Help with setup of IIS Server

Hello,

Could someone please point me in the right direction/newsgroups?  I'm
looking to setup an intranet server and need help with the setup and
configuration of Windows Server 2003 IIS.

Thanks
William

0
Bill

Hello Bill,

Check:
microsoft.public.inetserver.iis
microsoft.public.inetserver.misc

Best regards

Meinolf Weber
no rights.

> Hello,
>
> Could someone please point me in the right direction/newsgroups?  I'm
> looking to setup an intranet server and need help with the setup and
> configuration of Windows Server 2003 IIS.
>
> Thanks
> William

0
Meinolf

Using exchange server 2003 as an smtp server outside of the domain
For the life of me I cannot figure out how to setup exchange server as an smtp server so that I can use it to send mail from outside of its domain environment. basically i want to be able to send email from any computer not on the domain by using mail.mydomain.com . I'm not sure if the issue is actually related to something on exchange server 2003, or if it's DNS related issue. we do use OWA so wthat when we type in a web browser mail.mydomain.com it takes us to OWA. Right now if I try setting up a POP3 Account in Outlook and use mail.mydomain.com for incoming and SMTP servers it err...

Restoring Exchange 2003 Cluster to single server ????
We are testing Exchange 2003 in a disaser recovery test. Our live system runs 2 node Exchange 2003 cluster. We are planning a recovery to a single Exchange 2003 server with same name as the Exchange 2003 cluster in a test environment from tape backup. Has anybody every tried this befoe or can this be done ?? Help on this is much appreciated Hello, This is perfectly possible, since you're only restoring the database files. Just make sure that the name of the organization, name of the administrative group, logical names of the storage group and stores are identical to the ones used in y...

Refresh Form
I have an interesting problem (maybe its not so interesting to the gurus who frequent this board :) ). Here is the back ground information: I have a form that contains tab controls and several sub forms. The main form contains a control that dictates what data is displayed on one of my sub forms via parameters in the query (data source). So, I have added some code to the "after update" event that looks like this: --------------------- me.form.refresh me.form.requery --------------------- I have also tried: --------------------- Me.[sub_form_control_name].Requery -----------...

Can someone help with this error
I am randomly getting an access error in my application and I am trying to find it. The error seems to occur when allocating a buffer in the CString code. Does anyone know if the dump below is pointing to anything specific? It seems like the error is occuring when 'text' is be allocated but I don't know why. // this is the function call in the ArchExists(..) module where the CString is allocated (parm1). CComSetup::ExtractParams( text, &type1, &desc1, &name1, &id1 ); // This is the declaration of the function void CComSetup::ExtractParams( CString src, CStrin...

please help.. highly important...
i have a excel .CSV file that Gmail generated for me with my contacts in.. what i want to do is function that go over all the contacts emails one by one and deletes all missformated addresses that cannot be use to send email for them.. somthing like : if (the cell's text is not an valid email address) { delete the cell ; } to be honest i dont know much about excel so i need somthing from scratch like how to put the function in the file and that.. thank you all very much.. Also posted in public.excel.misc "yakir" <yakir@discussions.microsof...

I can not see all contents in one cell. Help me pls!
Please help me! By default when I write some text in cell and the text is longer then cell's width, I can not see his contents in next cells. But in one excel file when I sellect all cells in worksheet and then draging them it can no longer seen all contents in one cell. What I should to do? Thank you in advance! If you have wraptext turned on (format|cells|alignment tab), then the cell will expand its rowheight to show you all the data. (unless you use merged cells or have adjusted the rowheight manually). If you have wraptext turned off, then the text will overflow to the cell to ...

a little help with finding and associating cells
ok so here is my dilemma, I need a formula that will look at a cell value on one work sheet, check for the same value on another work sheet in a defined column, and insert a coresponding value from another column...... is that even remotely possible??? any help would be greatly appreciated.... -- rcarrollct ------------------------------------------------------------------------ rcarrollct's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24931 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=384671 It's called VLOOKUP. http://www.offi...

need help... Getting a error when I add a xml schema include location xsd file
Hi, I am trying to add the following line to my xml schema xsd file <xsd:include schemaLocation="../../../Common/datatypes.xsd"/> Here is my code XmlSchemaInclude include = new XmlSchemaInclude(); include.SchemaLocation = "../../../Common/datatypes.xsd"; schema.Items.Add(include); when I print out the schema, it crashes StreamWriter sw = new StreamWriter(@strFormName+".xsd", false, Encoding.UTF8); schema.Write(sw); sw.Close(); Any help is greatly appreciated, Thanks ...

MS Exchange Server Unavailable
I have multiple users who start Outlook 2000 and they get the message " Exchange Server is Unavailable...." With the options to Retry or Work Offline. They are all connected to our network and when they select retry, Outlook immediately opens. I have searched and searched and I have mot been able to find any references to this problem. Any assistance would be appreciated. Dave Sounds like a name resolution problem. Make sure your internal DNS is working properly. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable t...

Please help me: Refresh pivot table using another source file.
My supervisor put an interactive spreadsheet (or pivot table) on the web. Now he wants me to make changes to the spreadsheet so that when you click "Refresh" on the website, this spreadsheet gets new data from me rather than from my supervisor. How do I do this? Thanks for your help. ...

Backup help
I'm planning to make a backup routine for an application. My idea is as follows: 1. Make a backup of the whole application once a day. 2. Keep those backups saved for 3 months. 3. When the fourth month starts, delete all backups from the first month, except the one from the first day of that month. 4. When the fourth year starts, delete all backups from the first year. Is that a good strategy? Thanks in advance, John That is good except that you are not really keeping three months/years of backups because on the first day of the fourth month/year, you are deleting the first m...

Telnet <mailboxserver> 25 works from servers on same subnet, fails to one server
Interesting. I setup MOM server and I need to configure to send e-mail thru my mailbox Exchange server. However, when I go to new Win2003 MOM server, I do telnet <mymailboExchServer> 25 and connection is Connecting To <mailbox>...Could not open connection to the host, on port 25: Connec t failed Then I go to another server, *same subnet* and I do telnet < > 25 and it goes thru just fine. Do you have an idea what could be causing such SMTP 'blocking' from the MOM server ? If servers on the subnet can connect just fine, I can't imagine how this can be a fire...

Exchange design
Please help with following scenario Set up: Company has a nation-wide Sendmail server that only does POP3 for every branch office in the nation, domain is us.company.com. One branch office decides to deploy SBS/Exchange internally for that office. Problem: internal domain is company.local, recipient policy has us.company.com for mail delivery. Everytime an employee from that office tries to email someone else who is outside of that office that piece of mail gets dropped (because AD user does not exist and because Exchange now handles us.company.com) How would I be able to make it so th...

Updating a Bank of America Account Help
This is my first time using MS Money 2005 Premium, and I need asisstance on how to update my Bank of America account. When I went through the wizard for setting up the bank account I entered everything it requested everything set up right I can see both my savings and checking account, but the problem is updating. When I try to update it, it doesn't do anything. Does MS Money even support automatic update from Bank of America? Please Help Thanks in Advance I think it depends on how Bank of America works their updates. I bank with Wells Fargo and the auto update does not work either. I...

IF Statement equalling multiple words. Please Help
I want to say if cell A1 = "word1" or "word2" or "word3", then "". Otherwise do this. I know how to make check if it = 1 item, but how do you make it check 3 or four things without using multiple IF statements? Thanks Phil Use and If(or(A1="word1",A1="word2",A1="word3"),then"",else) That should work for you, Cody "Phillip Vong" wrote: > I want to say if cell A1 = "word1" or "word2" or "word3", then "". > Otherwise do this. > > I know how t...

Beginner needs help
hello together, i spent several hours on solving the following problem: all i want is a = application with a single document horizontally divided by a splitter. = within the above view(?) i want to be able to scribble (like in the = appropriate tutorial of microsoft) while the bottom view(???) should be = able to receive and display text. additionally i want to save and print = everything together (common document?). even though i read many = tutorials about splitters, i am far from solving this task. is there = anybody who can tell me something about the basic structure i have to = use - or ...

Desperate Help Required Please!
Hello There :-) Setup is :- Microsoft Small Business Server 2003 Premium running Exchange. Machine is setup as a Domian Controller (only one on the network) and is named hfs-info-dc1, it is also the DNS server for the company using hfs-info.local We have a POP3 email server hosted by another company and it uses the following:- user@hfs-info.com All internal emails and external emails appear on the face of it to function correctly apart from..... Any of the users@hfs-info.com :/ If I try to send the an email to these users external to the company accessing their email using the PO...

Exange 2003 Server Administration
I am finding it difficult to delete a previous exchange server from the servers Folder under the First Administrative group. The Mail and Public Folder stores are both disabled and I want to delete it. ...

Web Client (IE) won't engage with CRM Server
Browser access to everything else works......but when clicking on IE to go into CRM, it begins to load and then bombs out (no error message appears). Any suggestions? remove any popup blockers from I.E. Regards Ashfaq Ali "Steds" <peters@[Email Protected]> wrote in message news:2d3951dbaa4f3dac92838a5de1c2ec75@localhost.talkaboutsoftware.com... > Browser access to everything else works......but when clicking on IE to go > into CRM, it begins to load and then bombs out (no error message > appears). > > Any suggestions? > ...

Web Query Help
Hello, I'm having a difficult time with Web Queries. I have set up a web query that automatically updates every 10 minutes. I would like to save the data from each of the updates in a separate sheet. So far I have had no luck. Can anyone point me in the correct direction? Thanks in advance. Peter How are you currently refreshing every 10 minutes? -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.ukANDTHIS www.nickhodge.co.uk "PeterJCollins" <ntsmith@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1167223369.636943.7160@a3g2000cwd.googlegro...

Excel Waiting List Help
I could use some help with an Excel Waiting List I am trying to create. My first column A is labeled Date and I formatted it as date. I have typed in 6/1/07 in A-1; I would like it when I type in in A-2 “6” the 1/07 is filled in already for me. The reason, this is a log of calls and there may be more than one entry call for that date. (Lazy typer) Also need help with column C. If in C-1 I type in Smith as the last name I would like it to type in for me “_mith” in C-6 if I type in S. Reason, this would tell me that person already called that day or in the past. Sounds like it might not...

Blade Server
Has any installed Dynamics/SQL on a Blade Server, and are their any issues with it? Cheers Kanti Well, I will be doing one on a blade server today. Performance would depend on the SAN or NAS configuration. Since logical drives are going to be assigned from "LUNS", I would say you could expect some performance hit. On this particular IBM Blade we have 5 drives . The drives are not on the blade itself, but on the SAN. I am installing GP remotely and I have to say that it is a bit slow. On the other hand, GP runs quite well on a Virtual server. Even if the virtual server ...

Help with Array Formula with Embedded Lookup
Hi, I have two tables with two columns each which I am displaying below in csv format: Table # 1: Store, Sales A, 5000 B, 4000 C, 6000 D, 2000 Table # 2: Store, Region 1,North 2,South 3,North I need to fill a table with the following format: Region, Total Sales North, <Total sales for North> South, <Total sales for South> I need hep with the <Total sales formulas>. I know a workaround is to create an additional column next to Table 1 to display the Region and then use SUMIF. However, this is not something that I can do in this situation. I tried the following formula,...

Installation Help 01-07-04
Hi, when i installed mscrm1.1 i got the error. setup was unable to install microsoft CRM server setup was unable to provision your organisation setup was unable to create user settings unknown error(80042F0D) how to rectifiy it. Regards, Hello Richard, which exact Version of MS CRM are you installing? Which Version of Windows Server is on your system? Which MS SQL Server Version is running? Which Servicepack? Please respond directly to this NG, thanks! Have a nice day Susanne Wollert Microsoft CRM Support EMEA "Richard I.P" <iamiamiam_77@yahoo.com> wrote in message ...

need help URGENT
I have a sbs 2003 with exchange2003 I have two accounts on my isp and i get the mail with pop3 connector 1 account deliver mail to all domain members, works fine The other account deliver mail to one user mailbox In the second when i receive a mail to undisclosed-recipients the system sents a NDR and i lose the mail Why, this account delivers to a direct mailbox I need help ...