set-location to device

Will powershell let you set location to a connected phone device?

When I connect a mobile phone it shows up in explorer as
\computer\devicename

I can browse the phone with Windows Explorer.

Wanted to write a script to move some files around on the phone, but I am
not sure
how or if that can be done.

using set-location does not seem to work, and get-psdrive does not show it
listed as a drive.

Thanks,
Bryon

0
Bryon

I think that for powershell to be able to access the device you need to have
a drive mapped to the device.  if you can do this outside powershell you
should then be able to use set-location
--
Richard Siddaway
All scripts are supplied "as is" and with no warranty

"Bryon" wrote:

> Will powershell let you set location to a connected phone device?
>
> When I connect a mobile phone it shows up in explorer as
> \computer\devicename
>
> I can browse the phone with Windows Explorer.
>
> Wanted to write a script to move some files around on the phone, but I am
> not sure
> how or if that can be done.
>
> using set-location does not seem to work, and get-psdrive does not show it
> listed as a drive.
>
> Thanks,
> Bryon

I tried using a UNC to Set-Location, and here is what happened:

PS C:>
PS C:> set-location \\acerone\cdrive\bin
PS Microsoft.PowerShell.Core\FileSystem::\\acerone\cdrive\bin
PS Microsoft.PowerShell.Core> pwd
Path
----
Microsoft.PowerShell.Core\FileSystem::\\acerone\cdrive\bin
PS Microsoft.PowerShell.Core>

That's the first time I have seen "Microsoft.PowerShell.Core".

  - Larry

RichS [MVP] wrote:
> I think that for powershell to be able to access the device you need to have
> a drive mapped to the device.  if you can do this outside powershell you
> should then be able to use set-location
0
Larry__Weiss
11/13/2009 8:52:51 PM
Yep, however it's pretty annoying - I always change my prompt to prevent
this from occurring (I just want to see UNC path in readable format)

"Larry__Weiss" <lfw@airmail.net> wrote in message
> I tried using a UNC to Set-Location, and here is what happened:
>
> PS C:>
> PS C:> set-location \\acerone\cdrive\bin
> PS Microsoft.PowerShell.Core\FileSystem::\\acerone\cdrive\bin
> PS Microsoft.PowerShell.Core> pwd
> Path
> ----
> Microsoft.PowerShell.Core\FileSystem::\\acerone\cdrive\bin
> PS Microsoft.PowerShell.Core>
>

> That's the first time I have seen "Microsoft.PowerShell.Core".
>
>  - Larry
>

> RichS [MVP] wrote:
>> I think that for powershell to be able to access the device you need to
>> have a drive mapped to the device.  if you can do this outside powershell
>> you should then be able to use set-location

0
Martin
11/14/2009 9:07:52 AM
Not off the shelf you would need a Powershell Provider

On Nov 13, 11:39=A0am, "Bryon" <bry...@msn.com> wrote:
> Will powershell let you set location to a connected phone device?
>
> When I connect a mobile phone it shows up in explorer as
> \computer\devicename
>
> I can browse the phone with Windows Explorer.
>
> Wanted to write a script to move some files around on the phone, but I am
> not sure
> how or if that can be done.
>
> using set-location does not seem to work, and get-psdrive does not show i=
> listed as a drive.
>
> Thanks,
> Bryon

Unless the device maps a standard drive, you won't have much luck.
That path is a kind of virtualized device path. If you're running
windows mobile, you can walk around and play with files on the device
with:

http://psmobile.codeplex.com/

-Oisin
0
Oisin

Setting up task, calender, etc in outlook.
I only can use my outlook for e-mail. How do I get all the other things, such as task, calendar, address book etc. Are you using Outlook or Outlook Express? OE is a completely different program from Outlook, and OE is only for mail and newsgroups. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "Val Gennai" <val@design-eu> wrote in message news:057101c34739$473cc9e0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I only can use my outlook for e-mail. How do I get...

How do I set up my own Outlook Email form, with own choice font s
I want to set up an Outlook email form, to appear when I press "New", with my own choice of background, font style, and font size and colour. Can anyone help? For information on customizing the default Outlook forms, see http://www.outlookcode.com/d/forms.htm. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "billyarrow" wrote: > I want to set up an Outlook email form, to appear when I press "New", with my > own choice of backgro...

Automated way to discover the structure of the result set of a stored procedure?
Is it possible to write a script that, as its input, takes the name of a stored procedure, and, as its output, produces a table each of whose rows contains the name and data type of each column in the (presumably unique) result set of that stored procedure? I am trying to build a system that can create a set of scripts that can act as a test harness for a given stored procedure. I would like to automate as much of this task as possible. Currently, I am generating scripts that can read sets of parameters stored in a table, invoke the stored procedure for each parameter set (represente...

What settings are needed to print a Publisher two-sided brochure?
I have been trying to print a brochure in Publisher. No matter what settings I use, there is always one side upside-down or the text is flipped, or some other undesirable combination. If there are particular settings that allow my printing to work, please let me know. Thank you very much. Intern <Intern@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I have been trying to print a brochure in Publisher. No matter what > settings I use, there is always one side upside-down or the text is > flipped, or some other undesirable combination. If there are > pa...

How do I set up labels? I can't find tool bar
I need help setting up blank lables "Marylee" <Marylee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E3C6485A-9CA9-452A-A372-21107FDDE184@microsoft.com... > I need help setting up blank lables What version of Word might be a tad helpful..... Labels are on the Mailings Tab. -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "Marylee" <Marylee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E3C6485A-9CA9-452A-A372-21107FDDE184@microsoft.com... > I need help setting up blank lables ...

How to create chart with TWO categories and one set of data?
One cata ategory is GROUP another category is DEPARTMENTS and the data looks as under: Dept Group Salary === ===== ==== Finance Engineers 25 Finance Engineers 40 Finance Engineers 60 HR Welder 18 HR Welder 15 HR Engineers 30 HR ...

set menubar and toolbar for all reports via code
Does anyone know how to enumerate through the AllReports collection to set a custom menubar and toolbar for each report in the collection? I can set the menubar and toolbar when a report is open, but I need to be able to set these whether a report is open or not. I need to set the menu/tool bars for each report during the launch of the startup form. There are 60 some reports in the application, and ever growing, and I'd rather not have to set each one individually via its property sheet "microb0x" <wolffmike@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1182270718.118751.215060@g4...

Problem setting required/recommended/normal dynamically in forms
I have the following code in a CRM 4.0 (UR2) deployment on the contact form: var QUICKCREATEFORM = 5; var CRM_REQUIRED_LEVEL_NORMAL = 0; var CRM_REQUIRED_LEVEL_RECOMMENDED = 1; var CRM_REQUIRED_LEVEL_REQUIRED = 2; if ( crmForm.FormType != QUICKCREATEFORM ) { var oClient = crmForm.all.new_client; var oRegistrationDate = crmForm.all.new_registrationdate; if (oClient.DataValue == true ) { oRegistrationDate.Disabled = false; crmForm.SetFieldReqLevel("new_registrationdate", CRM_REQUIRED_LEVEL_REQUIRED); crmForm.SetFieldReqLevel("lastname", CRM_REQUIRED_LEVEL_NORMAL); ...

Sound card / sound devices not recognized
I recently re-installed XP SP3 after a virus attack and now my machine is not recognizing my headphones nor my plug and play speakers (both of these work on other machines). My machine is a Gateway, built 12/2003, P4, Windows Media Player 9. My best guess is that it is a sound card issue. I don’t know whether the card is on the motherboard or separate: I haven’t ID’ed the type of sound card yet. I ran a program called Everest that lists all the components, but under the motherboard I did not recognize anything that looked like a sound card. I have made sure the speakers are...

How do I put a unique logo into Personal Info set on MS PUB
I want to get my own unique logo. THEN I want to put it permanently into the "logo" box in the Personal Information area so that I can frequently use it. Is this doable? Lots of help here Edit a logo for a personal information set http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HP030713481033.aspx?pid=CH062524721033 -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Gil Fair" <gilfair@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:31A9934E-A6D9-4356-91FF-6B14831F2A6E@microsoft.com... >I want to get my own ...

location of data storage area
Hi, I have WinXP Home and Outlook Express 6. I recently had to re-install Windows which left all my directory structures and data intact. However, my Outlook Express data seems to have been wiped, along with my address book, which stupidly I forgot to backup. I created a different user account when reinstalling XP. I thought my outlook data would all still be intact under "docs and settings" but I can't find it. Does anyone know the path to the data files for Outlook Express on Win XP? Thanks Wrong newsgroup. You are asking about Outlook *EXPRESS*. That's not...

Cannot change Organization Setting in CRM
Hi: I have a problem in MS CRM 3.0. In the "System Setting" of "organization settings", after I change the setting and save, system did not prompt any error message, but system will not save my setting??? When I open the "System setting" again, it is still the old setting. Why? Thanks -- Richard Hi, You need to publish your changes... there's a button for it on the toolbar "Richard Jin" wrote: > Hi: > > I have a problem in MS CRM 3.0. > In the "System Setting" of "organization settings", after I change the ...

How To Set BCC?
New email messages in my Outlook 2002, SP-2 has boxes for "To" and "CC." I'd like to add a "BCC" box. How do I do this? In a new message: go to view, BCC Field. Larry Bohen wrote: > New email messages in my Outlook 2002, SP-2 has boxes for "To" and > "CC." I'd like to add a "BCC" box. How do I do this? In the new message, click View, BCC Field. "Larry Bohen" <lbohen@audiobooksonline.com> wrote in message news:vh8gtsfdju2fb8@corp.supernews.com... > New email messages in my Outlook 2002, SP-2 h...

workflow manager not opening
I get the following error when trying to open any of the workflow tools ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- An error occurred while loading the organisation's date, time, and number format settings. Those settings are incompatible with the formats already used in Workflow Manager. To sync them, you can make changes to System Settings in the System Customisation area of Microsoft CRM Server. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- No-one has changed this settings, but our...

notebook file locations
i would like to set up a notebook for each of my clients (estimated 500 notebooks) and put them on a server so other staffers can access and share. Is it possible to still use search functions or do all of the notebooks have to be open to search the files. edwhicks wrote: > i would like to set up a notebook for each of my clients (estimated > 500 notebooks) and put them on a server so other staffers can access > and share. Is it possible to still use search functions or do all of > the notebooks have to be open to search the files. The search only works for files whi...

Set print area on several pages at once in Excell Workbook?
How can I set the print area on several pages of an Excell workbook at one time instead of having to set it one page at a time? You would have to write a macro to do this. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "willow" <willow@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6A934EF4-AF5F-49F5-9F0A-1BB51A45F66C@microsoft.com... > How can I set the print area on several pages of an Excell > workbook at one > time instead of having to set it one page at a time? When you have the workbook open, ther...

asking for password when I didn't set it up
I had Microsoft Money 98 on my computer. My computer broke and I got a laptop with a newer version. I applied my backup to the newer version with no problems. When I got my other computer running and tried to put my backed up data onto the 98 version it would not allow it. I then downloaded a trial version of 2004 onto my computer and it allowed me to use my backup. The trial version expired and I decided the 98 worked just fine for now. I spoke to a support person from Gateway who told me to uninstall the trial version and reinstall my 98 version and my data would all come ba...

No email since set up.Loads before.Reasons why?
Recently reinstalled windows and microsoft office 2003.Generally working ok,but since microsoft outlook took over from outlook express have received no email at all.Previously receiving up to twelve a day.Dont want to mess unnecessarily with system,but need email back.What can I do? Reva With Outlook 2003 open go to Tools>E-mail Accounts. Follow the wizard to set up an account. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 22 Dec 2005 12:06:02 -0800, Reva Tir. <Reva Tir.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Recently reinstalled windows and microsoft office 2003.Generally working >ok,b...

Allow Defaults for Tools
Would like to have the ability to set the defaults for the Tools - Options window for all CRM users and/or groups of users. Settings include Default Pane, Default Tab, Records Per Page, and Time Zone. -- Thanks, Justin ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. ...

Can't set default font for envelopes
I've been able to set default fonts for Normal.doc but envelopes keeps forgetting the default. While in Mailing/Envelopes - I highlight and right click on the address I entered. I select the font I want (Trebuchet MS) and select DEFAULT at bottom left. The message: "You are about to change the default font to (Default) Trebuschet MS,. Do you want to change to affect all new documents based on the Normal Template?" I select YES - It doesn't work. And the Normal.docx has alread had the default set to Trebuchet MS. and seems to be holding. An earlier ...

OnTimer() Not Being Called after timer is set up (VS C++ 6.0)
OK, here is what I have done. I am looking to use a timer to complete some refresh operations every 2 seconds. However, I cannot get my OnTimer()function to be called. I set up a timer with the following line of code: SetTimer(1, 2000, 0); Then, I have the Ontimer function, which I created from ClassWizard as a message handler for WM_TIMER. void CProbeTalkMenu::OnTimer(UINT nIDEvent) { m_szStatus += "*"; UpdateData(); CDialog::OnTimer(nIDEvent); } OnTimer() is never called. I am afraid that I am failing to do something grossly important. Can anyone explai...

Initialise removable storage device?
I have a DOS batch script which runs backups using NTBackup to a DAT160 external tape drive. The batch script uses rsm to identify the logical media guid to pass to NTBackup. When I run this script after inserting the tape in the tape drive it invariably fails with a mesage "The operation was not performed because an invalid Removable Storage GUID was specified." If I run the script again immediately, without changing anything, it runs correctly. I've also noticed that if I open the rsm user interface in Computer Manage before running the backup script the scrip...

Chart source setting with VBA
Hi, I currently have a chart grpQuickLook on a form in Access. I am setting the row source of this based on the selection made by the user. If they select to add data by an individual, it will show the individuals chart and if they select to add data by a team, then it will show the team data. This is the code i have used ..grpQuickLook.RowSource = "SELECT tbl_Metrics_Data_Entry.dt_Date_Entered, Sum(tbl_Metrics_Data_Entry.intVolume) AS Volumes, " & _ "Sum(tbl_Metrics_Data_Entry.intTime) AS Timings FROM tbl_Met...

Security Settings
I am having some issues w/ Security settings in Dynamics. I have some users that we are only giving the ability to enter POs and print them. We have gone through all of the sub-windows, and have verified through users creating POs that they have access to everything in the PO entry. However, when these users are logging in there is a message that says that user does not have access to this window. The error message does not list any windows and the PO entry window is the only set on the startup. The issue that accompanies this is that the system date is not automatically filled in...

How can I set up the random selection of a cell from within a ran.
I want Excel to randomly select one cell from a range of cells, but is it possible? This would be the equivalent of drawing one slip of paper from several hundred. An uncomplicated way to do this is to simply add a column filled with the RAND() function next to your column of choices. Select both columns, and sort on the Rand() column. Pick the one at the top, or bottom, as your random selection. A little more complicated procedure would be to use a formula, referring to this combination of Rand() and your list, and let this formula randomly pick an item. Place your list in an "out o...