Script to audit windows 2003 servers

I am looking for a powershell script which we allow me to audit my physical
servers which are in a specific network.  Is this possible to do.

The information I need for the server is as following:

Model number
-    amount of RAM

-    amount and speed of CPU's

-    local storage

-    amount of nics

-    amount of HBA

-    installed OS

And the subnet the servers are in is 172.16.40.0/21.  Is there a way I can
run one script to get all this information.  It will of course require
remote access to these servers.

Also the servers are all windows 2003 SP2.

Any advise please thanks

0
guv

Hello guv,

> I am looking for a powershell script which we allow me to audit my
> physical servers which are in a specific network.  Is this possible to
> do.
>
> The information I need for the server is as following:
>
> Model number
> -    amount of RAM
> -    amount and speed of CPU's
>
> -    local storage
>
> -    amount of nics
>
> -    amount of HBA
>
> -    installed OS
>
> And the subnet the servers are in is 172.16.40.0/21.  Is there a way I
> can run one script to get all this information.  It will of course
> require remote access to these servers.
>
> Also the servers are all windows 2003 SP2.
>
> Any advise please thanks

Would you be using an account that has Administrator privliges on each server,
or a domain user account?

I wrote a script to give a domain user account permission tr run wmi scripts,
which is posted on my blog (http://wp.me/pItn0-9)

For the rest, this ought to get you started:

$GenItems1 = gwmi Win32_ComputerSystem -Comp $StrComputer
$GenItems2 = gwmi Win32_OperatingSystem -Comp $StrComputer
$ProcItems1 = @(gwmi Win32_Processor -Comp $StrComputer)
$DiskItems = @(gwmi Win32_LogicalDisk -Comp $StrComputer | Where-Object {$_.DriveType
-eq 3})
$NetItems = @(gwmi Win32_NetworkAdapterConfiguration -Comp $StrComputer |
where{$_.IPEnabled -eq "True"} | select @{name='IP Address';expression={$_.IPAddress}},MACAddress)

foreach ($objItem in $GenItems1)
{
$Model = $objItem.Model.Trim()
$Memory = $objItem.TotalPhysicalMemory /1024/1024/1024
$Memory  = "{0:n0}" -f $Memory
$Memory = $Memory +" (GB)"
$NumCPUs = $objItem.NumberOfProcessors
$CPUSpeed = $ProcItems1[0].maxClockSpeed
}
foreach ($objItem in $GenItems2)
{
$installedOS = $objItem.Caption
}
$NumberofNics = $NetItems.length
[STRING]$diskSizeTotal = @()
foreach ($objItem in $DiskItems)
{
$diskSize = $objItem.Size/1024/1024/1024
$diskSize = "{0:n2}" -f $diskSize
$intRowDisk = $intRowDisk + 1
$diskSizeTotal += $objItem.DeviceID + " " + $diskSize + " (GB); "
}
$LocalStorage = $diskSizeTotal

(I don't know about the HBA stuff, someone will chime in) :)

Also, that's cut from my server inventory script, I can post the whole thing
on my blog if you'd like a better example.

Karl
http://unlockpowershell.wordpress.com/

0
Karl
12/8/2009 5:58:14 PM
If you need something more advanced, we offer solution that can 1.) export
any WMI class to XML and 2.) automatically track changes in those XML files
with history (SVN based).

However I think this would be overkill for your scenario (we use it mostly
to offer change tracking for SCCM), it makes more sense to use example from
Karl.

Martin

"Karl Mitschke" <karlmitschke@somestate.gov> wrote in message
> Hello guv,
>
>> I am looking for a powershell script which we allow me to audit my
>> physical servers which are in a specific network.  Is this possible to
>> do.
>>
>> The information I need for the server is as following:
>>
>> Model number
>> -    amount of RAM
>> -    amount and speed of CPU's
>>
>> -    local storage
>>
>> -    amount of nics
>>
>> -    amount of HBA
>>
>> -    installed OS
>>
>> And the subnet the servers are in is 172.16.40.0/21.  Is there a way I
>> can run one script to get all this information.  It will of course
>> require remote access to these servers.
>>
>> Also the servers are all windows 2003 SP2.
>>
>> Any advise please thanks
>>

> Would you be using an account that has Administrator privliges on each
> server, or a domain user account?
>
> I wrote a script to give a domain user account permission tr run wmi
> scripts, which is posted on my blog (http://wp.me/pItn0-9)
>
> For the rest, this ought to get you started:
>

> $GenItems1 = gwmi Win32_ComputerSystem -Comp $StrComputer
> $GenItems2 = gwmi Win32_OperatingSystem -Comp $StrComputer
> $ProcItems1 = @(gwmi Win32_Processor -Comp $StrComputer)
> $DiskItems = @(gwmi Win32_LogicalDisk -Comp $StrComputer | Where-Object
> {$_.DriveType -eq 3})
> $NetItems = @(gwmi Win32_NetworkAdapterConfiguration -Comp $StrComputer |
> where{$_.IPEnabled -eq "True"} | select @{name='IP
> Address';expression={$_.IPAddress}},MACAddress)
>
> foreach ($objItem in $GenItems1)
> { $Model = $objItem.Model.Trim()
> $Memory = $objItem.TotalPhysicalMemory /1024/1024/1024
> $Memory  = "{0:n0}" -f $Memory
> $Memory = $Memory +" (GB)"
> $NumCPUs = $objItem.NumberOfProcessors
> $CPUSpeed = $ProcItems1[0].maxClockSpeed
> }
> foreach ($objItem in $GenItems2)
> {
> $installedOS = $objItem.Caption
> }
> $NumberofNics = $NetItems.length
> [STRING]$diskSizeTotal = @()
> foreach ($objItem in $DiskItems)
> {
> $diskSize = $objItem.Size/1024/1024/1024
> $diskSize = "{0:n2}" -f $diskSize
> $intRowDisk = $intRowDisk + 1
> $diskSizeTotal += $objItem.DeviceID + " " + $diskSize + " (GB); "
> }
> $LocalStorage = $diskSizeTotal
>
> (I don't know about the HBA stuff, someone will chime in) :)
>
> Also, that's cut from my server inventory script, I can post the whole
> thing on my blog if you'd like a better example.
>
> Karl
> http://unlockpowershell.wordpress.com/

0
Martin
12/9/2009 9:37:17 AM
Can you please give us a link to the whole thing, as it give us a better
understanding.

Also can we link this servers on a specific subnet, so that it audits all
those servers in that subnet
"Karl Mitschke" <karlmitschke@somestate.gov> wrote in message
> Hello guv,
>
>> I am looking for a powershell script which we allow me to audit my
>> physical servers which are in a specific network.  Is this possible to
>> do.
>>
>> The information I need for the server is as following:
>>
>> Model number
>> -    amount of RAM
>> -    amount and speed of CPU's
>>
>> -    local storage
>>
>> -    amount of nics
>>
>> -    amount of HBA
>>
>> -    installed OS
>>
>> And the subnet the servers are in is 172.16.40.0/21.  Is there a way I
>> can run one script to get all this information.  It will of course
>> require remote access to these servers.
>>
>> Also the servers are all windows 2003 SP2.
>>
>> Any advise please thanks
>>

> Would you be using an account that has Administrator privliges on each
> server, or a domain user account?
>
> I wrote a script to give a domain user account permission tr run wmi
> scripts, which is posted on my blog (http://wp.me/pItn0-9)
>
> For the rest, this ought to get you started:
>

> $GenItems1 = gwmi Win32_ComputerSystem -Comp $StrComputer
> $GenItems2 = gwmi Win32_OperatingSystem -Comp $StrComputer
> $ProcItems1 = @(gwmi Win32_Processor -Comp $StrComputer)
> $DiskItems = @(gwmi Win32_LogicalDisk -Comp $StrComputer | Where-Object
> {$_.DriveType -eq 3})
> $NetItems = @(gwmi Win32_NetworkAdapterConfiguration -Comp $StrComputer |
> where{$_.IPEnabled -eq "True"} | select @{name='IP
> Address';expression={$_.IPAddress}},MACAddress)
>
> foreach ($objItem in $GenItems1)
> { $Model = $objItem.Model.Trim()
> $Memory = $objItem.TotalPhysicalMemory /1024/1024/1024
> $Memory  = "{0:n0}" -f $Memory
> $Memory = $Memory +" (GB)"
> $NumCPUs = $objItem.NumberOfProcessors
> $CPUSpeed = $ProcItems1[0].maxClockSpeed
> }
> foreach ($objItem in $GenItems2)
> {
> $installedOS = $objItem.Caption
> }
> $NumberofNics = $NetItems.length
> [STRING]$diskSizeTotal = @()
> foreach ($objItem in $DiskItems)
> {
> $diskSize = $objItem.Size/1024/1024/1024
> $diskSize = "{0:n2}" -f $diskSize
> $intRowDisk = $intRowDisk + 1
> $diskSizeTotal += $objItem.DeviceID + " " + $diskSize + " (GB); "
> }
> $LocalStorage = $diskSizeTotal
>
> (I don't know about the HBA stuff, someone will chime in) :)
>
> Also, that's cut from my server inventory script, I can post the whole
> thing on my blog if you'd like a better example.
>
> Karl
> http://unlockpowershell.wordpress.com/

0
guv
12/9/2009 9:41:34 AM
THis is the script I want :

$GenItems1 = gwmi Win32_ComputerSystem -Comp $StrComputer

$GenItems2 = gwmi Win32_OperatingSystem -Comp $StrComputer

$ProcItems1 = @(gwmi Win32_Processor -Comp $StrComputer)

$DiskItems = @(gwmi Win32_LogicalDisk -Comp $StrComputer)

$NetItems = @(gwmi Win32_NetworkAdapterConfiguration -Comp $StrComputer |
where{$_.IPEnabled -eq "True"} | select @{name='IP
Address';expression={$_.IPAddress}}

foreach ($objItem in $GenItems1)
{
$Model = $objItem.Model.Trim()
$Memory = $objItem.TotalPhysicalMemory /1024/1024/1024
$Memory  = "{0:n0}" -f $Memory
$Memory = $Memory +" (GB)"
$NumCPUs = $objItem.NumberOfProcessors
$CPUSpeed = $ProcItems1[0].maxClockSpeed
$CPUSpeedname = $ProcItems1[0].name
$CPUSpeedmanufacturer = $ProcItems1[0].manufacturer
}

foreach ($objItem in $GenItems2)
{
$installedOS = $objItem.Caption
}

$NumberofNics = $NetItems.length

STRING]$diskSizeTotal = @()
foreach ($objItem in $DiskItems)
{
$diskSize = $objItem.Size/1024/1024/1024
$diskSize = "{0:n2}" -f $diskSize
$intRowDisk = $intRowDisk + 1
$diskSizeTotal += $objItem.DeviceID + " " + $diskSize + " (GB); "
}
$LocalStorage = $diskSizeTotal

But my question is how do I collect all these variables and present it in a
table like in excel.  Its the arrays I am concerned about and how I would
represent them.

Thanks
"guv" <guv@> wrote in message news:ewo7WPLeKHA.6096@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> [...]
>> $NumCPUs = $objItem.NumberOfProcessors
>> $CPUSpeed = $ProcItems1[0].maxClockSpeed
>> }
>> foreach ($objItem in $GenItems2)
>> {
>> $installedOS = $objItem.Caption
>> }
>> $NumberofNics = $NetItems.length
>> [STRING]$diskSizeTotal = @()
>> foreach ($objItem in $DiskItems)
>> {
>> $diskSize = $objItem.Size/1024/1024/1024
>> $diskSize = "{0:n2}" -f $diskSize
>> $intRowDisk = $intRowDisk + 1
>> $diskSizeTotal += $objItem.DeviceID + " " + $diskSize + " (GB); "
>> }
>> $LocalStorage = $diskSizeTotal
>>
>> (I don't know about the HBA stuff, someone will chime in) :)
>>
>> Also, that's cut from my server inventory script, I can post the whole
>> thing on my blog if you'd like a better example.

SBS 2003 and Email Not Receiving

Accessing Windows Office Templates
There are some very nice templates at the Windows Office Template Gallery. I would like to download (mostly Word, but a few Excel) some of these templates, but the format comes out with a ".cab" extension that Office v.X doesn't understand. Is there any way to get these templates? Unfortunately, they make the Mac template archive look very weak. TIA Len Hi Len, Microsoft has a Mac template download page: http://www.microsoft.com/mac/resources/templates.aspx?pid=templates There's a link to the on-line gallery on that page. It looks like a newly re-designed gallery to m...

Running Money 2003 in Vista

Here is fix for Windows file problems

Monitor Server in 2003?

Outlook 2003
Just bought new PC. Everything is Microsoft. XP Home - Microsoft Works (came installed) - User like to use MSN for e-mail, Sent Microsoft $300.00 to activate Office that came installed on machine. Word will not allow MSN to be the e-mail client. System crashed and burned after activation of Office. Outlook 2003 seems a little unstable. Why would a new PC with Works, Office Express and Outlook 2003 be shipped? All these programs do the same thing and they don't seem to talk with each other well. On top of this all she wants to do is use Word and send the document through MSN nor...

Access 97 can't resize database window

Access 97/2000/2003 comparisons

SBS 2003 moving of users files

Outlook Mail via a PROXY SERVER?
If I am using a shared Internet service on a second computer using a PROXY server on the host (first) computer. I can access the net using the PROXY settings on the Internet explorer. However, how do I download mail with OUTLOOK 2000? The proxy server is CCPROXY from YoungZSoft (this runs on XP) and it has the MAIL Settings enabled but the difficulty is what to do on the Second computer? Thanks, -- John jrg_REM_SPAM@bigpond.net.au That would be determined by the proxy manufacturer - check with their support. JM7 wrote: > If I am using a shared Internet service on a second computer ...

About Exit and close window.
Group, I have a dialogue base application. There's an Exit button in it. Eachtime when exit the program by clicking Exit button, fun() and OnOK() executed, but if the window is close by clicking (x) on the upper-right coner, fun() will not be executed. How to make this function--fun()--executed when click (x) button on the upper-right coner? Thanks. Rather than calling your fun() from the Exit event handler, call it from the dialog closing event handler, so that no matter how it is shut down, that method is called, and so is fun(). hope that helps. Dan. "sxy7711" <sxy771...

Office installation and Windows 7

Exchange 2003 IMAP and Postini

Outlook 2003

Outlook 2003 rules question again

Creating Exchange 2003 organization

SQL Server Connection Failed
Hi everybody, this is my scenario: 1. Windows Server 2008 2. WSS 3.0 + MOSS 2007 3. SQL Server 2008. i'm having this problem: "Login failed for user 'sa'. Reason: An error occurred while evaluating the password. [CLIENT: 72.55.191.137]". in this momment i can't see any application from sharepoint. somebody knows how can i do? i don't change the sa password. i don't change anything in the sharepoint configuration. since two days ago i'm having this problem. pls, is very urgent, because i have to deliver this server the next monday to the...