Remote Access Connection (RAS) over satellite on XP3

Client Machine(where I connect from) - XP Service Pack 3, PcAnywhere 10.5/11.
Host Machine(where I connect to) - XP Service Pack 3, PcAnywhere 11.

When I connect using PcAnywhere 10.5/11 to a host machine, I have problem
whereby the remote connection is super slow. When the connection is
establised, you need to count of 20 - 30 before it gets to load other
windows/screens/pages.

For your information, how the host receive a signal is via satellite. So how
I connect to the host basically, the remote access has to go through the
satellite dish > Indoor Unit (IDU) > 3Com Switch > host machine.

The response from Client to Host is very as you open a window, you can see
that immediately on Host. But to see what you've opened in Host in Client is
very slow (that is where you need to count of 20 - 30).

My question is, how can I improve the connection of the remote accessing?

Look forward to hear from anyone soon.

Thank You.

Regards, Shah
ashah.nasarudin@gmail.com

windows.mediacenter 289 articles. 0 followers. Follow

On 1/26/10, Br@bus posted:
> Client Machine(where I connect from) - XP Service Pack 3, PcAnywhere 10.5/11.
> Host Machine(where I connect to) - XP Service Pack 3, PcAnywhere 11.

> When I connect using PcAnywhere 10.5/11 to a host machine, I have problem
> whereby the remote connection is super slow. When the connection is
> establised, you need to count of 20 - 30 before it gets to load other
> windows/screens/pages.

> For your information, how the host receive a signal is via satellite. So how
> I connect to the host basically, the remote access has to go through the
> satellite dish > Indoor Unit (IDU) > 3Com Switch > host machine.

> The response from Client to Host is very as you open a window, you can see
> that immediately on Host. But to see what you've opened in Host in Client is
> very slow (that is where you need to count of 20 - 30).

> My question is, how can I improve the connection of the remote accessing?

> Look forward to hear from anyone soon.

> Thank You.

> Regards, Shah
> ashah.nasarudin@gmail.com

You might do better posting this in a networking or debugging group.

--
Gene Bloch 650.366.4267 lettersatblochg.com

0
Gene
1/27/2010 1:45:08 AM
On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 17:31:02 -0800, Br@bus
<Br@bus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>My question is, how can I improve the connection of the remote accessing?

Go to www.speedtest.net and choose a test server(s) near your
destination.  Try close ones too.

Report speeds back to the newsgroup...

Chances are your "pipe" isn't big enough.

Post in the following news group :-

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windows.networking.wireless&cat=en_US_f7139501-144b-4e8e-baf9-03f78faf7e85&lang=en&cr=US

regards,
S.Sengupta[MS-MVP]

"Br@bus" <Br@bus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Client Machine(where I connect from) - XP Service Pack 3, PcAnywhere
> 10.5/11.
> Host Machine(where I connect to) - XP Service Pack 3, PcAnywhere 11.
>
> When I connect using PcAnywhere 10.5/11 to a host machine, I have problem
> whereby the remote connection is super slow. When the connection is
> establised, you need to count of 20 - 30 before it gets to load other
> windows/screens/pages.
>
> For your information, how the host receive a signal is via satellite. So
> how
> I connect to the host basically, the remote access has to go through the
> satellite dish > Indoor Unit (IDU) > 3Com Switch > host machine.
>
> The response from Client to Host is very as you open a window, you can see
> that immediately on Host. But to see what you've opened in Host in Client
> is
> very slow (that is where you need to count of 20 - 30).
>
> My question is, how can I improve the connection of the remote accessing?
>
> Look forward to hear from anyone soon.
>
> Thank You.
>
> Regards, Shah
> ashah.nasarudin@gmail.com

> signature database 4808 (20100126) __________

> http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4808 (20100126) __________

http://www.eset.com

The machine that I connect to is a Live site. There is no internet connection
that I can test on.

Anyway, I will post this question to network newsgroup

"S.Sengupta" wrote:

> Post in the following news group :-
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windows.networking.wireless&cat=en_US_f7139501-144b-4e8e-baf9-03f78faf7e85&lang=en&cr=US
>
> regards,
> S.Sengupta[MS-MVP]
>

> "Br@bus" <Br@bus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Client Machine(where I connect from) - XP Service Pack 3, PcAnywhere
> > 10.5/11.
> > Host Machine(where I connect to) - XP Service Pack 3, PcAnywhere 11.
> >
> > When I connect using PcAnywhere 10.5/11 to a host machine, I have problem
> > whereby the remote connection is super slow. When the connection is
> > establised, you need to count of 20 - 30 before it gets to load other
> > windows/screens/pages.
> >
> > For your information, how the host receive a signal is via satellite. So
> > how
> > I connect to the host basically, the remote access has to go through the
> > satellite dish > Indoor Unit (IDU) > 3Com Switch > host machine.
> >
> > The response from Client to Host is very as you open a window, you can see
> > that immediately on Host. But to see what you've opened in Host in Client
> > is
> > very slow (that is where you need to count of 20 - 30).
> >
> > My question is, how can I improve the connection of the remote accessing?
> >
> > Look forward to hear from anyone soon.
> >
> > Thank You.
> >
> > Regards, Shah
> > ashah.nasarudin@gmail.com

> > signature database 4808 (20100126) __________

> > http://www.eset.com
> >

> __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4808 (20100126) __________

> http://www.eset.com
>

> .

Hi Mogan,

What do you mean by "Chances your "pipe" isn't big enough.

How do I deal with this?

Regards, Shah

"S.Sengupta" wrote:

> Post in the following news group :-
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windows.networking.wireless&cat=en_US_f7139501-144b-4e8e-baf9-03f78faf7e85&lang=en&cr=US
>
> regards,
> S.Sengupta[MS-MVP]
>

> "Br@bus" <Br@bus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Client Machine(where I connect from) - XP Service Pack 3, PcAnywhere
> > 10.5/11.
> > Host Machine(where I connect to) - XP Service Pack 3, PcAnywhere 11.
> >
> > When I connect using PcAnywhere 10.5/11 to a host machine, I have problem
> > whereby the remote connection is super slow. When the connection is
> > establised, you need to count of 20 - 30 before it gets to load other
> > windows/screens/pages.
> >
> > For your information, how the host receive a signal is via satellite. So
> > how
> > I connect to the host basically, the remote access has to go through the
> > satellite dish > Indoor Unit (IDU) > 3Com Switch > host machine.
> >
> > The response from Client to Host is very as you open a window, you can see
> > that immediately on Host. But to see what you've opened in Host in Client
> > is
> > very slow (that is where you need to count of 20 - 30).
> >
> > My question is, how can I improve the connection of the remote accessing?
> >
> > Look forward to hear from anyone soon.
> >
> > Thank You.
> >
> > Regards, Shah
> > ashah.nasarudin@gmail.com

> > signature database 4808 (20100126) __________

> > http://www.eset.com
> >

> __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4808 (20100126) __________

> http://www.eset.com
>

> .

Hi Morgan,

What do you mean by "Chances are your "pipe" isn't big enough"

How do I deal with this, any idea?

"Gene E. Bloch" wrote:

> On 1/26/10, Br@bus posted:
> > Client Machine(where I connect from) - XP Service Pack 3, PcAnywhere 10.5/11.
> > Host Machine(where I connect to) - XP Service Pack 3, PcAnywhere 11.
>
> > When I connect using PcAnywhere 10.5/11 to a host machine, I have problem
> > whereby the remote connection is super slow. When the connection is
> > establised, you need to count of 20 - 30 before it gets to load other
> > windows/screens/pages.
>
> > For your information, how the host receive a signal is via satellite. So how
> > I connect to the host basically, the remote access has to go through the
> > satellite dish > Indoor Unit (IDU) > 3Com Switch > host machine.
>
> > The response from Client to Host is very as you open a window, you can see
> > that immediately on Host. But to see what you've opened in Host in Client is
> > very slow (that is where you need to count of 20 - 30).
>
> > My question is, how can I improve the connection of the remote accessing?
>
> > Look forward to hear from anyone soon.
>
> > Thank You.
>
> > Regards, Shah
> > ashah.nasarudin@gmail.com
>
> You might do better posting this in a networking or debugging group.
>
> --
> Gene Bloch 650.366.4267 lettersatblochg.com
>

> .

Hi Morgan,

What do you mean by "Chances are your "pipe" isn't big enough"

How do I deal with this situation, any idea?

Regards, Shah

"Gene E. Bloch" wrote:

> On 1/26/10, Br@bus posted:
> > Client Machine(where I connect from) - XP Service Pack 3, PcAnywhere 10.5/11.
> > Host Machine(where I connect to) - XP Service Pack 3, PcAnywhere 11.
>
> > When I connect using PcAnywhere 10.5/11 to a host machine, I have problem
> > whereby the remote connection is super slow. When the connection is
> > establised, you need to count of 20 - 30 before it gets to load other
> > windows/screens/pages.
>
> > For your information, how the host receive a signal is via satellite. So how
> > I connect to the host basically, the remote access has to go through the
> > satellite dish > Indoor Unit (IDU) > 3Com Switch > host machine.
>
> > The response from Client to Host is very as you open a window, you can see
> > that immediately on Host. But to see what you've opened in Host in Client is
> > very slow (that is where you need to count of 20 - 30).
>
> > My question is, how can I improve the connection of the remote accessing?
>
> > Look forward to hear from anyone soon.
>
> > Thank You.
>
> > Regards, Shah
> > ashah.nasarudin@gmail.com
>
> You might do better posting this in a networking or debugging group.
>
> --
> Gene Bloch 650.366.4267 lettersatblochg.com
>

> .

Again, you will get much better help posting in a network group instead of
this Media Center one.

What Morgan means is that your sat connection doesn't have the bandwidth to
handle a remote connection. Many sat connection have a fairly limited
download speed compared to cable or DSL and an even slower upload.
--
James
Orlando (Goofy says "Hey"), Florida

> Hi Morgan,
>
> What do you mean by "Chances are your "pipe" isn't big enough"
>
> How do I deal with this situation, any idea?
>
> Regards, Shah
>

> "Gene E. Bloch" wrote:
>
>> On 1/26/10, Br@bus posted:
>> > Client Machine(where I connect from) - XP Service Pack 3, PcAnywhere
>> > 10.5/11.
>> > Host Machine(where I connect to) - XP Service Pack 3, PcAnywhere 11.
>>
>> > When I connect using PcAnywhere 10.5/11 to a host machine, I have
>> > problem
>> > whereby the remote connection is super slow. When the connection is
>> > establised, you need to count of 20 - 30 before it gets to load other
>> > windows/screens/pages.
>>
>> > For your information, how the host receive a signal is via satellite.
>> > So how
>> > I connect to the host basically, the remote access has to go through
>> > the
>> > satellite dish > Indoor Unit (IDU) > 3Com Switch > host machine.
>>
>> > The response from Client to Host is very as you open a window, you can
>> > see
>> > that immediately on Host. But to see what you've opened in Host in
>> > Client is
>> > very slow (that is where you need to count of 20 - 30).
>>
>> > My question is, how can I improve the connection of the remote
>> > accessing?
>>
>> > Look forward to hear from anyone soon.
>>
>> > Thank You.
>>
>> > Regards, Shah
>> > ashah.nasarudin@gmail.com
>>
>> You might do better posting this in a networking or debugging group.
>>
>> --
>> Gene Bloch 650.366.4267 lettersatblochg.com
>>

>> .

0
Jaime
1/28/2010 2:15:19 PM
Why do you keep posting responses to Morgan's post under other people's
posts? If you have a reply for Morgan, post it under *his* post,
please.

On 1/27/10, Br@bus posted:

--
Gene Bloch 650.366.4267 lettersatblochg.com

0
Gene
1/28/2010 7:03:36 PM
On Thu, 28 Jan 2010 09:15:19 -0500, "Jaime"
<NOSPAMjaimelobo@hotmail.com> wrote:

>What Morgan means is that your sat connection doesn't have the bandwidth to
>handle a remote connection. Many sat connection have a fairly limited
>download speed compared to cable or DSL and an even slower upload.

Correct.

Sorry,  I have not checked this group for a while.

On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 23:06:01 -0800, Br@bus
<Brbus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi Mogan,
>
>What do you mean by "Chances your "pipe" isn't big enough.
>
>How do I deal with this?

You may need a faster Internet connection than what you have now.

Did you go to speedtest.net and get your results?

BrBus,
The time lag to send a signal to a satellite and to get it back down again
is very long and I don't think there is anyway you can keep the remote
access from timing out due to slow response time.

"G. Morgan" <usenet_abuse@gawab.com> wrote in message
> On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 23:06:01 -0800, Br@bus
> <Brbus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>>Hi Mogan,
>>
>>What do you mean by "Chances your "pipe" isn't big enough.
>>
>>How do I deal with this?
>
> You may need a faster Internet connection than what you have now.
>
> Did you go to speedtest.net and get your results?

0
Curious
1/29/2010 6:42:12 PM
It was pretty fast when the platform was on NT.

On Mon, 1 Feb 2010 18:01:01 -0800, Br@bus
<Brbus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>It was pretty fast when the platform was on NT.

Ok, for the third time now....

Go to:

www.speedtest.net and get your actual results and post them here.

Choose a testing server that is near the remote computer.

Access to VB tools
Hi, Does anyone know of any freeware tool that might help in this? I have looked at a couple commercial access to vb conversion tools but they are pretty expensive so I am wondering if anyone knows of a freeware or open source tool that we could use to save us some time and effort..... Thanks, Malakie Tony Toews lists a few tools at http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/accesstovb.htm: I'm not aware whether any of them are free. The general consensus is that conversion tools do an incomplete job at best. There are simply too many differences between the controls available for ...

populating an Access table from a text file
A text file has data in a format like the below: Title1 Cell 1 data Title 2 Cell 2 data Title 3 Cell 3 data .. .. .. Title 10 Cell 10 data Title 11 Cell 11 data .. .. .. Title 15 Cell 15 data .. .. .. Title N Cell N data I guess I can read this using some VBA code posted at http://www.mvps.org/access/modules/mdl0057.htm and http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/readtextfile.htm, add an Instr function to it so that when I read the text file, I know when to insert the data properly in the table. 1. Is there another way I can directly import the data into an Access 2...

Lost original message when using outlook web access
I often use web access when travelling to get my work emails. When forwrdign and replying to emails, I always have the orginal email in tact and as part of the reply. However, when accessing from home on the internet, I lose the orginal email so that when I reply or forward there's nothing there. I also can't paste or copy into or from the message body. Is this problem easily fixed. Jim Assuming Outlook 2000 - though something like this will probably work for every version ... it just might not be in the same menu location. Go to Tools - Options - Preferences - Email option...

Excel/Access Delimma
I have inherited an Excel workbook with several worksheets containing charts that get their source data via MSQuery from an Access database. The users require that this stay in Excel so I have to find a way to make it work. The problem I am having is that whenever the user opens the workbook they are prompted to tell it whether or not to allow updates. The sad part of this is that we cannot rely on the numerous users to not accidently push the wrong button and allow it to update, and thus destroy the current data. I have to find a way that the user can open the workbook, let it update, sav...

Outlook Web Access 2K3
Hi, I am using OWA of the newly installed Exchange 2K3. When I use the premium mode and try to reply messages, the OWA keeps ask me to install the components. Why is it so? is there any pre-requisite to use the OWA premuim version. Thank MWGP Try posting this in an Exchange group for your version of Exchange as OWA is a function of Exchange, not Outlook. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching go...

Public folder access problem #2
Hello, Don't know if this is an Exchange or Outlook problem, sorry for posting in both groups :-) Exchange Enterprise Edition 2003 SP2, Outlook 2003 SP2 in Windows XP SP2, 1.000 users and public folders. Until yesterday a user was able to access a public folder; tree is : \Public folders\All Public Folders\Department\Incoming Mail \Public folders\All Public Folders\Department\Outgoing Mail Then suddenly this user does not see the content of the Department folder nor the subfolders. When you click on the Department folder properties, summary tab, you see this user has the Reviewer role. ...

Read-only mailbox access, how to?
Exchange 5.5 on NT4 I want to set up a Support mailbox which all can read but only some can send-as. When I created it I associated it with the Domain Admin. I then added the Search role to Domain Users. But if I connect via a POP3 or IMAP client and authenticate as a domain user I am denied access. Ditto if I use an Outlook 2000 client connected to another mailbox, and try File->Open-> Other User's Folder. What permissions do I need for read-only access? The Help on the dialog in Exchange Admin doesn't even list the Search right! jim -- Jim Hatfield On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 14:...

Can one access newsgroups from Outlook?
thanks In a way, yes. It calls for Outlook Express for this action. see: Outlookhelp - Support for Microsoft Office Outlook http://www.howto-outlook.com/Faq/news.htm "d p" <dp25@access-4-free.com> wrote in message news:%23ZttKlS9EHA.2196@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > thanks > > Thanks so much Walt ... a life saver. "Walt Basil" <see_signature@for_address.com> wrote in message news:#WV4VzS9EHA.2676@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > In a way, yes. It calls for Outlook Express for this action. > > see: > Outlookhelp - Support for Microsoft Offic...

Access database link
Am not a Visio user, am an Access person - - - the user makes Visio drawings is not technical. On the drawing are values. These values do not change the shape or size of the image of the drawing - they are just data surrounding the image. This data is already in an Access database and is used for reports and such. User needs Access Table - record 1 data to appear in drawing 1 record 2 data to appear in drawing 2 If he opens drawing 2 - the current data would populate (from record 2 of Table). So if the values in the record changed/updated in the ...

VB Code for button for Access 2003
I have a form called "Quote Entry" displaying data from a table called "Quote" with a field "CustomerID", on this form there is a button called "Customers". This opens a form called "Customer Display" which is a Continuous list of customers, from the current selected customer record. I need some code for a button on the "Customer Display" form to save the current CustomerID back the Quote Entry form and add it to the Quote Table -- thank you for your help "Meaty" <Meaty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

Allow access to item properties when Adding Items to purchase orde
Allowing access to item properties when adding items to a purchase order would assist in updating information like aliases, etc. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx...

How to create and access (add/delete mails) .PST file at runtime?
Hi, I need to store selected mails into some different .pst file at runtime. Also want to access those mails in .pst at runtime. I can import and export mails into .MSG file. But it is hard to maintain mails as .msg files. My queries are, 1. How to create/open .PST file at runtime ? 2. How to add/delete (import/export) mails (any format like .MSG, ..EML, etc.,) into .PST at runtime ? Is there any way to handle this kind of situation thru Outlook object model or CDO or Extended MAPI or Redemption or any other way? Thanks in advance with best regards, Kumar 1. Use Namespace.AddStore/Re...

How would I hire someone to help w Outlook issues remotely?
I have a lot of little bugs with Outlook 2007 and Windows XP and do not seem to be able to find help. I have asked questions multiple times on this forum with no help. Is there a way an individual can hire another individual to come on my computer remotely and help with my little issues? ...or should I just call someone like geek squad to send someone over? please copy my email as I never seem to find responses on this forum and when I login it says I have no responses. (I have also checked notify of replies) Kevin grold@aol.com Your questions in this group, in Januar...

Exchange 2003 OWA shared calendar access
Hi We are using Exchange 2003 with both OWA and outlook 2003 clients. I have set the permissions on everyones calendar so everybody has reviewer access to each other calendars. All calendars can be opened when using Outlook 2003. However when using OWA only some calendars can be opened and others are stating "You are not authorized to view this page" when trying to open them even though the permissions have been set to access them. I am trying to access them by typing http://servername/exchange/username/calendar Any ideas would be greatfully received Colin ...

2000 Server Connection to 2003 over VPN
Here is my issue: My company has a remote office in Montana. We have 2 Cisco 501 Pix connecting the sites via VPN. The 2003 Servers from WA can see the Montana office with no problem as can all the Workstations. The 2 windows 2000 SP4 Servers however can not see the 2003 server in Montana or vice versa. When pinging the servers from either side it does reolve to the correct IP however the ping drops. Every other IP connects fine. Something in the 2000 servers are blocking the connection over the VPN any ideas would be great... Thanks Jeremy SOme things to check: DNS zones on both ends, st...

Changing the format of an Excel output file made by Microsoft Access
Hello, I have a question about changing the format of a document made with OutputTo command. I have an Access database which I'm exporting some of it's data to an Excel document. Guess the Access table is named "MyAccessTable". I'm using the following command to export the data in that table to an excel worksheet and open it with Excel: DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputTable , "MyAccessTable",_ acFormatXLS,"C:\ExcelOutputFile.xls",True. What I wish to do is that after the file is opened in Excel, a procedure in Excel will run, making all the changes nee...

Money 2007 internet connection problem
Hi, I've been using Money 2007 Deluxe with no problems until today. When I open the program and try to sign in with my Windows Live ID a window pops up that says "You must be connected to the internet to sign in online". I am online. I can open it, and access my money file, if I sign in with no online services. Is anyone else having a problem like this? Thanks for any help you can give! I'm having the same problem in Canada with Money 2006. "mshomo1" <mshomo1@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:12vlroq11piu5d7@corp.supernews.com... > Hi, > > ...

Server loses internet connection
We have a server (Windows Server 2003 Ent R2) that keeps losing it's internet connection. This is a problem as this server needs a constant connection for continious off site backups. It can go off for up to 25 minutes at a time and if left alone it will eventually restore itself it seems. It looks like running ipconfig /registerdns will fix it. Server uses a static IP and is set up correctly. It has 2 NICS teamed using the HP management software. When the machine loses its internet connectivity it can still ping/access other nmachines and still works in every other re...

DCOUNT to Return Values from Access database
Hi, I have a spreadsheet with approximately 30K rows of data and over 130 colums wide. Currently I am doing multiple Dcounts with multiple criteria as a named range =dcount(worksheetname!a1:gg30000,fieldname1,worksheetname2!a1:bb2)/dcount(similar to previous string) Looking for a way to shrink filesize or, more importantly, decrease worksheet calculation time. The named range (over 50 fields) criteria can have sevel different values in each cell so permutations are many. With the criteria changing so often (and often the sample size returned is a majority of the rows) is access a feasi...

Multiple versions of Access
can i put access 2000 and access 2007 on the same computer? Yes. Be aware, though, that whenever you switch Access 2007 and any previous version, you'll have a very appreciable wait time while Windows reconfigures things. This problem was lessened (but definitely not eliminated) by Office 2007 SP1. It doesn't exist when switching between any other versions of Access. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Pastor Del" <PastorDel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CE8EC3AA-DBD9-491B-BD5B-...

Excel crashes when I try to access on Help.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I just installed Office 12.1.9 on my iMac 8.1 , and most apps work ok. However, Excel crashes whenever I try to get Help, i.e., if I click on the Help menu. This only happens in Excel, not in Word or PowerPoint, for example. I tried deleting the Preference file com.microsoft.Excel.plist and restarting Excel, but this did not help. I have done the usual things, rebooting the computer, running the Disk Utility to fix permissions, etc. Now what? I was one of those who encountered the error that there was "nothing to u...

Give us a Ribbon with tools we can use to make accessible document
I have spent the last year training our employees to use the toolbar Microsoft *should* have created for Word 2003 -- one that features all the commands needed to create an accessible document and none of the commands that lead you away from creating an accessible document. Ironically, these commands are also essential to understanding the power of Word and using it as a 21st-century word processor, not the electronic equivalent of safety scissors, construction paper, a pot of paste, and an 8-pack of crayons. (That description fits the buttons featured on Microsoft's default ...

Propert Sheet Wizard
I have property sheet, configured as a wizard, with pages 1, 2, 3 and 4. On page 1, press "Next" -> page 2. Good. On page 2, press "Next" -> General protection fault instead of page 3 Remove page _4_ and I dont get the protection fault going from page 2 to page 3 !!?? Anyone any ideas as to what the cause might be ? Tracing through the code, my page 2's OnWizardNext() handler executes without problem, and the GPF occurs after it. Tracing through the stack shows numerous (~100?) USER32, comctl32, WndProc-type functions but none of my own code until I get to...

Remote access to 2nd server
Exchange 5.5 - Setup a 2nd Exchange Server. I've moved several mailboxes to the 2nd server. Works fine within the LAN/receives and sends emails to the internet, etc. However, I am no longer able to login to the moved mailboxes using outlook express (or mail2web) from remote locations. Can this be done? I notice when I added a second email server, by default it didn't add Internet Mail Service but instead is using my primary email server. Should this service be added? What am I missing. Thanks, Randy On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 11:40:40 -0700, "Randy Wells" <rwel...

OT : Access query
Which would be the best newsgroup to ask in? I tried microsoft.public.access, but that groups looks completely dead. -- Paul Hyett, Cheltenham (change 'invalid83261' to 'blueyonder' to email me) Try microsoft.public.access.queries Paul Hyett wrote: > Which would be the best newsgroup to ask in? > > I tried microsoft.public.access, but that groups looks completely dead. -- Debra Dalgleish Contextures http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html On Sat, 3 May 2008 at 09:22:13, Debra Dalgleish <dsd@contexturesXSPAM.com> wrote in microsoft.public.excel : >T...