Domain and forest functional level RODC

Hello

I am reading http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc731243(WS.10).aspx
and it says the FFL and DFL need to be at windows 2003 or higher to support
a RODC, I was under the impression that the DFL and FFL needed to be at
windows 2008 in order to support RODC's. Can someone please confirm what
level AD needs to be at in order to support a RODC?

and what DFL and FFL needs to be in place to support fine-grained password
policies ?

Many thanks for the clarification

0
sawyer

Hello Sawyer,

No, you need at least one Windows server 2008 RWDC to add a RODC. That's all.

Fine grained password policy requires domain functional level 2008.
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc770394(WS.10).aspx

Best regards

Meinolf Weber
no rights.

> Hello
>
> I am reading
> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc731243(WS.10).aspx and it
> says the FFL and DFL need to be at windows 2003 or higher to support a
> RODC, I was under the impression that the DFL and FFL needed to be at
> windows 2008 in order to support RODC's. Can someone please confirm
> what level AD needs to be at in order to support a RODC?
>
> and what DFL and FFL needs to be in place to support fine-grained
> password policies ?
>
> Many thanks for the clarification

0
Meinolf

Protection function is not available
I really do need some help. I finished creating a Family budget plan on one one entire sheet and at the end of it all I protected the worksheet and workbook after completion. then and only then, I realized that there are areas that i have that is protected that is NOT to be protected. Know when I try to go in and unprotect the sheet/book it will not allow me to do so. the option to unprotect is grayed out preventing me from unprotecting me worksheet/book. if it helps, i am using office XP. Did you share the workbook? Do you have multiple worksheets grouped? Look in the title bar. If ...

Merge records function
Is it possible to reuse the record merge function in CRM. Fx to call the function with a valid Account GUID with a URL-call to mergerecords ? I want this to open the merge windows with the GUID as the master record. ...

How to add a new domain to Exchange 2003?
Hey everyone, We are running Windows 2003 and Exchange 2003. Our email domain is "mycompany.com". We would like to tell Exchange also except email for domain "newdomain.com". How do I add that at the Exchange level? I now about DNS, MX records and all of that. We don't need all of that, we are just running a test. Thanks for any and all help. Clayton Recipient Policy http://support.microsoft.com/?id=268838 -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Clayton Sutton" <n...

Excel functions
Hi everyone, Hope somebody could help me with these problems. Problem #1. row 1 =DSUM(database,field,'$A4:$A5) where A4 = "destin"; A5 = "Consolidator 1" row 2 =DSUM(database,field,'$A6:$A7) where A6 = "destin"; A7 = "Consolidator 2" ..... row n =DSUM(database,field,'$An:$Am) where An = "destin"; Am = "Consolidator n" I waste a lot of rows for this criteria only because I do not know ho to create it another way, I mean (A4, A6 and so on) Problem #2 I have named several range of cells in workbook. I want to change...

sender domain name?
I have one Exchange 2003 in a semi-lab setup. It is part of my lab domain, we'll call it test.domain, so my server is mail.test.domain Obviously test.domain is not resolveable from the Internet and when I send mail, it goes out as test.domain. How can I make this server send mail out as mail.blah.com so its resolveable? (and will quit bouncing all my messages to domains that do reverse dns lookups?) Thanks for any and all help!! -Mike Change the addressing. You might consider adding a subdomain to your production domain like test.company.com, registering it with an MX record ...

Recipient Policy filtered by Child Domain:
We are in the process of deploying an Exchange system that will have multiple child domains in a single forest. Because some of these Child domaisn have a different internet domain name I'd like to be able to create a Recipient Policy that filters based on what child domain that person belongs to. While I've been able to create filters based on OU, etc... I've not seen anything allows me to filter for say Child1.Domain.Local vs Child2.Domain.local. Is this possible? Thanks. Michael Edward Kohlman "Michael Edward Kohlman" <NoSpam@NoSpam.com> wrote: &g...

Report that display percentage below certain level
I got a spreadsheet contain inventory number from remote site. I need to run a report to display when inventory below a certain percentage. I try to use privot table to display the infomration. But it doesn't display everything below 40%. Is there anyway you can enter an percentage and display all remote site that below certain percentage (Eample: like 35%) on a report? Thanks. TSS, A pivot table groups like items, and makes a calculation on each group -- not what you need. You need a filter (Excel's way of saying "query" in database parlance). If your table...

Writting Function using VBA
Hi I am trying to write a function to return an address but instead I get #VALUE!. Public Function fnd(a, b) fnd = Range(a).Find(b).Address End Function Please help. Thanks. ..Find won't work in UDF's called from the worksheet until xl2002. Depending on the range (a), you could use application.match() through each column. If the range is small, you could just loop through the values in that range, too. nc wrote: > > Hi > > I am trying to write a function to return an address but > instead I get #VALUE!. > > Public Function fnd(a, b) > >...

converting hand drawn sketches into Visio Cross Functional Horizon
Hi , I am new to Visio 2003 . Can anybody tell me how can one convert hand drawn sketches into Visio Cross Functional Horizontal diagrams? Thanks Harsha Are you asking about a way to scan images into Visio and transform them into drawings? Or are you asking how to assemble a Cross Functional diagram? To make a Cross Functional diagram, you first choose how many bands to create. Then you click on the headings for the bands to change the text to the names you want. Switch to the Basic Flowchart shapes in the Shapes Window and drag out the Process shapes to create the steps in you...

Excel super slow on paste function in 2007
When you copy and paste one cell to another I get the circular waiting bar and after 4-5 seconds it pastes. If I'm doing a bunch of cells, it still takes 4-5 seconds per cell and the cells will appear right to left, 1 every 4-5 seconds until it's complete. If I hit ESC, everything copies and pastes right away. This started happening when we converted a 2003 file to 2007. It affects everyone so it's not my PC, it's the document. There are no active add-ons but I recently downloaded an add-in that I got from this discussion board to find hidden links (it's d...

leveling to delete days
I would like to use Leveling (or similar) to delete work days from a lower priority task when there is an overallocation. ie. The start Date and End Date are fixed but the Work changes to reolve the conflict. Is this possible? Hi, Sorry but there is no function in the Scheduling engine that will do that. Leveling will only delay work if necessary to resolve overallocations, never change work or units. HTH -- Jan De Messemaeker Microsoft Project Most Valuable Professional +32 495 300 620 For availability check: http://users.online.be/prom-ade/Calendar.pdf "ellebel...

Automatic Functions in Excel
Hi There I am developing a Time Sheet in Excel for Staff to record times worked on it. I am using the 1904 date system as occasionally a negative total will be displayed. I would like it if someone was on annual leave they would be able to record this by typing in "Annual Leave" or "A/L" or something similar then the total for that day to display as 7:00 (this is in hours). At present the "total" column runs a calculation of the time finished minus the time started. Is this possible? Regards Colin Hi Colin, StartTime in column A, end ti...

is there a baby-sitting function in Exchange
SBS2003 Premium. One user is not very diligent on reading and responding to emails. He is on the road quite a bit and when he gets back he will not remember that one important email that we needed to respond to. Is there a way that I can have other users have his mailbox open as well, so that they can monitor it and make sure things get replied to? There appears to be such functionality in OL2003, but it just doesn't open the mailbox. Plus his password changes every 30 days, as per the administrator settings, how do we deal with that? Thanks in advance, Robert Assign Full Mailbox ...

How to Declare Pointer to Member Function?
I have a thread that needs to make data visible to a function inside a separate class. In the past, I was using PostMessage to get my information to the class function, but occasionally a message gets lost this way. I could declare the class function as static, but then the function would not be able to interact with other parts of the class. The data is thread safe. // header: typedef void (*PtrToLpMsg)(LPTSTR lpMsg); PtrToLpMsg g_AddStatusMsgFn; // code: CMain::CMain() { g_AddStatusMsgFn = AddStatusMsgA; } void CMain::AddStatusMsgA(LPTSTR lpMsg) { // other code } On Mon, 16 ...

Price level change
hey everyone, Is there anyway i change customer pricelevel in status.html. i know we can do it in POS by selecting discount but i know most of the time my cashiers would forget to do it so i am trying to change it in Status.html. thanks for your help, shoby ...

Function to control how data displayed
I have 2 columns that I exported from Access to Excel. In Access th columns were Yes or No. In excel they display as True or False. I wan them to show as Yes or No what is the function to make this happen? Thank you! -- LOgle531 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- LOgle5318's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2659 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39860 LOgle5318, Assuming your True and False are in columns A & B then In C1 put =IF(A1="True","Yes") and...

RoboToolz RT-7715-2 Automatic Leveling 2-Beam Level and Plumb Crossliner
Price:$299.00 Image: http://thediscounfinder.info/image.php?id=B000CPJ3UQ Best deal: http://thediscounfinder.info/index.php?id=B000CPJ3UQ I AM VDERY PLEASED WITH THE LEVEL, SEEMS WELL MADE WITH NICE CASE. THE SIZE IS ALSO NICE AND EASE OF OPERATION. I DEFINITELY LIKE HAVING THE CROSSLINE FEATURE, HANDY FOR INSTALLING CABINETS. this thing has helped us layout and reduce our errors for measuring showers & Mirrors. not that great in real bright light and long distances from the source, but an excellent value. This level works great for simple indoor tasks. The mounting options are gre...

How can I block email spoofing our domain?
We are getting emails immitating our domain to our domain. They look internal, but their being mailed from the outside. Example: From: fakeadmin@ourdomain.com to correct@ourdomain.com How can I make sure the external emails with our domain are not allowed in from the outside. I do not want people think they are getting an email from admin@ourdomain.com Thanks, vex Hello I don’t think is there is any solution for spoofing Anyway if you find one please post; I am sure you make some people happy… Regards, Shai Netanel -- "CB" wrote: > We are g...

XL2003: INDIRECT() function changes calling cell
Hello all, It appears that the INDIRECT() function changes the calling cell. Let me try to explain: I have a dynamic named range "NR6.PerMonth": - When "=NR6.PerMonth" is in cell C27 on the "Summary" sheet, it will refer to/return cell C982 on the "6" sheet. - When "=NR6.PerMonth" is in cell D27, it will refer to/return cell D982....and so on and so forth, going across. BUT!!! (A26 on the "Summary" sheet is a formula that returns the number 6...A982 on the "6" sheet is a label): - When '=I...

Average Function #2
Hi Everyone, I am using Excel 2003. I understand there is probably a very sophisticated way to get what I want but I need to learn the simple way first. I have a data sheet named "MICU". I inserted another sheet in the workbook called "Stats". I want to break down the data by month on my new Stats sheet. The MICU sheet has many columns of info. The 2 I think I need to use is a column for start date "ThpyStDtTm" (Date and Time field 3/14/09 18:41) and a column called "VentLOSDays" (Number format with 2 decimal places). Column A Column...

How to call a function from another workbook
Dear sir, how can i call a function or procedure that contained in another workbook ? thanks Joe Hi When you want to use an UDF or procedure in several workbooks, then save it into a module of Personal Macro Workbook (Personal.xls, it's created automatically, when you select Personal Macro Workbook as destination to save a newly-created macro, and later is loaded automatically whenever you start Excel). -- Arvi Laanemets (When sending e-mail, use address arvil<At>tarkon.ee) "Joe" <Joe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AF3EABAE-6751-4917-88F1-1A5...

OWA using the Domain\user name syntax
All - New E2K3 SP2 install and running sweet-as so probably a silly question, but why is it from outside our domain we no longer need to use the Domain\user name syntax, all we need to use is username then password? tia - david In news:4EC08FEA-2B10-4A34-ACE0-F8C73E6A5DC8@microsoft.com, davidn <davidn@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > All - New E2K3 SP2 install and running sweet-as so probably a silly > question, but why is it from outside our domain we no longer need to > use the Domain\user name syntax, all we need to use is username then > password? > > tia -...

How to connect two domains?
Hi everyone, I'd like to ask how to connect two domains in two different subnetworks. Main AD is in site1 with subnetwork 10.0.x.x Site2 has 10.1.x.x They are already rerouted so the users can access resources on the other network. With this new network I'd like to have central management so to either create a forest trust or join site2AD into site1 domain. I did fair bit of research and even if they suggest creating a trust, it's just the initial period. Later joining it as subdomain is recommended. What I'm afraid of is amount of work that would have to ...

Function Call Problem
Could anyone help me with this Dialog App (first visual app). I am writing a test program for using Tab Controls. However, I have found that I am not sure how to call a class member function from the main dialog class to another dialog class. The program compiles normally. But the function call is causing an "Assertion Failed" error message whenever the button is clicked. It is used to print a number in a dialog of a tab control, and it also prints the same number in the main dialog. Both of these numbers are printed in Static Text Controls. This is the code from the main Dial...

Sub not Function!
To make a comparison of two tests I want to put the values next to eac other on a sheet. To do that, I have two Combo Boxes with each the same 15 choises...yo have to choose two different tests. Now, I'm having a problem to make my code short: -Dim leftChoise As Integer leftChoise = Sheets("Keuze").Range("E1").Value Dim rightChoise As Integer rightChoise = Sheets("Keuze").Range("K1").Value Select Case leftChoise Case 1 PutLeftOnReport ("B7") Case 2 PutLeftOnReport ("B29") Case 3 PutLeftOnReport ("B51") Don't u...