NTDSUTIL Roles different than shown with LDIFDE

I thought I posted this earlier but can't see it.

I am trying to do ADPREP /RODC on a server 2008 box.  We have a 2003 Domain
with some 2008 Domain Controllers.

When I try to run the above it says it can't reach the infrastructure master.

Server#2 has all the FSMO roles according to NTDSUTIL and according to ADUC.

When running this command "ldifde -f Infra_DomainDNSZones.ldf -d
"CN=Infrastructure,DC=DomainDnsZones,DC=xxxx,DC=com" -l fSMORoleOwner"  it
says that the Infrastructure Role is held by Server #1.

Why the discrepancy?  How to resolve?
Thanks

Hello mtj7009,

The correct command is adprep /rodcprep and has to be run on the existing
schema master of the domain, just to confirm this. So please run and post
the output from "netdom query fsmo" and also post the names of all existing
DCs in the domain.

Best regards

Meinolf Weber
no rights.

> I thought I posted this earlier but can't see it.
>
> I am trying to do ADPREP /RODC on a server 2008 box.  We have a 2003
> Domain with some 2008 Domain Controllers.
>
> When I try to run the above it says it can't reach the infrastructure
> master.
>
> Server#2 has all the FSMO roles according to NTDSUTIL and according to
> ADUC.
>
> When running this command "ldifde -f Infra_DomainDNSZones.ldf -d
> "CN=Infrastructure,DC=DomainDnsZones,DC=xxxx,DC=com" -l fSMORoleOwner"
> it says that the Infrastructure Role is held by Server #1.
>
> Why the discrepancy?  How to resolve?
> Thanks

0
Meinolf
1/5/2010 9:30:19 PM
I think this can be run on any dc but you must be logged on and as a member
of the enterprise admins group

--
Paul Bergson
MVP - Directory Services

http://www.pbbergs.com

Please no e-mails, any questions should be posted in the NewsGroup This
posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

"Meinolf Weber [MVP-DS]" <meiweb@(nospam)gmx.de> wrote in message
> Hello mtj7009,
>
> The correct command is adprep /rodcprep and has to be run on the existing
> schema master of the domain, just to confirm this. So please run and post
> the output from "netdom query fsmo" and also post the names of all
> existing DCs in the domain.
>
> Best regards
>
> Meinolf Weber
> Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and
> confers no rights.
> ** Please do NOT email, only reply to Newsgroups
> ** HELP us help YOU!!! http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm
>
>> I thought I posted this earlier but can't see it.
>>
>> I am trying to do ADPREP /RODC on a server 2008 box.  We have a 2003
>> Domain with some 2008 Domain Controllers.
>>
>> When I try to run the above it says it can't reach the infrastructure
>> master.
>>
>> Server#2 has all the FSMO roles according to NTDSUTIL and according to
>> ADUC.
>>
>> When running this command "ldifde -f Infra_DomainDNSZones.ldf -d
>> "CN=Infrastructure,DC=DomainDnsZones,DC=xxxx,DC=com" -l fSMORoleOwner"
>> it says that the Infrastructure Role is held by Server #1.
>>
>> Why the discrepancy?  How to resolve?
>> Thanks

0
Paul
1/5/2010 9:55:22 PM
Hi
Please post the question ONLY one time :)

--

I hope that the information above helps you.
Have a Nice day.

Jorge Silva
MVP Directory Services

"mtj7009" <MTJ7009@newsgroup.nospam> wrote in message
> I thought I posted this earlier but can't see it.
>
> I am trying to do ADPREP /RODC on a server 2008 box.  We have a 2003
> Domain
> with some 2008 Domain Controllers.
>
> When I try to run the above it says it can't reach the infrastructure
> master.
>
> Server#2 has all the FSMO roles according to NTDSUTIL and according to
> ADUC.
>
> When running this command "ldifde -f Infra_DomainDNSZones.ldf -d
> "CN=Infrastructure,DC=DomainDnsZones,DC=xxxx,DC=com" -l fSMORoleOwner"  it
> says that the Infrastructure Role is held by Server #1.
>
> Why the discrepancy?  How to resolve?
> Thanks

0
Jorge
1/5/2010 11:26:53 PM
"Paul Bergson [MVP-DS]" <pbbergs@no_spammsn.com> wrote in message
>I think this can be run on any dc but you must be logged on and as a member
>of the enterprise admins group

I agree, that it's true, it can be run from any DC or workstation as long as
one is logged on as the EA, however the recommendation is to run it directly
on the Schema Master to eliminate any possible network issues that can
corrupt the procedure.

--
Ace

confers no rights.

Please reply back to the newsgroup or forum for collaboration benefit among
responding engineers, and to help others benefit from your resolution.

Ace Fekay, MVP, MCT, MCITP EA, MCTS Windows 2008 & Exchange 2007, MCSE &
MCSA 2003/2000, MCSA Messaging 2003
Microsoft Certified Trainer
Microsoft MVP - Directory Services

If you feel this is an urgent issue and require immediate assistance, please
contact Microsoft PSS directly. Please check http://support.microsoft.com
for regional support phone numbers.

0
Ace
1/6/2010 12:46:28 AM
Hi,

The managed support service of the newsgroup Windows Server Active
Directory is now available instead on:

Windows Server Directory Services forum:
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserverDS/threads

Would you please repost the question in the forum with the Windows Live ID
used to access your Subscription benefits? Our engineers will assist you in
the new platform. In the future, please post Windows Server related
questions directly to the forums. If you have any questions or concerns,
please feel free to contact us: tngfb@microsoft.com.

Tim Quan - MSFT

Different Versions of Object Libraries
I have Access 2000 and 2003 on my development machine. My client only has Access 2000. When I develop for this client, I run Access 2000. However, my code requires that I have the Microsoft Word Object Library and Microsoft Outlook Object Library listed in References. As I result, on my machine they're listed as version 11.0, and then, when I upload the file, they show as missing. So I have to go through the steps of removing the references and then re-adding them on the client's machine for version 9.0. Obviously this is a bit of a pain I'd prefer to avoid. I realize I cou...

Difference from an average
I want to automatically calculate a difference from and average. However when the average changes, I don't want the previously calcuated differences to change. Is there anyway to accomplish this? For Example: Score 45 46 44 45 (Average = 45) Diff 0 +1 -1 0 What I would like to have aith adding 1 score Score 45 46 44 45 50 (Average =46) Diff 0 +1 -1 0 +4 Larry L wrote: > I want to automatically calculate a difference from and average. > However when the average changes, I don't want the previously > calcuated differences to change. Is the...

Two different totals in one cell
C D L O P Q R H, AL A, AL A A P SF H, AL 1.0, 1.0 1.0, 1.0 7.50 8.5 0.00 0.00 1.0, 2.0 As you can see, “A” (shown in columns D and L) and “AL” (shown in columns C and D) are in two separate columns; I would like to show their totals in two separate columns, i.e, O (totals of all “A”) and R (totals of “AL”) in the example above. Try these: =3DCOUNTIF(C1:L1,"*A*") =3DCOUNTIF(C1:L1,"*AL*") Hope this helps. Pete On May 4, 4:27=A0pm, something68 <somethin...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > C =A0 =A0 =A0 D =A0 =A0 =A0 L =A0 =A0 =A0 O ...

sorting columns from different spreadsheets in same workbook
Here is my situation. I have 7 spreadsheets in 1 workbook. Each of the first 6 spreadsheets are set up in the same format. In the first 6 spreadsheets column a represents a name and there are a list of names from a:1 down to a:50 or so. then in columns B-F there is data in them. Column H is a formula that totals all the data and leaves a result. Again this is consistent with the first 6 sheets. What I want to do is on sheet 7 have a formula or Macro that looks at the first 6 sheets and finds the top 5 highest totals from column H and puts the results on sheet #7. The kicker is that I ...

Need help building chart to track trends between two different sets of data
Hi, all! I need to build a chart (for example, a 3D Area Chart) that will display the trend between two disparate sets of data. Now, I can't have the two side-by side, because one set of data falls in the 0-20 range(ish) while the second contains large cash values (cost of a precious metal, for example). Is there any way to build this chart so the smaller set of data uses a different scale than the second set of data, without displaying incorrect values? I considered applying a factor to the small value data set, but that just displays incorrect values on the axis. Any suggesti...

Can I tellthe difference between 'Save' and 'Save As'?
I want to be able to respond differently when the user has clicked 'Save As' - is there something that allows me to test what the user has done to save the file? Thanks M Sorry! worked it out formyself! SaveAsUI! "Michelle" <mh_londonNOJUNK@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:C892CE59-1BCA-467F-A461-A1C318262DD6@microsoft.com... >I want to be able to respond differently when the user has clicked 'Save >As' - is there something that allows me to test what the user has done to >save the file? > > Thanks > > M ...

No user with Owner role in public folder (Exchange 2000)
The formar administrator of one of my customers has managed to remove the owner of a public folder. Now we are not able to remove or rename. Anyone who knows a workaround? /Stefan Change permissions on the PF in ESM. Stefan Jansson wrote: > The formar administrator of one of my customers has managed to remove > the owner of a public folder. Now we are not able to remove or > rename. Anyone who knows a workaround? > > /Stefan ...

plotting different datatypes in a radar chart
Hi. I am trying to plot different datatypes (percentages and absolute values) in one radar chart. The percentages range around 100% (~ 30% - 120%) and the absolute values will range around 3 - 5 (which is interpreted as 300 - 500%). This distortes the graph and makes it incomprehensible. Since the absolute figures will be the # of a certain activity it is not good to convert them to a percentage. Does anybody know a way to plot this nicely into one chart without breaking the continuous line of the radar chart? Thanks Jerry. I created the software to support the Custom Radar chart f...

Difference between results of array formula and non-array, with IF(ISNUMBER)
I have the following array formula: ={(AVERAGE(ABS(IF(ISNUMBER(T119:T124),T119:T124))))} and the following non-array formula: =(AVERAGE(ABS(IF(ISNUMBER(T119:T124),T119:T124)))) In the cells T119:T124 are the following: -1,-1,-1,blank,blank,blank The result of the array formula is 0.5. The result of the non-array formula is 1.0 I believe 1 is the correct result. The array formula appears to be counting the blank cells as 0 when computing the average. Can anybody explain this difference in the result? I would like to understand what is going on here. Thank you. Tom Hi! The non-array f...

How to determine cell format in different locals
If I use the following syntax on any locale can I expect to get "S#" back for cell formated as scientific ? Works in US english just wondering if it would internationally ? can I use myFormat=cell("format",ThisCell). If not is there a function that can change the value coming back to compare to a speicfied LCID ? Something like IF( LCID(USENGLISH,MID(cell("format",ThisCell),1,1))="S",1,0) Hi works also in other langiuage version (or your formula does at least for the German version). -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany goLeafs wrote: > I...

open to a certain sheet tab in a different workbook
Hello All, I am try to do some coding to open to a certain tab in a different workbook. I am creating the sheet tab name that I need to open with concatenate (the name has three parts to it based on what the user select). The cell has a name (sheettab1but the value in the cell will change). Is it possible to use the value in sheettab1 to open to a certain tab in a different workbook? Thanks This assumes that the "other" workbook (a.xls) has already been opened. We get the tab name from the Named Cell, activate a.xls and activate the proper tab: Sub Macro1() s = Range(&q...

Ensure dates imported into Excel 2003 are shown in DD/MM/YYY form.
Have recently upgraded to a new XP Pro PC with Office 2003 However when exportng accounting reports from MYOB Premier 8, I now find that Excel treats the MYOB dd/mm/yyyy format dates (Australian format) as mm/dd/yyyy (US format) My Win XP Region setting is Australia and my Language setting is English (Australian) How can I adjust the Excel Options to ensure the defualt date format for new Excel sheets is dd/mm/yyyy ? (there's nothing on this in the International tab) Kym Yeoward Alice Springs NT Australia Kym In your WinXP Regional Settings - try having a quick look into the set...

Exporting / Importing Security Roles
Hi I have created/altered some security roles in my dev enviroment and now i want to replicate same roles in Production environment. How can i export these roles to Prod environement Thanks Makarand unfortunately you cant. There is no import / export mechanism for security roles. I find the best way is to take screenshots from your dev box of each of the roles as this makes it easier to recreate them. -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Makarand Keer" <MakarandKeer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6F45700A-91C0-4743-B970-28A...

Accessing a dialogs controls from different a dialog
If I use the following code within WM_INITDIALOG to add a value to a listbox that is on the dialog: HWND hwndlist; hwndlist = GetDlgItem(hWnd, IDC_LIST_CALIBOPTS); SendMessage(hwndlist, LB_ADDSTRING, 0, (LPARAM) sectionName); How would I go about adding an item to the listbox whilst in another dialogs code. Basically, when the user clicks ADD on another dialog I want the item to update in the listbox. Thanks Wallace You could do it the way you have asked. But to make it more OO, provide access methods in your dialog which exposes the functionality (eg adding an item to listbox etc.). O...

How do I retrieve my email in Outlook from a different computer?
jacksondog <jacksondog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: <nothing> Ask your question in the body of the message. Chances are that without a tool like VNC, pcAnywhere, or GoToMyPC, you won't be able to. -- Brian Tillman what is pc anywhere or Go to my PC and how do you get it "Brian Tillman" wrote: > jacksondog <jacksondog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > <nothing> > > Ask your question in the body of the message. > > Chances are that without a tool like VNC, pcAnywhere, or GoToMyPC, you won't > be able to. > -- ...

One Command button for different reports
I have two controls, among others, on a particular form. One control ‘ContractNumber’ represents the specific customer (their phone number) and the ‘ContractType’ which represents the specific report. I have 5 reports, none of the reports are the same. Based on the ‘ContractNumber’ I would like to have a command button open the ‘ContractType’ for the particular customer. I realize I can have command buttons, one for each report and have a parameter query use the ‘ContractNumber’ to call up the specific report. I want one button to open different reports, say ‘Click to view customers C...

moving exchange 5.5 server to a different domain
I have an exchange 5.5 site with 3 servers in it. They are NT 4.0 and Exchange 5.5 They are all in domain a. There is a two way trust with domain a and domain b. I need to move one of the servers from domain a to domain b. Since I have permissions via the trust to the exchange services site acct. , is this as easy as removing the server from domain a and adding it to domain b, then bringing exchange services back up? Or is there a set procedure that should be followed? "=?Utf-8?B?Y2dsYWR5MjAwMA==?=" <cglady2000@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:1A7E7702-914A-...

Comparing Fields in Different Columns
I was wondering if there is a way two compare the fields in 2 different columns. Then if those fields are identical they would be removed. Is there a basic function to do this or do I need to write a macro? Thanks for the help. Hi......... Assuming your columns are A and B, in cell C1 put this formula and copy it down column C =IF(A1=B1,1,"") then sort on column C and delete all the rows that have a 1 in column C And, if you do this frequently, it could be recorded into a macro........ Vaya con Dios, Chuck CABGx3 "Guggenheim" <johlstrom@gmail.com> wrote in me...

copy and paste to different work book
I have a work sheet with a set of a few sells (4 sells) in a few rows (N rows). I want to copy set of those 4 sells from the row to a work shit in another work book (different work book each time). Repeat until the last row. Thank you Saita ...

Creating help text shown in the Office assistant
I have a Excel document with "comments" that are shown if you click in a field on the sheet. If the Office assistant is enabled these "comments" are shown in the assistant. These are -not- the ordinary comments, that is shown by a red corner in the field and are shown by just hovering the mouse over the field. Do anyone know how I edit these text, and create my own? What are they called, so I can find the information in the Help-file? -- Halling ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Halling's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/mem...

comparing data in different sheets
I have data set for each quarter, like sales, profits, margins. The dat is for more than 1000 companies and in different worksheets: Eac quarter is in each seperate worksheet. It gets frustrating to keep on switching between each worksheet to ge a comparative number. Is there a way out -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com In situations like this I generally create a summary sheet and reference the cells from all of the other worksheets. Set up the layout for the summary sheet and then select a cell you want to mirror the value from another worksheet. With the cell selected, ...

excel charts look drastically different on different computers
When we open excel charts on different computers in our office the formatting looks drastically different (for example, data labels and arrows on charts are in different locations). This is a huge problem because it means that the formatting has to be fixed each time someone opens an excel chart. This was never a problem until recently when some of our staff got new computers and for a short time they were using Office 2007 (everyone else in the office was using Office 2003). We've switched everyone back to Office 2003, but the problem with excel charts persists. When u ad...

rate with different pmv
If Pv =500,000 Nper =24 pmt =35000 I can get the rate is 55.75929% with funtion rate: =RATE(24,-35000,500000)*12 But what if Pmt is 35000 for first 12 Nper,and 10000 for next 12 Nper? What I know is to use what if analysis find the rate is 10.2923. Is there another way to solve this question? like ohter functions or macros?? Try replacing the PV constant with a FV function based on the current PV and the rate for the first 12 months. -- HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP <pthisme@gmail.com> wrote in message news:b157f65b-4c4d-48ec-a460-77c67710d96b@x19g2000prg.googlegroups.com... >...

different color file names
I have not seen this before but my boss showed me some of his xl file names are blue and some black. I have not been able to figure this out.......any clues? Like in windows explorer? I think some versions of windows will show you mapped drives in a different color. And some will show compressed files (.zip's) in a different color. I use win98 at home and I don't have this option. But next time you're in windows explorer, look for Folder Options (or just Options) under one of the menu items. See if there's a setting for what you want. If you have trouble, you may want ...