Media Center 2005 Online Spotlight Not Displaying Content

I have Windows XP Media Center 2005 SP3. When I access Online Spotlight, I
get a screen that discusses Media Center for Windows 7 & its features
(indicating with a message that "Not Designed For Media Center" - displaying
viewing options for now or later), but the items that were originally on
Media Center 2005 Onlight Spotlight, like MSNBC, Cinemanow, etc., do not
display any longer.

How do I get the Online Spotlight that came with Windows XP Media Center
2005?

windows.mediacenter 289 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Check the settings:-

Open Internet Explorer > Tools > Internet Options > Languages >
Language preference English (United States) [en-US]

Also open Automatic Download option within the WMC and click Download Now
tab.

regards,
S.Sengupta[MS-MVP]

"Skier7667" <Skier7667@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have Windows XP Media Center 2005 SP3. When I access Online Spotlight, I
> get a screen that discusses Media Center for Windows 7 & its features
> (indicating with a message that "Not Designed For Media Center" -
> displaying
> viewing options for now or later), but the items that were originally on
> Media Center 2005 Onlight Spotlight, like MSNBC, Cinemanow, etc., do not
> display any longer.
>
> How do I get the Online Spotlight that came with Windows XP Media Center
> 2005?

> signature database 4778 (20100116) __________

> http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4778 (20100116) __________

http://www.eset.com

Hi I have the same problem this past week and yet haven't done anything to change my system.

"Also open Automatic Download option within the WMC and click Download Now
tab."  How do i navigate to the "Download Now" tab?
Thanks!
0
Gary
1/17/2010 2:11:59 PM
'Download Now' tab is present within Automatic Download options page.

regards,
S.Sengupta[MS-MVP]

"Gary" <user@msgroups.net/> wrote in message
> Hi I have the same problem this past week and yet haven't done anything to
> change my system.
>
> "Also open Automatic Download option within the WMC and click Download Now
> tab."  How do i navigate to the "Download Now" tab?
> Thanks!
>

> ---
> frmsrcurl:
> http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter/Media-Center-2005-Online-Spotlight-Not-Displaying-Content

> signature database 4777 (20100116) __________

> http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4777 (20100116) __________

http://www.eset.com

Thanks but I can't seem to find the "Download Now" option under "Automatic Downloads Options", I only see "Retrieve media information for CDs, DVDs and movies from the Internet" option.  Any help is appreciated, I really miss my MSNBC news from my MCE XP.
0
Gary

why is the chart displayed only when the chart area is clicked on?
We used the chart wizard to create a chart. The chart area is greyed out and the chart is displayed only when the chart area is clicked on. We tried to create the same chart using a new workbook and we don't have this problem. Hi, Use the menu Tools > Options. On the View tab in the Objects section make sure Show All is selected rather than place holders. Cheers Andy Vivien wrote: > We used the chart wizard to create a chart. The chart area is greyed out and > the chart is displayed only when the chart area is clicked on. We tried to > create the same chart using a...

Favorite Account Balances Money 2005
My "Favorite Account" balances do not match my account balances when I go to the account list. I have checked for hidden transactions but now luck. Any suggestions? In microsoft.public.money, spgolf wrote: >My "Favorite Account" balances do not match my account balances when I go to >the account list. I have checked for hidden transactions but now luck. >Any suggestions? Start with File->RepairMoneyFile->QuickFileRepair Done that several times "Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote: > In microsoft.public.money, spgolf wrote: > > >My &q...

determining (and displaying) slopes that exceed x
I have created elevation profiles of state park trails that I have GPSed. The X is distance in miles, the Y is elevation in feet, plotted on a scatter chart (the locations of the GPS points is not uniform). I would like to show the areas of the trail that exceed a particular slope in a different color. I suspect I would have to create a new data series that includes just those areas and then add it to the chart. How do I determine which areas meet the criteria I set forth? JZip, Assuming the miles and feet data below, say you want to color any part of the series that exceeds a sl...

why doesn't my page sorter toolbar display?
When I open up Microsoft "Publisher". the page sorter does not show. Without the page sorter I can't move to other pages in the document. How do I get the page sorter to display? When I created the publisher documents the page sorter was available. gs127 wrote: > When I open up > Microsoft "Publisher". the page sorter does not show. Without the > page sorter I can't move to other pages in the document. How do I get > the page sorter to display? > When I created the publisher documents the page sorter was available. =================...

Transactions By Category Report Bug (Money 2005)
All, I'm experiencing a problem that I can't seem to work around and I hope somebody can help me out. I ran the transaction by category report and selected category A. I then went to the category setup screen and moved category A into B. I then went back to the transactions by category report and this time it won't open. Instead, it acts like it's going to open, but then immediately reverts back to the report menu screen. I'm pretty sure it's doing that because the last selected category the report ran was for category A and that category doesn't exist anymore...

Skinning Windows Media Player
I use to have a skin on my WMP that was called QuickSilver. I liked that skin because it was compact and nice looking. Well I had to pretty much reformat my drive a few weeks ago and now I only have 2 skins for my media player. I downloaded the Rad skin and tried to apply it but it doesnt work. I am using WMP 11 and when I go to choose more skins it brings up the page and there isn't a restriction on which version I can use RAD on. I'm just wondering why its not working and if anyone knows where I can get the quicksilver skin I liked. On Thu, 24 Dec 2009 20:50:01 -...

Error when connecting to online providor
Hi. I'm tryin to install the CRM 4.0 for Outlook klient (Office 2007). When typing the URL for the CRM online provider, this error eapears: The file '/MSCRMServices/2007/SPLA/CrmDiscoveryService.asmx' does not exist Som other klients in the same company, whith the same online provider, have no problems. Anyone knows what can trig that error? Best regards Jacob Mondrup ...

Displaying text into Sql reports
I would like to know what I can use in sql server report 2008 to display several sentences or paragraphs prior to where I have a table generated. Each table in each report will display the data. To display the paragraph(s) and/or sentence(s) before the table containing data what toolbox item would I use? Should I use a matrix, rectangle, textbox, and or another table? Not sure if i completely understand your request: Are you simply wanting to insert a paragraph before your data table or matrix?, then just use a textbox, thereafter you can do your tables or matrix. These text ...

Vista, Access 2007, SQL Server 2005, Native Client, ODBC: slow for
Hi, I have been reading the other treads about slow performance in a Access 2007 application; I have a similar thou different problem. My application worked fine and fast in Access 2003 and Windows XP. In the resent months we upgraded our notebooks and workstations to Vista, SQL server to 2005 and Office to 2007. It is very hard to exactly determine when the troubles started and what is causing it. The problem only occurs in some forms which use a larger table (35,000 rows, not realy large). The problem is as follows: When I open the form with Inventory items it opens quickly, even wit...

How do I send emails in Publisher so they're viewed centered?
When I send newsletters etc from Publisher, they always appear 'left aligned' when viewed by recipient. How do I send so the newsletter appears centered in recipients web/email browser? Understanding background padding in a Publisher web (aka white space) http://msmvps.com/blogs/dbartosik/archive/2006/01/07/80563.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Fezza" <Fezza@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C7714AAF-045B-4322-92F4-7EFA6B2231C6@microsoft.com... > When I send newsletter...

content library adding
am trying to add items to the "content library" in publisher 2007. Anybody know how? Thanx Pretty straightforward, right-click the object, click add to content library, check what category, or create a new category. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "sticky buddy" <stickybuddy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ED9D9156-FF6A-4C00-914F-627287D06182@microsoft.com... > am trying to add items to the "content li...

Cell Formula reference to cell Based On third Cell Content #2
I want to build a formula in one cell that calls a second based on the numeric value in a third. Specifically, Say the frst cell is F10. I want it to look up the number in F1, and then if F1=1, F10=E9*something if F1=2, F10=D9*something if F1=3, F10=C9* something etc. Hi! I notice that you use "etc" which means there are more. Exactly how many more? That number will determine the best way to approach this. Biff >-----Original Message----- >I want to build a formula in one cell that calls a second based on the >numeric value in a third. > >Specifically, Say...

Display as ???????
Hi, I am using Outlook 2002on a Win2K system. I have my Contacts set up just as I want them, ie. "Surname,First Name." They appear like this in all the fields in the contact pane, however when I use the contact list button to enter an email address into a new message, the list of names is a mixture of "Surname,First name" and vice versa! I have looked in properties and cannot find any way to change the way they are listed. Any help appreciated Jon Mossman Tools - e-mail accounts - view/change address books. Properties of Outlook Address Book service: choose "file ...

Display correct records on report
My database has a custom report application where the user can build custom reports based on which fields the user wants to display on a report, such as Names, Title, DOB, etc. The Main report is based on a query which selects the appropriate employees. The Detail section of the Main report is made up of null sub reports which are populated with the appropriate prebuilt subreports depending on which fields have been selected. For example, if the user builds a custom report to display the Name and Title, the report displays the Name and Title for the appropriate employees. The custom report co...

It's a Great Time to start playing Online Poker!!!
https://secure.pokerchamps.com/pokerpublic/arequest?acode=ABBAVGIT" - get up to 50% rake back with weekly payouts! No more waiting for that distant signup bonus. Our CashFlow Bonus Program continues week after week with no limits! - PokerChamps is the fourth generation of Poker software and offers new amazing features you have never seen before. The CashFlow Bonus Program: If you play an average of 2-3 hours a day on a US $5/10 table your direct payout from PokerChamps will be approx. US $100 in one week! This beats any sign-up or deposit bonus or frequent player program anywhere ...

How to clear up useless content within worksheet?
When I copy and paste the whole worksheet for editing, and delete some useless content, but I find out the file size of worksheet is almost the same, I am delete half of useless content already, so the file size should be reduced, does anyone have any suggestions on how to clear up hidden useless content to reduce the file size? Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric One better? way is NOT to copy/paste the entire sheet but only the target areas. To clean-up, think you'd need to select all cols to the right of your target area*, then DELETE these. Then do similar acti...

Blackberry 3.6.x and SQL 2005
We have Exchange 2003 Enterprise with Blackberry enterprise Server 3.6.x. Is anyone using Blackberry Enterprise Server 3.6.X version with newly released SQL 2005 Database Server? Although it may not be supported, anyone using it or know if it would work? thanks. Thank you. That'd be a little premature, imo, considering SQL 2005 was just released days ago... -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- ">> JP <<" <jpaul@msn.com> wrote in message news:uQBmg0U5FHA.3388@TK2MSFTNGP11.ph...

Classes for displaying waveform data?
I am searching for classes that can intelligently display waveform data based on zoom factor , window size, scale etc. Has anyone seen something like that? I have displays running now which look ok but they need to more intelligently handle zooming and such. Thanks Elan Would this sort of thing work for you: http://www.pablosoftwaresolutions.com/html/wave_editor.html Tom "Elan Magavi" <Elan@nomailnospam.com> wrote in message news:ybQqh.26886$QU1.15802@newssvr22.news.prodigy.net... >I am searching for classes that can intelligently display waveform data >base...

Display currency in account register
Hi Everyone I believe once i was able to display currency sumbol in the account register. Can't remember how to.... Anyone can help about this one? ...

how do I chage mm/day format display to "workweek" display?
I'd like to change the default format in which the "weeks" are displayed, which is starting date of the week. Instead or in addition to that I'd like to display it as a work week. for e.g. the Week of july 3th would be 26ww while the week of july10th would be 27ww. ...

GUID Columns in SQL 2005
Are there additional things you need to do when backing up and/or restoring databases which have tables containing guid/uniqueidentifier columns? Thanks in advance Please, ignore this question. "RG" wrote: > Are there additional things you need to do when backing up and/or restoring > databases which have tables containing guid/uniqueidentifier columns? > > Thanks in advance ...

Update for MS Money 2005?

Outlook Today
I have two problems in Outlook Today. Here's the scenario. Today is Saturday 3rd Jan, 2004. In Customize Outlook Today I have "Show this number of days in my calendar as 7 " In Outlook Today under the Calendar column I have a multi-day event correct displayed under today. However, even though this multi-day event ends on Tuesday 6th Jan I cannot see any further listings for it in the Calendar Column. Should I not see it listed for Sunday and Monday and Tuesday as well? The second problem is I have an appointment penned in for Sunday 4th, 2004. (i.e. tomorrow) yet this is now...

Online Banking Services
I've had a paypal account in MS Money for years. I'm not sure when, but within the last year, online services with paypal became no longer available. For many months, I kept getting an error message when automatic updates would ensue. At some point, I stopped using online services (via MS Money). I still have other accounts that utilize this online feature, and whenever an update occurs, an additional mysterous paypal account appears. Currently, I have Paypal - Money Market Funds Banking, Paypal - Money Market Funds Banking #2, & Paypal - Money Market Funds Banking #3. Howeve...

MSCRM 4.0User Summary Report not displayed Properly in IE 8
User Summary report in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 is not displayed properly in IE 8 . It is getting expanded in IE 8, hence the table columns are lost. It is getting displayed perfectly in rest all versions. Any help in this regard is appreciated. ...