Updating to .NET Framework 3.5 sp1...HELP!!!

I've been trying to get this update installed for MONTHS, but 'no joy'!  The
'boot-strapped' version (52MB at the time) is what I'd prefer, since the
'full package' is a bit over 300MB, and even the 52MB fails to install before
shutting down and re-starting (every 5 minutes).  The "dial-up" connection
doesn't help in the LEAST, obviously, so I'm wondering if there's another
method/"location" to get it done.
HELP!...I'm about to pull what remaining hair I've GOT out by the roots!
windows.mediacenter 289 articles. 0 followers. Follow

=?Utf-8?B?TTQyYXA=?= <M42ap@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

> I've been trying to get this update installed for MONTHS, but 'no
> joy'!  The 'boot-strapped' version (52MB at the time) is what I'd
> prefer, since the 'full package' is a bit over 300MB, and even the
> 52MB fails to install before shutting down and re-starting (every 5
> minutes).  The "dial-up" connection doesn't help in the LEAST,
> obviously, so I'm wondering if there's another method/"location" to
> get it done. HELP!...I'm about to pull what remaining hair I've GOT
> out by the roots!

I did not say in the other post, that you might try a Downloader Manager
software since you are on dial-up.

Downloader software will re-start the download where it was interrupted.

They are several available. Search Google for downloader software free.

Here is one:
http://download.cnet.com/Star-Downloader-Free/3000-12512_4-10346402.html

It is small, only 2.34 MB.

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com

outlook 2000 rule will not forward in Exchange 5.5
I am using the above configuration in my organization. I have a user that needs for a rule to forward a message to an outside address via Internet Mail Service. The rule does not work, however, in the past, it has. One thing to note. I have enabled the forwarding of email to the internet. I thought that would fix the problem, as Microsoft Exchange 5.5 defaults to disable this function, only to find out the problem still exists. Is anyone familiar with a fix? ...

Copy Paste Chart format in Excel 2003 using VB.NET
I have a template file in Excel which contains some sample charts. I need to generate some charts which has the same format as that of sample charts. I'm using VB.NET 2005. What we encourage people to do when using VBA is to run the Excel chart recorder while performing the action they want to do in VBA, then fix up the inefficient VBA recorded code and incorporate it into their project. You can do the same thing, although there may be an additional step where you translate or at least reference the VBA code so it works as VB.Net code. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP...

Help! Event 7034 has me concerned.
Every day or so the exchange 2003 server is logging the following messages in the system event log. The services appear to be terminating, and then restarting themselves automatically. Any help would be appreciated. It has me a bit concerned. Thanks. The Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 19 time(s). The Microsoft Exchange Routing Engine service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 19 time(s). The Microsoft Exchange POP3 service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 19 time(s). The Microsoft Exchange IMAP4 service term...

need to create new recipient policy, please help
my exchange 2003 site handles mail for 2 domains (domain1.com and domain2.com). the default recipient policy has been modified to also generate addresses for domain2.com. the problem is that i dont want this happening automatically for new users, nor do i want every user to have a domain2.com address. i was told to acheive this i should NOT add the domain2.com address generation to the default recipient policy, but instead to create a second recipient policy. i just want to understand exactly what to do. when i create a new policy, the email addresses tab for the new policy is identical to the...

budget gross vs net
All, maybe I'm missing something, but why does my gross salary show up in my budget. Off course I wish I had this amount of money available monthly but I think none of us has ... :-( many thanks in advance for helping a newbie ... BTW: in 'Bills & Deposits' the correct amount is displayed <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:021301c48e0d$af2038a0$3501280a@phx.gbl... > All, > > maybe I'm missing something, but why does my gross salary > show up in my budget. Off course I wish I had this amount > of money available monthly b...

merging cells #3
Hi, I got an Excel file from a friend where I combined two columns, area code and phone number. Everything works in Excel, except that the rows and column lines are grey and not black. Outlook does not see the new column. What could be the problem? Thanks AJS Solved it. "AJS" <newsgroup@sorga.com> wrote in message news:%232OPgj%23dJHA.4900@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... | Hi, | I got an Excel file from a friend where I combined two columns, area code | and phone number. | Everything works in Excel, except that the rows and column lines are | grey and not black. | Outlook does n...

wanted help on exchange backup
can someone please help on how to take exchange incremental backup using default windows ntbackup program. the normal backup works fine, but while taking an incremental backup it does not give me any option to select the full backup and while i try to take the incremental backup it says no full backup found. Regards, Haider Are you already really sure you want to perform incremental backups? The following are the four different types of online backups: Full backup. Covers the entire information store. It saves databases as well as transaction log entries that have not yet been committ...

Outlook express has decided that it now only spell checks in French
Hi, this is my first post. How the heck do I fix my spell checker in outlook express. It now only has French as a language choice and proceeds to try and correct properly spelled English words. I tried going into the tools>> options>> spelling tab, and when I do the only language choice is now French. Who knows how to fix this? It was working just fine until 2 or 3 days days ago <minoan_one@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:90c1b3e3-e22c-4b9c-9328-c508c97611cc@x1g2000prh.googlegroups.com... > Hi, this is my first post. > > How the heck do I fix my spell chec...

Update GUI in worker thread?
HI, My question is common&old in this forum. But I still get confused. "In MFC, Can I update GUI in a worker thread?" I cite some previous answers in this forum ********************************************************************* someone says "NO" "all the GUI related code, should be in the main thread." said by Ajay in Apr 3 2007. "The worker thread cannot directly access a window created in the main thread. When you attempt to do that, in many cases MFC will assert because it is an unsafe operation, not supported by MFC. ....... You should perform ...

PST Has Reached It's Maximum Size!!!
My Windows XP Pro SP3 laptop has Microsoft Office XP SP3. This morning when attempting to download my email, Outlook 2002 shocked me with a message "outlook4.pst has reached it's maximum size". My PST file has reached 1.9G. A search has only shown me fixes for Outlook 2003 and Outlook 2007. PLEASE, can anyone tell me if there is a fix or a tweak that will let Outlook 2002 SP3 grow the size of my PST file??? I am shut down until this is fixed! "Toni" <Toni@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:#E$hIxdyKHA.3304@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > My W...

Custom Help
Is there a trick to setting up a custom help function? I have a spreadsheet templates to which I have instructions / comments for cell headings (rows& Columns). Is there a way to setup so that when a user presses F1 or some other user defined F4 key that the instructions will popup. My instructions are in a word file, and my logic was some sort of "search" on the cell contents or define when F4 is pressed that it goes to a specific bookmark in the word document. MJH, not what you want but see if this might work for you http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/tips/tip51.htm -- Pa...

File IO #3
I normally have been opening files and reading them using the following code: //----------------------------------------------------------- int i; unsigned char bytes[3000], tdat[50]; FILE *in; CString fname="test.dat"; in = fopen(fname, "rb"); fread(bytes, 2500, 1, in); // read the full file fclose(in); for(i=0; i<30; i++){ tdat[i] = bytes[i+70]; // extract some data from within bytes } //----------------------------------------------------------- I have heard that the use of fopen & fread are frowned upon, not sure why. How do I use "correc...

Need Help with Receiving
We have run into a problem with Great Plains. We create a PO with one item on it cause that is the item number of our vendor. The vendor then ships that item as two seperate shipments cause then come from 2 warehouses. The problem is they send us the invoice with the shippment. Question #1: Is there any way to recieve multiple items as one item in GP. We used to be able to do this in Quickbooks. The second issue, The vendor then bills our charge card for our order, they bill us as the two seperate invoices not the one we submitted. So we some how have to recieve this one item as tw...

Help with Gmail
I have tried to connect my gmail account to Outlook 2002. When i click the "test account settings" button, an error shows up that tells me "Sent test email message: Unable to sent test Message. Please verify the email address field." I am positive that the email address is typed in correctly, so whhy the error?! Thank in advance. Hello Laura You could try the autoconfiguration tool for Gmail. You can find it here http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=13276&query=outlook%202002&topic=&type=f&ctx=search CreloX << The most exciting...

Need help with TabControl background color
Hello. I have a tabcontrol on a dialog. I have changed the backcolor of the tabcontrol and all the tabs. My only problem is that I have a portion of the control above the tabs and to the left of the tabs marked with ##### on the diagram below that is still the same grey color. I have tried to get the height of the tabs and adding that to the tabcontrol rect on erasebkgrnd but that is not working. Any ideas???? +--------------------------------------------------------------+ | TAB A \ TAB B \ TAB C \ #################################| +-----------------------------------------------------...

urgent help for a newbie
I need help with excel. I have a product list in excel where products are are Identified with a four digit code. E.G. Code Product Desc Net VAT Total 2354 Bleach General Cleaner £10 £1.75 £11.75 Lets call this the master list, it has 400 entries. I want to be able to produce customer quotes on subsequent worksheets within the workbook. I would like lines to 'autocomplete' after entering the product code alone. I do not know how to link new sheets to the master sheet wi...

Urgent Help required on printing option
Dear reader, I required your help on print option. Actualy I want to print it to Adobe PDF on contineous bases so that it will not ask for save as option and select the next number for print 1 1.pdf for print 2 2.pdf for print 3 3.pdf for print 4 4.pdf and like that , now I have to manualy insert the next number. I set Adobe printer as default Actualy I write a macro Range("F29").Select ActiveSheet.PivotTables("pivot").PivotFields("Area").CurrentPage = "(All)" Selection.Sort Key1:="R29C6", Order1:=xlDescending, Type:=xlSortValues, ...

Access 2007 Help Files
I recently upgraded to Access 2007. I tried using HELP to search on a specific statement and was unable to locate anything useful. Almost everything I tried stated "No Information Available". What I really need is the VBA Language Reference for 2007. Can anyone offer any suggestions? Jack Cannon I've had the same difficulty. I use 2 sources, first Access 97 help, which has an excellent, albeit for Access 2007 incomplete help file. And the second source is Access 2007 VBA Programmer's Reference by Access MVPs Teresa Hennig, Armen Stein, et. al.: http://...

Updating data in Synchronized report
I have a mainform (for Stock Rooms) and subform (for stocks) in use and have a problem when adding new stock records to the subform, they dont show in the stock room report when opened. A macro is attached to button to open a synchronized report based on the store room in the mainform. When checked. the record has been added to the underlying table and is also present and correct when I reopen the form however the report still fails to show the new record, even when database is closed and restarted. Any pointers on dealing with this problem please. Hector, CHeck the...

help with count
I have data in cells when i highlight those cells it shows count 20 or count 30 but i want it to show the total value of those cells. Eg column d1 has 500 d2 1000 d3 200 it should show med 1700 and not count 3 Please help -- Nisha P Right click in the status bar and select Sum. -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "nishkrish" <nishkrish@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1DAB844E-B499-41AC-8472-AD4879883682@microsoft.com... > > I have data in cells when i highlight those cells it shows count 20 or > count > 30 but i want it to show the tota...

Win CE 5.0 desktop
We're running Win CE 5.0 on MIPS II CPU board. Issue:- Our customer wants to have battery status indicator icon on top corner of the LCD just like a mobile phone/Win Mobile(either as application or somewhere on desktop). But the target is not a Win Mobile device. It is a home remote control Our BSP for Win CE 5.0 is a generic one. We have battery driver that can read battery voltage status using our ADC pin. Is there any shortcut to get this done ?. Is this related to OS design template ?. I've seen battery and other status indicator on Win Mobile desktop on the to...

CRM 3.0 Activities Error
Jut recently ungraded to CRM 3.0 from CRM 1.2 and in the Outlook client, now when creating a new task in a contact, then try and Save and Complete (not saved first) get a server error: Microsoft CRM Unhandled Error Details: Server Error in '/' Application Server was unable to process request. Exception Details: System.web.services.protocols.soapException: Server was unable to process Request. Then a whole bunch of code. We just went live on Monday and now getting all these problems - so the staff are not really very happy. This is the 2nd of 4 - so far that have gotten this ...

help
hey all, thanks for the help last week.. it was great! the formula worked great but now i'd like to tweak it.. basically i paste data in A2:C5000 and have dates D1:BL1 then these 2 formulas: =-(SUMPRODUCT((DATE(YEAR($C$2:$C$5000),MONTH($C$2:$C$5000),DAY(D$1))=DATE(YEAR(D$1),MONTH(D$1),DAY(D$1)))*$B$2:$B$5000)) =IF(D2=0,"0",(SUMPRODUCT((DATE(YEAR($C$2:$C$5000),MONTH($C$2:$C$5000),DAY(D$1))=DATE(YEAR(D$1),MONTH(D$1),DAY(D$1)))*$B$2:$B$5000*$A$2:$A$5000)/SUMPRODUCT((DATE(YEAR($C$2:$C$5000),MONTH($C$2:$C$5000),DAY(D$1))=DATE(YEAR(D$1),MONTH(D$1),DAY(D$1)))*$B$2:$B$5000))/100)...

global address book help
How can I get permission to edit the entries in the global address book? The guy that used to do it here quit, and nobody knows what to do! Can anyone help? Alesha, "Editing" of the GAL is done via Active Directory Users and Computers by adding/deleting the objects listed. Can you provide more details on what you want to edit in the GAL? Thanks, -- Greg Mansius [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "Alesha" <alesha.riggle@iogcc.state.ok.us> wrote in message news:2b1e01c3fcb2$d2f1dc30$a001280a@phx.gbl... ...