Help!!! Migration Problem!

Morning Guys,
We're migrating from one Windows 2003 domain to another (acquisition).
DomainA.lab - Forest Trust 2000, Domain Trust 2003
DomainB.lab - Forest Trust 2003, Domain Trust 2003
Migration from DomainA.lab  to DomainB.lab - Trust relationship external,
2-way, Domain Wide Authentication
Side Filtering disabled on both domain and I can also see the SID History
attribute which is correct
Problem:
Users in domainA cant can't access SOME shares on domainB computers. The
SIDHistory attribute in DomainB matches the SID of the group in DomainA, but
still no luck.
Any suggestions.

0
Nik

Did you manually assign share permission in Domain B for Domain A users? ?

How did you assign Domain A users to access the shares?  Is it through a
security group or using Domain a user accounts?

--
Santhosh Sivarajan | MCTS, MCSE (W2K3/W2K/NT4), MCSA (W2K3/W2K/MSG), CCNA
Houston, TX

"Nik" <test> wrote in message news:ucmjC55vKHA.3896@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Morning Guys,
> We're migrating from one Windows 2003 domain to another (acquisition).
> DomainA.lab - Forest Trust 2000, Domain Trust 2003
> DomainB.lab - Forest Trust 2003, Domain Trust 2003
> Migration from DomainA.lab  to DomainB.lab - Trust relationship external,
> 2-way, Domain Wide Authentication
> Side Filtering disabled on both domain and I can also see the SID History
> attribute which is correct
> Problem:
> Users in domainA cant can't access SOME shares on domainB computers. The
> SIDHistory attribute in DomainB matches the SID of the group in DomainA,
> but still no luck.
> Any suggestions.

0
Santhosh
3/9/2010 3:45:03 PM
The user were assigned access to the shares via Security Groups. In this
case the user profile has him as a member of DomainA\Group1 while he is also
a member of DomainB\Group1. The difference is on the share, the security
permission is set for DomainB\Group1. Since SID history is in place
shouldn't the user be able to access the share even though he logins in as
DomainA\user?

"Santhosh Sivarajan" <santhosh@online.ss-infrastructure.com> wrote in
message news:#$yV795vKHA.5812@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Did you manually assign share permission in Domain B for Domain A users? ?
>
> How did you assign Domain A users to access the shares?  Is it through a
> security group or using Domain a user accounts?
>
> --
> Santhosh Sivarajan | MCTS, MCSE (W2K3/W2K/NT4), MCSA (W2K3/W2K/MSG), CCNA
> Houston, TX
> http://blogs.sivarajan.com/
> http://publications.sivarajan.com/

> rights.
>

> "Nik" <test> wrote in message
>> Morning Guys,
>> We're migrating from one Windows 2003 domain to another (acquisition).
>> DomainA.lab - Forest Trust 2000, Domain Trust 2003
>> DomainB.lab - Forest Trust 2003, Domain Trust 2003
>> Migration from DomainA.lab  to DomainB.lab - Trust relationship external,
>> 2-way, Domain Wide Authentication
>> Side Filtering disabled on both domain and I can also see the SID History
>> attribute which is correct
>> Problem:
>> Users in domainA cant can't access SOME shares on domainB computers. The
>> SIDHistory attribute in DomainB matches the SID of the group in DomainA,
>> but still no luck.
>> Any suggestions.

0
Nik
3/9/2010 4:32:33 PM
Did you migrate Group1 from DomainA to DomainB?  Do you have a SID history
in place for Group1?  Since you are assigning permission through Group1, SID
history must present in the group level.  Try to assign share permission to
one of these problem users using their user account not through groups.

--

"Nik" <test> wrote in message news:uvQWeX6vKHA.4752@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> The user were assigned access to the shares via Security Groups. In this
> case the user profile has him as a member of DomainA\Group1 while he is
> also a member of DomainB\Group1. The difference is on the share, the
> security permission is set for DomainB\Group1. Since SID history is in
> place shouldn't the user be able to access the share even though he logins
> in as DomainA\user?
>

> "Santhosh Sivarajan" <santhosh@online.ss-infrastructure.com> wrote in
> message news:#$yV795vKHA.5812@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>> Did you manually assign share permission in Domain B for Domain A users?
>> ?
>>
>> How did you assign Domain A users to access the shares?  Is it through a
>> security group or using Domain a user accounts?
>>
>> --
>> Santhosh Sivarajan | MCTS, MCSE (W2K3/W2K/NT4), MCSA (W2K3/W2K/MSG), CCNA
>> Houston, TX
>> http://blogs.sivarajan.com/
>> http://publications.sivarajan.com/

>> rights.
>>

>> "Nik" <test> wrote in message
>>> Morning Guys,
>>> We're migrating from one Windows 2003 domain to another (acquisition).
>>> DomainA.lab - Forest Trust 2000, Domain Trust 2003
>>> DomainB.lab - Forest Trust 2003, Domain Trust 2003
>>> Migration from DomainA.lab  to DomainB.lab - Trust relationship
>>> external, 2-way, Domain Wide Authentication
>>> Side Filtering disabled on both domain and I can also see the SID
>>> History attribute which is correct
>>> Problem:
>>> Users in domainA cant can't access SOME shares on domainB computers. The
>>> SIDHistory attribute in DomainB matches the SID of the group in DomainA,
>>> but still no luck.
>>> Any suggestions.

0
Santhosh
3/9/2010 5:02:38 PM
Yep Group1 was migrated from DomainA\Group1 to DomainB\Group1
Yep SID History is in place and if I check DomainB\Group1 I can see the new
SID and the SIDHistory. The DomainB\Group1 SIDHistory matches the Group1 SID
in DomainA\Group1
Which account should I used DomainA\User1 or DomainB\User1. At present
DomainB\User1 have no problem accessing the share. However when
DomainA\user1 logs in there is where the problem comes. So If I were to
change the permission that means I would have to assign DomainA\user1 access
to the share.

"Santhosh Sivarajan" <santhosh@online.ss-infrastructure.com> wrote in
message news:OH2NSp6vKHA.5940@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Did you migrate Group1 from DomainA to DomainB?  Do you have a SID history
> in place for Group1?  Since you are assigning permission through Group1,
> SID history must present in the group level.  Try to assign share
> permission to one of these problem users using their user account not
> through groups.
>
> --
> Santhosh Sivarajan | MCTS, MCSE (W2K3/W2K/NT4), MCSA (W2K3/W2K/MSG), CCNA
> Houston, TX
> http://blogs.sivarajan.com/
> http://publications.sivarajan.com/

> rights.
>

> "Nik" <test> wrote in message
>> The user were assigned access to the shares via Security Groups. In this
>> case the user profile has him as a member of DomainA\Group1 while he is
>> also a member of DomainB\Group1. The difference is on the share, the
>> security permission is set for DomainB\Group1. Since SID history is in
>> place shouldn't the user be able to access the share even though he
>> logins in as DomainA\user?
>>

>> "Santhosh Sivarajan" <santhosh@online.ss-infrastructure.com> wrote in
>> message news:#$yV795vKHA.5812@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>>> Did you manually assign share permission in Domain B for Domain A users?
>>> ?
>>>
>>> How did you assign Domain A users to access the shares?  Is it through a
>>> security group or using Domain a user accounts?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Santhosh Sivarajan | MCTS, MCSE (W2K3/W2K/NT4), MCSA (W2K3/W2K/MSG),
>>> CCNA
>>> Houston, TX
>>> http://blogs.sivarajan.com/
>>> http://publications.sivarajan.com/

>>> rights.
>>>

>>> "Nik" <test> wrote in message

0
Nik
3/9/2010 5:18:31 PM
Did you finish the migration?  If so, why do you need to use DomainA\user
credentials?  You should be using only DomainB credentials..

--

"Nik" <test> wrote in message news:ub7DJx6vKHA.4752@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> Yep Group1 was migrated from DomainA\Group1 to DomainB\Group1
> Yep SID History is in place and if I check DomainB\Group1 I can see the
> new SID and the SIDHistory. The DomainB\Group1 SIDHistory matches the
> Group1 SID in DomainA\Group1
> Which account should I used DomainA\User1 or DomainB\User1. At present
> DomainB\User1 have no problem accessing the share. However when
> DomainA\user1 logs in there is where the problem comes. So If I were to
> change the permission that means I would have to assign DomainA\user1
> access to the share.
>

> "Santhosh Sivarajan" <santhosh@online.ss-infrastructure.com> wrote in
> message news:OH2NSp6vKHA.5940@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>> Did you migrate Group1 from DomainA to DomainB?  Do you have a SID
>> history in place for Group1?  Since you are assigning permission through
>> Group1, SID history must present in the group level.  Try to assign share
>> permission to one of these problem users using their user account not
>> through groups.
>>
>> --
>> Santhosh Sivarajan | MCTS, MCSE (W2K3/W2K/NT4), MCSA (W2K3/W2K/MSG), CCNA
>> Houston, TX
>> http://blogs.sivarajan.com/
>> http://publications.sivarajan.com/

>> rights.
>>

>> "Nik" <test> wrote in message
>>> The user were assigned access to the shares via Security Groups. In this
>>> case the user profile has him as a member of DomainA\Group1 while he is
>>> also a member of DomainB\Group1. The difference is on the share, the
>>> security permission is set for DomainB\Group1. Since SID history is in
>>> place shouldn't the user be able to access the share even though he
>>> logins in as DomainA\user?
>>>

>>> "Santhosh Sivarajan" <santhosh@online.ss-infrastructure.com> wrote in
>>> message news:#$yV795vKHA.5812@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...

0
Santhosh
3/9/2010 5:47:06 PM
Nope the migration is not finished and some users need to be back and forth.
So is it that I have to explicitly place the permission for the
DomainA\user1 before it works? If so did I miss the class on understanding
SID history.

"Santhosh Sivarajan" <santhosh@online.ss-infrastructure.com> wrote in
message news:#c5hIC7vKHA.5936@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> Did you finish the migration?  If so, why do you need to use DomainA\user
> credentials?  You should be using only DomainB credentials..
>
> --
> Santhosh Sivarajan | MCTS, MCSE (W2K3/W2K/NT4), MCSA (W2K3/W2K/MSG), CCNA
> Houston, TX
> http://blogs.sivarajan.com/
> http://publications.sivarajan.com/

> rights.
>

> "Nik" <test> wrote in message
>> Yep Group1 was migrated from DomainA\Group1 to DomainB\Group1
>> Yep SID History is in place and if I check DomainB\Group1 I can see the
>> new SID and the SIDHistory. The DomainB\Group1 SIDHistory matches the
>> Group1 SID in DomainA\Group1
>> Which account should I used DomainA\User1 or DomainB\User1. At present
>> DomainB\User1 have no problem accessing the share. However when
>> DomainA\user1 logs in there is where the problem comes. So If I were to
>> change the permission that means I would have to assign DomainA\user1
>> access to the share.
>>

>> "Santhosh Sivarajan" <santhosh@online.ss-infrastructure.com> wrote in
>> message news:OH2NSp6vKHA.5940@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>>> Did you migrate Group1 from DomainA to DomainB?  Do you have a SID
>>> history in place for Group1?  Since you are assigning permission through
>>> Group1, SID history must present in the group level.  Try to assign
>>> share permission to one of these problem users using their user account
>>> not through groups.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Santhosh Sivarajan | MCTS, MCSE (W2K3/W2K/NT4), MCSA (W2K3/W2K/MSG),
>>> CCNA
>>> Houston, TX
>>> http://blogs.sivarajan.com/
>>> http://publications.sivarajan.com/

>>> rights.
>>>

>>> "Nik" <test> wrote in message

0
Nik
3/9/2010 5:59:50 PM
If you have SID history in-place for Group1 & User1, and User1 is a member
of Group1, you should be able access the share without any issues.

Did you check the Share and NTFS permissions on the folder?

--

"Nik" <test> wrote in message news:OfICNI7vKHA.3564@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> Nope the migration is not finished and some users need to be back and
> forth. So is it that I have to explicitly place the permission for the
> DomainA\user1 before it works? If so did I miss the class on understanding
> SID history.
>

> "Santhosh Sivarajan" <santhosh@online.ss-infrastructure.com> wrote in
> message news:#c5hIC7vKHA.5936@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>> Did you finish the migration?  If so, why do you need to use DomainA\user
>> credentials?  You should be using only DomainB credentials..
>>
>> --
>> Santhosh Sivarajan | MCTS, MCSE (W2K3/W2K/NT4), MCSA (W2K3/W2K/MSG), CCNA
>> Houston, TX
>> http://blogs.sivarajan.com/
>> http://publications.sivarajan.com/

>> rights.
>>

>> "Nik" <test> wrote in message
>>> Yep Group1 was migrated from DomainA\Group1 to DomainB\Group1
>>> Yep SID History is in place and if I check DomainB\Group1 I can see the
>>> new SID and the SIDHistory. The DomainB\Group1 SIDHistory matches the
>>> Group1 SID in DomainA\Group1
>>> Which account should I used DomainA\User1 or DomainB\User1. At present
>>> DomainB\User1 have no problem accessing the share. However when
>>> DomainA\user1 logs in there is where the problem comes. So If I were to
>>> change the permission that means I would have to assign DomainA\user1
>>> access to the share.
>>>

>>> "Santhosh Sivarajan" <santhosh@online.ss-infrastructure.com> wrote in
>>> message news:OH2NSp6vKHA.5940@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...

0
Santhosh
3/9/2010 6:10:01 PM
The Share permission has "Everyone" full "Domain User" Full.
NTFS has "Creator Owner" "System"
Group1 (DomainB\Group1) - Full
Administrators (hostname\administrators)
I rechecked the groups and verify that in DomainaA Group1 has a SID of abc
with no SID History, while in DomainB Group1 has a Sid of def with
SidHistory of abc.
Upon checking the DomainA\user1 account I see it has a SID of 123 and (in
this case) a SIDHistory of lmn
Now checking DomainB\User1 account has a Sid of 456 with Sid History of 123
and lmn. Could this extra SID History be the cause of the problem.
Thanks for all the help so far.

"Santhosh Sivarajan" <santhosh@online.ss-infrastructure.com> wrote in
message news:OcAI8O7vKHA.3896@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> If you have SID history in-place for Group1 & User1, and User1 is a member
> of Group1, you should be able access the share without any issues.
>
> Did you check the Share and NTFS permissions on the folder?
>
> --
> Santhosh Sivarajan | MCTS, MCSE (W2K3/W2K/NT4), MCSA (W2K3/W2K/MSG), CCNA
> Houston, TX
> http://blogs.sivarajan.com/
> http://publications.sivarajan.com/

> rights.
>

> "Nik" <test> wrote in message
>> Nope the migration is not finished and some users need to be back and
>> forth. So is it that I have to explicitly place the permission for the
>> DomainA\user1 before it works? If so did I miss the class on
>> understanding SID history.
>>

>> "Santhosh Sivarajan" <santhosh@online.ss-infrastructure.com> wrote in
>> message news:#c5hIC7vKHA.5936@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>>> Did you finish the migration?  If so, why do you need to use
>>> DomainA\user credentials?  You should be using only DomainB
>>> credentials..
>>>
>>> --
>>> Santhosh Sivarajan | MCTS, MCSE (W2K3/W2K/NT4), MCSA (W2K3/W2K/MSG),
>>> CCNA
>>> Houston, TX
>>> http://blogs.sivarajan.com/
>>> http://publications.sivarajan.com/

>>> rights.
>>>

>>> "Nik" <test> wrote in message

0
Nik
3/9/2010 6:46:42 PM
I don't think it is the issue with additional SID.

Here is a test.  Create a new Group and User in DomainA.  Add new user to
that group.  Migrate this Group and User.  Create a share in DomainB &
assign permission.  Check the permission using your source account.

How did you migrate the user and Group?  ADMT?  did you modify the group
membership after the migration?  Assuming you migrated the user object with
group membership option.

--

"Nik" <test> wrote in message news:uMTnYi7vKHA.5036@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> The Share permission has "Everyone" full "Domain User" Full.
> NTFS has "Creator Owner" "System"
> Group1 (DomainB\Group1) - Full
> Administrators (hostname\administrators)
> I rechecked the groups and verify that in DomainaA Group1 has a SID of abc
> with no SID History, while in DomainB Group1 has a Sid of def with
> SidHistory of abc.
> Upon checking the DomainA\user1 account I see it has a SID of 123 and (in
> this case) a SIDHistory of lmn
> Now checking DomainB\User1 account has a Sid of 456 with Sid History of
> 123 and lmn. Could this extra SID History be the cause of the problem.
> Thanks for all the help so far.
>

> "Santhosh Sivarajan" <santhosh@online.ss-infrastructure.com> wrote in
> message news:OcAI8O7vKHA.3896@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>> If you have SID history in-place for Group1 & User1, and User1 is a
>> member of Group1, you should be able access the share without any issues.
>>
>> Did you check the Share and NTFS permissions on the folder?
>>
>> --
>> Santhosh Sivarajan | MCTS, MCSE (W2K3/W2K/NT4), MCSA (W2K3/W2K/MSG), CCNA
>> Houston, TX
>> http://blogs.sivarajan.com/
>> http://publications.sivarajan.com/

>> rights.
>>

>> "Nik" <test> wrote in message
>>> Nope the migration is not finished and some users need to be back and
>>> forth. So is it that I have to explicitly place the permission for the
>>> DomainA\user1 before it works? If so did I miss the class on
>>> understanding SID history.
>>>

>>> "Santhosh Sivarajan" <santhosh@online.ss-infrastructure.com> wrote in
>>> message news:#c5hIC7vKHA.5936@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...

0
Santhosh
3/9/2010 10:30:56 PM
Hey Santhsoh,
I don't think it's a SID problem, I did that test and had no problems. The
migration was done with ADMT.  I will investigate it further.
Thanks

"Santhosh Sivarajan" <santhosh@online.ss-infrastructure.com> wrote in
message news:65714CA0-E38D-4FC9-ADF6-73D863D23902@microsoft.com...
> I don't think it is the issue with additional SID.
>
> Here is a test.  Create a new Group and User in DomainA.  Add new user to
> that group.  Migrate this Group and User.  Create a share in DomainB &
> assign permission.  Check the permission using your source account.
>
> How did you migrate the user and Group?  ADMT?  did you modify the group
> membership after the migration?  Assuming you migrated the user object
> with group membership option.
>
> --
> Santhosh Sivarajan | MCTS, MCSE (W2K3/W2K/NT4), MCSA (W2K3/W2K/MSG), CCNA
> Houston, TX
> http://blogs.sivarajan.com/
> http://publications.sivarajan.com/

> rights.
>

> "Nik" <test> wrote in message
>> The Share permission has "Everyone" full "Domain User" Full.
>> NTFS has "Creator Owner" "System"
>> Group1 (DomainB\Group1) - Full
>> Administrators (hostname\administrators)
>> I rechecked the groups and verify that in DomainaA Group1 has a SID of
>> abc with no SID History, while in DomainB Group1 has a Sid of def with
>> SidHistory of abc.
>> Upon checking the DomainA\user1 account I see it has a SID of 123 and (in
>> this case) a SIDHistory of lmn
>> Now checking DomainB\User1 account has a Sid of 456 with Sid History of
>> 123 and lmn. Could this extra SID History be the cause of the problem.
>> Thanks for all the help so far.
>>

>> "Santhosh Sivarajan" <santhosh@online.ss-infrastructure.com> wrote in
>> message news:OcAI8O7vKHA.3896@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>>> If you have SID history in-place for Group1 & User1, and User1 is a
>>> member of Group1, you should be able access the share without any
>>> issues.
>>>
>>> Did you check the Share and NTFS permissions on the folder?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Santhosh Sivarajan | MCTS, MCSE (W2K3/W2K/NT4), MCSA (W2K3/W2K/MSG),
>>> CCNA
>>> Houston, TX
>>> http://blogs.sivarajan.com/
>>> http://publications.sivarajan.com/

>>> rights.
>>>

>>> "Nik" <test> wrote in message

0
Nik
3/10/2010 2:22:30 PM
It is not the SID issue.  You might have modified the group membership.

--

"Nik" <test> wrote in message news:OpM5qzFwKHA.4492@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> Hey Santhsoh,
> I don't think it's a SID problem, I did that test and had no problems. The
> migration was done with ADMT.  I will investigate it further.
> Thanks
>
> "Santhosh Sivarajan" <santhosh@online.ss-infrastructure.com> wrote in
> message news:65714CA0-E38D-4FC9-ADF6-73D863D23902@microsoft.com...
>> I don't think it is the issue with additional SID.
>>
>> Here is a test.  Create a new Group and User in DomainA.  Add new user to
>> that group.  Migrate this Group and User.  Create a share in DomainB &
>> assign permission.  Check the permission using your source account.
>>
>> How did you migrate the user and Group?  ADMT?  did you modify the group
>> membership after the migration?  Assuming you migrated the user object
>> with group membership option.
>>
>> --
>> Santhosh Sivarajan | MCTS, MCSE (W2K3/W2K/NT4), MCSA (W2K3/W2K/MSG), CCNA
>> Houston, TX
>> http://blogs.sivarajan.com/
>> http://publications.sivarajan.com/

>> rights.
>>

>> "Nik" <test> wrote in message
>>> The Share permission has "Everyone" full "Domain User" Full.
>>> NTFS has "Creator Owner" "System"
>>> Group1 (DomainB\Group1) - Full
>>> Administrators (hostname\administrators)
>>> I rechecked the groups and verify that in DomainaA Group1 has a SID of
>>> abc with no SID History, while in DomainB Group1 has a Sid of def with
>>> SidHistory of abc.
>>> Upon checking the DomainA\user1 account I see it has a SID of 123 and
>>> (in this case) a SIDHistory of lmn
>>> Now checking DomainB\User1 account has a Sid of 456 with Sid History of
>>> 123 and lmn. Could this extra SID History be the cause of the problem.
>>> Thanks for all the help so far.
>>>

>>> "Santhosh Sivarajan" <santhosh@online.ss-infrastructure.com> wrote in
>>> message news:OcAI8O7vKHA.3896@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...

0
Santhosh
3/10/2010 2:43:56 PM
The whole problem here is that I'm trying to clean up someone else mess. I
mentioned it is a permission issue and since he seems adamant that it is not
I decided to just get other opinions. But I did that test yesterday and
noticed your message this morning. The test works fine and I'm still saying
its a permission issue to him. Hopefully the test makes him rethink and
review his steps. Thanks for all the help

"Santhosh Sivarajan" <santhosh@online.ss-infrastructure.com> wrote in
message news:#5FsbAGwKHA.5340@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> It is not the SID issue.  You might have modified the group membership.
>
> --
> Santhosh Sivarajan | MCTS, MCSE (W2K3/W2K/NT4), MCSA (W2K3/W2K/MSG), CCNA
> Houston, TX
> http://blogs.sivarajan.com/
> http://publications.sivarajan.com/

> rights.
>

> "Nik" <test> wrote in message
>> Hey Santhsoh,
>> I don't think it's a SID problem, I did that test and had no problems.
>> The migration was done with ADMT.  I will investigate it further.
>> Thanks
>>
>> "Santhosh Sivarajan" <santhosh@online.ss-infrastructure.com> wrote in
>> message news:65714CA0-E38D-4FC9-ADF6-73D863D23902@microsoft.com...
>>> I don't think it is the issue with additional SID.
>>>
>>> Here is a test.  Create a new Group and User in DomainA.  Add new user
>>> to that group.  Migrate this Group and User.  Create a share in DomainB
>>> & assign permission.  Check the permission using your source account.
>>>
>>> How did you migrate the user and Group?  ADMT?  did you modify the group
>>> membership after the migration?  Assuming you migrated the user object
>>> with group membership option.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Santhosh Sivarajan | MCTS, MCSE (W2K3/W2K/NT4), MCSA (W2K3/W2K/MSG),
>>> CCNA
>>> Houston, TX
>>> http://blogs.sivarajan.com/
>>> http://publications.sivarajan.com/

>>> rights.
>>>

>>> "Nik" <test> wrote in message

0
Nik
3/10/2010 2:58:24 PM
Yep..seems like a permission issue...good luck..

--

"Nik" <test> wrote in message news:OxosdHGwKHA.6140@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> The whole problem here is that I'm trying to clean up someone else mess. I
> mentioned it is a permission issue and since he seems adamant that it is
> not I decided to just get other opinions. But I did that test yesterday
> and noticed your message this morning. The test works fine and I'm still
> saying its a permission issue to him. Hopefully the test makes him rethink
> and review his steps. Thanks for all the help
>
> "Santhosh Sivarajan" <santhosh@online.ss-infrastructure.com> wrote in
> message news:#5FsbAGwKHA.5340@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>> It is not the SID issue.  You might have modified the group membership.
>>
>> --
>> Santhosh Sivarajan | MCTS, MCSE (W2K3/W2K/NT4), MCSA (W2K3/W2K/MSG), CCNA
>> Houston, TX
>> http://blogs.sivarajan.com/
>> http://publications.sivarajan.com/

>> rights.
>>

>> "Nik" <test> wrote in message
>>> Hey Santhsoh,
>>> I don't think it's a SID problem, I did that test and had no problems.
>>> The migration was done with ADMT.  I will investigate it further.
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> "Santhosh Sivarajan" <santhosh@online.ss-infrastructure.com> wrote in
>>> message news:65714CA0-E38D-4FC9-ADF6-73D863D23902@microsoft.com...

0
Santhosh
3/10/2010 3:01:12 PM
Thanks

"Santhosh Sivarajan" <santhosh@online.ss-infrastructure.com> wrote in
message news:#6ZGFKGwKHA.5340@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> Yep..seems like a permission issue...good luck..
>
> --
> Santhosh Sivarajan | MCTS, MCSE (W2K3/W2K/NT4), MCSA (W2K3/W2K/MSG), CCNA
> Houston, TX
> http://blogs.sivarajan.com/
> http://publications.sivarajan.com/

> rights.
>

> "Nik" <test> wrote in message
>> The whole problem here is that I'm trying to clean up someone else mess.
>> I mentioned it is a permission issue and since he seems adamant that it
>> is not I decided to just get other opinions. But I did that test
>> yesterday and noticed your message this morning. The test works fine and
>> I'm still saying its a permission issue to him. Hopefully the test makes
>> him rethink and review his steps. Thanks for all the help
>>
>> "Santhosh Sivarajan" <santhosh@online.ss-infrastructure.com> wrote in
>> message news:#5FsbAGwKHA.5340@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>>> It is not the SID issue.  You might have modified the group membership.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Santhosh Sivarajan | MCTS, MCSE (W2K3/W2K/NT4), MCSA (W2K3/W2K/MSG),
>>> CCNA
>>> Houston, TX
>>> http://blogs.sivarajan.com/
>>> http://publications.sivarajan.com/

>>> rights.
>>>

>>> "Nik" <test> wrote in message

0
Nik

Quicken file conversion problems
I'm trying to test out the new 2004 by importing my quicken file throught the initial Wizard. Only problem it I get the following error message: Your Quicken file could not be converted. Money could not convert your Quicken file. You might have run out of disk space or system memory. Try closing other programs and making sure the disk you are copying your file to has enough space. Then try converting the file again. Can anyone help? TIA In microsoft.public.money, Scott wrote: >I'm trying to test out the new 2004 by importing my >quicken file throught the initial Wiz...

Help with a formula..
I am trying to create a formula that will take information from a cell on one sheet and combine it with text on another sheet. I know how to get the two together. My problem is that I want the part that is brought in to be bolded type. Here is what I have in the formula. ="we are pleased to submit our quotation for "&(cell reference)&" according to the following specifications." What I want to do is have the cell reference part be bold type. Is there a way to do that? It doesnt work if I bold the cell.. already tried it.. Any suggestions? Thanks! KK You'...

Help needed urgently
Hi, Im trying to check that one row of data satifies a criteria, then if it does it counts an entry in another column adjescent to it. Example: - Column A - Column B Blay - Y Blay - N Blay - Y Chop - N Chop - N High - Y What i would be asking (of a much bigger table) is If Column A = Blaydon and then column B (same row) = Y, then count. In this example I would want 2 returned as the answer. Is this possible? Thanks -- Andy Try one of these... Use cells to hold the criteria: D2 = Blaydon E2 = Y If you're using Excel 2007 or later: =COUNTIFS(A2:A7,...

Uninstalled Word 2004 test drive
I installed the "Test Drive" version of Microsoft Word 2004 on my ibook, G2, 500 mhz, machine. I am running Panther. After trying it for a couple days and becoming very frustrated with the program I followed all directions to remove the program ... I removed only the 2004 version. After uninstalling I could not automatically open any of my word documents. I never "created" any using the test drive, but I can�t open any of my documents created on my Word X version. Trying to open these documents I received an error message: "The operation could not be completed....

An Outlook 2003 Problem

help with dynamic tables

CRM 4.0 Custom Report Filter Problem

Duplicate personal folders problem
Hello all, I have a problem with Outlook 2003 and I hope someone can help me resolve it I imported a PST file from Outlook XP that was on a different machine, and now I have two versions of Personal Folders in my All Mail Folders list. They both have Deleted Items, Drafts, Inbox, Junk E-mail, Outbox, Sent Items and Search Folders in. One of them has an icon of a piece of paper with a clock to the top left and a house to the top right. The other one has an icon like a stack of files (like from a filing cabinet) They are clearly referencing the same thing, as the Deleted Items both have al...

Excel Problem #3
I have win2000 with Office 2000 in the network! When i try to rename one excel file my computer make restart. This hapening not to all files,and all files there are in the same folder in the network! What hapen,and what i can do so as to work out the problem? I have all the required permissions on that network folder. No one else has any of the files open. They are not shared workbooks. ...

Interesting Solver problem (Solver encounters an error)
Here's an interesting problem, I wonder if anyone has any thoughts o this. Recognize that my real problem is very complex (severa intermediate calculation including some iterative steps), but th problem I'm having seems similar (conceptually anyway) to this simpl problem. Given a data set: x,y 10,3.9 8,3.2 7,2.8 6,2.2 5,1.4 4.5,0.8 4,0.01 3.8,-0.4 3.6,-1 3.5,-1.4 3.4,-1.8 3.3,-2.4 3.2,-3.2 3.1,-4.6 3.05,-6 One could look at the data and say, "that looks like the curve y=ln(x) but with a different asymptote other than the y-axis and possibly scaling factor." So we choos...

Macro Help #18
Well I think this is a macro. I have searched my excel book and i can not seem to figure out what to do. I want to write something that if this statement is true, then the font color changes. But here is the potential problem. THe location of the text will change. So i need it to search for this text and then change the color. Does that make sense? Is this possible? If this can be done it will really help me. Thanks in advance. This is exactly what i am trying to do. You type in a persons name into cell a1. you also type a name into cell a2. These names will transfer over ...

Next button problems
I have a next button in a form that I have criteria for. I have a date field that has to be entered before going to another record. When I click the next button I get the pop up that says click update to continue but the form displays the next record instead of staying on the current record that needs updating. Here is the code that I am using. ____________________________________________________________________________________ Private Sub Command39_Click() If IsNull([Post Called Customer]) Then MsgBox "You must click the UPDATE button to continue!!!" Cancel = True End If On Erro...

Problems with MFC list controls
I have a large list control with many inventory control items displayed within. When someone single clicks on an item, it displays information about that item in another part of the dialog. I have a three-fold problem, the master list has multiple columns in it, in order to make the selection work properly, only column 0 can be selected, is there a way to make a valid row selection if you select an item using any of the other columns? Second issue is the highlight of the selection. Only column 0 in the list control will highlight, is there a way to make the entire row highlight when an...

Problem with message routing between EXCH2K and EX2K3
We are running a ver simply Exchange topology, with an Exchange 2000 single server (ServerA) acting as "dumb" Information Store. Incoming and outbound SMTP email is relayed through a Linux based SMTP host relay on the same subnet, which handles all domain lookups for mail routing. ServerA is configured to use to the Linux SMTP server as it's smart host. The domain is a native Windows 2003 AD topology. My problem is the following: I have recently added a new Exchange 2003 Server (ServerB) into our Exchange site topology. If I create a user (UserA) on ServerA and then do a...

Problem inserting cut range
I'm trying to cut a range then insert the cut range at a particular location. The code looks like this: Range("F5:G" & ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count).Cut Range("D5").Insert(xlShiftToRight) However, when it reaches this point, I get an error saying "Cut method of Range class failed". I've tried changing the destination range so that it reads similar to the origin range, but that didn't help. Can someone help me get the syntax on this line correct? I've got several similar lines further down in the code. If I can fix thi...

Visio Printing Problem
I am trying to print a flowchart. The print view displays the complet flowchart. However, when I print the flowchart, the top half of th flowchart is omitted and the bottom half prints. Any problem solvin recommendations would be appreciated -- jqsandma ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jqsandman's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=661 View this thread: http://www.officehelp.in/showthread.php?t=136719 Posted from - http://www.officehelp.i this usually ends up as being "apply available software patches to visio" or &quo...

Attachment problems
Hi, Is there anyway to unlock outlook 2002's block on ".exe" files. I know these are Level1 blocks, but can't find a way to configure it. I have recieved an important program and need to run it. Thanks in advance Scott Try here: Opening .exe Attachments with the Outlook E-mail Security Update and Outlook 2002 http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "Scott White" <ddltrade@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OmVN4JVnDHA.1672@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... Hi, Is there anyway to unlock outlook 2002's block on...

Help
Hi... I tried to work on Word today for first time on newish Mac and realized none of my Office applications work. When I double click on Word I can see something happening as I get the circle of colours twirling, but half an hour later it still hadn't opened. I just have to do this as quickly as possible as I have a deadline for what I have to do Monday at 12. I've tried reinstalling the software, but that didn't do anything for me. Mind you I know absolutely nothing about installing anything on Mac computers so I could be doing it all wrong. Do any of you have any idea what c...