It is searching for updates but it is not finding anything and saying
that Windows is up to date. I have set the updates to install from the
wsus server and assigned the updates to the same Vista virtual machine
..

Thank you

--
aconti
aconti's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/73272.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

0
aconti

Hello aconti,

If the machine is getting the correct GPO for the WSUS settings, check with
rsop.msc and gpresult /v, it should work. WSUS deson\t see if this is a VM
or physcial machine.

Best regards

Meinolf Weber
no rights.

> It is searching for updates but it is not finding anything and saying
> that Windows is up to date. I have set the updates to install from the
> wsus server and assigned the updates to the same Vista virtual machine
> .
>
> Thank you
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

0
Meinolf
1/6/2010 10:24:09 AM
thank you Meinolf Weber it worked !

--
aconti
aconti's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/73272.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/active-directory/1290161.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

0
aconti
1/6/2010 1:14:50 PM
How are you learning if WSUS is checking for updates?  Using IE doesn't hit
WSUS.

If you aren't doing it, from a command prompt enter the following
wuauclt /detectnow

--
Paul Bergson
MVP - Directory Services

http://www.pbbergs.com

Please no e-mails, any questions should be posted in the NewsGroup This
posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

"aconti" <aconti.44d4fb@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> It is searching for updates but it is not finding anything and saying
> that Windows is up to date. I have set the updates to install from the
> wsus server and assigned the updates to the same Vista virtual machine
> .
>
> Thank you
>

> --
> aconti
> aconti's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/73272.htm
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/active-directory/1290161.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

0
Paul

Save copy, install SP2-3
I installed an old XP with no SP from a CD. All Firewalls seem to need an SP, so how can I get an SP on my new OS? I have tested SP2+3 saved down for Networks from Msoft, SP 2 result its not a valid win 32 program, SP3= you need at least SP1. All I can think of is to find an old disc with an old firewall, but I guess it cant be updated. Anton, you may be roaming around in a shady legal area. Where did this WinXP CD come from?? "Anton" <nospam_to@n.ton> wrote in message news:%23t48PPWdKHA.4880@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I installed an old XP with no...

Office wont start after update!
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Ok, so i installed office and had all the updates done..and when i click on word it opens, then i do the last update which was on april 14 i believe and after that it doesnt open. it keeps saying register online (that box where u can click "learn more" or "register online") i click finish it opens up the update screen, there are no more updates so i close that and word never opens nor does excel or anything else. whats the problem? installed office and it works fine, then i did one update and it works fine, but once...

Change 2007 excel Autofilter back to 2003?
Does anyone know if there is a way to change excel's 2007 autofilter functionality back to like excel 2003 autoflilter use to work? I need to quickly bring up like values and compare other columns based upon the filtered values and the extra clicking of the check boxes is driving me nuts! If it helps any (and if you haven't thought about it yet), you can click the "(Select All)" entry twice to remove your current selections. -- Rick (MVP - Excel) "jonnybrovo815" <jonnybrovo815@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:36837406-1...

compare and merge documents in 2007
How do you compare 2 excel documents with track changes and merge them together after accepting the changes in Excel 2007? ...

Installing Upodate KB955706
I have tired to install MS SQL Server KB955706 and get an error code OxD59. Is ther some wat I can get this to install? -- Jim (cross-post added to SQL Server Setup) "Jim H of St. Paul" <jmhrts@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:83016B0A-2F33-499F-8ECE-566074411962@microsoft.com... > I have tired to install MS SQL Server KB955706 and get an error code > OxD59. > Is ther some wat I can get this to install? > -- > Jim Try a search? First convert your code to decimal... http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa337262(SQL.90).aspx (Micros...

Public Folder Calendar Appointment Updates
We use MS-Exchange with Outlook in our organization. We have set up a group calendar using public folders in Exchange to track group appointments. We enter appointments into this group folder and then invite the applicable people to the appointment. When we update or delete an appointment, the public folder keeps the old appointment in the calendar. This makes it difficult to determine which appointments are correct. Does anybody know how to get the public folder to automatically accept the changes and only show the most up to date information? Thanks, ...

Are online updates available in M+ trial version?
I'm having difficulties getting online updates with the MD+ trial version. Can anyone tell me if this feature is 'unlocked' in the trial software? Thanks. LT In microsoft.public.money, news.east.cox.net wrote: >I'm having difficulties getting online updates with the MD+ trial version. >Can anyone tell me if this feature is 'unlocked' in the trial software? It is not locked. If running Vista, be sure that your Money and backup files are moved to a spot that you will have full privileges to, such as within the user's Documents folder. Check that the ...

exchange 2007 reconnect
Hello UserA wanted UsersB mailbox. diabled both exchange mailbox and then reconnect userB to userA. UsersA is prompted for userB AD login info. the only way around this was to give userA sendas and full rights to the userB mailfile. Is there another way to fix it. ? what will happen when the AD account for userB is deleted for AD? ...

Update Inventory Items
Hi, Appreciate any help. I am looking at importing new values into the following fields below using IM - GP Adapter (Inventory Item) but not sure if my source fiile is actually correct. I'm unsure if these are all the fields I shud have. My source file has the following fields. I am looking to update exiting item records in GP and update the last 5 fields. Is this possible in IM? I am able to update this manually in GP. Item Number Item Description Current Cost - Item Master List Price - Item Master Standard cost - Item Master Primary Vendor - Item Qty Site window...

SAP Installation #2
Hi Just to share my experience , he is good service provider , please contact him on 1sapmate@gmail.com ...

Problem sending mail in office 2007 and windows7
Hi, I have a word template which in autonew makes a mail merge and sends e-mail. This have worked fine but now one of my customers have updated to windows7 and office 2007 and suddenly no mail is sent. I have other customers running XP and office 2007 were it works fine. But for this client the question from outlook is raised asking if its OK to send mail from an other application but no mail is sent. The code: Sub Autonew() Dim SQL_sats As String Registry_Path = "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\The company\Directories" Registry_Key = "CustDocs" Fo...

Can't get Publisher to give "send as message" as an email option
We use Windows live Mail which won't work with publisher. So for the purposes of sending out an email I changed the default program to Windows mail But, under the option "send email" only the send as attachment option appears. I have changed the default program in Vista to use windows mail. Help ...

Can publisher 2003 be installed on 2 computers?
I have a office computer and home computer. I will be purchasing Publisher 2003, but can I install them on both of my computers? campfig wrote: > I have a office computer and home computer. I will be purchasing > Publisher 2003, but can I install them on both of my computers? Technically, Publisher 2003 can be installed on a desktop and a mobile computer (ie laptop). When you go to activate your second computer it just depends on whether or not you tell them it's a laptop. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com Windows Marketplace Moderator This...

Problem Installing R3 Rollup (Target Processor Not Installed)
We're having an issue installing the Windows Embedded CE 6.0 R3 Update Rollup and was wondering if other people have had the same issue. Our system was installed with Processor Support for x86 and ARM and was already updated with R2 and QFE updates until December 2008 (2008 Yearly Update was applied.) We worked with this version for a while and had no problems. Now we want to apply R3 and all applicable updates, according to MSDN we should install R3, R3 Rollup, October 2009 QFE and November 2009 QFE in that order. We have installed the R3 update without problems and have t...

MS Query not installed for New Database Query
I have Excel 2000 SP3 & Windows XP Home When I go to Data | Get External Data | Run Saved Query I can imort data from an Access database into an Excel worksheet. Wheh I go to Data | Get External Data | New Database Query after a delay a message appears to tell me that MS Query is not installed. MSQRY32.EXE is in the Office folder & I have reinstalled it by renaming it to .old & running the Add/Remove facility in the Office installer to no avail. I have searched the MSKB & found an article at: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;179686 that refers to...

Get time from a remote server with PowerShell v2
Hi all, I'm looking for a way to obtain the time from a remote server. I wanted to use Get-Date but this doesnt seem to have any options for remote computers so I'm using WMI Win32_LocalTime option like this: $hour = Get-WmiObject Win32_LocalTime -computerName servername | Select-Object -Property Hour $minute = Get-WmiObject Win32_LocalTime -computerName servername | Select-Object -Property Minute $second = Get-WmiObject Wind32_LocalTime -computerName servername | Select-Object -Property Second However this returns values in the form of (for example): @{Hour=16}...

Monitoring UPDATE
Hello, I'm suspecting that a user in the network is using management studio or other tool to login with his name behind the scenes and updating a certain table , how can I monitor that event ? to know user login/machine/time/statement used ? PS. I can't use Profiler , is SQL Server itself have a log for that purpose that I can see it ? Thank you Bassam Forgot to say we are using SQL Server 2005 Standard "Bassam" <egbas@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ukbvh1eFLHA.5472@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > I'm suspecting th...

I am getting error messages.
I am getting these error messages, why? How do I fix them? How do I get rid of them? The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. The rejected e-mail address was 'bartonconstruction@bellaliant.com'. Subject 'Your Quote', Accou...

update chart automatically
I need to know how to update a chart automatically so it wil incorporate new months data as it is entered into a log. I have a data log with a complete list of the required data in column and the dates listed for each. When a new month begins I would like to plot data for it automaticall in a pre existing bar graph as it is entered into the log. My goal is to make this a user friendly program so I don't have to b the only one to know how to use it. Another problem I have run into is my graphs use several series to sho the data, I would like each month to contain data from each se...

W32.Netsky.P@mm!enc can't get rid of errors
Can some one help. I have exchange 2003 with GFI mail essentials and security running and Norton corporate 10.0. I keep getting warnings of netsky being found in the mail queue and in the GFI security directories and norton sucessfully Quarantines the file. I have been getting these for a few weeks or so. Everytime I run a fix tool or full system scan it finds nothing. I suspect either someone internally has netsky worm I cannot find or someone outside has with the worm has some of my internal email addys. My question is how do I track this down. I am a bit of an exchange newbie so any i...

problem with updating calendar appointments
Hi, I have a problem where sometimes a user will update an appointment in their calendar and send an update to all attendees. The updated information is accepted and show in the attendees calendar but when the user later checks the their calendar that updated information is missing. Has anyone else had this problem? Everyone is running Outlook 2007 with Exchange 2007. The user also has 1 Delegate with editor access to their calendar and meeting requests/responses sent to both delegate and themselves. Kind Regards I have the same problem with Outlook 2003 and Exchange 2003...

Outlook 2003 get rid of double space in Comments?
I cut and paste information from emails into Outlook Calendar comments. But sometimes it ends up double spaced on some lines (i.e. blank lines between lines). How can you get rid of this, there doesn't seem to be anyway from the FONTS screen. ...

Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 Implementation in 2007
http://microsoft-crm-3.blogspot.com/ ...

Contact field in outlook 2007 new task page
Hi I had office 2003 and in the outlook new task menu, i used to fill in details as per my requirement. There was a field named contacts at the bottom of the page, where in i used to give some reference number and save. Once the task is saved it used to appear on the task menu with all other tasks. I had renamed the contacts column as ref no..column. Now I had installed office 2007. There is no filed appearing as contacts as it used to appear in 2003. Hence Im not able to fill my ref no in that field. It may be noted that Im not able to get the required field in the contacts menu avail...

Copy/Paste with Hidden Rows/Columns Excel 2007
I am working with rather large & detailed spreadsheets. I have hidden rows and columns with supporting details that feed into the viewable results (formulas). I need to take the “zipped up” data and copy/paste to a new worksheet. When I paste the data, it appears with all of the hidden columns and rows visible one again. Is there any way to paste the zipped up data without the reappearance of the previously hidden rows and columns? Can you paste a link without all of the hidden data reappearing? Select range to copy which includes hidden rows and columns. F5>Special...