Permitting certain users to edit GP

Hi,

Does anyone know how I can allow a certain user to edit GP though the Group
Policy Management console? I can only seem to do it if I grant the user to be
a member of domain admins. (Using Win Server 2008 Ent R2).

Any info is appreciated. Many thanks.

Mehds

Please repost at
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserverDS/threads?page=1

--
Paul Bergson
MVP - Directory Services

http://www.pbbergs.com   Twitter - @pbbergs

Please no e-mails, any questions should be posted in the NewGroups.  This
posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights.
"Mehdis" <Mehdis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know how I can allow a certain user to edit GP though the
> Group
> Policy Management console? I can only seem to do it if I grant the user to
> be
> a member of domain admins. (Using Win Server 2008 Ent R2).
>
> Any info is appreciated. Many thanks.
>
> Mehds

0
Paul
7/2/2010 12:10:53 PM
Thanks

"Paul Bergson [MVP-DS]" wrote:

> Please repost at
> http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserverDS/threads?page=1
>
> --
> Paul Bergson
> MVP - Directory Services
> MCITP - Enterprise Administrator
> MCTS, MCT, MCSE, MCSA, MCP, Security +, BS CSci
> 2008, Vista, 2003, 2000 (Early Achiever), NT4
> Microsoft's Thrive IT Pro of the Month - June 2009
>
> http://www.pbbergs.com   Twitter - @pbbergs
>
> Please no e-mails, any questions should be posted in the NewGroups.  This
> posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights.
> "Mehdis" <Mehdis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > Does anyone know how I can allow a certain user to edit GP though the
> > Group
> > Policy Management console? I can only seem to do it if I grant the user to
> > be
> > a member of domain admins. (Using Win Server 2008 Ent R2).
> >
> > Any info is appreciated. Many thanks.
> >
> > Mehds
>

> .

GP 10.0 Fresh Installation
I am trying to install GP 10.0 Trial Version on my laptop. Once when I tried half-way through the installation I had to abort installation. Subsequently after uninstalling all the installed component I restarted installation. Pre-requisite component installation window appears and installs Dextrity components. Next when I try installation using Autorun.inf file I get error "Installation Failed". If I try invoking Setup.exe directly nothing happens. Can someone help me? Hi pvravindran If this is a French Canadian Installation, I would recommend you contact Strophe (www.strop...

Reinstalling MS Office Small Buisness Edition, 2003
When reinstalling MS Office 2003 from the orginal CD, it states a PA561401.CAB file is missing. How can I retrieve this file if it's not on the installtion disk? Dave Is your CD an OEM version or a full MS version. If the product key contains the letters OEM then post back -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Dave" <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:224E1F6F-7FF7-44F0-8973-A4974CB9AC0D@microsoft.com... > When reinstalling MS Offic...

Upgrading to 9.0 on Windows Server 2003 64bit Edition
We are upgrading from 7.0 to 9.0. We have new SQL Servers on which we will perform the upgrade and move into production once complete replacing our existing servers. These SQL Servers are running Windows Server 2003 Enterprise x64 Edition. When attempting to install either GP v7.0 or v7.5 the error message "The image file ...\CDSetup.exe is valid, but is for a machine type other than the current machine." is presented and the installation script will not initialize. Is it possible to install GP 7.0 or 7.5 on the 64bit version of Windows Server 2003 or must we install the 32 bit v...

Prevent User to grant mailbox access permission
Hi, there, By default, in Outlook user can grant other user access permission to his/her mailbox folder. But, our company doesn't want this. Is there anyway to prevent user to grant access permission to his/her own mailbox and sub- folders? Any input is much appreciated. David ...

How to add another user's Contacts folder to my Address Book?
Background: Exchange 2003 Server w/ Outlook 2000/2003 clients. I can add any Contacts folders in my mailbox to my Address Book by going into the Properties of the folder and checking "Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book" on the "Outlook Address Book" tab. However, if I have another user's mailbox (to which I have full permission) in my Folder List, I do not have this option in any of their Contacts folders. How do I add another user's Contacts folder, displayed in my Folder List, to my Address Book? TIA, roshan After a bit of research on SlipStick.com...

Is it possible to log the user's IP address or computer name?
We have Exchange 5.5 here and some users know other's email password. Is there anyway to log the machine IP address since under the property store you can only see the last logon with the user. Can't tell anything if multiple users sign on simultaneously? Lisa ...

deleting CRM users??
Is there a way to delete the users from the users folder? It doesn't seem like you can get rid of them or change the groups that they belong to if you make a mistake, etc. You can't delete CRM users, you just have to disable them. "wlandymore" wrote: > Is there a way to delete the users from the users folder? It doesn't seem > like you can get rid of them or change the groups that they belong to if you > make a mistake, etc. Hi, It is possible to hard delete a users in the ms crm database, but of course this is not supported. If you chose to delete this...

Outlook 2007, proofing options greyed out in Editing Options dialog
I've just uninstalled the Office 2007 trial and installed a retail copy of Outlook 2007. For reasons I won't go into I've reverted to Office 2000, with the exception of Outlook, which didn't work with Vista. While the Outlook editor still autocorrects spelling mistakes, I noticed it isn't underlining unknown words in red any more. When I go into the Editor Options and select Proofing, all the options in the Microsoft Office Section are available to me, but the Outlook specific ones are all greyed out. Moreover, in neither of these sections is there a "Hide spe...

Refreshing a User Defined Function
To all: On Sheet 1 of my workbook, I have a date in cell A1. In the next sheet, I want the same date as the previous sheet plus seven days. When I copy the latest sheet, I want it to reference the sheet located prior to it rather than referencing the original sheet (Sheet 1). After copying 52 worksheets, I want each of them to reference the sheet located just prior to each of the sheets. I found this User Defined Function posted here on this discussion site and it works great except for one thing. If I change the original date on Sheet 1, the UDF does not automatically update. Is...

Historical Stock Status As of Date
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00A5_01C8845C.ADFC9B50 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello, I'd like to know whether anyone has encountered an issue wherein the As = of Date that is printed in the Historical Stock Status Detailed by Item = does not follow the date as indicated in the report options screen. = Currently we are trying to print the said report but no matter what date = we put in, the As of Date that prints on the report is set to 30 Jan = 2008. Is there anything that we...

Using skins in a multiline edit box
Hi, I have a dialog based application, in which I have a multi-line edit control. In the edit control, I would like to have a background image, say some .bmp file. Some status messages are to be displayed in the edit control, based on certain user actions in the dialog. How do I go about this? Thanks, Sucharit you can do it, i think, if you were to create a class which inherited from the edit control, then in the override the OnDraw()/OnPaint() event, where you first get the rect, and draw your bitmap resource, then call the parent event method to do the rest... I don't know if t...

Do I need Publisher installed to read/edit articles in an e-mail?
I will be receiving e-mails with attachments containing Publisher2002 created articles. Do I need to have Publisher 2002 or later editions in order to read and edit these e-mail articles? On Mon, 7 Nov 2005 22:20:03 +0000, quilter512 wrote (in article <E5DAA762-0ABA-49C2-8DDB-9A0D05162496@microsoft.com>): > I will be receiving e-mails with attachments containing Publisher2002 created > articles. Do I need to have Publisher 2002 or later editions in order to > read and edit these e-mail articles? You can answer your own question by STFW. You not heard of Google Grou...

Logged in as wrong user
I did try posting onto a previous question on this topic but haven't had a reply as it is way down the list of postings so perhaps noone has noticed it. I have somehow managed to get myself in a knot - when I try and log onto CRM from my PC as myself I am ending up logged on as CRM Admin. I have obviously checked a box about "remember password" or somesuch but deleting cookies and restarting the PC hasn't helped (although everywhere else is now prompting me to re-enter my login details). All previous references to this explain the problem but don't tell me how to ...

Limited User can't use Money
I've installed Money 2004 in hopes to clear this same problem I had with 2001, to no avail. I installed Money 04 with my System Administrator acct. It works fine for me. But when my wife tries with her Limited Account, she cannot get access. How do I get her access to this program and data? I've tried installing it in the All Users dir, but no help. I really don't want to give her Sys Admin priveleges just to use Money. Thanks to anyone that can help. MS Support has no info on this, nor does a Google search turn anything up. If she creates a new Money file, can you b...

How to detect when user switches between open forms?
The user can have multiple non-modal, restored, forms open at once and can switch between them as they want, often by just clicking on their titlebars. These forms are all instances of F_URL. I am using Vista, Access 2007. How do I run a routine anytime the user switches form? F_URL.GotFocus doesn't fire because the Focus event only fires for the particular control that has the focus on the form, and, there are many such possible controls. F_URL.Activate doesn't fire. So, four possibilities as far as I can see: 1. There is probably some obvious event that I'm ju...

Sharing folders between User Accounts on same PC
Non of my data is stored on C: but on another partition on the drive. I have several User Accounts for different hobbies, etc. I want to share a folder so it is viweable on the desktops of the User Accounts, but I don't want to move the folder onto C: - I want it to stay in it's location. Is this possible? TIA. "Richard" <noggod@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:eadR9R0HLHA.1868@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Non of my data is stored on C: but on another partition on the drive. > > I have several User Accounts for different hobbies, etc. &...

Inventory User Categories
hey guys I was wondering of anyone knows how to get the description for Inventory user categories to appear on a report or which table the actual description is held on. I know how to use the user categories from the item master table - but i want to use the description that is entered against this category in item category setup. thanks Theo, I just tred adding it and am sorry to say that it seems difficult in RW. At the very least, you would need to use vba to read the Item Category setup table - IV40600. You could use retrieveGlobals and ADO to read the table and return the value to t...

Edit control
Hi, I have a dialog window to display as modal, in the dialog , there is a edit control, the focus is in edit control, I want to catch the enter key when user press enter in edit control, but the dialog close when I press enter key(I donot want to close the dialog). How can I catch the enter pressed message in dialog? Thanks Jessie Hi Jassie, Note that any time you press enter and if the focus is in an edit ctrl the CDialog::OnOk() func will be called. If you override CYourDlg::OnOk, it means that this func will be called, and, of course, it contains the call of CDialog::OnOk. Hence, y...

Distro List Managed by Users
I would like to create a list that 2 or 3 users have rights to add to and remove names from. The email distro list is comprised of all email addresses of customers that want daily updates from us. I would like this list to either show up in Contacts or the GAL. I am not sure how to do this in Exchange 2003 and I dont even know what kind of info i should be searching for to find this out. THanks. Autodl "Ken Cheney" <digexrules@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eEtxVmBLGHA.3352@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... >I would like to create a list that 2 or 3 users have rights t...

Is there a way to share your calendar to other users in CRM sales.

Editing phone numbers?
(Win XP, Outlook 2003) - I'm all of a sudden starting to have a problem when I add or change a phone number in a contact. I'm connected via LAN, not dialup, and no settings have changed. Yet when I put in a phone number I get the Location Information dialog box (this box: http://www.babcockancestry.com/storage/outlookproblemlocationinfo.jpg). I can NOT get out of it in any way except using the task manager to End Task, which of course does not save the contact. If I try to cancel in the dialog, it just keeps coming back. Any changes except phone numbers work fine. It's only when I...

Filter certain cells
Is it possible to only filter certain cells in excel? I am trying to create a spread sheet that has seperate info in certain cells. I would like to be able to filter cells A1:M114 but not cells P1:T30. can this be done? If you mean you want to filter the first range and still see all of P1:T30, then no, not possible. If you don't want them filtered (aka, treated as same entries in a single row) perhaps you can move that info to another row/sheet? -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!* "Mike W" wrote: > I...

excel html user area import
Hello, Im using excel 2007 and having problems with importing html. Problem is that I need to import data from html page which is in user area( username and password protected). So data imports ok, but when I exit saved excel file and then open it again , it can't refresh data because i'm not logged in. How can i solve this problem? Can I add some html form to excel so I can logon with that form, so I can refresh data? Thank you! ...

How to remove send/receive externally for a user
I have a request to setup some users for internal email only and remove their ability to send/receive external email. How do I do this? I have a 1 Exchange 2003 Server. Thanks see this: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF009.html "Paula" <Paula@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9224AEFD-0A70-41A9-9411-3D932D580D6E@microsoft.com... > I have a request to setup some users for internal email only and remove their > ability to send/receive external email. How do I do this? > > I have a 1 Exchange 2003 Server. > > Thanks In Exchange 5.5 ...

Word to edit e-mail messages
I am unable to select 'Use Microsoft word to edit e-mail messages' in the mail format options panel. The option is not for selction, it is greyed out. I am running Office 2000 with Outlook 2002. Any suggestions? Do you have Word installed? >-----Original Message----- >I am unable to select 'Use Microsoft word to edit e-mail >messages' in the mail format options panel. The option is >not for selction, it is greyed out. I am running Office >2000 with Outlook 2002. > >Any suggestions? >. > Hi Kev, coz you have to use Word 2002 to use it as...