It is searching for updates but it is not finding anything and saying
that Windows is up to date. I have set the updates to install from the
wsus server and assigned the updates to the same Vista virtual machine
..

Thank you

--
aconti
aconti's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/73272.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

0
aconti

Hello aconti,

If the machine is getting the correct GPO for the WSUS settings, check with
rsop.msc and gpresult /v, it should work. WSUS deson\t see if this is a VM
or physcial machine.

Best regards

Meinolf Weber
no rights.

> It is searching for updates but it is not finding anything and saying
> that Windows is up to date. I have set the updates to install from the
> wsus server and assigned the updates to the same Vista virtual machine
> .
>
> Thank you
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

0
Meinolf
1/6/2010 10:24:09 AM
thank you Meinolf Weber it worked !

--
aconti
aconti's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/73272.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/active-directory/1290161.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

0
aconti
1/6/2010 1:14:50 PM
How are you learning if WSUS is checking for updates?  Using IE doesn't hit
WSUS.

If you aren't doing it, from a command prompt enter the following
wuauclt /detectnow

--
Paul Bergson
MVP - Directory Services

http://www.pbbergs.com

Please no e-mails, any questions should be posted in the NewsGroup This
posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

"aconti" <aconti.44d4fb@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> It is searching for updates but it is not finding anything and saying
> that Windows is up to date. I have set the updates to install from the
> wsus server and assigned the updates to the same Vista virtual machine
> .
>
> Thank you
>

> --
> aconti
> aconti's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/73272.htm
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/active-directory/1290161.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

0
Paul

Office Power Point Viewer 2007 won't open ".pps" files
Using Windows 7, Home Premium, 32 bit. No Office 2007 installed. Using Microsoft Works. Have experienced several issues with Office PPT Viewer 2007. Cleared them, but additionally each time I try to open a .pps file, either from the Desktop or Windows Mail, I receive the following: "C:\Users|AMD\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\TemporaryInternetFiles\content.IE5\E7D22GOW\Gathering of Mustangs and Legends2007.pps is not a valid Win32 application". I have opened this file many times on another computer, so don't think it is an issue with the file. The software has be...

UPDATE UNAVAILABLE
I've been updating my US Bank and WAMU checkiing and savings accounts for over 2 months now. Just last week, I started getting an error message: "Update Unavailable." When I click to get more information, I get a message saying that my banks no longer support synching with Money!!!! Has anyone had this experience? In microsoft.public.money, Microsoft Money <Microsoft Money@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I've been updating my US Bank and WAMU checkiing and savings accounts for >over 2 months now. Just last week, I started getting an error message: ...

2007 Public Folder Replicas
In my 2007 design I have two boxes with the HT/CAS roles installed and a CCR cluster (which doesn't support public folder replicas apparently). So where will my PF replicas live? Will this require yet another server? ...

what version of capicom do i have installed and graceful failing of createobject
Set capicom = createObject("CAPICOM.Utilities.1") Running that produces the following error: Script: C:\path\to\capicom.vbs Line: 1 Char: 1 Error: ActiveX component can't create object: 'CAPICOM.Utilities.1' Code: 800A01AD Source: Microsoft VBScript runtime error My question is two fold. First, why can't I create that object? <http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa388182%28VS.85%29.aspx> states that CAPICOM.Utilities.1 requires you have CAPICOM v2.0 or later installed. How can I find out what version I have installed? ...

How do I get the document to align with my labels?
I keep trying to print these labels, and they end up wasting because the alignment is off. I am using the right number labels along with the application, but for some reason it's not working. My printer is a F335 All-In-One. Please advise. Thank You. Extremely difficult without seeing them. But 99% of the time it is because normal.dot has been modified by adding a Header or Footer or similar and labels are based on normal.dot. So try starting Word in Safe Mode and create a sheet of labels to see if that works. If it does, rename normal.dot as normal.bad and start Word agai...

Outlook 2007 error when closing
Hi, Why am I getting this error when closing Outlook 2007. "Microsoft Office Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience" and it shows a check box "Restart Microsoft Office Outlook". I'm getting below details when clicking "What data does this error report contain?" Error Signature: Appname:outlook.exe Appver: 12.0.6514.5000 AppStamp: 4a89dc70 Modulename: dccmsp32.dll ModVer: 10.0.2009.929 ModStamp: 39d4133c fDebug: 0 Offset: 00005346 Please help. Thanks in ad...

crash word & update
The context : word on Ibook OS 10.2.6. Since two weeks, Word crashes=20 anytime I want to save a file I'm working on. First thing I tried : = clean=20 the disk and the library by means of Onyx. Nothing has changed, so I=20 tried to upgrade the Office package, but the upgrade doesn't work :=20 error 11002 : 2, -15. Does anyone know how can I solve these problems? thanks a lot fred Remove and re-install Office X. Insert the Office X CD, then open the Value Pack. Click the Value Pack Installer. Check "Remove Office", then click "Continue". Run the "Remove Offi...

Excel 2007 and Word 2007 Hangs when using the File -> Open command
I have a couple users that when they have Excel 2007 or Word 2007 open, and click the File -> Open option, and choose a file, it either takes about 3 minutes to open the file or the program will crash. If they were to double click on the documents or spreadsheets, the doc or sheet will open right up. This is happening on the user's Hard drive as well as network drives. Once you get a file opened in Word or Excel, however, the next time you go to File -> Open, it's really fast to open the file. ...

Pivot chart: get rid of zeroes?
Hi, I have created a pivot chart using a pivot table. However I want the zeroes to be NULLs so they are displayed on the graph. Unfortunately I cannot see how to do this; could someone please help? I have tried the Table Option checkboxes in the bottom right corner to no avail. Thanks Sorry, that should read NOT displayed on graphs "Phil Davy" wrote: > Hi, > > I have created a pivot chart using a pivot table. > > However I want the zeroes to be NULLs so they are displayed on the graph. > > Unfortunately I cannot see how to do this; could someone p...

Getting Combo boxes to change options based on other Combo boxes.
Using Excel 2007. I am trying to create either Form Control Combo Boxes or ActiveX Combo Boxes that will change the selectable options based on selections made in previous combo boxes. I am having a hard time finding any information that will work for me. Can someone tell me how to make 5 combo boxes change available listed options when specific options are selected in another combo box? Please? I've been working on this for a very long time without success. I've tried using Data Validation, but my formulas are too long for all the different possible combinations. You are...

Outlook 2007 #34
I have a Toshiba laptop running XP. I replaced Office for Teacher and Student 2003 with Office Home and Student 2007 and replaced Outlook 2002 with Outlook 2007. The problems I was having with Outlook 2002 were as follows: The incoming emails would repete 5-10 times upon loading on my computer. The status would just keep showing numbers 50%,25%,8%,0%,2% etc.....in no logical order or sequence. Messages I was trying to send would just stay in the out box. When you first open Outlook 2002 it would say that it was not closed properly and would look for errors (even though it was closed p...

To get user training manual for Microsoft CRM 3.0
Hello I am implementing Microsoft CRM 3.0 for an health care company in Michigan. Right now I have experience with installation, customizing and CRM application functions for 2 years. In the future I would like to pursue my future as a Microsoft CRM consultant. Thus, I would like to get all 3 of certificates of Microsoft CRM:- Which is:- 1. Application 2. Customizing 3. Installation and Configuration The problem I have is I work for a company which I am not permanent employee, and this company is not Microsoft Partner also. So If I would like to have user manuals for preparation to ...

Debit or Credit notes not updating to GL
Hi, I have problem in GP 10 SP4, accidently removed the link in Tools>Setup>Posting>Posting> :Series:Series Origin: Receivables Sales Entry post to GL not checked, I have checked and tested 1 trsancation and its updating in GL. I have some old trsansaction which not updated in GL, How can i make this whole data to GL, instead of entring one by one. Rgs Saf Hi Saf, I am not aware of any option and I believe there none. "saifu" wrote: > Hi, > > I have problem in GP 10 SP4, accidently removed the link in > Tools>Setup>...

How can I customize the right-click context menu in Word 2007
I use cut & paste of imported text a lot in both Word 2007 and Excel 2007. In Excel the right-click context menu includes Paste Special; in Word it does not. How can I add Paste Special to the Word context menu? See http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Customize_Word2007_SC_Menu_Programatically.htm -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services on a paid professional basis. "Steve Samson" <SteveSamson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A20FD91E-CFE2-402A-8A54-9F58880A3126@micros...

Select Query acting like an Update Query
I am having trouble with my database where my select queries are acting as update queries. If a user happens to accidentally or otherwise adjust the results provided by the query, it is updating the information on the table(s). I need to find out why it is doing this and how to prevent this from occurring and altering the data. Thank you, Terri On Dec 17, 9:34 am, Tboartz <Tboa...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am having trouble with my database where my select queries are acting as > update queries. If a user happens to accidentally or otherwise adjust the > res...

newbie, missing OWC11 and Office WEb Components on install
I had a configured instance of SQL SErver Express 2005 and am trying to install to the sql server express advanced edition onto this first instance as well as the toolkit. I follow the instructions for getting the right instance it goes through the install but I get an error in the log regarding the OWC11 doesn't get installed and it wants something more than OFfice 2003? It wants the office web components. What am I missing to get this installed? I have IIS running. thanks, Microsoft SQL Server 2005 9.00.4035.00 ============================== OS Version : ...

Excell 2007 messing up graphics
I have an invoice Excel sheet setup with my company logo on it. For some reason Excel 2007 messes it up during printing. It prints it about 10 times the size. I tried to re create the work sheet and it still will not print the graphic. It show it ok but will not print it. When I go to Print Preview the logo (JPG graphing) is not seen at all. Any Ideas what is going on? ...

Exchange 2007 behind NAT/RPC over HTTP
Hi, I have an Exchange 2007 server behind a NAT router. I want to configure RPC over HTTP (Outlook anywhere) on it. HTTP/HTTPS is working on it as expected (the NAT router forwards ports 443 and 80 to Exchange's internal IP address). I have enabled Outlook Anywhere in the Exch. management console, specified external hostname and clicked the "Basic Auhtentication" checkbox (from what I understand that's required in order to make it work over SSL) - the SSL offloading is not enabled. I'm trying to configure Outlook 2003 to connect to it but I haven't been...

Why would m_pSiteFocus get corrupt?
I have an app with a view that hosts windows media player (CWMPPlayer4). The player is occasionally removed from the screen (using ShowWindow(SW_HIDE) and MoveWindow(CRect(0,0,0,0), FALSE) and then put back (using the same functions as during the removal but with different param values). On odd occasions I get access violation in the view's OnWndMsg(). When this happens I can see in the debugger that m_pSiteFocus of the view (control container) is not valid ( the pointer value seems to look OK but its content is simply garbage). Would anyone have any idea why this happens? Thank...

Extra Rows in Excel 2007
I recently upgraded to Excel 2007 from 2002, and a lot of the spreadsheets seem to have something extra in the rows below the end of the data. Two examples: 1) I went to the bottom of the data in a spreadsheet and made a new entry. As soon as I hit enter, the spreadsheet started scrolling down and wouldn't stop for a couple of thousand rows. 2) I saved a spreadsheet as a csv file and another application that uses the file started having problems. So I opened the csv file in WordPad and saw a couple of hundred rows of commas. That never happened with Excel 2002. I opened the ...

Remove account from online update #2
I had two Citbank credit cards which I updated through Money(2007). I have cancelled one of the cards. How do I remove that account from the online update? TIA, Joe R In microsoft.public.money, bdog wrote: >I had two Citbank credit cards which I updated through Money(2007). I have >cancelled one of the cards. How do I remove that account from the online >update? If both the same login credentials, I would just mark the cancelled card as Closed in Money. ...

VB Script to update users desktop short-cuts when migrating
Hi, I've just migrated a customer from Small Business Server 2003 to Small Business Server 2008 on a new server. A lot of their users have saved a lot of short-cuts to files and folders in their 'My Documents' to the desktop. These short-cuts all have the OLD server name in the target e.g. \\LSCS01\Anna\MyDocuments\etc etc Does anyone have a script that I can add to logon that checks all shortcuts upon sign-on and updates shortcuts to point the new server ? Regards Michael Sorry I do not know of any. However this is where I try to teach people to use Dr...

setting up Vista-microsoft mail-getting POP3 server error message
What am I doing wrong? Trying to set up my MSN-Vista-Microsoft e-mail. Get an error message about the POP3 server. I give my incoming and outgoing mail server as POP3 and service provider TWC or Time Warner Cable and the error message comes up. What should I do? Can you help me? On Tue, 7 Aug 2007 19:27:09 -0700, "asilocreo" <asilocreo@microsoft.com> wrote: >What am I doing wrong? >Trying to set up my MSN-Vista-Microsoft e-mail. Get an error message about >the POP3 server. I give my incoming and outgoing mail server as POP3 and >service provider TWC or Ti...

How can I get data from an entity via java script
How can I get data from an entity via java The problem: I have a new entity with alle zipcodes and cities/countries. I want it to be so that if a person enters data in the zip code on account or contact that city and state automatically is filled with corresponding data from the new zip code entity. How can I do this, java script ?` Any ideas appriciated ! Jack -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Jeg beskyttes af den gratis SPAMfighter til privatbrugere. Den har indtil videre sparet mig for at f� 13991 spam-mails Betalende brugere f�r ikke de...

Can't Install Office 2008 for Mac at all
Hi there everyone, I pray someone can help me before I throw my mac through the window. This is the second time I am having this problem. My office just stopped working and no matter what I did I could not open any of the programs, so I uninstalled everything, Microsoft and the preferences. I have now tried to re-install office off disk and I can't even get it to launch I keep getting an error message saying installer created an error and please report which I have done a thousand times. I have restarted the mac and emtied the Trash so there is nothing relating to office...