Identifying dead computer accounts

as I understand it,  in a forest level 2003 domain, the default
frequency for computer members to change their domain password is
every 30 days, so if this value is greater than 60 days, it means the
server has been off the network for at least a month minimum, right?
I'm assuming shortest case scenario that it may have been turned off
the day before it was going to change the password (day 30) and now
it's a 60-year-old password. (hope that makes sense!)

Also, will a computer automatically reset its password the moment it
is powered on if the password age is greater than 30?

just want to know that i can be ABSOLUTELY 100% sure that with a last
password changed of 60 days guarantees the computer has not been
powered on on the network with its domain in at least 30 days.

THANKS!

- JayDee
0
JayDee

Hello JayDee,

To find old accounts use OldCmp from joeware.net:
http://www.joeware.net/freetools/tools/oldcmp/index.htm

Shows exaclty the days the machine was not running.

Best regards

Meinolf Weber
no rights.

> as I understand it,  in a forest level 2003 domain, the default
> frequency for computer members to change their domain password is
> every 30 days, so if this value is greater than 60 days, it means the
> server has been off the network for at least a month minimum, right?
> I'm assuming shortest case scenario that it may have been turned off
> the day before it was going to change the password (day 30) and now
> it's a 60-year-old password. (hope that makes sense!)
>
> Also, will a computer automatically reset its password the moment it
> is powered on if the password age is greater than 30?
>
> just want to know that i can be ABSOLUTELY 100% sure that with a last
> password changed of 60 days guarantees the computer has not been
> powered on on the network with its domain in at least 30 days.
>
> THANKS!
>
> - JayDee

0
Meinolf
11/12/2009 10:24:14 PM
Comments inline.

"JayDee" <dopamine@mail.com> wrote in message
> as I understand it,  in a forest level 2003 domain, the default
> frequency for computer members to change their domain password is
> every 30 days, so if this value is greater than 60 days, it means the
> server has been off the network for at least a month minimum, right?
> I'm assuming shortest case scenario that it may have been turned off
> the day before it was going to change the password (day 30) and now
> it's a 60-year-old password. (hope that makes sense!)

Yes.

> Also, will a computer automatically reset its password the moment it
> is powered on if the password age is greater than 30?

Yes. The request is initiated by the computer.

> just want to know that i can be ABSOLUTELY 100% sure that with a last
> password changed of 60 days guarantees the computer has not been
> powered on on the network with its domain in at least 30 days.

Yes, the computer has not authenticated to the domain in at least 30 days
(unless the default maximum password age has been modified). As noted, the
best tool for identifying stale computer accounts is Joe Richards' oldcmp
utility.

--
Richard Mueller
MVP Directory Services

Richard

Does GP allow for different Account Formats for multiple Companies
Hi All, I am setting up a new client that has 3 different companies. Two of them have the same GL framework. The third has a diffferent account framework. How can I change the account framework for the new company? Thanks for your help. -- TC If they are different databases simply go to Tools >> Setup>>Company >>Account Format. -- Leslie Vail, CPA, MCT, MVP MCBSP-Application for Microsoft Dynamics GP MCBSP-Installation and Configuration for Microsoft Dynamics GP cell: 972-814-8550 fax: 972-692-7472 "TC" wrote: > Hi All, > > I am sett...

Allow us to change default view in Account Activity History.
In the current version of CRM (3.0) the default views of the History View cannot be changed. I would like to be able to set it to "All" not just the most recent. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Comm...

Account extraction
I'd like to export the Exch55 mailbox info to a *.csv file utilizing the "Directory Export" command found under the Exchange Administrator\Tools menu. I'm pretty clear on what to do to get the desired list, however, I'm wondering 1.) if this will imposed any kind of serious load on the server and 2.) How long would it take to export a measly 150-200 accounts? 3.) any caveats I should know of? Any takers? Thanks for the awesome job everyone does here! a directory export for that small a number of mailboxes should present no problem to your server, and should comp...

Aliases in email accounts
Is there a way to prevent outlook to read all messages from an account ? We have three aliases on an email account, when I use the computer, I do not want to get the email messages from the other aliases on the account. There are simple rules in Outlook Express to do this, but I have not managed to do the same with Outlook (which I would rather use), I use the following rule and I still get the other aliases' emails : where my name is in the To or Cc box move it to the Inbox Folder and stop processing more rules. Thank you Marc Pouliot ...

Combining two accounts as one display
If I have two emails, can Live Mail be configured so that both accounts can be displayed (combined) For me this would prevent 2 deletes, 2 junks, etc.- Thanks. Otzi On Tue, 20 Jul 2010 18:58:21 -0700, otzi wrote: > If I have two emails, can Live Mail be configured so that both accounts can > be displayed (combined) For me this would prevent 2 deletes, 2 junks, etc.- Back in the good old days of MS Outlook Express, a number of people wanted separate account folders. Now that MS has accommodated those folk, people are demanding a global Inbox. Well, MS, in their infinite wi...

Extract account set info in FRx?
Does anyone know how to extract all the account set definitions in FRx to a file? I've set up so many of these it would be nice to be able to dump them off so I can keep better track of them. -- Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager HDA, Inc. Hazelwood, MO GP 9.0, SP2 ...

Payroll Posting Accounts #5
v9.0 / SQL2000 When you have the payroll posting accounts set up, how does GP know where to post transactions to, if only 2 of the 3 segments match? We have our accounts set up according to the following examples: ACCOUNTING > ACCOUNTING > SALARY ACCOUNTING > ALL > SALARY ALL > ACCOUNTING > ALL ALL > ALL > ALL Say if an employee had a transaction, and only the first 2 of the 3 segments match (ACCOUNTING > ACCOUNTING) Where would GP post the transaction amounts ? ...

Account Level Security & Smartlist
Does the account level security created via Organizational structures flow into Smartlists? If a person does a search on transactions will it only show them transactions for accounts that they have access to, or all accounts? -- Tom Miller Tom, I knew this to had been a problem with version 8.0 (not quite sure before what service pack), but I think it was fixed by SP5. The KB article number is 875138, and you will have to check with MS. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "Tom Miller" wrote: ...

CRM Security issue with Administrator account
I am unable to add users in the CRM Development Manager. I try to create new users in the wizard, the users are listed, but after selecting the users, a warning pops up telling me I do not have "sufficient security priveleges" to add users. This is a problem because I have logged on as the Administrator. Any help??? I am willing to change Admin's security or create a new Admin.... Does the administrator have a valid CRM license? Mike "Douglas Hahn" <dhahn@digitaldim.com> wrote in message news:2af201c3e130$efd9e420$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I am unable...

Enable send only account
I'd like to set one account to be able to send but not to receive. I've tried leaving the receive account blank but it won't let me do that. So I put in an invalid account and that works but I get error messages firom OE now amnd then Is there a better way? thanks Not for spamming purposes, I hope? Tools | Options | Servers. Munge the Incoming, (Pop3), info and see if that works without error messages. If no joy, create a message rule. Where the To line contains people. Delete it from server. Click on the blue Contains and enter the e-mail addres...

Mysterious Retained Earnings account
Other than the obvious GL table, where else would one assign account numbers? My GL table DOES NOT have my Quickbooks retained earnings account number ANYWHERE in it; however, RMS continues to post to that account. WHY WHY WHY? Where could it be? Jennifer This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0135_01C7F005.BCB88320 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Jennifer, IANAA, but from Help; This section describes how to export General Ledger (GL) accounting data = from Store Operations to a file, and ...

How do enter accounts manually?
I have recently opened 2 new accounts with Wells Fargo and I can't add them to MS Money. When I try, Money just opens up new copies of my older accounts. Wells Fargo saids that I have to create them manually, but I can't seem to be able to do that. Anybody have a solution? On Oct 22, 12:19 pm, PeterA <Pet...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Wells Fargo saids that I have to create them manually, but I can't seem to be > able to do that. Anybody have a solution? When prompted to choose a bank from the list, click on the link that says "my bank or brokerage...

Account Segments not displaying properly Trial Balance
We have 4 workstations running GP 10.0. On 2 of the workstations, when we print/display the Trial Balance the 2 and 3rd segments of the account number do not display properly. Our account number consists of 3 segments, acctnum-branch-region We have over 80 branches and without the branch number displaying properly the Trial Balance from these 2 workstations is useless. I have tried to download and update the newest printer drivers as per Crystal Reports, updated video card drivers, use Named Printers and so far I have not had any luck. Anyone have an idea? I have pasted an example be...

cluster service account
The account of exchange 2003 services (imap, pop, system attendant..etc), must be local system or cluster service account?! Local System ...

MS Money Bank Accounts and Credit Cards Not Updating
Is anyone else having trouble getting their bank accounts and credit accounts to update? For the last TWO WEEKS! I have been waiting patiently to look at account transactions. When I update accounts, my account homepage shows that I have X transactions to read; but when I click to read the updates, they are not in my register. No number of iterations and refreshes has got the updates to show up. Money info central has had the same unhelpful message for the last week or so: "You may experience problems getting accounts to update in MSN Money or within Money 2005 or 2006.We are w...

transferring outlook emails to another computer
HELLLLLLP!!! I need to transfer my outlook express files to another computer. When I hit "export" I get an error message. Is there a simple procedure to follow. Thanks! dh This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.in...

Outlook Two mail accounts
I have a network whith Win2000 server and exchange 2000 server my question is after I configure the clients whith Outlook I add one account POP 3 and one Exchange account in each client I make the POP3 account default, no problem if I make a new e-mail Outlook send it whith the POP3 account but If I reply or foward a -email the program try to send it whith Exchange , the problem is my exchange is just for internal use in the office is not for internet mail so How can I change that behavior to Outlook always send and receive whith the POP3 account and use the Exchange account just for...

Changing default administrator account in CRM3.0
Hi, I want to know how to change the default administrator of the crm server Thanks in advance. -- Regards, Bishwarup Create a new user profile and assign that user the "System Administrator" role. Then log in to CRM as that user and revoke the "System Administrator" role from your current administrator. Dave "Bishwarup" <Bishwarup@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D0C818F1-EDA4-4B7B-A254-A286CE3F9E1B@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I want to know how to change the default administrator of the crm server > > Thanks in adv...

Getting local Time and date for the local computer(vista OS)
Hi I am working with Vista(one of a kind), and have a MFC application and would like to add small code that will get current time and date from the local compuetr. i meet an example in MSDN : http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa390423(VS.85).aspx but it looks too long for what i am looking, is there a 1 function API that returns the Date and the time ? thanks for your time Zack >Hi I am working with Vista(one of a kind), >and have a MFC application and would like to add small code that will get >current time and date from the local compuetr. >i meet an example in MSDN...

Initial Account Sync with Fifth Third Bancorp
Program: Microsoft Money 2007 Deluxe OS: XP Bank: Fifth Third Bancorp I just purchased and installed the software. I added a credit card account (Chase), which synced fine on the first try. I then added my banking information (checking and savings). That account is with Fifth Third Bancorp. I have tried several times to sync and it always gives me the following error: Microsoft Money could not receive information from your bank or brokerage. Please set up this account again. if the problem continues contact customer support. Money was unable to complete the opreation. The Internet, bank...

Using sdk to find out if an Account already exists
Hi, Want to use sdk to see if an Account already exists , all i have is its name. I've looked at Retrieve method but it requires the Guid. Any equivalent call to Retrieve that just takes name? Or a way to get the Guid from the name? Sample code would be great if available. Thanks for all help. John Hi John, The method you are looking for is RetrieveMultiple as only the guid search gives the certainty to retrieve only one record. All explanations are in the sdk but as the sdk sample is nearly the exact code you want, here it is : // Set up the CRM Service. CrmService service =3D new ...

Dead Mail
Hi all, I assume the junk email that exchange catches ends up in Dead Mail. My Question is how can I read and retrieve dead mail/old junk mail. -- Vince If you've got the IMF installed and set to archive, then junk mail ends up in the 'ucearchive' folder underneath your SMTP virtual server folders. If you're referring to the BadMail folder, then this is where Exchange stores (for want of a better description) NDRs that cannot be delivered. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP http://www.msexchange.org/Neil_Hobson/ "Vince" <Vince@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

Printing Bank Account
I can't print just one back account...at a time...when I select print it prints out all transactions from all bank accounts. In microsoft.public.money, dd wrote: >I can't print just one back account...at a time...when I >select print it prints out all transactions from all bank >accounts. What screen are you looking at when you do File->Print? ...

Delayed transfer between accounts
I've been a user of Money for about 4 years and have never tried using it for tracking investments, tax planning, etc... until now. I specifically have two quesitions: 1. I have a money market savings account at a different bank and frequently transfer to and from this account. The only problem is that it takes about 3 days to transfer for one account to the other. For example a transfer from my checking account will post on the third. It won't show up in the savings account until the sixth or seventh. To date, I've been using a "Special" transfer from one a...

Default Account #2
Hi, I have tried to setup my 2 email addresses in Outlook 2003. I have a 'colin@mydomain.com' account and a 'ceo@mydomain' account. I want to be able to send from both accounts but only receive on the 'ceo' account. This works fine but, as the 'ceo' account is set as default, whenever someone receives an email from me, the 'reply to' field shows the other account and also, the header states 'sent by ceo@mydomain.com on behalf of colin@mydomain.com'. Does anyone know a way round this so that the email appears to come from whichever account...