Windows 2008 - Cluster Commands via Powershell

Hello,

I want send Clustercommands, set Ressources Online/Offline, against a Cluster.
We are using a Windows 2008 x64 SP2 Server.
Unfortunately I didn't find any links in the web to help me for this question.

Can anyone help me?
 * witch Power shell version do I need for this tasks
 * can you give me some Examples

Thaks for your help

Franz-Josef

0
Utf
3/2/2010 8:32:01 AM
windows.powershell 690 articles. 0 followers. Follow

3 Replies
1292 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 23

Only Server 2008 R2 comes with clustering cmdlets.

For Server 2008, if you want to automate clustering, you will have to use 
cluster.exe.  There's also at least one other interface: either WMI and/or 
COM (I can't remember right now).

Marco

"Franz-Josef" <Franz-Josef@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:5D3A681F-8A08-418B-9FC4-A518ABFACC7C@microsoft.com...
> Hello,
>
> I want send Clustercommands, set Ressources Online/Offline, against a 
> Cluster.
> We are using a Windows 2008 x64 SP2 Server.
> Unfortunately I didn't find any links in the web to help me for this 
> question.
>
> Can anyone help me?
> * witch Power shell version do I need for this tasks
> * can you give me some Examples
>
> Thaks for your help
>
> Franz-Josef
> 
0
Marco
3/2/2010 12:29:11 PM
I posted a LibraryMSCS on PoshCode that uses cluster.exe and the MSCluster_* 
WMI classes. See http://poshcode.org/724

I use mixture of the custom functions that parse cluster.exe or use the WMI 
class with straight cluster.exe commands. Some examples from the library:

#Take all groups offline
$grpArray = @()
get-clustergroup . | where {$_.groupname  -notlike "Cluster*"} | foreach 
{$grpArray += $_.groupname}
$grpArray | foreach { cluster . group "$_" /offline /wait}
cluster . group /status

#Move group to 1st perferred node:
$prfHash = @{}
Get-ClusterPreferredNode "." | where {$_.order -eq 1} | foreach { 
$prfHash[$_.groupname] = $_.node }
$prfHash.keys | foreach { cluster . group "$_" /online:$prfHash."$_" /wait }
cluster . group /status



"Marco Shaw [MVP]" wrote:

> Only Server 2008 R2 comes with clustering cmdlets.
> 
> For Server 2008, if you want to automate clustering, you will have to use 
> cluster.exe.  There's also at least one other interface: either WMI and/or 
> COM (I can't remember right now).
> 
> Marco
> 
> "Franz-Josef" <Franz-Josef@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:5D3A681F-8A08-418B-9FC4-A518ABFACC7C@microsoft.com...
> > Hello,
> >
> > I want send Clustercommands, set Ressources Online/Offline, against a 
> > Cluster.
> > We are using a Windows 2008 x64 SP2 Server.
> > Unfortunately I didn't find any links in the web to help me for this 
> > question.
> >
> > Can anyone help me?
> > * witch Power shell version do I need for this tasks
> > * can you give me some Examples
> >
> > Thaks for your help
> >
> > Franz-Josef
> > 
> .
> 
0
Utf
3/2/2010 8:21:01 PM
How do I set "Registry Replication" for a GenericSerivce or 
GenericApplication using cluster.exe or powershell?

Thanks

"Chad" wrote:

> I posted a LibraryMSCS on PoshCode that uses cluster.exe and the MSCluster_* 
> WMI classes. See http://poshcode.org/724
> 
> I use mixture of the custom functions that parse cluster.exe or use the WMI 
> class with straight cluster.exe commands. Some examples from the library:
> 
> #Take all groups offline
> $grpArray = @()
> get-clustergroup . | where {$_.groupname  -notlike "Cluster*"} | foreach 
> {$grpArray += $_.groupname}
> $grpArray | foreach { cluster . group "$_" /offline /wait}
> cluster . group /status
> 
> #Move group to 1st perferred node:
> $prfHash = @{}
> Get-ClusterPreferredNode "." | where {$_.order -eq 1} | foreach { 
> $prfHash[$_.groupname] = $_.node }
> $prfHash.keys | foreach { cluster . group "$_" /online:$prfHash."$_" /wait }
> cluster . group /status
> 
> 
> 
> "Marco Shaw [MVP]" wrote:
> 
> > Only Server 2008 R2 comes with clustering cmdlets.
> > 
> > For Server 2008, if you want to automate clustering, you will have to use 
> > cluster.exe.  There's also at least one other interface: either WMI and/or 
> > COM (I can't remember right now).
> > 
> > Marco
> > 
> > "Franz-Josef" <Franz-Josef@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> > news:5D3A681F-8A08-418B-9FC4-A518ABFACC7C@microsoft.com...
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I want send Clustercommands, set Ressources Online/Offline, against a 
> > > Cluster.
> > > We are using a Windows 2008 x64 SP2 Server.
> > > Unfortunately I didn't find any links in the web to help me for this 
> > > question.
> > >
> > > Can anyone help me?
> > > * witch Power shell version do I need for this tasks
> > > * can you give me some Examples
> > >
> > > Thaks for your help
> > >
> > > Franz-Josef
> > > 
> > .
> > 
0
Utf
5/7/2010 2:07:01 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Calendar 2008 version
I am having real problems with my Entourage calendar, all new meetings I enter seem to disappear? I upgraded from 2004 - 2008 around 2 months ago and although there were a few glitches importing data at first, I had no problems entering diary appointments. All the dates I imported are still present, it is just the new ones I enter?? I have been using Entourage for years and never had this problem before..... help!! wendy9479 wrote: > I am having real problems with my Entourage calendar, all new meetings I > enter seem to disappear? I upgraded from 2004 - 2008 around 2 month...

problems minimizing Outlook 2003 on Windows 7
I have a problem when I minimize Outlook 2003 on Windows 7. When I do this, the Outlook 2003 application "disappears". It does not show up in the SysTray like other apps. It appears to be closeed (terminated) when I minimize it. I'm only using the Calendar portion of Outlook 2003. I haven't set up the email server connections in it when this happens. I only want to use the Calendar/ToDo portions of Outlook 2003, not the email client application. Any suggestions? thanks, Gavin Bowlby Gavin When Outlook is open you will need to resize the window for it...

Connecting to HQ Manager via IP address
Is it possible to connect to HQ from outside the HQ network? I would like to be able to specify the IP and port like you do in HQ Client to enable me to run HQ Manager from a store location or home office to connect to the HQ database. Any suggestions? -- Dan Rishworth hi Dan, yes it is possible the thing you need is static IP , you can use the ADSL /DSL connection for it and request your ISP to give you dedicated IP that IP you can put to your HQ server (make sure give some security to HQ machine) and then from anywhere in this world you can access your HQ by giving the public IP ...

Monitoring opening of all windows
Is it feasible to monitor the opening of all windows on a system? I would like to write an application that simply passively waits for a specific window to open, then immediately closes it. Beyond that, it should merely do nothing other than be ready to close it again if the same window should open again. What is the most efficient way to do such a thing. I don't want my application to incur a lot of overhead. Thanks, Ray Mitchell ...

Windows Live Password
Anyone else experiencing Windows Live Password problems tonight? In microsoft.public.money, William Smith wrote: >Anyone else experiencing Windows Live Password problems tonight? Several Money 2004 and earlier users have reported problems. What program are you using? I am using Moneyplus, on WindowsXP, I get continual error messages the email address or password is incorrect. It is not incorrect, I can sign onto msn with the email address and password. "Cal Learner-- MVP" <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote in message news:noj3n31pi4tqvjgdbiah9sp3rgsgm8ki8t@4ax.com...

Will my 32-bit Add-in work in 64-bit Windows?
Hi, I have an Excel add-in that uses MSXML v3.0 for reading/writing XML files. It also uses a few libraries, including Microsoft Office Runtime, OLE Automation, Excel Object Library, etc. The add-in was developed in (and works fine on) Windows XP Professional (32-bit), Excel 2000. Would like to know if this add-in would work fine on a PC with Windows XP Professional (64-bit) and Excel 2000 (9.0.8980 SP-3). Will I have to modify any aspects of my code, such as the XML function calls? Thank you, Shankar ...

Windows 7, Multi-monitor, and Desktop Backgrounds
I am using Windows 7 with a multi-monitor setup. I have the presentation display mode set to Extend, and am using the background from the Windows 7 Aero theme. Because my secondary monitor has a slightly different width to height ratio (My primary monitor is 1440 x 900 and my secondary monitor is 1280 x 1024), my secondary monitor has a little bit of black area above and below the background. Even though I can use this black area just like any other area on the monitor, I would like to have the background cover the whole thing. I have selected Fill as the Picture Position, which ...

Windows 7 update nightmare
I finally updated from Vista Home Premium to Windows 7, as an upgarde rather than a new installation, on my new Acer desktop OK, but it was a hassle. I ran the Upgrade Advisor and it said to uninstall ATI Install Manager and re-install it after the upgrade, and to uninstall Canon Easy Photo-Printer which was not compatible. So I did. Ran the Upgrade Advisor again and those problems were gone. Ran the upgrade Windows7 media disk and after waiting for the compatibility section to do its thing up it came saying that those two applications were still problems. Trying to bypass them o...

Office 2007
locast installed Office 2007 on a new WIndows 7 machine. The installation went through without error. But now I cannot open any of the Office 2003 files. The error I get is as below. The files are on a local drive and not read only. Excel cannot open the file <filename>. The document may be read-only or corrupted. <filename> cannot be accessed. THe file may be corrupted, located on a server that is not responding or read only. Please help. Thanks much. Are you the owner of the folder in question? omsoft wrote: > locast installed Office 2007 on a new ...

SBS 2008 AV
Hi Guys, Any recommendations on AV for SBS 2008? Many Thanks Boy this topic has been covered once a week for the what last 2 months? Here is a post I just made a week ago ---------------------------------- Although Some are not liking Trend WFBS 6.0 Advanced because of the SMARTScan and other issues I still Like it. (I disable SmartScan and Go to Conventional, I also do not use the Browser toolbar.) However that being said I still love it because of all it's features and ease of installation and configuration settings done with a web admin console. Trend WFBS 6...

Access 2000 on Windows XP
Is there a way to run Access 2000 through Windows XP without having to convert the entire database? I work in an office that shares an Access 2000 database. All of the users are currently running Windows 2000 but a few of the users would like to switch to Windows XP. Thank you in advance for ideas/help! I have a database developed under Office 2000/Windows 2000 which runs successfully on a machine with OfficeXP/WindowsXP. However if I then alter any VB code on the latter, the program fails. Any ideas? >-----Original Message----- >Hi Christine, > >Whether you are using Wi...

Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 500 Syntax error, command unrecognized
Some people are receiving following or similar "Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 500 Syntax error, command unrecognized" errors while trying to send mail to us. We have ESMTP enabled in our firewall and supports following commands AUTH BDAT BINARYMIME 8BITMIME CHUNKING EHLO ETRN SIZE. Do you know what may be the problem and is there anything we can do to fix it. Thank you for your help. Regards M.T. ...

Highest Version of Adobe Reader for Windows 98se
Hi, Can someone tell me what is the highest version of Adobe Reader I can use on my Windows 98se computer? Thank You in Advance, John PS, Remove "ine" from my email address On 05/08/2010 06:34 AM, jaugustine@verizon.net wrote: > Hi, > > Can someone tell me what is the highest version of Adobe Reader I can > use on my Windows 98se computer? > > Thank You in Advance, John > > PS, Remove "ine" from my email address > Adobe is very bloated you will probably be better off with Foxit it'...

Toshiba Bluetooth API SDK for windows
Hi guys, I am a C++ programmer looking for the Toshiba Bluetooth API SDK. does anyone know where can I get it? Thanks in advance, Oren ...

Windows 2003 AD and CRM
Will MS CRM install and function in a Windows 2003 AD domain? Thanks, It SHOULD run on it...may have to tweak some default settings on the box though. Dean >-----Original Message----- >Will MS CRM install and function in a Windows 2003 AD domain? > >Thanks, > > >. > I have been told that CRM will fuction in a a 2003 domain environment. Just dont try to load CRM onto a server running 2003. "Shawn Hayes" <shawn.hayes@compass.net> wrote in message news:OIBKSFuhDHA.1200@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Will MS CRM install and function in a Windows 2003...

inserting animatins in Windows live mail
Have tried all the various methods of inserting photos and other formats into new messages however the animation in gif images does not work. The image will appear but no animation. Have tried the inline and photo layout versions but no success. Did not have this problem with any other mail versions I have used in the past. Is there a simple solution I am missing???? I prefer to stay with Windows Live Mail after using windows Mail with Vista which was very similar to this version with Windows 7. Insert | Image | Inline. It will be animated /after/ you send it. -- ...

Memory leak in Office 2008?
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3283948422_287840 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit SITUATION: I'm running OS 10.5.1 on a Dual G5 2.0 with 2.5 GB RAM. Office 2008 is installed on a 40 GB boot volume of which 21 GB is free. I have no haxies installed. PROBLEM: Since upgrading from Office 2004 to 2008, I've experienced a memory leak that may be coincidental with the upgrade but, then again, might be caused by it alon...

From DOS to Windows- How?
A friend has found that on booting he now gets a DOS site How can he change to windows? Is there a DOS command to do this? I think it was after he used Partition Commander Blair bm wrote: > A friend has found that on booting he now gets a DOS site > How can he change to windows? Is there a DOS command to do this? > I think it was after he used Partition Commander Sounds like your friend messed with something they did not understand and changed it so they are now booting to a different partition than the one Windows is installed upon (Windows XP is not DOS based.) ...

All windows updates fail
I have a lenovo 32-bit Operating system which is running Windows Home basic. This computer is a few years old but we just started using it. I am trying to update the system but none of the updates are successful. I am able to download the updates but not able to install. There were 54+ updates trying to install and it got stuck on #2 lasting 10+ hours. Help? Right-click on My Computer & select Properties: What Windows version is displayed in the resulting General tab (e.g., Windows Vista Home Basic Service Pack 1)? What anti-virus application or security suite is installe...

Unable To Add Records Via Form
Hello, I'm fairly new to Access so I'm not sure if this is an easy one for all of you... I'm running Access 2003. I have two tables and created a relationship between 1 field in table1 and 1 field in table2. The type of relationship is to only display rows where the fields are equal. I created a form using fields from table1 and table2. The data displays correctly in the form, however when I try to add a new record the add record arrow is greyed out. Also, if I try to edit any existing fields, it does not allow me to. No error, just unable to edit the fields. Is ther...

Windows 7 versions puzzle
At this time I am running both Windows Vista Home Premium (32 bit) and the Release Candidate Build 7100 (32 bit) of Windows 7 in dual boot mode. My machine is always a work in progress: sometimes with a new drive, or even a new MB. If I buy the Windows 7 (64 bit) ANYTIME UPGRADE, will it work for me? I need to re-install my Operating System on various occasions whenever I make a major overhaul of my system, but at NO TIME do I install the Operating system on MORE THAN ONE COMPUTER. I just need to re-install it when I make a major change, using the same legal access key. What do...

Dialog windows inside a CScrollView
Hi, I would like to insert a dialog inside a CScrollView. How can I do this ? Usually I use a Dialog as a root parent but what's happen if I insert a Cdialog and inside this dialog somme controls (CStatic). Vincent RICHOMME wrote: > Hi, > > I would like to insert a dialog inside a CScrollView. How can I do this ? > Usually I use a Dialog as a root parent but what's happen if I insert a > Cdialog and inside this dialog somme controls (CStatic). A CFormView is a CScrollView that displays a dialog template. So it may be exactly what you want. -- Scott McPhillips...

Lost Windows Product Key
INNOBATE Product Key Recovery, is a utility software tool, which decrypts the stored Windows Product Key on your Microsoft Windows 2000, 2003 and Windows XP family of operating systems. This tool allows your to save your Windows computer system's product key code to a text file as a backup. For a Windows XP Computer system this utility software tool gives the user the ability to check if their installation of XP has been pre-activated. ...

Windows XP Pro startup problem
Hi, I have a customer that is running Windows XP Pro. Their PC was working fine and they claim that they did not change any hardware or software. All of a sudden, however, Windows XP will not start. After being powered on, the PC gets stuck either at the "Microsoft Windows XP" screen with the progress meter or at "Loading Personal Settings". This happens every time they try to start the PC and they eventually have to force it off with the power button. They have tried booting to "Normal Mode", "Safe Mode", and "Last Known Good ...

Windows CE 5 Intel 82551ER configuration fails
I'm trying to get CE 5 running on an AMD LX-800 board with an Intel 82551ER controller. I've read through the previous posts about this and have tried to follow the examples but still no joy. The E100CE5.DLL file is included in my build. I am logging serial debug out from the board, I open internet Explorer, try to go to a web page and get "AFD:ResolveName !No IPv4 Interfaces" along with "No IPv6Interfaces" on the debug data strings. In Platform.bib I have: e100ce5.dll $(_FLATRELEASEDIR)\e100ce5.dll NK SH In config.bib I ...