Group Policy Backup

Is there a way that a Group Policy Object can be backed up on a Server Core
machine? Like we do using GPMC in a full dc. Using Powershell?

0
Venkat

Howdie!

Am 01.07.2010 15:50, schrieb Venkat:
> Is there a way that a Group Policy Object can be backed up on a Server Core
> machine? Like we do using GPMC in a full dc. Using Powershell?

GPMC delivers Scripts you can use to back them up. You can also download
them seperately:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=38c1a89b-a6d2-4f2a-a944-9236999aee65&displaylang=en

There should be plenty of scripting that involves backups and stuff that
work on Server Core, too.

Cheers,
Florian
0
Florian

A question about Outlookexpress backup file (.dbx)
Hi, there. Is there anybody here know how to recover the compact Outlookexpress5 backup files (.dbx file)? Thanks a lot! "Jerry" <chance912@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:18e201c4a252$09d330b0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, there. Is there anybody here know how to recover the > compact Outlookexpress5 backup files (.dbx file)? Thanks a > lot! From where? Jerry <chance912@hotmail.com> wrote: > Hi, there. Is there anybody here know how to recover the > compact Outlookexpress5 backup files (.dbx file)? Thanks a > lot! DBX files are NOT "Outlook...

Grouping on a report
I have a report with Group information. I want to group by the Group number. There can be multiple group numbers and I want each group number to have it's own page. I have the sorting and grouping set to group by GrpId. The Group on is set to Each Value, the Keep Together is set to Whole Group. My report is still putting more than one GrpId on a page. Any other suggestions? Thanks. add a group footer for the Grpid Close the Sorting and grouping dialog. In design view Set New Page to After Group for the group footer. Or in the group header set New Page to Before Group -- John ...

Arcserve 11.5 failed to backup two mailboxes out of 103
We use ArcServe 11.5 to do a document level backup of our Exchange 2003 mailboxes. When the application ran for the first time last night on the production server, after testing on a test server, the notification I recieved was that the backup job was incomplete. It failed to backup two mailboxes out of 103. How can I determine which mailboxes were not backed up and more importantly, why they were not backed up. I am not sure if this is an Exchange 2003 issue or an ArcServe issue. My inclination is that it is an Exchange 2003 issue because it did successfully back up the other 1...

sync. backup folders...
I am using exchange and outlook 2003. My boss is using her Treo phone which I was able to sync. with her outlook mail, calendar and contacts. Everything sinycs. fine except contacts sub folders. For some reason it sync. some of her sub folder backup contacts and not the original sub folder. Any idea? By the way, she is using another computer at home and connects through VPN to access outlook. "Dooma" <nowhere@noway.com> wrote in news:OYE8zfpUGHA.6084@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl: > I am using exchange and outlook 2003. My boss is using her Treo phone > which I was able...

backup to floppy weirdness
Sometimes when I tell the M05 trial version to backup to floppy, it says it will take more than 2 disks. Obviously, I can only put in one disk at a time. So I put in one disk, hoping it will just prompt for the second disk when it fills up the first. No. I tells me there is not enough room on the disk. AND...sometimes it doesn't say it will take more than one disk. Those times, I can just put in my disk and it backs up normally. What's up with that? kp It makes an estimate of how many floppies it will take based on some estimate of compressibility of the data. Sometimes its e...

Windows Vista File Backup / Restore
Can anyone help. I've had a drive partition fail and, after a couple of days work (and a new drive), need to restore ALL the files from the original partition from my backup(s). I'm not clear how I do this... I assume Vista does Incremental Backups between Full Backups...? In which case I need to restore my (most recent) Full Backup followed by my Last Backup? Only problem is, I cant see, from the Vista Restore utility, which was my most recent Full Backup! Help. Thanks Mark ...

Grouping and printing labels
Using Access 2007. I have a very simple query with the following fields: FamID, FamName, StudLast, StudFirst, StudRoom, StudGrd I've previously created several reports based on this query, grouping on the FamID field, then sorting the students by their grade in the detail. Works just fine to pull into various letter-size documents. This is what I get: Page #1 Blah blah text FamName FamID 1StudFirst 1StudLast 1StudRoom 2StudFirst 2StudLast 2StudRoom 3StudFirst 3StudLast 3StudRoom Blah blah text Page #2 Blah blah text FamName FamID 1StudFirst 1StudLast 1StudRoom Blah blah t...

Recipient Profiles/Policies
Hi All, Got a bit of a problem that I need help with. If user aa@abc.com sends a email to bb@abc.com and bb is a valid user, the Exchange routes the message to bb's mailbox. If bb isn't a valid user, Exchange returns an unknown user message to aa rather than forwarding it onto the SMTP server. I understand that this is possible... Can anyone help??? Please??? Cheers, -- Grant Turri-Petrie Are you saying that you want to forward mail for a domain that Exchange has responsibility for outbound after it sees no valid user exists in its organization? Thanks, Dan "Grant" w...

SBS2003 Backup Failing
Hi I have been away for a week and come back to our server backups failing. Below is a copy of the log for last nights backup. Anyone got any ideas way it would start to fail when nothing has changed? 6/09/2010 11:00 PM ------------------------------- Date: 6/09/2010 Time: 11:00 PM User: SYSTEM ------------------------------- Backup Runner started. Launching NTBackup: ntbackup.exe backup "@C:\Program Files\Microsoft Windows Small Business Server\Backup\Small Business Backup Script.bks" /d "SBS Backup created on 6/09/2010 at 11:00 PM" /v:yes /r:no /r...

Double database backups occuring only on our Great Plains Server
Why do we have double database backups occuring only on our Great Plains server? There is nothing abnormal with our database backup jobs. Though, we are using SQL Server database maintenaince plans for backing up the Great Plain databases. We even upgraded to a new server, and the dame problem exists. Furthermore, we have over 20 SQL Server 2000 servers, and this problem does not exist. Thank you. Have you checked your settings for Maintenance Plans and SQL Jobs in Enterprise Manager? Most likely you will see two jobs created in there for backups. To my knowledge Great Plains doe...

OT: Google Groups not Threading
Notes on 25 May 2011 The "New Google Groups" UI does not thread correctly, but the old UI still does. From the old Google Groups UI there is a link to switch to the "new Google Groups" but I am not aware of a link to get from the new UI to the old UI. I just spent a few minutes trying to learn how to get back to the old google groups from the new groups .... and I didn't find a link to get there from here. The URL for the new UI looks something like this: https://groups.google.com/d/forum/�groupname� or https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/�groupname� https://gr...

microsoft outlook backup
i am using xp home edition, my HDD crashed and i installed windows xp home in a new HDD. Now I want to take backup of my all emails & address book to my new HDD. Could u please tell me which files to search & take the backup for emails & for the address book ( I have the data in microsoft outlook & also in outlook exp) Thanks. On Sat, 3 Jul 2004 21:36:56 -0700, "abd" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i am using xp home edition, my HDD crashed and i installed >windows xp home in a new HDD. Now I want to take backup of >my all emails ...

Microsoft Exchange options missing from the windows backup utility
Im trying to use ntbackup installed in serverA (windows 2003) to backup a exchange server in serverB (windows 2003 SP1) A Exchange Servers Folder doesnt appear in ntbackup, then I have Exchange System Manager in serverA installed but still..the Exchange Servers Folder doesn't appear. some idea ? does the account you're logged on with have sufficient Exchange permissions? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Alexander Wolff" <AlexanderWolff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A7FFD6EA-10CA-42C2-9A46-92EED4FA16E2@microsoft.com... > Im trying to use ntbackup i...

ADAM Backup generating an Event 2089
I have two adam instances installed in a domain. The OS they are running on is Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2. I have been performing NT backups of the entire "C" drive where ADAM is installed as well as a system state backup of the machine. I am getting Event ID 2089 warning messages in the ADAM event logs that the partitions need to be backed up. I opened up a case with MS about this in February of 08 and they told me it was a bug with the VSS writer updating the dsasignature attribute. My question is if I continue to get these messages the user objects in ADAM will not t...

Recipient Policies #17
I need to remove an email address from our organizaion. It is part of a recipient policy. I need some of the email address that are in the policy to stay. Is there a way to automate the removal of this one particular email address from all accounts in the organization? I am running Exchange Server 2003 with SP1 ...

grouping PivotTable items
Using Excel list to create a pivot table. Sometimes I Excel doesn't allow me to group a date field - saying "Cannot group that selection." If I delete this pivot table and create a new table, it will now allow the date field to be grouped. I didn't make any changes to the source data. What's the cause of this? It wasn't a problem when I was creating a pivot table manually, but now I'm trying to automate it within a macro, there's run-time error when it gets the group statement. this is usually symptomatic of a non date value being in the column of d...

group polciy not updating through active directory
Hi i am using windows 2000 server and active directory , i was trying to set up the proxy setting in active directory to limit the internet use by putting some exceptions websites that they can visit, it was working fine ealrier but now i am trying to add more sites to exception list and it dont work also other seetings seems stopped working as well. for example user can not go to internet options even when i change the policy to not configured, i try to install and use group policy management tool but no luckkk, please help me in this i am getting frustrated here... You need to ask ...

This security ID may not be assigned as the primary group of an ob
We are working on inserting data into CRM and getting the following error: Error Description: This security ID may not be assigned as the primary group of an object. Any suggestions? The BU & Security seems to match that of existing data. Thanks, Scott ...

Renaming "First Administrative Group" in Exchange 2003 Native Mode
Hi, I'm running Exchange 2003 in a pure 2003 native mode environment. I have two administrative groups, the first of which just has the default name of "First Administrative Group". I would like to rename this and have tried doing so by right-clicking it (from within Exchange System Manager) and selecting the Rename option. However, after I'd done this I found Recipient Policies weren't working, and when I rebooted the Information Store wouldn't start. I changed the name back to the default and rebooted, and everything started working again. Are there additio...

Script to backup and rename excel files...
I plan to use a row delete script (I have this already) to get rid of old data here at work. Before I run this though (I will be running it fairly frequently) I thought I should backup the file I am working on. Is it possible to write a script which creates a backup of the current Excel file I am working on, without changing the filename of the 'live' workbook, and which names the backup file with the time and date so it is both unique and also searchable (EG 03122003-1645.xls or similar) ? Ideally I would combine the two scripts so that once the script is run a backup is created an...

Differential backup
Hi All Quick question regarding differential backup. I plan to setup a solution with a monthly cycle, full backup ever first in the month and differential for the rest of the month. The data in the databases do not change that much, but i will of course have to monitor if the diff gets larger than the full backup. My question is, if anybody has experience with a cycle as large as a month, and anything to recommend against it. I'm mainly interested in if such a setup increases my risk of having broken backups. Best regards Jens Hi Permit me to advise you to go for nigh...

Constant number of lines per group
I need to print a constant number of lines per group, as my report needs to print on pre-printed forms, and the data needs to land in the correct location on the paper. I found the following support article on Microsoft's web site, but it indicates that it works only through version 97. Hoping it would still work anyway, I followed the instructions, but it did not work for me in Access 2007. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q119073 Does anybody know how to accomplish this in 2007? TIA. "... did not work ... in Access 2007" does not tell us much. Did Access print anything?...

brick level backup of public folder store (Exmerge unable to do it....)
Hi I am using exmerge to perform regular brick level backups of my exchange 2000 instalation the problem is that exmerge can only backup private information stores. I have several critical (public) folders that are on the public information store and exmerge cannot back them up (this seems to be a limitation of this tool). Is there a way/tool to export these public folders to PST files the same that exmerge does with user mailboxes, on a scheduled basis? I am currently using Outlook to manually copy the data from the public folders to folders in a PST file but this is not very efficient...

Restore Backup Problems
My hard drive recently crashed. Lucky for me, I always backed up my data to a floppy. UNLUCKY for me, when I try to restore the back up, I get an error message that says the file is either corrupted or not a Money backup file. There are three other files on the disc (all word .doc files) and they open without any problems. Anyone have this problem or know of a possible remedy. I don't want to start all over again (3 years of data...)! Help! bobm In microsoft.public.money, Bob wrote: >My hard drive recently crashed. Lucky for me, I always >backed up my data to a floppy....

Query-Based E-mail Groups
I have created query-based email group that contains 1,600 users. When I send an email to that group, about 350 users don't get the message. I as the owner of the group get an undeliverable stating: The e-mail system limits the number of recipients that can be addressed in a single message. Send the message multiple times to fewer recipients. For all 350 users. So I check my "Message Delivery Properties" in ESM. I have my "Recipient Limits" set to 2,000. I double checked the query-based email group to make sure it was under 2,000 recipients and ...