Retrieve server/client list from LAN

Hi all.

Is there a simple method (script) to read and store the computer list from
LAN, like Explorer does?

0
Marcello

exporting excel data to create new contact list in outlook
I have an excel data file of 300 contacts separated out into first name etc and I want to send an email to each of them now and in the future. How can I do this without reentering all of the data? WhenI send information can I just have the contact group name e.g Conference participants rather than the 300 email addresses in the "to" box. This is what currently happens (not that I want it to) when I send emails using outlook groups. ...

Adding a group into a database in SQL Server 2005 (Building a cube)
All, I?m in the process of setting up cube services for the Project server and as part of the set up, I have to add the group: SQLServer2005MSOLAPUse$<SERVERNAME>$MSSQLSERVER to the Analysis Services Repository (database). I see the group in my Active Directory but I am unable to find the group when selecting to add new Users from within SQL server 2005. The only Object type that I can search for is ?Logins?. Please let me know if you have any suggestions. Thank you all Sincerely, Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Yet Another Service Wrapper: ...

CRM 3 Outlook Client New Record Button
Hi, I have deployed a CRM 3 server and installed the Outlook Client on all of the users machines. In the client there is a button with a drop down to create new records, currently the drop down allows creation of Contacts and Accounts. We would like that button to allow creation of Leads as well, does anyone know how I can edit this button to allow leads to be created from the drop down? I look forward to any responses. Regards David In Outlook, click Options on the CRM menu. On the Workplace tab, check the sales box. That should add leads to the drop down of records to be crea...

Issue importing pick list values using Import Wizard
-- Paul Croubalian VAR Sales - North America PARTpoint Inc ...

Send as dist. list?
Hi, I'm attempting to allow a group of users to send mail out as a distribution group and having some issues. Basically I'm finding that if I give an individual user account full control on the security tab of a dist list that they can't send, but if I add that same user to the domain admins group that they are then able to send as the list. What additional rights could possibly be needed to get this to work without making the user a domain admin (done in test environment obviously). I was under the impression that all the user account needed was 'send as' but t...

drop-down list #2
Is there a way to set up a drop-down list that shows numerous cells, yet only fills in one cell? (ie...I have a list of banks in one column and the account numbers in the next column. I'd like to see both when I pull the list down, but only the account number fill in when selected. Is this possible? -- Thank, Lori I am running Excel 2003 and it looks like drop down lists only show 1 column. could you do the application in Access, where you can show more than one column then use the menu option to export to Excel for further analysis? "Lori" wrote: > Is there a...

custom a list
Hi, In excel, I can type in a date and drag it. It will give me a list of another dates. For example: if I type in 11/1/04 and drag it, I can see 11/1/04 ( monday), 11/2/04, 11/3/04, 11/04/04, 11/5/04, 11/06/04, 11/07/04, 11/8/04 (monday). ----------------- I would like to have a list that will take out 11/06/04 and 11/07/04 because these dades are Sat and Sun. -------- May I use marco to create the list? or use custom lists located on Tools---options. -------------------------- or Can I put a calendar on Excel sheet so users can select a specific date? If you think that I can, Ple...

drop down box or list
how can I create a drop down box or list in a work sheet? I'm using excel 2000 any help appriciated thanks jerie Hi jerie See http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "jerie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0d4201c50104$44453390$a501280a@phx.gbl... > how can I create a drop down box or list in a work sheet? > I'm using excel 2000 > > any help appriciated > > thanks jerie ...

Connecting to two exchange servers
I work for two seperate companies each of whom has an exchange server. I run outlook 2003 and would like to be able to connect to both servers simultaneously. On each server, I have extensive folder trees of old mail. I also maintain seperate calendars and tasks. I cannot consolidate on a single exchange server because of confidentiality issues and the need to have seperate calendars accessible to other users in each of the two companies. I have so far investigated: - POP but this does not give me the folders. - Profiles but I do not appear to be able to run 2 instances of outlook a...

Can't remove Public Folders from Front-End server
Hello, We are running Exchange 2003 SP2 using a front-end/back-end topology. There are two FE servers (FE1 & FE2). My goal is to remove both public folder stores from FE1 & FE2, and leave the a store on the backend cluster. The public folder store has already been removed from FE1, but I can not remove all of the public folder instances from FE2. When I look under FE2 -> Public Folder Store -> Public Folders, that container is empty. However, under FE2 -> Public Folder Store -> Public Folder Instances, there are two replicas that I can not get rid of: Offline Addres...

Display a list of unique values from a column with multiple instances
Hi- I have a list in a column (column A) that has many duplicate values. I am looking to create a list of the unique values from column A into another column (column F). I just want to display the values from col A into col F without deleting any values from col A. From there I am planning on doing a countif based on the value in col F to see how many duplicates I have. I want to do this dynamically because anyone can add a new value in col A but I don't want to have to manually compare unique values in col A against col F to do the counts. Col A contains ID numbers that can be repeat...

New 2k Exchange w/ existing 2k Exchange Server Problem HELP!!!!!!!
I just installed a new 2000 exchange server on my domain and I am having a problem connecting to it. I have an existing 2000 Exchange server called "BOSS" and my new one is called "exchsrvr" they are both online I am moving my mail box over to the new server "exchsrvr" and I just tried to sync my outlook up to the new one by entering the name of the new server "exchsrvr" and then my name and clicking "Check name" and once i click the "check name" button the server name changes back to my old exchange server "BOSS" how...

Find Text in List Box
I've looked hi and lo for code to find text in a List Box using the Find input box in AC 2007. Finding text in the form works ok but finding it in a List Box doesn't seem to work. Can anyone point me to a web site or let me know what code I might need to accomplish this? Thanks, James Hi James, List and combo boxes are objects (controls) that have row and column properties. You need to find or write a routine that visits each column of each row in turn and tests for your search string. It seems to me this is a classic case for using VBA's OOP functionality. Design a class ...

Retrieve Accounts shared by a specific Team ---- GetSharedAccounts(TeamID)
How to Retrieve Accounts shared by a specific Team... I'm afraid there's no (supported) way to do this easily or efficiently. Could you describe your scenario? -- Jay Grewal Microsoft Dynamics CRM This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights. "Ayaz Ahmad" <ahmad.ayaz@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1142024481.482840.325160@v46g2000cwv.googlegroups.com... > How to Retrieve Accounts shared by a specific Team... > Well.... I need to develope a functions using CRM 3.0 API to retrive all accounts shared by a specific t...

syncing mail stores between 2 Exchange 2007 servers?
We have a main location with an AD/file server running Windows Server 2003 R2 32-bit. We also have an Exchange server here running Windows Server 2003 R2 64-bit and Exchange 2007 Standard SP2. We have a second location with a backup AD/file server running Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit. We also have an Exchange server running Windows Server 2008 64-bit and Exchange 2007 Standard SP2. The purpose of this second location is strictly to serve as a backup - if a disaster occurs, the plan would be to restore our file shares and Exchange database to these servers at our second loc...

OL keeps trying to use old mail server for address lookups.
We have recently upgraded to Exchange2003 from Exchang5.5. Actually, upgrade is the wrong word. We installed a new Exchange2003 server and turned off the old Exchange5.5 server. I have set OutlookXP to use the new mail server (which has a new name on the network) and it is working fine for sending and receiving mail. But, if you enter a name rather than an email address in the To: section, outlook trys to lookup the name in the old mail server (called MAILSVR) instead of the new mail server (called MAIL). After it times out looking for the old mail server, it than looks up the ...

I dont want to erase my messages on the server
I want to keep a copy of all my messages on the server and when I delete them from my windows mail it dissapears from my gmail account, how can I change that? Tools | Accounts | Mail | Properties | Advanced - Check: Leave a copy of messages on the server. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "AlexMV" <AlexMV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F6FDC7EA-F8A7-4819-8E38-F924A2B3F78D@microsoft.com... >I want to keep a copy of all my messages on the server and when I delete >them > from my windows ma...

Creating a fixture list
I have used a macro to gererate fixtures for a league but it doesn't calculate properly. All teams should play each other once, (ie 10 teams - 90 matches). I have used the following macro. Thanks for your help in advance. Sub leagueMatch() Dim i, j As Long Dim datacolumn As String Dim resultColumn As String Dim firstRow, lastRow, currRow As Long datacolumn = "A" resultColumn = "C" firstRow = 1 currRow = 1 lastRow = Range(datacolumn & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row For i = firstRow To lastRow - 1 For j = i + 1 To lastRow Range(resultColu...

My outgoing emails are listed as SPAM
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop This started a couple of days ago. I use Entourage for my business emails and whenever I send an email it's marked as spam. I don't have the same problem when I send emails from my online control panel or when I send my home emails using Mail so it looks like it's an Entourage issue. Can anyone help? In article <59bb2db2.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0>, <Janecomm@officeformac.com> wrote: > This started a couple of days ago. I use Entourage for my business emails and &g...

Removing second (test) exchange 2003 server
I have two exchange 2003 servers. One officially for production (1st server) and another which I recently added for testing purposes only. Both Exchange servers are in the same administrative group. The only thing I did with the test server was moving mailboxes back and forth from the production server to resolve a performance issue. Now that I've finished testing, I want to remove the test server from my exchange environment. I've read kbs 822931, 833396, 320202. As far as I know I didn't change any roles, so is it safe to say that I can remove my test exchange server? If...

Access migration to SQL Server
Hello, We maintain a VB6 front-end application using an Access 2000 database. All code and forms are in VB6. The program also uses several queries/reports defined in Access. For corporate reasons we must move to SQL Server right away. Based on our configuration, we're hoping someone can give us a feel for what's involved here. Since we're only using Access for the data we're not sure what an "upsizing" would entail. Can someone point us in the right direction, tell us the main gotchas, etc. Thanks a lot. Teri Welch Hi If you are going to remove access completely...

CRM Mobile from a web client
We have a client that wants remote and mobile users to have a handheld device with Microsoft CRM Mobile instead of installing the Sales for Outlook client. They want their salespeople to access the CRM over the web and sync only their handheld device. Does the CRM Mobile require the Sales for Outlook client to be installed on the connected laptop or will the handheld device connect directly to the server from the cradle through a VPN connection? It will work with a laptop without Sales for Outlook. There are no CRM requirements on the laptop. "brett" wrote: > We have a...

Suggestion: Run HQ Server/Client apps as Windows Services
For the next version of RMS, allow the HQ Server and HQ Client apps to install and run as Windows Services. They would then run whether anyone was logged in to the computer or not, and could be auto restarted should they halt. thanks, randy ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree"...

restriict number of users in a group distribution list
hello the number rof users allowed in my distribution group at present is 500, i need to change it back to status quo . What can i please do ...

Same name for Windows Server and DNS
Hello everyone! I have a question... Is there any problem to give the DNS the same name as the Computer name of the Server? (I have a Small Business Server 2003 installed) Thanks a lot! ...