Fax component in Windows XP Service Pack 3

I have Win XP Home with Service Pack 3. It will not let me installation the
Fax Component as described in the Installation section. I have tried using
all the different ways mentioned in the trouble shooting guide but it won't
install. It shows that it is trying to install and will create an icon in the
Add new Printer and Fax group. But when you click on the Fax icon and click
properties. It gives the error that the printer is either not correctly
installed or not connected to the server.

Any ideas?

windows.mediacenter 289 articles. 0 followers. Follow

=?Utf-8?B?QW5vbw==?= <Anoo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

> I have Win XP Home with Service Pack 3. It will not let me
> installation the Fax Component as described in the Installation
> section. I have tried using all the different ways mentioned in the
> trouble shooting guide but it won't install. It shows that it is
> trying to install and will create an icon in the Add new Printer and
> Fax group. But when you click on the Fax icon and click properties. It
> gives the error that the printer is either not correctly installed or
> not connected to the server.
>
> Any ideas?

Do you have a fax modem installed in your computer?

Fax component acts like a printer.
You "print" to the Fax just as if you are printing a page.

In order for the fax component to work you must have a fax modem
installed. Fax is Telephone line only, no internet at all.

The fax component shows in the Printers list and is selectable in the
print dialog

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com

Tables #3
I have created a publisher 2007 document with tables in it but I cannot see the actual table unless I go to print preview. What am I doing wrong? Read the third FAQ here Q: Why can I not see images/shapes/lines when editing my publication? http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Mommydi" <Mommydi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3D3BC5E-9CBC-41F6-8420-EF0CC2CFCD4B@microsoft.com... >I have created a publisher 2007 document with tables in it ...

Memory usage in XP (memory leak detection)
Hi How can I found out the memory usage on XP ? My XP box uses over a week all memory and then has no resources available. It has 4GB memory (3.5 GB free) I used typeperf with the following: \Memory\Available Bytes \Memory\Committed Bytes \Memory\Pool Paged Bytes \Memory\Pool Nonpaged Bytes \Memory\Cache Bytes \Memory\Cache Bytes Peak \Process(_total)\Virtual Bytes Peak \Process(_total)\Virtual Bytes \Process(_total)\Working Set Peak \Process(_total)\Working Set \Process(_total)\Page File Bytes Peak \Process(_total)\Page File Bytes \Process(_total)\Private Bytes \Proc...

Tick boxs on a packing list
I am creating a report that shows products along with a subform showing optional extras for each product. On the subform i have drawn a box so it gives me the options when printed and packing the order to tick them off as boxed. This work fine when i have optional extra but when i have no optional extras in the subform i just end up with a box on the screen which i do not want. How do i set it up so it does not have box when i have no optinal extra So long as there is nothing else in that same horizontal space, you can turn on the CanShrink property and it will disappear when empty. HTH --...

XP Style button using MFC 4.2
Hi, I am using Visual C++ 6, MFC 4.2. Windows XP SP2. My problem is, how could I get the XP Style buttons on the dialog. If i dynamically create the button using CreateWindow() the button still looks same. I've tried 'Button Controls' article on MSDN but no luck. Could anyone help me? Thanks, Fahad Themes are handled by the system, and not on a button-basis. The way to give your application running on XP the themed look is to include a manifest resource. The resource can either be a resource compiled into your EXE or it can be a separate file in the same directory as your ...

What is Window and Orphan protection?
What is Window and Orphan protection? It is WIDOW and orphan control - It prevents Word from having the first line of a paragraph alone at the bottom of a page, or the last line of a paragraph stranded at the top of a page. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> "...

Windows Security pop-up
Checking email as usual, then a Windows Security window pops up, asking for my mail server User Name and Password. So I input (but apparently incorrect). I tried going to Windows Security, and Windows Mail to try to get rid of it. I think it must be new since my Windows upgrade last night . ARGH!!! How do I get rid of this? (I wish I could put a screen shot to show). Thanks. You can probably go to the webmail portal to your account and check your username & password there. But, sometimes the account settings get messed up, and you have to remove and re-add it. Go...

Reflect cell contents into another worksheet #3
I have forgotten how to reflect data that is present in one worksheet cell into a specific cell of a second worksheet. IOW, repeat cell contents in a second worksheet. I simply do not make use of MS Excel97 often enough to remember the procedures ! Please help. Regards, ~ Vince ~ You can just type = and then click the cell if you want to be duplicate. "Vince" wrote: > > I have forgotten how to reflect data that is present in one worksheet > cell into a specific cell of a second worksheet. IOW, repeat cell > contents in a second worksheet. > > I simply do...

Money 2006 Deluxe and Windows 7
Will Money 2006 Deluxe and Windows 7 work together? Thanks Probably. I don't recall any reports to the contrary. "Charles Eaves" <charleseaves@att.net> wrote in message news:uN0lhJiAKHA.5020@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Will Money 2006 Deluxe and Windows 7 work together? Thanks. I am currently using XP Home SP3. I was just wondering since Money has been put to rest. What a shame. Thanks again "Dick Watson" <littlegreengecko@mind-enufalready-spring.com> wrote in message news:%23j5qVCjAKHA.2604@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Probably. I don't reca...

Windows 2008 R2 and SQL SSMSE installation
Hi, I am tring to install SQL 2008 R2 and SSMSE on a Server 2008 Server that has already been upgraded to Powershell V2. I have been unable to get Powershell V1 installed, even after removing PoshV2, and downloading Poshv1, I get an error installing Posh V1, says this update does not apply to your system. If I install powershell via the deature mangement tool, it installs V2. So how in the heck can I install SQL and SSMSE on Server 2008 R2, if SSMSE requires PoshV1, and 2008 R2 comes with v2 by default? Why does SSMSE hangup on v1 so much, isnt Posh suppose to be backwar...

Error 0x800CCC0B #3
Hi everyone. I'm having a problem sending e-mail. I'm using WIN98SE and Explorer/Outlook 6.0. Every time I try to send a message, I get the 0x800CCCoB error message. I tried looking it up in the Knowledge Base, but the only reply had to do with WIN2000. It said it had something to do with the security options in the Account. In my Account toolbox, the Log On Using Secure Pasword Authentication, My Server Requires Authenication, and Outgoing SMPT On This server Requires A Secure Connection boxes are all unchecked. Outlook is acting as if they were. How to fix this so I can sen...

Extender Windows on Inventory Transfer Scroll
Hi, We have a request to enter the item's Pallete Number and Carton number during the item transfer entry. I was thinking of using Extender to add in those fields and activate them during Item Transfer Entry when each detail item line is entered. I created a WINDOW in Extender under Form Item Transfer Entry, Window = IV_Tranfer Scroll. I faced 2 problems: (a) Under IV_Transfer Scroll, I only find Item Line Sequence but not Document Number. As such I could not create a right Key Fields for the new window (b) I wanted the system to auto open the window after Field Exit from Qua...

reminder service #2
I've read these newsgroups as well as Google searches. Everything say to start outlook with one of two switches to get rid of the annoying error message "Cannot start the reminder service. Unable to show reminders". Basically, neither of the two command line switches do anything. I can start Outlook with the switch and it starts fine. Soon as I start Outlook again however without the switch, I will usually see the error message. I don't use reminders and I never have. Why does this error box message appear??? It is very annoying especially when I'm composing a message...

Cannot open Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened
Please advise: This morning I wanted to copy my pst file to laptop -via home network. Outlook hickupped against that. I then made an archive file in same directory and copied that via via to laptop. NO SETTINGS WERE CHANGED. Then I closed doen computer normally. Now, returning home after work, starting Outlook, it gives the message: Unable to open Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened . Can anyone advise me please what I should be doing? thanks magsie Create a new mail profile - yours is now corrupt. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to k...

Money 2006 Trial version #3
Hello, I downloaded Money 2006 and I paid for it. When I run it, it says I am running a trial version. What happened? Can I re-download the real thing. This is Money 2006 Standard. Thank you. In microsoft.public.money, Sam K wrote: > >I downloaded Money 2006 and I paid for it. When I run it, it says I am >running a trial version. > >What happened? >Can I re-download the real thing. >This is Money 2006 Standard. Start with the trial, as you have done. When Money uses a file with the same Passport that you used when you bought Money, it should download the approp...

Message killing SMTP service (long)
Anyone know why this message would bring down SMTP services on an fully updated and patched (including KB 827214) Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003? I removed this from my queue all is fine, put it back and SMTP service dies in just a few seconds. The only potential problems I saw, other than 673 recipients, were on lines 155, 245, 375, and 450. Thanks in advance ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Received: from MAIL.private.foobar.org ([xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]) by s002bsfl.diff-foobar.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.0); Tue, 14 Sep 2004 07:23:57 -0400 F...

Dexterity: Scrolling window focus
Hi, I'm trying to figure out a way to "select" a line in a scrolling window in Dexterity. What I need to do is programatically set the focus on a line (any line) in the scrolling window so that it is has an active record (ie entire line highlighted). The scrolling window is browse only I have already set a range on the underlying data so everything in the list is valid for what I want to achieve next. I want to then run the script for an existing button which is simple. I'm having a hell of a time just getting the line selected. I have tried the following unsuccessful...

Updating Exchange admin tools with SP1 on XP
I have the Exchange 2003 System Management Tools installed on my XP workstation and have been using them to manage Exchange without any problems. After updating the server with Exchange 2003 SP1, I tried to update the the System Management tools on the workstation. When I do this, it wants to update Messaging Services as well as the admin tools, even though Messaging isn't and can't be installed on the XP workstation. I can't select just the System Tools for update since you have to select the parent. But as soon as I select update (the only option) for the parent, it complains it...

Configuring outlook on a xp Client
Hello, I need to configure a Windows XP outlook Client for using Exchange Server, whe I try to do it The proper screen to set user,domain,etc doesn't appear. but the screen to configure for internet does. Best Regards rigoberto.vera@saint-gobain.com ...

to exit resume wizzard return to document window
how do i do this On Fri, 9 Oct 2009 11:08:02 -0700, riksee57 <riksee57@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >how do i do this Start by giving us at least one clue about what software you are trying to use. -- Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. Electronics for Visio http://www.electronics.sandrila.co.uk/ Electrical for Visio http://www.electrical.sandrila.co.uk/ Electronics Packages for Visio http://www.electronics-packages.sandrila.co.uk/ ...

Access XP Pro to 2000 version
I'm trying to get a database from XP Pro to open in 2000. "Jake F" <JakeF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5E71FD15-67CD-4DE0-A937-A9F4A0746347@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to get a database from XP Pro to open in 2000. Office "XP" = Office 2002 Office 2000, in other words, was released two years *prior* to Office XP's release. All Office applications are Backwards-compatible. No Office application is Forward-compatible. In Office 2002 (XP), use the "Save As" option to save as 2000. Steve I assume the mdb file is in 200...

Run in XP 64-bit?
Hello Microsoft techs, How do I install and run Live Messenger on Microsoft Windows XP 64-bit edition? Older version wouldn't work because they keep asking me to update to the new version (which does not install) before I can use messenger. Please don't just tell me it is not supported. I paid so much for the Windows XP and just want to get live messenger running. Thanks! Greetings Shing, Sorry to say... it's not supported, by Microsoft anyway. But you can install it anyway and it'll work. Just download and run the Microsoft Installer files directly to ins...

Business Portal 3.0 for MS Dynamics GP 9.0
Hello, I try install Business Portal 3.0 for MS Dynamics GP 9.0, but when i configure intallation options show error message " The database (master) on SQL Server (PO) does not meet minimum requirements--your back office data must be at version 9.0" I don't now how solve this trouble. I installed MS Dynamics GP 9.0 on Win Server 2003 Standard with SQL 2000 SP4. Thanks for answers Jakub, You will need to go into your database tables for great plains. Look in the dynamics database. Check the du000020, db_upgrade, and sy01500 tables. Make sure the vermajor and verminor on e...

DPM 2007
Hello I am trying to enable secondary protection of my primary DPM server (Both Win 2008 R2). However when I go though the agent install process on the secondary DPM server I receive the following error. "Unable to connect to the active directory service database" "Make sure that the DPM server is member of a domain and that a domain controller is running. Also verify that there is network connectivity between the dpm server and the domain controller" "ID72" "Details the server is not operational (0x8007203A)" I have had problem...

Window defender missing?
I don't have any evidence of Window Defender on my machine. My Start/All Programs does not contain it. I opened Control panelAdd Remove Programs to see if it is mentioned there - it isn't. Shouldn't it appear some place - I like to check if it is really installed. Thank " Cal Who" <CalWhoNOSPAM@roadrunner.com> wrote in message news:i0gv03$avf$1@news.eternal-september.org... >I don't have any evidence of Window Defender on my machine. > My Start/All Programs does not contain it. > I opened Control panelAdd Remove Programs to see if i...

How to create a tooltip window which remains there until i explicitly hide it.
Hi, I want to create a tooltip window which wont hide until I explicitly closes it. I tried to increase the delay time by sending TTM_SETDELAYTIME message, but it accepts only up to max of short. I then tried by including the TTF_TRACK flag in the uFlags member of the TOOLINFO structure when sending the TTM_ADDTOOL message and updating the location by sending TTM_TRACKPOSITION. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb760252(VS.85).aspx But now I loses the default behavior of tooltip window. ie, window pops up suddenly when i move mouse to the control. So my question is how can i develo...