ad user to Local group

Hello, I was told that I need to add the user to the DHCP Administrators
local group if I do not want the same user to have control over the
other DHCP servers I have, How can I accomplish this ?

Thank you

--
aconti
aconti's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/73272.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

0
aconti

Way to turn off "show in Groups" globally
When I look at E-Mail folders in Outlook (2003), by default "show in groups" (View / Arrange by / Show in Groups) is turned on. It's clear how to turn this off for any single folder, but is there a way to turn it off globally? I have over 1,000 folders in my E-Mail PST file. do you have many custom views? if not, the best way is to restart outlook using the /cleanviews switch. Then go to View, Arrange By, Current view, Define view and choose Messages, then modify and change the grouping. if you have a lot of custom views, you can try changing the grouping in Views but ...

Kicking users out of database
I have a split database. There are times when I need to access the backend to make changes or additions, but often it is always open by a user. I am wondering if there is a way to have Access automatically close on the users pc after a set period of inactivity? Thanks, CEV Take a look at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/210297 (Don't worry if you're not using Access 2000: that approach works in all versions) -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "CEV" <chadv@advancebkg.com> wrote in message news:f2hlm80285c@enew...

Exchange 2003 new domain adding
I have a domain (abc.com). I just purchased another one (xyz.com) and I need to create all the users under this new domain. If I have a user as mark@abc.com, I also need the user to be mark@xyz.com How can I do this? Is it possible that once I have the second domain created with all the users to forward the emails coming to to @abc.com to go to xyz.com? Thanks Manolo after you get your MX record in place, add a new recipient policy... http://support.microsoft.com/kb/268838/en-us -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Manolo" <Manolo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:83EC4...

New user dosn't show up in GAB
I have created a new user and wanted to setup his outlook. It did not accept his name. Then i checked the GAB and it's not listed. The new user is not invisible, and i could access his mailbox via OWA. We have recently upgraded to exchange 2003 but it's not in 2003 mode, it's still in 2000 2003 mix mode. The original server has been shutdown, it was a windows 2000 server DC with GC and it had exchange 2000 and all the mailboxes. This is the error from my event log. Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeIS Event Category: General Event ID: 9562 Date: 2/21/2005 Time: ...

Outlook 2000 to 2003 transfer user data
Hey there, I need to transfer the user files from a windows 98SE with Outlook 2000 to a newer XP Pro based P.C with Outlook 2003. What do I need to do? -- "You''re only as good as your last build". Answered here daily. The file you need is your Personal Folders file (*.pst) It's where all the mail, calendar, contacts etc are stored. Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup or transfer: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm http://www.howto-outlook.com/Howto/backupandrestore.htm http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010...

GAL mail enabled user issue
Hello all, I'm running an Exchange Server 2000, with mostly Outlook 2000 clients. I seem to be having a problem getting the GAL to update properly. All the users I've added in the past 3 weeks don't show up. I've done a rebuild on both the Recipient Update Services, as well as the Default Offline Address List. If I right-click on either the Offline address book, or the Default GAL in Exchange System Manager, choose properties, and click the Preview button, the resulting list includes the users that are missing from the GAL in Outlook. I've checked the E...

Excel freezes after any user action...
Hi Guys, We are having a problem with Excel 2003 freezing when we try to print, or click on a cell etc...pretty much, whenever the user makes an action, Excel freezes... We have tried a reinstall, but that didnt help...any ideas at all are appreciated. Cheers, Chris Chris, There are all sorts of things that can go wrong. Try turning off your virus protection (many people have reported bad interactions) and also try the steps described on Chip Pearson's site: though it is specifically startup errors, the same steps apply when trying to figure out freezing up problems. http://www.cp...

Adding products to the temlate for quotes (Print quote for custome
Hi all I try to add more than one product for quote temlate (from Print quote for customer). I want to have a temlate with table of products from quote. But I can choose only one product. Thanks in advance for any help. ...

Re-enabled AD account can't open it's mailbox
Hi, we just disable the wrong users AD account, so we renabled it and they now cannot access their mailbox: They error on the Exchange 2003 server is: Disabled user /o=Company name/ou=New York/cn=Recipients/cn=Joe.Bloggs does not have a master account SID. Please use Active Directory MMC to set an active account as this user's master account. Try this article http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=278966 Nebojsa Seslija "SW" <SW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A43EEC0E-D62D-4213-9BC4-503EAA12E40A@microsoft.com... > Hi, we just disable the wrong u...

New created storage group wasn't displayed
Hi, I have Exchange 2003 on Server 2003. I created a new storage group and then I tried to add a user's mailbox to the new group, but there is only First Storage Group in the Mailbox Store box. The new created storage group didn't show up. Please advice. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance! Lisa how long ago? did you create a mailbox store in the new SG? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Lisa" <Lisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AE4B6E9F-AFEB-4F19-B7B0-2FA0EBF3B4B4@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I have Exchange 2003 on Server 2003...

Group Schedule Free/Busy issue
We are running Exchange 2003 with Outlook 2007. I have a group policy that sets user's Outlook to publish 6 months of Free/Busy info. If you use Group Schedules to view other user's calendars, you can not see the Free/Busy info. If you open their individual calendar then you can see everything. Exchange cached mode is not turned on. Any insight? ...

New User Login error
We're running GP9.0 on SQL Server 2005. For our ODBC connection, we're already making use of SQL Native Client. As for the server name of the said odbc, we made use of the server instance name instead for the server IP. During user creation, the only option selected is enable password policy and the other checkboxes are unmarked - change password upon first login and expiry option. The problem is everytime a new user is created we get the message saying Unable to Login,Please contact your administrator. The only way that the user will be able to login is to change the password...

Excel no autosum after rows added
Using Excel 2000, adding contents of columns using the standard formul (=sum(A1:A45)) etc.. Then paste linking result into anothe sheet/workbook. When adding new rows using a macro the formula does not work and th paste link is kaput.. Help pls -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Gmats, If I understand your question correctly, you have a table in Excel of which you have a total (sum) which you want to show up in other worksheets and/or other workbooks. This is done by linking to the cell containing the total. When you insert a row in your table, your formula does not adapt t...

Adding scores and need average
Mr. B set this up for me, but now I need the average of these 15 combo boxes. The formula below adds up the combo boxes for me quite nicely, but now I would like the text box to return the average score of the 15 combo boxes. Thanks, Tom Me.Text144 = Val(Me.Q1) Me.Text144 = Val(Me.Text144) + Val(Me.Q2) Me.Text144 = Val(Me.Text144) + Val(Me.Q3) Me.Text144 = Val(Me.Text144) + Val(Me.Q4) Me.Text144 = Val(Me.Text144) + Val(Me.Q5) Me.Text144 = Val(Me.Text144) + Val(Me.Q6) Me.Text144 = Val(Me.Text144) + Val(Me.Q7) Me.Text144 = Val(Me.Text144) + Val(Me.Q8) Me.Text144 = Val(Me.Text144) + Val(Me.Q...

Adding 2nd @emailaddress.com To Exchange
We are running Exchange 2003 on Native AD. Our company is adding starting a 2nd division which will have it's own email domain. Example. Currently Address user@email1.com Need to add: user@email2.com I know I can add multiple addresses to the Exchange server but now here is the tricky part. If an email comes in to user@email2.com we need him/her to be able to reply back and the email go out with the @email2.com address in the from field/properties. All the test I have ran put the Primary address in the from field. (user@email1.com). Should I look at adding a 2nd email client? T...

Adding the users name to a new list item
Is there a way to create a list so that when the logged in user creates a new item, it automatically insert's their user name into a column? I'm creating a time entry list, and don't want the users to have to type their name in every time they add a time record. The controller will review this list once a week and create reports based on the user, client, etc. Thanks in advance! Gavin Use the Created by column. -- Daniel A. Galant Imagine what we could be... if we could just imagine. "Gavin Steiner" <gavin@interprom.com> wrote in mes...

adding items to a matrix
When adding existing items to an existing matrix it would be nice to be able to select multiple items to add at one time. We deal with shoes. New colors in exisitng styles are added 4-5 times per year so this requires adding the new items (we usually copy and existing like-item and re-number and re-describe it to reflect the new color), then add those new items to an existing matrix. If we were to add 20 sizes in a shoe in a new color, we would have to create 20 new items, then add them one-by-one to the existing matrix (a total of 40 tasks). If a user were able to multi select ite...

Get the ID of a newly added record
I have a table that is being accessed through a class derived from MFC's CRecordSet. The table is actually implemented in Access and it's ID is an auto number field. After doing an AddNew to the table, how can the newly added row's ID be retrieved? In SQL server, I just would have created a stored procedure which would have added the row and returned the ID. obviously, I can't do that in Access. Any ideas? -- Richard Lewis Haggard Hi U�ytkownik "Richard Lewis Haggard" <HaggardAtWorldDotStdDotCom> napisa� w wiadomo�ci news:%23VlM$X1%23EHA.4092@TK2MSF...

Registraion number not working for some users
Hi there, Two of my users cannot create a product registration number (Sales-Accounts-select product-Generate registration number) When you click the button the little window appears as it should but within it is a "Page cannot be displayed" message. Other users with the exact same permissions & assigned roles do not have this problem. I have installed the latest hotfix roll-up but this did not correct the error. Any help would be appreciated -Joseph Sounds like you are using a custom add-in or ISV integration. I would check with that vendor first... -- Matt Wittem...

Sorting Grouped & Non-grouped Rows
Hi, I have a worksheet listing all the tenants in an industrial business park. The first row is column headings then each company's details are listed....one company per row. There happen to be several Industrial Malls/Multi-tenant buildings in the park. For these I have grouped the individual tenants under the owner of the Building(bold below). Each tenant has their own data and the owner of the building (Company C below) display aggregate data from all its tenants Company A Company D COMPANY C (INDUSTRIAL MALL/MULTI-TENANT BUILDING) ...COMPANY E ...COMPANY F ...COMPANY H Company ...

Money 2004 60-day version: Uninstall problem when a user is not an administrator
I want to report a bug in the 60-day version of Money 2004. Hopefully people in PSS or the product group read this newsgroup. I do not know the product ID for Money 2004, nor did the Assisted Support lookup tool list one for Money 2004, so I could not use Assisted Support. To repro: 1. Install Money 2004 60-day version on WinXP Pro using an account in the Administrators group. 2. Log on as another user that is not part of Administrators. Log off. 3. From the first account, uninstall Money 2004 using Add/Remove Programs. 4. Log on as the other non-admin user. Get a prompt from...

Adding options to "Show Time As" in Calendar appointment
What is the simplest way to add a few options to this dropdown, like "Sick" etc... I assume this would need replacement of the default form for this globally - how easy is this? Thanks J John wrote: > What is the simplest way to add a few options to this dropdown, like > "Sick" etc... > > I assume this would need replacement of the default form for this globally > - how easy is this? > > Thanks > J I'm not an Outlook forms expert, but I think a custom form with some behind-the-scenes code will do what you need. However, it's g...

Can not access local Ost file.
To whom it migth concern. I have a user that is receiving the following message: "The file d:\"user"\Outlook.ost is in use and could not be accessed. Close any application that is using the file, and try again." The user has a e-mail box size on our Exhange 2003 server 1.6 GB. I do not kwnow how big the local *.ost is. The user is running Windows XP, with all service packs and Office 2003. Looking forward to find a solution for this problem. Thank you in advance. Rgds Dag N Does this error still pops-up after a reboot of the system? Do you have t...

delete user define setting
Hi I have previously entered a user defined chart in the custom types in Excel 2002, however, no loger use this and want to delete it in order to use the default setting when pressing "F11" how do i get rid of it? thank in advance Brian -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/excel-chart/200701/1 Select a chart. Go to Chart menu > Chart Type > Custom Types tab. Click User Defined button, select Default under Chart Type, and click Delete button. This resets the default to the original (default) default chart type. - Jon ------- Jon P...

email won't send-550 not local host bdumail.com, not a gateway
The message I always get is: The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'pds58@bdumail.com' on 02/09/04 9:16 AM 550 not local host bdumail.com, not a gateway I know these email addresses are correct. When I send in programs other than Outlook, they go through. Please help. Thanks and have a great day, Don -- Donald J. Stowell, ATP Registered Principal dnsworld@msn.com dnsworld@gpoffice.com dnsworld@bdumail.com (208)642-3066 (877)840-3228 -Toll Free if you need it You probably need to turn on authentication to your outgoing server. You can do so on the "Outgoing S...