Switching between multiple open windows

I ran across an option to change how to switch between multiple open windows
on my desktop.  It was an option to choose between hovering over a window or
clicking on it.  Thinking that only having to hover over a window to switch
to it would save time, I selecting the option to hover... big mistake as it
just became a big pain in the a_ _ for me.  Now I would like to change back
to one-clicking to change between viewed windows but can't remember or find
where the option is located.  Any help will be appreciated.
--
rushl
windows.mediacenter 289 articles. 0 followers. Follow

On 2/03/10, rushl posted:
> I ran across an option to change how to switch between multiple open windows
> on my desktop.  It was an option to choose between hovering over a window or
> clicking on it.  Thinking that only having to hover over a window to switch
> to it would save time, I selecting the option to hover... big mistake as it
> just became a big pain in the a_ _ for me.  Now I would like to change back
> to one-clicking to change between viewed windows but can't remember or find
> where the option is located.  Any help will be appreciated.

Hardly a Media Center issue...

Try looking at the "Ease of Access Center" in Control Panel, then go to
"Make your mouse easier to use". Find "Activate a window by
hovering..." and uncheck it.

--
Gene Bloch 650.366.4267 lettersatblochg.com

0
Gene
2/4/2010 2:27:36 AM
=?Utf-8?B?cnVzaGw=?= <rushl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

> I ran across an option to change how to switch between multiple open
> windows on my desktop.  It was an option to choose between hovering
> over a window or clicking on it.  Thinking that only having to hover
> over a window to switch to it would save time, I selecting the option
> to hover... big mistake as it just became a big pain in the a_ _ for
> me.  Now I would like to change back to one-clicking to change between
> viewed windows but can't remember or find where the option is located.
>  Any help will be appreciated.

I do not know if this is what you found.

Start > Control Panel > Mouse

The above series of mouse clicks will open the Mouse control.
On the Button Tab, look at the bottom of the Window in the area labeled
Clicklock, there is a check box Turnon Clicklock, if this box is checked,
uncheck the box.

If the check mark is there you would also have the Settings Button.

I am using Windows XP Professional, Vista may be different.

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com

"rushl" <rushl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I ran across an option to change how to switch between multiple open
>windows
> on my desktop.  It was an option to choose between hovering over a window
> or
> clicking on it.  Thinking that only having to hover over a window to
> switch
> to it would save time, I selecting the option to hover... big mistake as
> it
> just became a big pain in the a_ _ for me.  Now I would like to change
> back
> to one-clicking to change between viewed windows but can't remember or
> find
> where the option is located.  Any help will be appreciated.
> --
> rushl

0
David
2/4/2010 1:58:43 PM
ALT + TAB

As others have said this is not a Media Center issue. It should be posted to
the newsgroup for your OS.

"rushl" <rushl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I ran across an option to change how to switch between multiple open
>windows
> on my desktop.  It was an option to choose between hovering over a window
> or
> clicking on it.  Thinking that only having to hover over a window to
> switch
> to it would save time, I selecting the option to hover... big mistake as
> it
> just became a big pain in the a_ _ for me.  Now I would like to change
> back
> to one-clicking to change between viewed windows but can't remember or
> find
> where the option is located.  Any help will be appreciated.
> --
> rushl

0
Bob

SCENARIO ON MULTIPLE SHEETS
Hello All, I have a work book with 25 work sheets. Sheet 1 contains the rate for my formulas. Sheet 2 ( the working sheet) uses the formula from sheet one to cost my products. In some instances there are more that 40 products that use the same rate formula. (each product requires a line). If I use the regular format I will exceed the number of variable cells. How do I create this SCENARIO. Could you give an example of what you do now? You can use VLOOKUP to get the rate from Sheet1 for your products, so I'm not sure what your problem is. Pete On Feb 5, 2:28=A0pm, kellonja...@gmail.com w...

Can't Open Attachments in Outlook
When I try to open an attachment in Outlook I get the following message - "can't create file:right click the folder you want to create the file in and then click properties on the shortcut menu to check your permissions for the folder. This just started happening - I have not changed any options. ...

Global IME with Office 2000 & Windows XP
I would like to install Global IME for Office 2000. When I install Global IME 5.02 it not work because I'm using Windows XP platform. When I install Global IME for Office XP it need Office XP to be installed. Can you all please give me the solution on this matter. Regards. Ismail Rahim ...

Windows Media Player 11 Locking Up PC during CD Rip
My copy of WMP 11 says its completely updated, as does XP SP3 (no new updates for me to install). WMP 11 repeatedly freezes when I'm trying to rip CDs. This freezes the entire PC, NOTHING works, can't CAD, only option is to hard boot. I rolled back software to WMP 10 twice (the problem didn't occur with WMP 10), and I have completely uninstalled WMP11 and deleted all WMP files, then reinstalled from scratch. The problem continues. I'm switching to RealPlayer until I find a solution... On Sun, 3 Jan 2010 07:38:01 -0800, Svelten <Svelten@discussions.microso...

An additional problem under Windows Mail
I'm now having an additional problem under Windows Mail on my 32-bit desktop. None of the Local Folders except the Inbox are still reachable through Windows Mail. I've verified that the subdirectories corresponding to those folders still exist, though. An estimated 800,000 posts should be in the storage folders, though. Robert Miles Your antivirus is likely causing these troubles. You can try repairing = the database (www.oehelp.com/WMUtil/) and you can look in Explorer to = see if the files are under the folder directories, and if so, you can = drag the message...

Can't Open or Delete an item in the inbox
I have sent a "Task request" to other people using Outlook, however when they try to open it or delete it they got the following error message: "outlook cannot do this action on this type of attachment" How can they delete this from their inbox area? I have seen several posts about this but no replies - does this mean there is no answer? Many thanks Kevin Lycett Hi, I have exactly the same problem. When sending a "task request" to someone via internet and not using exchange server but only the internet mail function they receive the mail in the inbox. When...

Opening excel from launch bar opens 2 existing files, not blank on
Opening excel from launch bar opens 2 existing files, not blank one - does anyone have any idea why? I checked the setting under Tools > Options > General > at startup open all files in: and there is no entry. Thanks! Look to see if those files may have gotten saved in the XLSTART folder. HTH -- Sincerely, Michael Colvin "laralea" wrote: > Opening excel from launch bar opens 2 existing files, not blank one - does > anyone have any idea why? I checked the setting under Tools > Options > > General > at startup open all files in: and there is no ent...

Opening Publisher 2000 files with PowerPoint 2003
Can I open files created with Publisher 2000 with PowerPoint 2003? If not, is there a work-a-round by saving Publisher 2000 files as Word 2000 documents, then importing the Word 2000 document into PowerPoint 2003? -ddb Do you have Publisher? You can copy the Publisher objects into PowerPoint or Word, but you need Publisher. Word or PowerPoint cannot open Publisher files. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "DDB" <draytonb@ieee.org> wrote in message news:u7xPVoOMHHA.3668@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >...

Outlook crashes upon opening
We're running Outlook XP on Win XP and on several machines Outlook is crashing before it's fully opened. The error message indicates a problem in the shlwapi.dll module. I've run detect and Repair, and also the Inbox Repair tool, both to no avail. If anyone has any clues on how to fix this, it would be greatly appreicate. Thanks, Lloyd ...

Windows media player library is corrupt
Almost every time i start media player, it tells me my library is corrupt. It asks me to apply a fix, but it doesn't work either. it's only been happening recently, but Other than this message popping up, my music plays fine as far as i can tell. It's more of an annoyance. What can I do to fix this? Try this link for the fix. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/925718?p=1#top "Phr4g" wrote: > Almost every time i start media player, it tells me my library is corrupt. It > asks me to apply a fix, but it doesn't work either. it's onl...

Outlook 2003 command line switch
What is switch in OUTLOOK 2003 to specify the SUBJECT and BODY? In OL 2000 /m switch allows to specify mailto:email?subject=something&body=something etc. This DOES NOT work in OL 2003. Any1 has any idea why this won't work? tia this works for me: (all one line) "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\OUTLOOK.EXE" /c ipm.note /m a@slipstick.com;b@slipstick.com?subject=something&body=something -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Se...

File Icon will not open file
Help! When you click an excel file icon, excel starts but the file does not open as expected; however if you go to file and open the worksheet will open correctly. I found the solution to this problem for Excel 2000 (Q304424). Will this solution work for 97 as well? I am using Office 97 on an XP Pro machine. Thanks Andy The fix at Q304424 will work for Exzcel 97. There could be an easier way...... Start>Run "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes and note the space before the / mark). You may have to enter your full path to excel.exe....in that case surround with quotes as...

no speaker audio with windows media player
I have no audio from speakers or headphone jack when using windows media player. I have computer sounds and playback on ITunes works fine. The only thing that I can think of is my wife plugged her ipod into my laptop to charge it yesterday. I've checked the audio controls and the speakers are on and the volume level is all the way up. any suggestions On Sun, 21 Feb 2010 05:55:01 -0800, Homer <Homer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have no audio from speakers or headphone jack when using windows media >player. I have computer sounds and playback on ITunes...

Contacts with multiple e-mail address's
Just started using Outlook 2002 coming over from Outlook Express. Was able to import my address book and Contacts appear to be fine. The problem occurs when I create a new mail and want to choose a recipient. I start a new mail ,click on "to:" and the select names box comes up. For everyone with multiple e-mail address entries I get multiple entries in the name field and they all look exactly the same.Eg. I have one contact named John Smith ,he has 3 e-mail address's entered on his contact form, when I click "to" I get Smith,John listed 3 times and I can'...

Select multiple records based on search
I have adapted Allen Browne's Search form (thank you!) to setup a search criteria. I have figured out how to double click on a particular record on this list which will take me to the Main Update form and the selected record. What I'd like to do is open the Main Update form with all the records in the search list. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. ...

Multiple Colors on Area Charts
I would like to know if it is possible to have two different colors in the plotted area of an area chart. In the end, I would like to have the color for numbers less than 0 be one color and greater than 0 be second color. Thanks Hi Have a look at Jon's page on horizontal bands. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/HorizBands.html Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "SarahR." <SarahR.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A77861A3-B9B7-4926-BA1F-9FBE14BE03B4@microsoft.com... >I would like to know if it is pos...

Reinstall Windows on the DPM server without losing replicas?
Is it possible to wipe and reinstall Windows on a DPM server without losing the replicas and recovery points? I understand that the DPM replica and recovery point volumes are stored in Windows' Logical Disk Manager database. If Windows is reinstalled on the DPM server and the LDM database is lost, is it possible to use a backed up copy of DPMDB.bak and the replica and recovery point data on the disk enclosures to rebuild the DPM server without losing all of the backup data? Also, would it matter whether its Windows Server 2003 or 2008/2008 R2, or DPM 2007 or DPM 2010? ...

Outlook Express is opening wrong Browser #2
When I click on a link in an e-mail, Outlook Express attempts to open Netscape which I no longer have on My computer. How do I get it to use Internet Express? This seems so easy, but i just can't figure it out. Mandy Try out this link. http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=284456 "Mandy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2134601c45af3$2582d320$a601280a@phx.gbl... > When I click on a link in an e-mail, Outlook Express > attempts to open Netscape which I no longer have on My > computer. How do I get it to use Internet Express? This &...

Printing a pane of a splitter window
This is how I'm attempting to print the second column, first row, spitter window: I call a function in CChildFrame that I call "OnPrintPane()" from a drop down menu. It reads like this: void CChildFrame::OnPrintPane() { TRACE("Printing from pane\n"); COrthographicsView *pView = (COrthographicsView*)m_wndSplitter2.GetPane(0,1); pView->SetSwitch(); } This calls SetSwitch of my view. This works, and the function being called reads..... void COrthographicsView::SetSwitch() { TRACE("Trying to print...\n"); CPrintInfo *myPrintInfo = new CPrintInfo; OnP...

Open Excel 2007 .xlsm doc, but not allow user to copy it?
How do I prevent a user from copying a Excel2007 Workbook.xlsm the user has rights to open and run? "CrownJewels.xlsm" is an Excel Workbook with VBA for Oracle read-write code and lots of VBA user functions. Users in the company need to read data from the database, process estimates of assets and opportunities, have those inputs and outputs saved to the Database. CrownJewels is fully protected: Passwords on the VBA Project, Worksheets, Workbook, some worksheets Hidden, some VeryHidden. I even have a Workbook_BeforeSave event to capture and cancel any attempt to S...

One application insatce only and open file problem.
Hello, I know that there were many discussion on this problem, but none of them answers my needs. I've created an MDI application. 1. I want only one instance of the application to run. 2. If the user doubleclicks my application file and the application is already running, I want my already running application to close the open file(project) and open the doubleclicked file instead. How do I do it? I need a detailed solution because I have no clue. Thanks, Janiv Ratson. There are many ways to limit an application to a single instance. Using a Mutex is the most common and simplest appr...

Removing the Macro message when opening a worksheet
If a worksheet has a macro embedded into it, is it possible to remove the macro so that when you open the spreadsheet, it does not prompt yoe whether you want to enable macros etc Debra Dalgleish has some pictures that may help: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqMac.html#NoMacros Matt wrote: > > If a worksheet has a macro embedded into it, is it > possible to remove the macro so that when you open the > spreadsheet, it does not prompt yoe whether you want to > enable macros etc -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

using a single account to access multiple mailboxes via owa
Hi Initially it started out as a development problem but I'm confident I've traced it back to a configuration issue. Basically, I have a special user on Exchange that has been given permissions to access other user's exchange accounts via OWA. It's very similar to sharing your contacts but this has to be server initiated - the users must not have the ability to interfere. So I went to each account I wanted shared, went to the permissions and assigned read (and later full access) permissions to my special user. Let's call my special user X. Using X's credentials, I ca...

how can i open a .pub file in word
i have emailed my homework home as a .pub file-we do not have publisher and i cannot open it in word to finish the homework. My family do not want to buy publisher just for my homework-help please!!!!! You can't open it in Word. If you want, send it to me and I will convert the contents to Word. You will lose formatting. gsauer at columbus dot rr dot com -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "panic stricken needs help" <panic stricken needs help@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:55B2A6C...

Unable to open Excel file based on OLAP cube
I am the Data Warehousing developer and can open an .oqy file in Excel 2000 but when I send the file to another user he cannot. He uses many other files of this type (Excel 2000 based on OLAP cubes) but for this he receives the following message: Excel was unable to get necessary information about the cube. The cube might have been reorganised or changed on the server. ...