs are windows 2003 domain controller. All users
> and servers are on the child domain.
> Currently, we are thinking to move to Windows 2008 DCs.  If we need to
> get rid of the empty root domain. is this possible without affecting
> our applications (exchange etc..)?  BTW, why is the reason to keep
> this empty root domain?
>
> Thank you!

0
Meinolf
4/8/2010 6:01:20 AM
Howdie!

On 07.04.2010 23:46, ed wrote:
> If I build the new domain, migrate the users to the new domain.  What about
> our exchange servers?  that means that I need to build the new exchange
> servers in the new domain.  I can not use the movebox since it's in the
> seperate forest, right?  What about all others app servers?  I have to
> re-join the domain?  Also, all workstations need to rejoin the domain?  We
> have some apps that needed to extend the schema too.  That means these
> application we need to reinstall also.
> Definitely, we have downtime.
>
> I would rather just keep empty root domain, ask your insights on this.

If there's the option, I'd probably leave the empty root alone. If it
isn't an issue for you and you learned to live with it, leave it. It is
a way greater hassle to build up a new forest with a domain and migrate
users/machines and applications in there.

Again, that depends on whether you "suffer" from the empty root or if
it's just working and you're wondering what you can do about it.

Cheers,
Florian
0
Florian
4/8/2010 6:37:08 AM
Not rebuild just migrate to a new forest.

--

> Thank you for your help.
>
> That's what I thought and that's the design that the consultant did for us
> years agao.
>
> If we need to get rid of the empty root, domain, that means we need to
> rebuild everything (servers and users etc...), right?
>

> "Paul Bergson [MVP-DS]" wrote:
>
>> You are stuck with the root domain forever.  Root domain is no longer
>> considered a best practice, the fewer domains the better.
>>
>> --
>> Paul Bergson
>> MVP - Directory Services
>> MCITP - Enterprise Administrator
>> MCTS, MCT, MCSE, MCSA, MCP, Security +, BS CSci
>> 2008, Vista, 2003, 2000 (Early Achiever), NT4
>> Microsoft's Thrive IT Pro of the Month - June 2009
>>
>> http://www.pbbergs.com
>>
>> Please no e-mails, any questions should be posted in the NewGroups.  This
>> posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights.
>> "ed" <ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi all,
>> >
>> > Back to years ago, the consultant set up our forest
>> > with empty root domain and one child domain.  Right
>> > now, the forest functional level is windows 2003.
>> > and all DCs are windows 2003 domain controller. All users
>> > and servers are on the child domain.
>> >
>> > Currently, we are thinking to move to Windows 2008
>> > DCs.  If we need to get rid of the empty root domain.
>> > is this possible without affecting our applications
>> > (exchange etc..)?  BTW, why is the reason to keep this
>> > empty root domain?
>> >
>> > Thank you!
>>

>> .

0
Paul
4/8/2010 12:29:14 PM
Generally speaking,...you create temporary Exchange Servers as "swing
servers".

Assuming 2003 or older you use Exmerge to copy the mailbox contents into the
new mail boxes on the Temp servers.  (..or was it Ex2007 and older,...I
can't remember)

When completed, you flatten the old Exchange boxes and build them back up
"new" in the new Domain in the new Exchange organization.  Then use the
"move mailbox" ability that Exchange has built in to move the mailbox from
the Temp Exchange to the Permanent one,..."swinging" the mailboxes to the
proper Exchange,...hence the term "swing server" in reference to the Temp
Exchange box.

Then gracefully remove the Temp Exchange boxes via the proper practices.

All details are found in the documentation of the ADMT and Exmerge (if 2003
or older) and the rest is found in a few KB articles that are easily googled
for.  Sorry I don't have the links handy or I would post them.

--
Phillip Windell

Phillip
4/8/2010 1:55:13 PM
Just a thought guys,....

Since the Root is "empty",..it is possible to mirgate from the Child into
the Root (a migration *within* the Forest)?

If so, than can that be followed up by removing the Child Domain gracefully
after that?

--
Phillip Windell

"ed" <ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> Back to years ago, the consultant set up our forest
> with empty root domain and one child domain.  Right
> now, the forest functional level is windows 2003.
> and all DCs are windows 2003 domain controller. All users
> and servers are on the child domain.
>
> Currently, we are thinking to move to Windows 2008
> DCs.  If we need to get rid of the empty root domain.
> is this possible without affecting our applications
> (exchange etc..)?  BTW, why is the reason to keep this
> empty root domain?
>
> Thank you!

0
Phillip

getting a users and usergroups
Hi, This isn't really a mfc question more a win32 question. I've googled and search msdn but I havn't found any good information. I need to (on w2k) make a list of users and usergroups on the domain. any thoughts of what functions I should look in to? thanks /Niklas On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 17:32:04 +0200, Niklas Olsson wrote: >But when I try to enum groups I get back "None" (with both NetGroupEnum and >the NetQuery...) You'd better post your code here (just the NetGroupEnum version) so we can take a look. Just the function that sets up the structs and calls N...

How to get the applications folder path
what is the VBA command to get the application folder path in mac office 2004? Can't be done in VBA: look in the AppleScript dictionary. On 4/12/09 1:09 AM, in article A72637CD-D311-45BE-AA70-7B5AE24CADC5@microsoft.com, "Mac Office Developer" <MacOfficeDeveloper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > what is the VBA command to get the application folder path in mac office 2004? -- The email below is my business email -- Please do not email me about forum matters unless I ask you to; or unless you intend to pay! John McGhie, Microsoft MVP (Word, Mac Wo...

Outlook 2003
When starting Outlook 2003 I get a message to say that it encountered a problem and needs to close - send error report or dont send. Either response brings up another dialog box advising that Outlook failed to start correctly last time and that I should start in safe mode to help correct or isolate a start up problem etc. Choices are - do you want to start Outlook in safe mode - yes or no. The no response returns me to the previous dialogue box while the yes response starts up Outlook in safe mode with all of its limitations (eg, not able to attach a file with an outgoing emai...

Getting row indexes on Range
(I refer to C# code, but answers in VB are welcome) I have a Range in Excel, which includes several cells (the cells the user selected in the Excel sheet). The range might include the following cells A2, B7, G4. This means that the cells might not be connected. If I look at myRange.Cells.Count, it will return 3. If I look at myRange.Row, it will return 2 (if A2 was the first selected row by the user). Now, I need to get the row numbers of all selected rows, so in the above range, I need an int[] of {2, 7, 4}. But I can't see any solution to go through the Cells and get t...

I cannot read forwarded messages. I only get an email address
For some reason, when someone forwards a message to me all that shows up is the email address of the person who originally sent the message. Any ideas? Change your View>Encoding setting. "Michelle10000" wrote: > For some reason, when someone forwards a message to me all that shows up is > the email address of the person who originally sent the message. Any ideas? ...

How do you get the maximum value to display in text box form
In a form, if I have 4 text boxes and 3 of them will contain a number. How do you get the maximum value to display in the 4th. I have tried many different things, I can make it work for a single field in a table, but that finds the value through all records. I just want it to display the max value from the numbers on the form, which could be different for various records. You could use something like this as the Control Source of the 4th text box (the underscore is for ease of reading here, and must be removed from the Control Source): =IIf([Field1]>[Field2] And [Field1]>[Field3],...

Can't get Date Range to work from Form to Report
Hi, I've followed Allen Browne's directions very closely for creating a form for a date range to limit results to that date range on a report and can not get it to work for some reason. I've read many threads on this board which all say the same thing and it seems to work for everyone else. :( Here's what I have: A form with two unbound text boxes called [txtDateBegin] and [txtDateEnd]. The form is called "frmDateRange" and the report is called "Sales Activity Report". The two unbound text boxes are set to "Short Date" format which the user ...

Possible to turn off graph refresh temporarily?
Graphs in 2007 are very slow to refresh after refreshing a data connection. When I remove the 30 graphs in my spreadsheet and refresh the data connections, it refreshes in less than a second. When the graphs are present, it's more than 10 seconds. Is there any way (VBA?) to disable the refreshing of the graphs until after the data connection refreshes have completed, and then to re-enable them? Kind of like a "manual calculation" mode for graphs. Thanks! I'm not aware of anything that allows you to stop the graph refreshing as such. However, you might be able to get ...

How do I get a split screen for mail and calendar in Outlook?
You used to be able to have your calendar on the right and email in the middle on a split screen. I can't find that option anymore and am wondering if it still exists and if so, where. I don't want to have to toggle between email and calendar. Any suggestions? Outlook 2007 - on the to do bar on far right click the "<<" at the top. Opens the To Do bar with calendar that has days with appointments hilited and upcoming appointments listed below calendar. "rakugirl2001" <rakugirl2001@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A5...

Getting rid of blank rows withouth deleting them
Hi, i have a list that looks like this 22 43 22 41 ... I need the list to be together 22 43 22 41 ... However i can't use a macro or something to delete the entire ro because other worksheets are related to the cells, so when i delte th row, the #ref thing apears, somebody know a formula or something tha can help me? Thanks a lo -- sams ----------------------------------------------------------------------- samsg's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1624 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27725 You could fi...

need to get rid error message
Last month I tried to install Symantec's Winfax software on my XP Pro machine. For whatever reason, it kept crashing during the installation, and I couldn't figure out a way around it. Now whenever I first start Word or Excel, I get an error message that says: Compile error in hidden module: WinFaxPrintAndMerge I can click OK and it goes away, but what do I need to do to make it so that message doesn't appear again? In other words, how do I fix whatever it is that it thinks is wrong? Any help you can provide would be much appreciated. Thanks. By the way, I'm usin...

Getting local Time and date for the local computer(vista OS)
Hi I am working with Vista(one of a kind), and have a MFC application and would like to add small code that will get current time and date from the local compuetr. i meet an example in MSDN : http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa390423(VS.85).aspx but it looks too long for what i am looking, is there a 1 function API that returns the Date and the time ? thanks for your time Zack >Hi I am working with Vista(one of a kind), >and have a MFC application and would like to add small code that will get >current time and date from the local compuetr. >i meet an example in MSDN...

If Function Possibilities
Is there a way to set up in a cell A1, something like... If the formula used in cell B1 is "here I would type the actual formula in," then display the words "works," else display "mistake" ? -- rheller ------------------------------------------------------------------------ rheller's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24081 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=377045 That's a pretty cryptic post. Do you mean: In A1: =IF(B1=n,"Works","Mistake") where 'n...

OWA 5.5 to Exchange 2003 Server
I've customized OWA 5.5 to emulate the custom message form we use in OL. This doenst appear to be as doable in OWA 2003. Is there a way to run OWA 5.5 against the EX2003 server? On a clone of the old OWA 5.5 sever I've tried modifying the org, site, and server entries under the MSExchangeWEB\Parameters entries to point to the EX2003 server but I get "The Microsoft Exchange server is down or the HTTP service has been disabled...". Originally I tried it when I tried migrating and I thought it worked, but now I loaded EX2003 from scratch and subsequently it doesnt. If I ...

How to get the envelope back
Hi, A few days ago I got an email, however after reading it the envelope was still in the task bar so I right clicked on it and selected hide envelope. Now the envelope doesn't appear at all, is there a way to get it back? Thanks for your help. The option to turn that back on should be here in OL2003: Tools menu > Options > Email > Advanced "Shaun" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:eoTmU8UtFHA.1256@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > A few days ago I got an email, however after reading it the envelope was > still in the task bar so I r...

getting rid of the standard mfc icon (in taskbar)
i made an application based on mfc, and used the standard mfc icon up until now. i thought changing it would be a simple task. in the resource editor i got rid of all mfc icons in various resolutions, and replaced it with my own icon in 3 different resolutions. it does work in almost all the places: the main window is shown with the correct icon, the taskbar shows correctly with the icon, even MessageBox() shows the icon now, but as soon as i do open a MessageBox while my main-window is shown, the counter in taskbar moves up to two (you know how windows xp groups together tasks with th...

How to get the resource from Resource Only Dll
hmod=LoadLibrary("testdll.dll"); hr=FindResource(hmod,MAKEINTRESOURCE(504),"GIF"); if(hr == NULL) MessageBox("This is not working"); else MessageBox("This is working"); here, i am try to get the image(gif) resource,which is stored in the dll(for example testdll.dll). Where as image resource type is "GIF" And resource ID is 504. But i am unable to find the resource. But when i try this FindResource(hmod,MAKEINTRESOURCE(501),RT_BITMAP); Where i have also stored an BITMAP file, and tried find the resource . i have succeded in th...

Excel 2002
....I have a large amount of amount to produce multiple charts from, so using Autofilter is a bit of a necessity. Using the Chart Wizard, I can easily select the filtered data range but it doesn't seem possible to select the (filtered) headings as the X-axis (time period). Any ideas or workrounds? Thanks in advance, Amanda when you set up your autofilter range leave the row you want to use for your axis out of the range. "Birmangirl" wrote: > ...I have a large amount of amount to produce multiple charts from, so using > Autofilter is a bit of a necessity. Using the...

No Sponsoring - We Advertise
No Sponsoring - We Advertise - You Get $8,100 or else we continue to Advertise! Welcome to DollarsBlaster.com! You are invited to join one of the most rewarding financial ventures - online! There is nothing complicated to learn! The entire process is based on two ONE-TIME payments of $9 and a one time hosting fee of $7. But, as you'll learn very quickly, the revenue returned to you can range anywhere, up to $8,100, and above! Are you sick and tired of Sponsoring and Advertising? <O:P></O:P> Join us and we will keep advertising for you until we blast $8,100 in your Pa...

I am trying to get access to display leading zeros and auto numbe
we use a sequential number system that begins new each month but we need it to hold 4 places 0001, 0002. etc. I would like to know if Access will do this. "Donna" <Donna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:484176CC-EFDE-48BB-BF18-C5BEFD695710@microsoft.com... > we use a sequential number system that begins new each month but we need > it > to hold 4 places 0001, 0002. etc. I would like to know if Access will do > this. Yes, but ... You can't use the built-in autonumber field to do what you want. Therefore you'll need so...

Left Join dilemma is this possible?
I am trying to create a recordset in Excel 2000 from two Access 2000 tables to include all items from the first table "Liquor" and only items from the second table "LiquorOrders" that match either a date or an order number. I have 19 items in the first table and I would like to select all 19 items and only these 19 items with a Status = True, with corresponding data from the "LiquorOrders" with blanks where an order for an item was not placed on that specific date or order number. This at first seemed possible but after much researching and experimentation I hav...

How to get the caption?
I write a program what to get text from a window and its subwindow,but sometimes I input a caption like IE,Outlook etc,it display: Default IME Look: CGettextDlg* gl; BOOL CALLBACK GetCont(HWND hCWnd,LPARAM lParam) { char ss[1000]; ::SendMessage(hCWnd,WM_GETTEXT,1000,(LPARAM)ss); gl->m_strEdit2=ss; gl->UpdateData(false); return true; } void CGettextDlg::OnButton1() { // TODO: Add your control notification handler code here CString strName; UpdateData(); strName=m_strEdit1; gl=this; HWND hWnd=::FindWindow(NULL,strName); EnumChildWindows(hWnd,GetCont,0); } how to get ...

How to get rid of error with WFOLADIN.DLL? TIA!
I uninstalled WinFax but I get an error message when I open Outlook 2003 saying "C:\Doc...etc..\wfoladin.dll is not a valid Office AddIn." I looked in the folder though and the file doesn't exist any more. Suggestions on how to get rid of the error message? Much thanks!!! Remove the WinFax Pro extensions in the Add-in Manager (Tools > Options > Other > Advanced Options...) -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "scripteez" <scripteez@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:3gkd105q664tsocnhsak0f12h1cnttc3nl@4ax.com... > I uninstalled WinFax but I get an error me...

why getting event 9551 warnings?
I thought that when you switched to native mode (which we have) that these problems with zombie ACL's went away. Why are we still getting these errors? (running Exch 2003 SP1) Thx, J. ...

Did Publisher 2007 get left behind?
Did Publisher 2007 somehow escape the Office 2007 redesign that was done to Word, Excel, etc. I don't see the ribbon and it doesn't appear to be using the .pubx filetype. Publisher is Office's black sheep... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Lurfys Maw" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message news:haql44p59ts3k3j7b9rd2nkldnliqrk9qd@4ax.com... > Did Publisher 2007 somehow escape the Office 2007 redesign that was > done to Word, Excel, etc. I don't see the ribbon and it doesn'...