Script Signing....

I haven't been keeping up much with powershell lately, I know shame on
me...

But I have now noticed that I have several scripts that I have written
that are stored on our network in a share that are not running. Do I
still have to sign my own stuff? I tried using set-executionpolicy to
unrestricted. but that doesn't appear to want to work....

What specifically do I need to do. The scripts are only using
resources on our network, if I run the scripts interactively (PowerGui
Script editor) they work great....
0
TimParker

I think the key here is to edit the security zones in IE.  I believe this is
one of the last "barriers" to get this working like you want.

I tried to quickly search for a blog post link to give you, but nothing come
up from the PowerShell team blog, so you may want to do a general search for
something like "PowerShell IE security zones".

Marco

"TimParker" <timpar@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I haven't been keeping up much with powershell lately, I know shame on
> me...
>
> But I have now noticed that I have several scripts that I have written
> that are stored on our network in a share that are not running. Do I
> still have to sign my own stuff? I tried using set-executionpolicy to
> unrestricted. but that doesn't appear to want to work....
>
> What specifically do I need to do. The scripts are only using
> resources on our network, if I run the scripts interactively (PowerGui
> Script editor) they work great....

0
Marco
4/8/2010 1:26:12 PM
Thanks Marco. Will do. That gets me going in the right direction.
Appreciate the help.

Tim

On Apr 8, 9:26=A0am, "Marco Shaw [MVP]" <marco.shaw@NO_SPAMgmail.com>
wrote:
> I think the key here is to edit the security zones in IE. =A0I believe th=
is is
> one of the last "barriers" to get this working like you want.
>
> I tried to quickly search for a blog post link to give you, but nothing c=
ome
> up from the PowerShell team blog, so you may want to do a general search =
for
> something like "PowerShell IE security zones".
>
> Marco
>
> "TimParker" <tim...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > I haven't been keeping up much with powershell lately, I know shame on
> > me...
>
> > But I have now noticed that I have several scripts that I have written
> > that are stored on our network in a share that are not running. Do I
> > still have to sign my own stuff? I tried using set-executionpolicy to
> > unrestricted. but that doesn't appear to want to work....
>
> > What specifically do I need to do. The scripts are only using
> > resources on our network, if I run the scripts interactively (PowerGui
> > Script editor) they work great....- Hide quoted text -

TimParker
4/8/2010 1:46:36 PM
Here are two links that have discussion on security zones and PowerShell
executionpolicy.

PowerShell Execution Policy: RemoteSigned
   http://blog.mike-hays.net/powershell-execution-policy-remotesigned/

Chapter 18 of draft of Windows PowerShell Cookbook by Lee Holmes
Security and Script Signing
   http://powershell.labs.oreilly.com/ch18.html

  - Larry

On 4/8/2010 8:26 AM, Marco Shaw [MVP] wrote:
> I think the key here is to edit the security zones in IE.  I believe
> this is one of the last "barriers" to get this working like you want.
>
> I tried to quickly search for a blog post link to give you, but nothing
> come up from the PowerShell team blog, so you may want to do a general
> search for something like "PowerShell IE security zones".
>
> Marco
>
> "TimParker" <timpar@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> I haven't been keeping up much with powershell lately, I know shame on
>> me...
>>
>> But I have now noticed that I have several scripts that I have written
>> that are stored on our network in a share that are not running. Do I
>> still have to sign my own stuff? I tried using set-executionpolicy to
>> unrestricted. but that doesn't appear to want to work....
>>
>> What specifically do I need to do. The scripts are only using
>> resources on our network, if I run the scripts interactively (PowerGui
>> Script editor) they work great....

0
Larry__Weiss

Business Integration script error
I recently upgraded from GP v 9.0 to v10.0. I converted a Business Integration package by cutting and pasting the scripts by hand from the old version over to the new verson. Now when I run the new version, I am getting an error: DOC 15 ERROR: Type mismatch: 'CancelDocument' DOC 15 ERROR: Error Executing Script 'Customer ID' Line 34: Here is the text of the script...I have tried it with a message and without and I get the same error: Dim isZero Dim customerID Dim startIndex Dim sSQL Set myRS = GetVariable("myRecordset") isZero = True customerID = SourceFie...

script execution intercept
Hi all:) i'm going to write ScripCather application. It will be designed to catch script executed by WSH. My app should intercept execution of such script, analyze it, and when script is dangerous warn user and ask him to block it's execution. So, i'm asking you, how to intercept scripts executed by Windows Scripting Host? Should i write some COM object plugin for WSH? Regards, Robert > this dll's VBScript.dll and JScript.dll are COM servers. > and how can know what interfaces they are expose? disagree about jscript.dll being COM servers. using your object viewe...

Scripting For Active X ???
Perhaps someone here can help me with a sign-in problem with the Linksys/Cisco forum. Recently, I have been unable to sign in, as a pop-up box says, "Error: Scripting for ActiveX might be disabled." I don't believe it is disabled and I cannot contact Cisco to find out why I can't sign in to the forum. If you have a suggestion for correcting this problem I would certainly appreciated it. Thanks! "Scotirish" <Scotirish@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A2D1BCD7-7ED5-4562-8AAF-C39D56A979B8@microsoft.com... > Perhaps someone...

Need VB SCript Information
Need VB SCript Information http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/script56/html/vbstutor.asp Help file: VBSCRIP5.CHM On Fri, 2 Jan 2004 13:41:07 -0800, "News" <i_hemamalini@yahoo.com> wrote: >Need VB SCript Information -- John Nurick [Microsoft Access MVP] Please respond in the newgroup and not by email. ...

Creating a conditional formula to increment #s in a test script
Greetings, I have an Excel question. I am creating a test script template for our team and I an in need of some formula help. Here is what I wish to do: Let's say I have a column A in my test script. I wish to label this column with my test script # TC1 TC2 TC3...(and so on) However, the problem is I have section breaks in my test script that divides the document into sections: eg.. <LOGIN SECTION> TC1 TC2 TC3 <LOGOUT SECTION> TC4 TC5 TC6 Now the problem is that if I want to add a new test case to the "Login section" above, I need ...

number sign appearing before hyperlink in enewsletter
When I send my e-newsletter, and,or, publich my e-newsletter to the web, a number sign appears before my "home" navigation link. It appears on every page of my newsletter and only on the "home" link which is the first link in my navigation box. Anyone know why, and better yet, how to stop this from appearing? ...

SBS 2008 removing self Signed SSL Certificate
Hi, I am doing a SBS migration from 2003 -> 2008, and I accidently went through the wizard in the console to add a certificate and added the auto-generated self-signed certificate. I went out to Godaddy and purchased one, and installed it. In the wizard the only certificate that shows up, even though I imported the one from Godaddy is the self signed one. Anyone have any ideal how I remove the self signed one, and get the Godaddy one to show up for use? Thanks, Mike If the certificate is *gone* then it is possible (and I'd argue likely) that the certificate'...

scripts #2
Have migrated 1000 users form an nt domain to AD with 2003 server. Still attaching to the old 5.5 org for email. We will chnage over to anew 2003 exchnage org all at once. Is there a login-script or anything in group policies that will change the server name in Outlook, to point to the new 2003 exchange server? thanks If your using outlook to connct, you can take a look at the office resouce kit. There's a tool called the profile wizard. That might be at your service. Jurgen Voogd MCSE/CNA Systems Engineer <AKG414S@YAHOO.COM> wrote in message news:193af01c41c4e$225fd870$a3...

Macro script error
Hi, A button on worksheet1 (mondays log) is selected by the user and he/she is then asked which job they wish to print - on input that number is searched for in column B of Monday's log and the contents of that row are copied and pasted into row A2 of sheet2 (Formula). The script I have been given below works almost perfectly apart from the following errors. in 'monday's log' row B8 has job number 1, row B9 has job number 23 and the rest of the rows are blank (for the moment) The user inputs job 1 to print outcome is perfect The user inputs job 2 to print and job 23 is ...

GP 10.0 Upgrade-Cannot find SQL scripts described in manual
Hi, The upgrade manual recomends running a SQL script against some PO tables, but I cannot find the scripts at the link provided in the manual. The script is "invalid_records_potables.txt" Thanks, Glen ...

driver test self signing in Windows 7
I am having dificulties with the self signing process in Windows 7. I am following the selfsign.cmd sample in the WDK to test sign my printer driver and can successfully sign for XP but Windows 7 is still asking for permission when installing the driver that is self signed. Is there a known issue with Windows 7 and the self sign tools? I am using the WDK 7600.16385.0 and the tools therein. -- \Manfred you need to enable the "testsigning" on Windows 7 using bcdedit. Otherwise it does not accept any test signatures. Thank you for the answer. I have looked at bc...

Exchange Event Scripts
Hi! We recently upgraded our Exchange Server from version 5.5 to version 2003. Before we did the update we had event scripts installed in several public folders. Those VB scripts reacted to some events e.g. when a new message was created in a folder (Folder_OnMessageCreated). Is that type of script supported by Exchange Server 2003? We want to install the scripts again on the new server but there is no more 'Agents' tab in the properties of a folder (Outlook). What do we have to do in order to have that tab again? Do we have to assign special permissions to an user account as in vers...

SQL User Scripts for Dynamics 9.0
This may not be the right forum for this question but I'm trying create a new server install of SQL2000 and Dynamics 9.0 and need to also migrate the user credentials. I've been pointed to a couple of Customer Source KB articles (KB869829 & KB878449) which have links to download sample scripts. My problem is that when I press those links I never get a prompt to download the scripts. Does anyone have the scripts referenced in those KB articles that can send to me? I.e. Capture_Logins.sql Thanks Click on my profile for my e-mail address and send me a message. I'll b...

cant automatic sign-in
i used hotmail messenger live essential i already check remember me and automatically sign in but once i reboot my pc my user name and passwor is not shown in the box... On Sun, 11 Apr 2010 17:01:24 -0700, jennie <user@msgroups.net/> wrote: >i used hotmail messenger live essential i already check remember me and automatically sign in but once i reboot my pc my user name and passwor is not shown in the box... > >--- >frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.access Please contact hotmail tech support directly. This forum is for questions about the database so...

Script error #3
When attempting to launch Outlook 2003 I receive the following message "An error has occurred in the script on this page Line: 29 Char: Error: Class not registere Code: URL: outlook:toda Do you want to continue running scripts on this page? Yes or No I have no idea what a script is or how to correct this problem. ...

Need help to find a script.
Hi all, I am looking for the script which return column name either has NULL or 1900-01-01. Ex: Insertdt and Typecd should be return. I need to be able to find all the tables. SQL 2008. Any help would greatly appreciate. IF OBJECT_ID('TestTable', 'u') IS NOT NULL DROP TABLE TestTable GO CREATE TABLE TestTable ( LCPI INT NULL, Insertdt DATETIME NULL, TypeCd CHAR(5) NULL ) GO INSERT INTO TestTable VALUES(123079,NULL, NULL) INSERT INTO TestTable VALUES(123098,'1900-01-01', NULL) GO SELECT * FROM TestT...

Dollar sign
Does anybody know how to put the dollar sign on the far left and the number in the far right? Like $ 45. Would appreciate any help. Hi I reckon the Accounting format is about as good as you'll get! -- Andy. "John Bahran" <johnbahran@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:aea82e98.0406250811.291ee3c6@posting.google.com... > Does anybody know how to put the dollar sign on the far left and the > number in the far right? Like $ 45. > Would appreciate any help. Format cells as Accounting , select $ and the # of Decimals you need "John Bahran" <...

Script to parse .txt & move Computer Accounts to different OU
I want to move list of computer accounts listed in .txt file to specifid OU I have refered below script from http://www.eggheadcafe.com/aspnet_answers/scriptingVisualBasicscript/Mar2006/post26430779.asp and specify the OU path and .Txt path but getting an error as Line: 79 Char:1 Error: Expected statement code: 800A0400 Source: Microsoft VBScript compilation error ******Script**** Option Explicit Dim strFile, strTargetOU, objFSO, objFile, objOU Dim objRootDSE, strDNSDomain, objTrans, strNetBIOSDomain Dim strComputer, strComputerDN, objComputer Const...

OL2003: Rules to "run a script"
I am investigating the possibility/feasibility of setting up Outlook via rules so that when certain emails are received, some VBA code (probably in Excel) will process either the text in the body of the email or a file attachment. I've tried setting up a test rule, but when I select "run a script" or "perform a custom action", there are no scripts or custom actions to select. It seems these have to be set up first, but Outlook Help seems to have no information. Can anyone assist? Thanks in advance Paul Martin Melbourne, Australia OK, I can see from Sue Mosher at h...

Project unhaldled script exception
Hi, I am getting an error from many PA windows. The error is as follows "Unhandled script execption , could not find stored procedure PAReturnAccountNumber" Please help Rajesh ...

Replacement of Event Scripts going from 5.5 to 2003
What is the best replacement for 5.5 Event Scripts when moving to Exchange 2k3 ...

Problems with error 80040211 from ASP scripts. Random and confusi
I've had a script setup using CDO to send emails through our Exchange Server for about 2 or 3 months. I include a username/password in my code for auth. and it works great. All of a sudden I've started getting random 80040211 errors back on the ..Send line in my scripts. It's happening often, but there are also quite a few times that it works without any error. Very confusing. I Googled the error and the only information I could find had to do with authentication or the length of the message body being sent. Auth. is good to go so I went ahead and tried one with nothing...

How can I surface function/script parameter aliases to Get-Help?
I am starting to use the new Comment-Based Help feature for functions and scripts, but I do not see a way to surface aliases for parameter names to Get-Help. Example: Script file named Test-Me1: --begin file-- Param( [Alias('osn')] [string]$OptionSetName ) <# ..PARAMETER OptionSetName The name of an entry in the OptionSet XML file. #> --end file-- At a PowerShell prompt, I type: Get-Help -Full ./Test-Me1 Output: NAME C:\Temp\Test-Me1.ps1 SYNOPSIS SYNTAX C:\Temp\Test-Me1.ps1 [[-OptionSetName] <String>] [<CommonParameters...

Sign in trouble
I haven't used my Money program in at least a year. After restoring my backup file I was presented with a sign in box. I use an auto password program and couldn't find the needed Money password. I tried my MS Passport Network password but it didn't work. From "User Accounts" I changed my Passport password. I'm still receiving an error message from the Money sign in page and can't access the restored file. It states something like "The password is not associated with the Money file needed to view the restored files." Or something close to that....

MINUS SIGNS REMOVAL
Greetings. I am using EXCEL 2003, and I am still struggling. I have a column containing numbers, and some of the numbers (after calculations from previous columns) have minus signs in front of them (e.g., 8, 6, -7, 4, -9, 3, -1, etc). I want to remove the minus signs from the numbers, and sort the numbers so that is what they are -- just numbers. How do I do this? Thanks. Select the range edit|Replace what: - (minus) with: (leave blank) replace all If you really want to keep the values as-is, you can use a helper column of cells with formulas like: =abs(a1) and drag down. then...