Windows 2008 R2 and SQL SSMSE installation

Hi,

I am tring to install SQL 2008 R2 and SSMSE on a Server 2008 Server that has
already been upgraded to Powershell V2.

I have been unable to get Powershell V1 installed, even after removing
PoshV2, and downloading Poshv1, I get an error installing Posh V1, says this
update does not apply to your system.

If I install powershell via the deature mangement tool, it installs V2.

So how in the heck can I install SQL and SSMSE on Server 2008 R2, if SSMSE
requires PoshV1, and 2008 R2 comes with v2 by default?

Why does SSMSE hangup on v1 so much, isnt Posh suppose to be backward
compatible?

I posted this same question here on SQL forum.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sqlexpress/thread/22125757-0a1b-490d-9ec8-dd46a6e89689

thanks for any assitance.

You should be leaving v2 on a 2008 R2 server for other reasons.

If SSMSE won't install in that case, then it is not supported on R2.

Marco

"mossguy" <mossguy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am tring to install SQL 2008 R2 and SSMSE on a Server 2008 Server that
> has
> already been upgraded to Powershell V2.
>
> I have been unable to get Powershell V1 installed, even after removing
> PoshV2, and downloading Poshv1, I get an error installing Posh V1, says
> this
> update does not apply to your system.
>
> If I install powershell via the deature mangement tool, it installs V2.
>
> So how in the heck can I install SQL and SSMSE on Server 2008 R2, if SSMSE
> requires PoshV1, and 2008 R2 comes with v2 by default?
>
> Why does SSMSE hangup on v1 so much, isnt Posh suppose to be backward
> compatible?
>
> I posted this same question here on SQL forum.
>
> http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sqlexpress/thread/22125757-0a1b-490d-9ec8-dd46a6e89689
>
> thanks for any assitance.

0
Marco

error 80070103 after trying to install my saitek cyborg x joystick
i have tried installing my saitek cyborg x joystick several different ways - install cd, "plug and play" while getting the drivers from microsoft and the saitek websites and have had no luck. still getting the "error 80070103" message. help? Tip: Do not install any driver updates offered by Windows Update. Get them from the manufacturer's website instead. http://www.saitek.com/uk/down/drivers.php "gabriel_blues" wrote: > i have tried installing my saitek cyborg x joystick several different ways - > install cd, "plug and play" ...

CDO eMail messages not working from FoxPro since installing KB8929
We installed the Exchange 2000 Update (KB892986) and since then our code that creates CDO eMails errors out with the following message: "OLE IDispatch exception code 0 from CDO.Message.1: The transport lost its connection to the server." We are planning to reverse thes updates over the weekend. Does anyone know a better way around this? ...

2008 SBS questions... 07-04-10
I am trying to get a 2008 sbs running as efficiently as I can & was wondering about a couple of things. 1) I know it wants to be the DHCP server on a network, but what about for wireless clients? I have a wireless sonicwall TZ-170 for wireless laptops to connect to. They really don't need network access, just internet, so can I leave this running, as long as the addresses it hands out aren't in my same network? 2) Although the bought an SBS, the customer is not & probably won't be running exchange for a while. Can I remove exchange all together? I really see no rea...

RPC over HTTP
Hi I am trying to setup RPC over HTTP service on a Windows 2003 Enterpise server SP1 running Exchange 2003 Service Pack 1 I have installed the RPC over HTTP service I have installed the Certificate Authority and issued a certificate to the web site containing the Exchange features. Everytime you visit the https:// site and you install the certificate, you prompted the next time you visit the site again. Its seems that the certificate will not install correctly, this causes Outlook not to connect. any help or tips will be much apperciated. My Link with the certificate https://www....

SBS 2008 Fax Sent Items Not showing all faxes sent
Hello, I need to allow sent faxes to be seen by all users. I have Windows XP and Windows 7 64bit client machines. Currently they can only see their sent faxes. In SBS 2003 they were able to see all sent faxes. Any suggestions? Could you create an Outlook rule based on the fax sent acknowledgement that copied the fax to a public folder? "RodSoh" <RodSoh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A4541A0E-18C2-4A83-A13D-8E7D045C29E8@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > I need to allow sent faxes to be seen by all users. I have Windows XP...

IFD install needed help
Hi, After facing many errors and difficulties during the CRM 4.0 installation I successfully installed the product. Now I am trying to install CRM as IFD. I want to install IFD without any problems So I have some questions. What is the SDK root domain and web application root domain mean? Is the below config file format is alone enough for IFD installation. Is there anything else i need to look up.?? I went through the MSDN documentation. Can anyone guide tell me how and what configurations i should use to install IFD successfully. <CRMSetup> <Server> <ifdsettin...

Exchange 2003 installed SP2 now IMF is not working.
I had Exchange 2003 SP1 and installed the IMF. I heard that SP2 has the IMF bulit-in. During the SP2 install it said I had to uninstalled the old IMF, which I did. I then installed Exchange 2003 SP2, I see the tabs in the "System Manager", Global Settings, "Message Delivery" But no IMF portion under the SMTP. I tried to reinstalled the IMF but still it doesn't show up under the SMTP protocals. What am I doing wrong? Within system manager, go to protocols|smtp and select Properties, the Advanced button and then the edit button. Then select the checkbox for en...

Microsoft CRM 3.0 (KB922815) Installation Error
When i try to install Update Rollup 1 for MSCRM 3.0 i get following error. Setup could not find Microsoft CRM 3.0 Server or you have a mismatch between update language and Microsoft CRM language. The installation of this update has stopped. Is this rollup language dependent? I have a swedish installation of MSCRM. Thanks! // Mats ------=_NextPart_0001_11F19277 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Yes this rollup is language dependent. You need to install SVE(swedish - sweden) UR1 package. Thanks, Indira Dhingra This posting is provided "AS IS" with no...

Install rpc over htttp
i installed small business server 2003. Exchange servers works properly via owa. I used the process described in document entitlled "Exchange Server 2003 RPC over HTTP Deployment Scenarios" in section single server (page #17) "To configure an Exchange Server 2003 SP1 single-server installation to use RPC over HTTP" The pb is that when we take server properties the the RPC-HTTP tab does not appear (rpc over htttp is installed within Windows settings) Thanks for your help Maybe this can help you http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;833401 -- Jammy...

HELP with Office 2004 not loading after installing Adobe Acrobat 7.
Hi, Word, Excel and Powerpoint won�t launch anymore after installing Adobe Acrobat 7. I checked on office/startup and the three folders are empty. All I get is window telling me that app couldn�t launch.. Error reporting. Is there a way to fix this? I don�t want to reinstall OSX. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Office several times to no avail. Entourage launches fine. Thanks, AJ There are troubleshooting techniques linked from this page, work through them: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/macoffice/ see General Troubleshooting and Troubleshooting for Office 2004 If they get to the splash sc...

SQL Server
I'm currently using MS-Access to write reports using a SQL Server db as the data source in a client/server arrangement. The database is sufficiently large (2gb) that data retrieval speed is an issue. The current setup is linked tables to the SQL Server db via ODBC, and then the usual queries. 1. Can views and/or stored procedures on the SQL Server side along with paramaterized queries provide a significant performance boost? 2. I've read that views and stored procedures can be created w/i Access. Is this the same as creating them in SQL Server? 3. Are there other things I sho...

SBS2008 and SQL 2005
Hello All, So here is my question, we have the SBS 2008 Premium, and all the installation media are sent to us. And that includes the SQL 2005 and 2008 installation disks. But after I installed the SBS 2008 on my first server which we also would like to turn it to SQL, I looked into the Program And Features and found SQL 2005 already installed. But I haven't really insert any SQL installation disk. So is that a valid copy of SQL or just some thing like SQL Express? Do I need to uninstall that and install from my SQL install disk or I can start to use that? Thanks! Ben T...

In what order do installed AddIns open?
I had no joy with my other post 'Trying to read CustomDocumentProperties of an open 2007 AddIn Options ' so I'm trying another tack... To work around a problem I'm having, since upgrading a complex tool to Excel 2007, I need to ensure that my Version Checker AddIn always opens before my Engine AddIn. Is there any useable logic that dictates the order in which Excel opens its installed AddIns (e.g. alphabetical, order of installation, position in list) or is it one of those unknown internal processes that will forever remain a mystery? Br, Nick. First Com...

80070490 Error: Windows update encountered an unknown error 03-04-10
3 security updates will not complete (now 4). Error Code 80070490 02-Mar-10 I am unable to do these three security updates: KB970238(release date 6/9/09), KB97451(release date 10/13/09), KB954155(release date 10/13/09), & KB975517(release date 10/13/09). The last succesful update was KB9937286 on 2/27/2010 I have a Compaq Presario PC: SR5214X. OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Basic Version 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2 Build 6002 OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Manufacturer Compaq-Presario System Model GV441AA-ABA SR5214X System Type X86-based PC ...

Excel 2007. How do I get un-installed add-ins off the toolbar?
I have 2 Large Icons on the ribbon/toolbar of Excel 2007. These are Omnipage and s-force. Both of these have been uninstalled and I have de-activated both add-ins. How do I get these off the toolbar forever? thanks ...

A SQL error has occurred. Going off line with Outlook CRM 4.
I have seen this in multiple workstations. Running the diagnostics, does not report any errors, however removing the temprary data under advenced fixes the problem by deleting the content of the off line database. The problem with this fix is that it may take up to 12 hours for some of our overseas employees to do their initial off line. When is SP1 due? ...

C#, .net 3.5sp1 and Visual Studio 2008 sp1 errors list
What kind of errors will the errors list show when using C# 3.5sp1 with Visual Studio 2008sp1? "Andy B." <a_borka@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:%23tmIzu4vKHA.404@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > What kind of errors will the errors list show when using C# 3.5sp1 with > Visual Studio 2008sp1? e Why would you expect any? On the face of it vs 2008 sp1 will target .Net framework 3.5 sp1 by default. Andy B. wrote: > What kind of errors will the errors list show when using C# 3.5sp1 with > Visual Studio 2008sp1? That all depends on what ki...

limit create window/control max count?
Hi all. I am testing a create control. But I want create many control (more 10000) in dialog. I test dynamic create CButton. It's created about 9800. I want work. 1. have a two dialog.(A, B) 2. A dialog has 40 controls(Button, Spin, static). 3. B dialog has contain A dialog. A dialog is more than 200. 4. create A dialog dynamic.(Using A->Create(IDD, this)) and attach B dialog. A dialog is modaless. 5. But not create about 190. dialog create function return 0. thank for read. Have a nice day. You need to redesign your system, IMO. -- - Mark Randall http://zetech.swehli.com...

Bug with controls location and scrollbars in a Windows Form
Hi, I've noticed a bug with WinForm and scrollbars, and I would like to know if there is a workaround ... Bug description : ------------------------ 1) create a win form, and add 3 buttons : * FirstButton : upper left corner of the winform * SecondButton : location = (0 ; 600) * ThirdButton : location = (100, 600) 2) Set : ThirdButton.Visible = false 3) Set the Form size to 100 x 100 ... and set : AutoScroll = true 4) Add the following event handler to the Click event of FirstButton and SecondButton ... private vo...

ADAM Error with Web Service Installation
i need to install the Business Portal for GP 10.0 the web services is required. during the installation of the web services, i encountered an error " ADAM Error 128" what could cause this and how do i solve this? Any one help!!!!! Hi Taiwo Are the web services already installed? If they are it sounds like the issue may be that a different user account installed the web services (other then the one that is installing the BP) Fliehigh "Taiwo" wrote: > > i need to install the Business Portal for GP 10.0 > the web services is required. > during the insta...

Money 2007 H & B + Windows Vista
Hello, I have read a lot about problems with installing and using Money (2007) on machines running Windows Vista. Is there some kind of "manual" how to go about the install procedure? A manual that describes where to have the program installed installed and where to keep the data? And a manual that describes how to keep the rights as an administrator as you would normally have under windows XP? And maybe there are some other issues that I haven't thought about. Thanks, Eric "Eric" <nomail@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:468fe69d$0$37724$5fc3050@dre...

Wrap to Window
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) In draft view, I'd like the text to wrap to the window size rather than the document's margins. Is this feature part of Word for Mac? It's easily done in the PC version. Thanks, Robin Hi Robin - Word> Preferences> View - check the box for Wrap text to window. HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 4/12/08 10:20 AM, in article ee98414.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Robin@officeformac.com" <Robin@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > &g...

close all windows
is there any way to get access to close all the open windows usingVBA, without having to define all the open windows. many thanks michael Dim frm as FormFor each frm in Forms Docmd.Closenext frmOn Mar 20, 10:15 am, Wayne-I-M <Wayn...@discussions.microsoft.com>wrote:> DoCmd.Quit>> --> Wayne> Manchester, England.>>>> "michael goodall" wrote:> > is there any way to get access to close all the open windows using> > VBA, without having to define all the open windows. many thanks michael- Hide quoted text ->> - Show quoted text -...

window client area...
Hi, After getting a pointer to the main window by using AfxGetMainWnd(), how to get the window's client area? I try CalcWindowRect() but it returns huge numbers that don't make sense. Please help. Thanks. Tony Try GetClientRect() -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "May Young" <tony@srac.com> wrote in message news:3FD6826E.1030603@srac.com... > Hi, > > After getting a pointer to the main window by using AfxGetMainWnd(), how > to get the window's client area? I try CalcWindowRect() but it returns >...

how can i present a JPG in a window having cell with the path?
I build a catalog for coins collection with Excel. each row represents a coin (record). in two cells (fields) i have a path to both sides of the coin scanned as a JPG files in the specific directory. i would like the following scenario: when i stand on a specific row (any cell), the relevant images are presented in 2 big windows. when i move to another row, the image automatically changes etc. i would like also to control the size of the window. would appreciate your help, thanks, sam Hi Sam See if this gets you started: Insert an Image1 from the activex coltrols toolbox. S...