Active Directory Help - 142064

Hi,

Guys i deployed domain controller in an environment of approx 300 pcs,
when i start to join users in domain. i come across some errors, which
are as follows:
1) some times when joining domain, the error "the domain controller
does not exist or could not be contacted" comes and pc is unable to join
domain.
2) after joining domain, when i try to change the user password, then
the user hangs and password changes after taking a lot of time. usually
15 to 20 minutes.

The computer is taking all the policies i applied in default domain
policy.

Kindly give me suggestions and share your experiences.

Regards,
Kashif Mehmood

--
kashifmehmood
kashifmehmood's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/183828.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

0
kashifmehmood

Plse help....! Incoming eMails connect to the wrong opportunity
Can somebody explain the logic behind the eMail tags, and how the system connects incoming email? We have many incoming eMails that connect to the wrong entity. Consider the following scenario I see happening here: 1) User1 creates new mail regarding Opportunity ABC and changes the sender to the queue Presales and it gets tag CRM:1234 2) A reply with tag CRM:1234 arrives in the queue Presales and is automatically connected to Opportunity ABC So far so good.... 3) User1 creates new mail regarding Opportunity XYZ and sends from her own username and it gets tag CRM:1234 (same tag as before!) ...

Bank of America Active Statements
I have come across a rather annoying problem with BoA Active statements and MS Money 2004. BoA lists the payees like this: 11111111111 06/30 #1111111111 PURCHASE GROCERY STORE SOMEWHERE, SOMESTATE Now when use the active statement all I get in Money as the payee is: 11111111111 06/30 Is there any way to make sure Money gets the ENTIRE payee and not just the first line. There are quite a few payees that instead of listing the payee name, there a lot of numbers THEN I get the payee. Makes it difficult to organize when I have to keep going back online to review each transactio...

TNEF Setting in Active Directory
Hello I would like to change the TNEF setting of some contacts . As we are using LDAP to create our contact into AD from our CRM database. I was wondering if anyone knew the right attribute to change ? Thanks Sebastien Hello Seb, Thank you for posting here. Based on my knowledge, you configure the TNEF (Transport Neutral Encapsulation Format) settings for the contacts from Outlook client. To do so, refer to the following steps: 1. Locate the recipient in the Contacts folder, and then double-click the contact to open the contact details window. 2. Double-click the contact?s e-mail ad...

Exchange 2003 Active Sync question
Exchange 2003 Active Sync question I have been receiving conflicting information in tech docs. Some Technet info states that Active Sync requires Windows 2003 Active Directory controllers AND Windows 2003 AD in NATIVE mode. Another document I have states that Only WIndows 2000 Servers SP3 are required as AD controllers. This matters to us because our AD controllers are Windows 2000 SP4, our Exchange server is a member server Exchange 2003 on a Windows 2003 server. There are NO WIndows 2003 domain controllers. We want active sync to work, but it does not. I want to determine defin...

Activity plan quide/walkthrough help resource
I have a pwa 2007 server up and running. The PMO engineer hasn't a clue how to use project, and I don't know engineering. Is there a resource to help using activities in the project center? I am hoping to make the transition to Project easier to accept. Big TIA! -JS JS -- Of course you know that the PMO engineer's lack of knowledge about how to use Microsoft Project is a major risk to your company's implementation of Project Server. I trust you also know that there is no "quick fix" to resolve this problem. He/she desperately needs training on ho...

Help with reporting headcount and cost
Excel 2003 I have following information in columns: Name, arrival date, departure date, cost. I would like to create a pivot table showing total headcount and cost on a monthly level for the year in question and also on a yearly level for the duration of the project. Presently I have an own row per person per month, but I would like come up with something more sensible. What would be an efficient way of handling this? Hi Hans, I don’t know if the following method is the best and will be interested if anyone submits any other options. Create additional columns for the Months and Years...

Help needed with cell category, ie Number/Text etc
I am using a lookup formula in Excel 2003 to display a product description when I enter a product code. I am having a problem with choosing what category to assign to the cells. The product code can start with a number (some start with a 0) or a letter. If I assign the cells to be a number, when I enter a code that starts with 0 such as 0109 it changes it to 109. We need it to show the 0 in front. If I assign the cells to be text, the product codes such as 0109 work and it shows the right product description but when I use a product code that doesn't start with 0 such as 2208 it d...

Need scripting help!
Hi everyone, I'm pretty new to scripting and I am working with a sample I found at http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/resources/officetips/jun05/tips0616.mspx My question... Can I add a parameter so that the version of the desired file is captured as well? I'm executing this in VBS and have been successful outputting it to a text file. Am very hopeful I can capture that file version too! If not... how about file size? Thanks in advance!!!! Patricia wrote: > Hi everyone, > I'm pretty new to scripting and I am working with a sample I found at > http:/...

Need Help Fixing GDI Leaks
I have an application which is heavily graphics intensive, all the graphics being custom. Scattered throughout by app, I have MyView->OnDraw( this->GetDC() ); Apparently, each call to this->GetDC() creates a GDI object and, 16,000 or so calls to OnDraw() results in the Application hanging because it can no longer create any new GDI objects ( I know, 16,384 ) I tried CDC* pTheDC = this->GetDC(); this->OnDraw( pTheDC ); pTheDC->DeleteDC(); This took care of the GDI leak, but causes problems elsewhere, specfically in the CView::OnPa...

custom stationary margins help
Hello I dont think I've posted to Microsoft before. I've searched for hours for the answer to this question, and can't find it anywhere. I'm using Windows XP, Microsoft Outlook 2003. I've downloaded some custom email stationary from places like www.stationary. org, www.thundercloud.com, etc. I love it except for two things ... I don't particularly care for the scrolling; is there any way to make it not scroll? And, margins. When I click "New" and get a blank email, the message ends up starting at the left side, as it normally would, but with t...

Somewhat OT: Win-7 Help?
(Not running Windows-7, but will probably switch to it in the next few months.) Based on similar questions posted previously about a source of help info for Windows-7, it appears there is not, and probably won't be, a newsgroup for any aspect of Win-7. References have been made to a forum mode, and a search for "Win-7 forum" disclosed several having similar names (-7, -seven, etc.). My question is for the MVPs here who have been working with Win-7 for a while. Is there a consensus amongst the MVPs here regarding which Win-7 Forum is the best, the most ...

Macro help #6
Please, someone help me with the following macro-script. I created the following Macro to convert a workbook to a new version workbook. In the course of execution, I have to response to 3 prompts. 1) Do you want to save the changes you make to 'WorkbookA.xls' ? -- No 2) There is a large amount of Information on the Clipboard. Do you want to be able to paste the information into another program later ? -- No 3) A file named 'c:\test\WorkbookA' already exists in the location. Do you want to replace it ? -- Yes How do I automate the macro to these prompts ? A...

Can anyone help this?
Hi all, I have two windows 2000 DCs and two Windows 2003 DCs. I only changed all workstations new DNS to point the new DNS through the DHCP server on the windows 2003. I did not change memeber servers' DNS entries and they still use Windows 2000 DNS as I did not demote the Win2K DCs. But, when I took down the any one of these DCs, the emails are stucked in the Messages waiting directory lookup quenue. I can not figure out why as every DC is GC. Can anyone help? Thanks! Well, if Exchange can't look up the DC via DNS, then it can't deliver the messages. It really doesn&...

Using variables in activities generated by workflow
Hi Is is possible to use a variable (taken from the calling object) in the title of a workflow activity? For example, if I write a workflow rule to create a follow up call, I have no way of knowing to whom that call is until I drill down into the activity. It would be nice to have the title of the activity something like Follow up call to &contact.fullname to show in the activity list as Follow up call to John Smith. -- Thanks Gill Opsis www.opsis.com.au Gill, You actually have most of the syntax. Try the following: &contact.fullname; These slugs are unsupported, but the...

Problem Activating Money Plus on Vista
I am unable to activate MS Money Plus Deluxe under my standard user account. I purchase the product from the online store. The details of what happened when I tried to activate it follows: 1. I entered my activation code and I got a UAC message. I have Vista Home Premium and I'm using a standard user account. I entered my administrator password in response to the UAC message. If my memory serves me right, I got an error message and the activation process aborted. 2. I've had installation issues in the pass which I solved by logging on to my administrator account. So, I logged...

Help Money 2004
I have my home page set up ok. I want to add two more items. Priority to do list and Important Dates. When I go to customize and move the two items into the right panel and ok out they do not stick (show up) I don't have a clue as to what I am doing wrong. I have added some of the other selectable items ok just these two will not stick. Any help Please ...

Problem opening e-mail activity
When I try to open a draft e-mail activity I get the following error: "An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code." The request to the server (query string) is : /Activities/Email/edit.aspxid={CAADD887-4AE1-438A-BE09-9E559205337C} As you can see after edit.aspx there is a "?" missing, i.e. the above line should have been edit.aspx?id={CAADD887-4AE1-438A-BE09-9E559205337C} AND NOT edit.aspxid={CAADD887-4AE1-438A-BE09-9E559205337C} T...

HELP files not showing

I need some help with Money 2002
I need to reset my computer's Money I am leaving this job and I wanted to reset Money so that I can leave here without everyone knowing my financial information. Now is probably not the greatest time to think of this problem. It's their computer: they could have been watching your data all along. The 98% solution: delete you .MNY data file(s) using some wipe file routine like the one that comes with PGP; I suspect there are freeware tools out there to do this as well. The 99.5% solution: reformat the entire hard disk with some tool designed for the purpose. The 100% solution: too...

Pls Help Me!! #2
In column C is my answer after calculation of A & B (in percetage). How can I change all my positive(+) and negetive(-) value of percetage in this colunm to show positive value only? Thanks! davidiew :mad: -- davidtips ------------------------------------------------------------------------ davidtips's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=19103 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=389290 "davidtips" <davidtips.1ska79_1122019545.5219@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:davidtips.1ska79_11...

Please help, Weird outlook issue
We have a small Exchange 5.5 (25 users) with Outlook 2000 network. We've recently had an issue that I cannot figure out. Ok, We have a Secretary that is set up as a Publishing Editor (and we tried owner too) for her Supervisor's Contact folder. When she adds a contact to his CONTACTS they immediately disappeared. We figured out that they were being coded PRIVATE. I did a google search and found many people telling others to make sure that the Secretary is NOT checking the private box. That is NOT happening here. Also, we do not have something called Small Business Contact Manager ...

finding active cell
I would like to use either a form button or a command button to execute a macro that will launch a vba form. When the form is loaded I would like to know from what cell in the spreadsheet it was invoked. How would I do this? Thanks ABC ActiveCell.Address will return whatever cell is highlighted on the spreadsheet, which isn't necessarily the address of the form or command button that you pressed ABC On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 06:36:00 -0700, "Bob" <bobt5150@hotmail.com> wrote: >Dim rngRange as String > >rngRange = Activecell.Address > >>-----Original Mess...

Help required with countif function
Hi, Can somebody please tell me if it is possible to use the countif function across multiple sheets without repeatedly having to use countif. At present I have the following: Countif(sheet1!E1:E110,D15)+Countif(sheet2!A1:A55,D15)....... and so on up to 10 sheets. Can this statement be condensed? Any help greatly appreciated TIA Dynamo Only if the cell ranges are the same -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Dynamo" <Dynamo_member@newsguy.com> wrote in message news:bo6n5202sv9@drn.newsguy.com... > Hi, > > Can somebody please tell me if it is possible to use the countif...

Conditional Formatting Help when a Cell is Blank
I am trying to format a cell that has three scenario's. 1. If A1=B1, then the text will be green 2. If A1 does not equal B1, then the text will be red 3. If B1 is empty/blank, then A1 has no formatting. The value of B1 is dependant on a value that is selected from the Master Sheet. So B1 has a formula that is attached to it. I am having difficulties getting A1 to have no formatting if nothing has been filled/selected for B1. Any ideas would help. Thanks Hi, in conditional formating enter =AND(B1<>"",B1<>A1) then set up the colour to b...

Directory Export #4
When we do directory export, all SMTP addresses are not getting exported. Only the address which is set as reply address is exported. Pls guide how to export the entire settings. Thanks in advance. It sounds like you're using Exchange 5.5, so this article should help: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=153028 -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Anonymous" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8f1b01c4333e$2a8429f0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > When we do directory export, all SMTP addre...