Invalid performance counter path

Hi there, I have some problems when measuring performance of w3wp
process.

I use something like
while(condition) {
 Get-Counter -computer c 'asp.net\request wait time',.....,`
'.NET CLR Memory(w3wp)\# Total reserved Bytes',
'.NET CLR Memory(w3wp)\# Bytes in all Heaps',
'.NET CLR Memory(w3wp)\% Time in GC',
'.NET CLR Memory(w3wp)\# Induced GC',
'.NET CLR Memory(w3wp)\Allocated Bytes/sec',
'.NET CLR Memory(w3wp)\Finalization Survivors',
'.NET CLR Memory(w3wp)\Large Object Heap size',
'.NET CLR Memory(w3wp)\Gen 2 heap size',
'.NET CLR Memory(w3wp)\Gen 1 heap size',
'.NET CLR Memory(w3wp)\Gen 0 heap size',
'.NET CLR Memory(w3wp)\Promoted Finalization-Memory from Gen 0',
'.NET CLR Memory(w3wp)\Promoted Memory from Gen 1',
'.NET CLR Memory(w3wp)\Promoted Memory from Gen 0',
'.NET CLR Memory(w3wp)\# Gen 2 Collections',
'.NET CLR Memory(w3wp)\# Gen 1 Collections',
'.NET CLR Memory(w3wp)\# Gen 0 Collections'
}
I get several samples and then errors is returned

Get-Counter : The \\c\.NET CLR Memory(w3wp)\# Gen 0 Collections
performance counter path  is not valid.
At line:1 char:32
+ while($true) { $c = Get-Counter <<<<  -ComputerName c (c:
\....unters_en_meas
ured.ps1 _lm_w3svc_1_root_vc); sleep -sec 5 }
    + CategoryInfo          : InvalidResult: (:) [Get-Counter],
Exception
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId :
CounterPathIsInvalid,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.GetCounterCommand

There is one error for each counter related to .NET memory. Any ideas?

One bonus question - assume counters for some process work ok (e.g. I
measure processor activity). Then I close the process so some errors
are raised (it's ok). Then I start the process again, but I'm not able
to run the counters again, because it is somehow cached that the
process doesn't exist (I get something like path is invalid again).
How can I presuade PowerShell that the counters are valid now?
0
stej

Invalid Address specified to RtlSizeHeap
Hi, When I debug and am exiting the app, I got the following message in the output window: HEAP[MyApp.exe]: Invalid Address specified to RtlSizeHeap( 130000, 157560 ) HEAP[MyApp.exe]: Invalid Address specified to RtlFreeHeap( 130000, 157560 ) The thread 0x1178 has exited with code 0 (0x0). The thread 0x11AC has exited with code 0 (0x0). and also receive a message box saying that User Breakpoint called from code at .... I have known that this could happen if you try and delete the same object twice, but is there any way to get some information from that message to help in debugging? Your h...

crmsecurityserv running wild, affecting performance
This week, one of my clients is experiencing very poor performance with their production CRM. The CRM Security service (at least, a process with the name 'crmsecurityserv') is consistently gobbling up 25% of the CPU. I suspect that this is the cause of the slowness. This client is getting ready to integrate two acquired companies into their CRM system, and has started to add business units (and has reshuffled the parent/child relationships of some of the BU's). I believe that this is why that crmsecurityserv process is running; trying to update the securitydescriptor with all o...

Multiple Sub, Sub-Reports
Access2003 running local on Dual core XP Pro SP2. Medium size Access DB. Report consists of multiple queries and subQueries, and 4 subReports, one of which contains 10 more subReports. I can run the Queries all instantly, but when running the report, or even the one subReports with 10 subReports, this takes progressive longer and the status bar message say "Formatting Report........." Final report on 467 pages can take 25 minutes just to preview, and another 30 minutes to print. Is there anything I can do to improve the formatting process of reports like this?? Thanks so ...

Invalidating CFormView will not repaing Grid
Hello, I have a MFC SDI CFormView application that has a TabControl on it. In the tabcontrol there is Mr. Chris Maunders MFC Grid. When I do Invalidate(); the grid will not repaint and goes blank(white). All other controls on the View repaints OK. Any suggestions where I should start looking? // Anders -- English is not my first, or second, language so anything strange, or insulting, is due to the translation. Please correct me so I may improve my English! Is the Grid a child of the CFormView or a child of the TabCtrl? Run your application. Make sure that your application will not be ...

OWA Calendar
I have one OWA user who is unable to add appointments to their calendar. It works fine in the full-blown Outlook 2003 client, but not in OWA. We are using Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 Server. The error message I receive is: "The action can't be performed" I have already combed through all of the newsgroups and Google and have checked the registry settings for the Free/busy Publish registry key and made sure it has the correct string. I have also exported the user's mailbox into a PST, deleted the user's account and mailbox and recreated...still no change. Won...

Invalid page fault #3
OUTLOOK caused an invalid page fault in module FLDPUB.DLL at 017f:3f9994f4 This is for Outlook 2000 http://support.microsoft.com?scid=kb;EN-US;Q266732 "sms" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:017301c3ce33$f904a130$a101280a@phx.gbl... > OUTLOOK caused an invalid page fault in > module FLDPUB.DLL at 017f:3f9994f4 > ...

Windows CE SD Card driver : IsValidFileInfo : Invalid File Info
Hi All, I am getting debug error as FATFS : IsValidFileInfo : Invalid File Info when i connect target and PB through file viewer,and copy the file to SD Card folder. It tells to search path for Volume.cpp file. c:\ymzki\private\winceos\coreos\fsd\exfat But i coundnt find it. Why It is invalid file info.What is the problem? Any file format or some.I am not getting any idea. And first time its work without any problem.When i try to load image again and try to copy files in sd card. And one more issue is the previous files which i copied get deleted or someting i cant see them in se...

Full path name in footer
I'm using 2000 which doesn't seem to have the option of putting the full path name in the footer. Someone gave me the code Sub PathInFooter() ActiveSheet.PageSetup.RightFooter = ActiveWorkbook.FullName End Sub which gives me the full path name but doesn't give me the sheet name. Should FullName give me the sheet name also or do I need to add something. The name is really long. Thanks. Michael Substitute: ActiveSheet.PageSetup.RightFooter = ActiveWorkbook.FullName & _ " " & ActiveSheet.Name "Michael" <mlkpied@aol.com> wrote in message n...

"Could not find a part of the path" error message
Hi, I am trying to load XML files from a mapped drive into my web application and I get the above error. When I load the files from my local drives, it works fine. Can anyone help? Thanks. ********************************************************************** Sent via Fuzzy Software @ http://www.fuzzysoftware.com/ Comprehensive, categorised, searchable collection of links to ASP & ASP.NET resources... ...

Waitstats Performance on sql 2005
If one was to track wait times for span of an hour, what should be an acceptable wait percentage based on total waits for the following resources: ASYNC_NETWORK_IO CXPACKET SLEEP_BPOOL_FLUSH WRITELOG PAGEIOLATCH_EX PAGEIOLATCH_SH Thanks in advance There is to my knowledge no 'ratios' given as best practices between the listed wait types. It has been my experience (which is VERY deep on this topic) that it is almost always completely obvious which one(s) of the waits is really the problem indicator. I assume you ...

flash mdd performance issue(i find rootcause but cant reslove)
Dear all, I have aleardy porting new flash mdd & pdd arch into my bsp code for support MLC NAND flash reason, but I meet a performance issue. In fal/fmd arch read performance is 9M/s ,but in new arch ,read performance is about 8m/s. (detail information see my previous post) and i do some profiling test. and i find the difference is : for example: i test read a 1M file ,which buffer is 32k(readfile api used the buffer) , and i closed diskcache, and use nobuffering argument(createfile) too. and then read , old arch is: Hits Perc...

SP in Typed Dataset Timeout vs Management Studio Good Performance
I've never run into this before and have burned two days trying to figure it out. I have a relatively performant store procedure that runs in less than a second when called from Management Studio but when run from a typed dataset in an asp.net page it sits for 30 seconds and then throws a SQL timeout exception. An SQL trace of the both look exactly the same -- even when I through every option SQL Profiler has to offer. I am using the same account in both instances and as best I can tell the connection properties are set the same. There are numerous writes to the tables th...

Slow Outlook Laptop Client Performance Issues
Can anyone point me to any good information sources on the Syncronization processes that occur between Outlook and CRM? I have very poor performance on Outlook (high CPU usage making it almost unusable) with CRM installed and the problem goes away when I remove CRM. I have read KB916566 which outlines partially what occurs, but have also removed numerous emails to get it down to what the recommended level is with very little improvement. The auto-tagging feature is apparently what the article blames for this problem, but reducing the amount of emails did not solve the problem after i...

computing a counter/counting column?
The following table (query) lists individuals once, twice, three times, or more. I need to compute/derive the count (the progressive count - incremented by one for each person) of each entry for each person -- the count to be displayed in the computed/derived column which I will call "Attempt". Fred is listed once. The query should list a 1 in the Attempt column. Jane is listed 3 times. The query should list Jane's first entry wtih 1 in the Attempt column, the 2nd entry for Jane will have a 2, the 3rd entry for Jane will have a 3. Bill is listed twice. The qu...

Invalid Product Key
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I purchased Office for Mac 2008 when it was first released and have been using it just fine ever since. Not long ago, I was having trouble with my computer reading CD's so the guy at the genius bar reinstalled the OS for me. I reloaded my backup so my machine was just like it was before I left. Everything was fine. Then, I updated my Office through their updating system, and ever since, every time I try to get into any office program, I am told that my product key is not valid. The problem is that I no longe...

Invalid Argument Access 2003
I get an invalid argument when I open my database. The database is the front end for a split database. I was working with some large imports. The file has swelled to over 2 GB. It should be around 50MB. I have tried to repair the DB from inside access and using the command prompt. I get a corruption error telling me to back up the DB and repair/compact. I have tried to rebuild the DB by importing to a blank DB. However, I get the invalid argument and corruption errors. When I double click on a module, Access tells me it doesn't exist. I have 40K lines of code and lots of forms and...

Performance by Investment Type or Account is WRONG for the RETURN
I have sent this to the MS Money people several times and NOTHING has been FIXED. Good to see I am not alone. ============== Dear Microsoft Support People, I have found an easy way to explain the problem with the Investment Reports in Microsoft Money 2006 Premium. Okay, go to the Microsoft Money SAMPLE Money file and open it up. Now, go to the reports and pick either: Performance by Investment Type Performance by Investment Account Go to “Customize” and take out the beginning date (or show all to date). Click on “Show Calculation Details” Now, view the report….. The very first stock...

How to fix performance degrades after DETACH -- del log -- ATTACH?
Greetings all, My database is running on MSSQL 2005 under Windows Server 2003. The MDF was 350 MB and the LDF was about 3Gig. So I detach the database, delete the log file, and re-attach the database. The LDF is now less than 4 MB. My application works well after the re-attachment, but the performance goes down substantially. The process which usually runs in 5-8 seconds seconds, now took almost 20 seconds to finish. I tried to restart the SQL Server. Even restart the server itself with no luck. I tried to change the Auto growth from 10% to 10Meg - still with the same disap...

GP7 - Mfg - MO Receipt Entry
I would appreciate any suggestions or feedback regarding posting finished goods in the MO Receipt Entry window (Manufacturing modules). We are running GP release 7 on SQL 2000 and find this process painfully slow - between 30 seconds and 120 seconds per receipt (averaging 100 rcpts a day, a very simple operation becomes a full time job). We are playing with some posting setups to see if there is an improvement in performance, but I am curious to know if anyone else out there has experienced this or has any suggestions. Thx in advance, Maria. Maria, What build of GP7 are you on? Go...

default paths
Help, when i open any excel file it will not open. the excel application opens, but then i am forced to search for the file again to open it. under tools, options, general it looks like i can put in paths to look for the file automatically, any thing i put in there does not work... thanks,,,,,,,, bryan im working on xp... thanks >-----Original Message----- >Help, when i open any excel file it will not open. the >excel application opens, but then i am forced to search >for the file again to open it. under tools, options, >general it looks like i can put in paths to...

Performing Division
I have a 1000 cells with values in them. I want to divide each of thes cells by 100. I want to do it all at once of course, not one at a time How can I do this? Your help is greatly appreciated -- JohnnyCa ----------------------------------------------------------------------- JohnnyCat's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1658 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=31446 put 1000 in a cell>copy>edit>paste special>divide -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "JohnnyCat" <JohnnyCa...

Determining if path name exist
How do I find out if a Path Name exist. I have a CString that contain a Path Name (no file name associated with this path name). All I want to do is determine if this path name exist and if it doesn't, prompt the user that the path name does not exist and if the path name should be created. Thanks John On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 09:17:10 -0800, John <jvasquez@spam.getntds.com> wrote: >How do I find out if a Path Name exist. > >I have a CString that contain a Path Name (no file name associated >with this path name). All I want to do is determine if this path name >exist...

Workbooks.Open with a network path
Hello I'm trying to do a Set SrcWrkBook = Workbooks.Open(\\networkdrive\ folder one\ folder two\filename.XLS, True, True) I assume the white spaces and perhaps the \\ are giving me issues. How do I get around this? That first argument (your path and filename) needs to be a String value, so it needs quote marks around it. Also, I'd be willing to bet that there are no leading spaces in front of your folder names. My guess is your line should look like this (note, this line is long, so I expect it will word wrap at a required blank space)... Set SrcWrkBook ...

Stack Fault in MSPST32.DLL, Invalid Page Fault
When attempting to scroll the address list while composing an email, using the "TO" button to address it, at seemingly random points in my Contacts list, an error is returned : Outlook has caused a stack fault in MSPST32.DLL Or at times: Invalid page fault in kernel32.dll I have tried updaing Win98 and Office2K, the KB article 218853 (doing every suggestion), and searched the KB for other options. Ideas anyone? Thanks in advancce! Steve ...

Counter for macro
Dear Experts: below macro copies all parantheses at the end of the current document. To spruce this very handy macro up, I would like a counter integrated, that tells me via a MsgBox ... .... how many parenthetical expressions have been copied or in the case none were found .... no parentheses found in current document Help is much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance. Regards, Andreas Sub CopyParentheticalExpressions() Dim str As String str = "" ActiveWindow.View.ShowFieldCodes = True Selection.HomeKey wdStory Selection.Find.ClearFormatting With ...