How to Connect Comcast Box to Windows Xp to TV Tuner

 Hi ,
   I have been trying to figure this out for a week now can someone please
help greatly appreciated ? I have Dell Xps Gen 5 Desktop with built in Dual
Tv tuner and have been trying to figure out how to set it up To my Comcast
Box (Only 1 Comcast box) no top box , I had the cable hooked up from the
comcast box to my desktop and threw Media Center setup I saw Tv picture , but
when it comes to the option to change channels  it Will not change the
channels threw the Xp Controller. I don't know what I'm doing wrong any
answers greatley appreciated thank you .
windows.mediacenter 289 articles. 0 followers. Follow

what do you mean "To my Comcast
Box (Only 1 Comcast box) no top box"

do you have a set top box or not?
are you trying to run with one set top box and one straight out of
the way to the second tuner? that won't work.

see
http://digitalmediaphile.com/index.php/2009/10/13/windows-media-center-dual-tuner-and-set-top-box-setup/

On Mon, 9 Nov 2009 23:16:02 -0800, Boxerdogs3
<Boxerdogs3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Hi ,
>   I have been trying to figure this out for a week now can someone please
>help greatly appreciated ? I have Dell Xps Gen 5 Desktop with built in Dual
>Tv tuner and have been trying to figure out how to set it up To my Comcast
>Box (Only 1 Comcast box) no top box , I had the cable hooked up from the
>comcast box to my desktop and threw Media Center setup I saw Tv picture , but
>when it comes to the option to change channels  it Will not change the
>channels threw the Xp Controller. I don't know what I'm doing wrong any
>answers greatley appreciated thank you .
Barb Bowman
MS-MVP
http://www.digitalmediaphile.com
http://digitalmediaphile.wordpress.com
0
Barb
11/10/2009 10:36:36 AM
In addition to reading the article that Barbara linked (and explaining
exactly what you have), do you have the IR receiver/blaster/remote kit to
control the box?

What version of Media Center do you have -- MCE 2005?
--
James
Orlando (Goofy says "Hey"), Florida

"Boxerdogs3" <Boxerdogs3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi ,
>   I have been trying to figure this out for a week now can someone please
> help greatly appreciated ? I have Dell Xps Gen 5 Desktop with built in
> Dual
> Tv tuner and have been trying to figure out how to set it up To my Comcast
> Box (Only 1 Comcast box) no top box , I had the cable hooked up from the
> comcast box to my desktop and threw Media Center setup I saw Tv picture ,
> but
> when it comes to the option to change channels  it Will not change the
> channels threw the Xp Controller. I don't know what I'm doing wrong any
> answers greatley appreciated thank you .

0
Jaime
11/10/2009 4:10:01 PM
Start at the Cable Box >> out to TV >> to  TV tuner on PC just your TV  >>
if the Cable Box is set to Channel 3 or 4 you need Tv tuner on that Channel
3 or 4 just the same way on our TV  Views the same way as you do you TV.

Now you have a Webtv for windows! mm

"Boxerdogs3" <Boxerdogs3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi ,
>   I have been trying to figure this out for a week now can someone please
> help greatly appreciated ? I have Dell Xps Gen 5 Desktop with built in
> Dual
> Tv tuner and have been trying to figure out how to set it up To my Comcast
> Box (Only 1 Comcast box) no top box , I had the cable hooked up from the
> comcast box to my desktop and threw Media Center setup I saw Tv picture ,
> but
> when it comes to the option to change channels  it Will not change the
> channels threw the Xp Controller. I don't know what I'm doing wrong any
> answers greatley appreciated thank you .

0
Hot

Disabling / enabling entire menu and toolbar if child window open and has focus
Greetings, I have an MFC app within which a user can choose to go to the company's web site. If they select this from the menu, a CMDIChildWnd is created containing a CHtmlView. I need to have it so when this window is opened, all the menus are disabled and the toolbar is disabled. Also, when the window loses / gets focus, the menus are disabled / enabled respectively. Is there an easy way of doing this? How might I go about it? Thanks for your help! ~simon You can't disable *all* the menu items typically, because you want File>Exit, Help>About, other Help items, etc. en...

sales line detail window-after updating the request Ship Date-also
I am also using manufacturing, when you change the requested ship date, you get a window asking: You can update the In House due date, What is the name of this window in modifer? I would like to modify this form, so the No button is disables, I want to make sure they always click 'yes' How do I find this form in modifer? the form name is just 'Microsoft GP Dynamics' thanks -- Doug ...

Unable to Migrate Exchange 5.5 mail boxes to 2003 with the Migration Wizard
Hi, We are trying to migrate from and NT4 Domain with Exchange 5.5 to 2003/AD with Exchage 2003. We have the AD Domain set up. The NT4 Domain is still in place and on the same network, so our AD domain is similar but different (the "inc" has been dropped from the NetBIOS name). We have 2 Domain Controllers, and a brand new system to run Exchange 2003 on. It is clean, only has the OS and Exchange on it (we have problems when we get the critical updates. It seems linked to the exchange database going belly up, and we can't install exchange in the first place if the updates are ap...

Extender Window #2
Question: I've created a extender window and pushed it out to a number of companies. Using GP 9.0 and so forth. Every now and then, I'll get a notice from a client that the extender window is no longer available. Easy fix for me is to just import it again. My question to you all, Is there anything documented or known to cause extender windows to just disappear? The data stored in them is still resident in the tables on the back-end, just the window itself isn't there. Tiger, I've noticed this happen whenever I made a change to the key fields in the extender window. You ar...

Combo Box problem 08-04-07
Why is my combo box in both the table and the bound form not accepting the hand-typed value and produces a "value not an item in the list" error even though I know for sure the value IS in the list? When I select the value from the list it wqorks fine and goes on to the next field.... Thanks Hi, Dennis. > Why is my combo box in both the table and the bound form not accepting the > hand-typed value and produces a "value not an item in the list" error even > though I know for sure the value IS in the list? No, the value _isn't_ in the list, because you ...

Windows 7 Minimum Requirements
Does anyone know what are the minimum requirements for a new pc with Windows 7. Looks like I'd want Works,Quicken for software and an antivirus, "Sam spade" <sloopokespam@opto.net> wrote in message news:OgZKzlgbKHA.5796@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Does anyone know what are the minimum requirements for a new pc with > Windows 7. Looks like I'd want Works,Quicken for software and an > antivirus, Best to ask in a Windows 7 Community Forum. According to MS website: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor ...

Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800ccc0dThis would not be a major pr
Dell inspirion 1545 Windows Vista HB MSG: The host 'http://get.live.com could not be found' Protocol: SMTP Port: 25 Secure(SSL): No Socket Error: 11001 I have uninstalled/Installed Windows Live Mail and get the same error. Email cannot be accessed via the Windows Live interface, only via hotmail. This would not be a major problem except that I cannot send photos. -- Thanks for the help. JohnnyT http://get.live.com is not used for email Is this problem occurring with a Hotmail account ? If using the pop3/smtp protocol for sending/receiving with a Hotmail account...

Window's verson numbers
I'm writing an app in C++ using VS.net and I need to do this based on the OS. I can get the OS version number using _osver global variable found in the include STDLIB.H. But I need a list of what version number correspond to what OS so I know what the value in _osver means. Does anyone know where I can find these definitions? Also the major and minor builds might be useful? If this is the wrong newsgroup could you direct me to the right one? Thank Lots, Neil Neil B wrote: >I'm writing an app in C++ using VS.net and I need to do this based on the OS. >I can get the OS ver...

Where to download: SBS 2008 with Windows Server 2008 Service Pack
I am a technet plus member, but cannot find this version of SBS 2008 referenced below for download there. http://blogs.technet.com/sbs/archive/2009/10/16/coming-soon-sbs-2008-with-windows-server-2008-service-pack-2-included.aspx Can someone please point me at where I can find this version available for download? Thanks ozinca wrote: > I am a technet plus member, but cannot find this version of SBS 2008 > referenced below for download there. > > http://blogs.technet.com/sbs/archive/2009/10/16/coming-soon-sbs-2008-with-windows-server-2008-service-pack-2-included.a...

Hide text box
I am trying to hide a text box on a subform if a check box is = to false. I am close in doing so, but not there yet. This is what I have In the AfterUpdate property of the check box I have the following: Private Sub RevisedGrant_AfterUpdate() If Me![RevisedGrant] = True Then If MsgBox("Are you sure you want to revise this grant?", vbYesNo) = vbNo Then Me![RevisedGrant] = False MsgBox "Grant will NOT be revised", vbOKOnly Forms![DataEntryFrm]![ItemSubFrm]![Total$ofItemsRequestedSubfrm].Form![Revised Total Approved].Visibl...

How to Print string (Windows Printer) using RMS QSRules.
A windows printer is set as a receipt printer for a register. I need to print strings to this printer using RMS QSRules. How can I do this? I tried using Register.ActivePrinter.PrintNormal(Station as Long,Data as String) but it won't work. By the way, what is Station in the parameter? ...

Faulting application name: iexplore.exe In Windows 2008 Server R2
I am not certain why I keep getting this exception message. In fact I get a pop up most each time I try to access or connect using IE. Did a bit of searching, and have not found a good fix for this yet. I am running a Windows Server 2008 64bit machine. I tried blaming it on IE add-ons, but now I am running in NO-ADDON mode with no add-ons but the problem persists.I would appreciate it if someone helped with with a fix for this on my server. ERRORS TYPES SO FAR ============================================= Faulting application name: iexplore.exe, version: 8.0.7600.16385, tim...

VBA Combo Box
I have a combo box that I want to populate with a list of names. I do not want to reference names in the worksheet - using "RowSource" - I want to write the names in the code. I tried the following code: Private Sub ComboBox1_Change() With ComboBox1 ..RowSource = "" ..AddItem "Male" ..AddItem = "Female" End With End Sub This gives me an error. Does anyone know where the code should be added. Is this on a userform? If yes, then maybe it should be in the Userform_initialize procedure? If it's on a worksheet, maybe in the auto_open or workbook...

HPEN and Rectangle() on Contantly refeshing window object
Hello, Well, I am totally stumped on this one. VC++ 6.0: I have an app that has a video window playing. What I need to do is to be able to draw a rubberbanded rectangle around an area within this screen. Well, the rubberband stuff works until it stretches over the video part of the window -- you will see the rubberbanded Rectangle for a split second on every mouse move, but as soon as motion stops, the rubberbanded rectangle line will be overwritten with the animated video screen. Is there a trick to set an HPEN object to be the top Z order so that it doesn't disappear when ove...

when i am in the window to choose a folder to export none are list
I want to export my contacts to an excel file. When I am in the window to choose a folder to export, there are no folders to click on. What version of Outlook are you using? Does anything show in that pane of the Import/Export Wizard? "outlook export files" <outlook export files@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:17414043-FCB0-4C02-8ABF-C5288395157F@microsoft.com... >I want to export my contacts to an excel file. When I am in the window to > choose a folder to export, there are no folders to click on. ...

List Box no displaying added choices
I have several drop-down list boxes in a few forms that I am having trouble with. When I originally set up the database, I created the tables and entered a few items to be included in the drop down list in the lookup section of the table (design view). I then created the forms and inserted those fields. I have since added several new choices to the drop-down list of the table, and those new selections are available in the Table, but they are not available in the Form. The only items available in the drop down list on the Form are those choices that were originally there when I set up the fo...

Money 2000 Windows XP SP2 Password problems
Hi. * I have reformatted my hard drive (On a Compaq Table TC1000) & reinstalled Windows XP Pro Tablet. * I have then installed the Windows XP SP2. I then restored my backups, which included my mny data file from Money 2000. * I then (amongst other software installs) installed Money from the original CD. * When I tried to start Money, it asks for the password as usual BUT it doesn't accept the usual password. * I have checked that it is the right file, checked Caps Lock, typed carefully several times - to no avail. * Are you aware of any problems with Money 2000 & SP2? I...

Print dialog box using VBA in excel
Hi Everyone, I like to add a print button (that will select several worksheets and print them) in my excel worksheet. I have recorded my action using the macro recorder the problem is I can't select the printer everytime I run the macro it print in the background without asking the user to select the printer and uses the default printer. Can anyone help?? I just want the user to be able to select the desired printer every time before printing. My current code: Sub Print_All() Sheets(Array("Sheet 1", "Sheet 2", "Sheet 3", "Sheet 5)).Select 'intent...

CLick on Box to enter time of day
I have a worksheet where payment is entered in column C. I would like to use Column B as a time stamp. In other words as soon as data is entered in C5 then the exact time comes up in B5. When data is entered in C6 then the exact time cones up in C5. I do not want this time to change even when the page is saved and opened later on. Elfego You can enter a static time in a cell by hitting CTRL + SHIFT + ;(semi-colon) You could also use event code to enter a static date when you enter something in a cell. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) 'when entering data in ...

Removing gray shading in protected forms (drop down box)
Hello- I am creating some contract templates for my company's sales force using Word 2003. I am using the forms toolbar to insert checkboxes and drop down boxes from which to select deliverable specifications. The problem is that when a user selects an option from the drop down box, the gray shading remains. I know the sales teams HATE the gray shading because they don't think it looks very good when sending to customers. Is there a way to disable the shading when an option is selected? Thanks. You can remove form field shading altogether using the corresponding b...

connecting
i need how i conected my computer in the mail?... You just set it up in Tools - Accounts. Yahoo must be a "Plus" account - see: http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/original/mailplus/pop/pop-06.html "Raymond01040" <raymond01040@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:#iE16fsnKHA.3164@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > i need how i conected my computer in the mail?... ...

Windows Pro C.O.A. Question
I have a Dell Latitude D510 with Windows XP Pro SP2 installed. It's used and the machine didn't come with a restore disk, and there is no restore partition. But the COA sticker is attached to the bottom of the machine. I have an OEM copy of Windows XP Pro with SP2. If I have to reinstall the operating system, can I use the OEM version and use the laptop's COA to activate Windows? I realize that I may have to hunt down drivers such as WiFi and sound if they aren't included with my OEM copy. Thanks Don wrote: > I have a Dell Latitude D510 with Windows X...

Duplicate message box
Hi... Can u pls.anybody suggest for my below query..? My query is.... I set Primary key for 4 field together as i need to check duplicate values for these 4 field. When i enter the data into the form, it restricts to enter the duplicate values by giving the below message. "The changes you requested to the table were not successful because they would create duplicate values in the index,primary key, or relationship. Change the data in the field or fields thagt contain duplicate data,remove the index,or redefine the index to permit duplicate entries and try again." But, i ne...

just testing connectivity
alt.test "Test1" <a@b.com> wrote in message news:%23EVqQ9T2EHA.1860@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > > ...

Multiple Email Accounts in Windows Live Mail
I added a yahoo.com email address within Windows Live Mail and decided against it. I removed it from the Live Mail properties but yahoo emails continue to post within Live Mail desktop. I've checked the obvious settings but can't find anything to change to make this stop. I want to totally remove yahoo.com email from Windows Live and access yahoo emails from the Internet. Do you by chance have a Hotmail account and in the account on the web site told it fetch mail from Yahoo? Hotmail website: Options, More Options,. Send and receive mail from other e-mail account...