Can't uninstall media extender on Windows 7

    I got my PC Media Center and my Xbox360 media extender somehow out of
sync with each other.  In other words the WMC's don't seem to see each other.
 It seems the easiest thing for me to do, would be to uninstall the Media
Extender from the PC Media Center.  Unfortunately when I follow the
directions
WMC >
     Tasks >
           Settings >
                Extender >
                        (the only option i get is) CONFIGURE
                        (there is no UNINSTALL at this point)

The device is seen in WMC as
     XBOX 360
     not set up
     Setup key: ****-136*

When I try to configure with a new setup key the wizard goes through the
following check box's

configuring computer settings - OK
Searching for extenders         - OK
Configuring extender              - fails

The next screen indicates
Configuration error
An error was encountered while configuring your computer to use with this
Extender.

The XBox at this point has a Windows Media Center splash screen open and
indicates "contacting" under that
But the connection never resolves.

This is a Windows 7 WMC PC
windows.mediacenter 289 articles. 0 followers. Follow

did you go into the Xbox dashboard and remove any existing PC affiliation?
did you install new software/third party AV or firewall? do you have Norton on
that machine?

On Tue, 16 Feb 2010 14:56:01 -0800, Tony <Tony@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>    I got my PC Media Center and my Xbox360 media extender somehow out of
>sync with each other.  In other words the WMC's don't seem to see each other.
> It seems the easiest thing for me to do, would be to uninstall the Media
>Extender from the PC Media Center.  Unfortunately when I follow the
>directions
>WMC >
>     Tasks >
>           Settings >
>                Extender >
>                        (the only option i get is) CONFIGURE
>                        (there is no UNINSTALL at this point)
>
>The device is seen in WMC as
>     XBOX 360
>     not set up
>     Setup key: ****-136*
>
>When I try to configure with a new setup key the wizard goes through the
>following check box's
>
>configuring computer settings - OK
>Searching for extenders         - OK
>Configuring extender              - fails
>
>The next screen indicates
>Configuration error
>An error was encountered while configuring your computer to use with this
>Extender.
>
>The XBox at this point has a Windows Media Center splash screen open and
>indicates "contacting" under that
>But the connection never resolves.
>
>This is a Windows 7 WMC PC
Barb Bowman
MS-MVP
http://www.digitalmediaphile.com
http://digitalmediaphile.wordpress.com
-1
Barb
2/17/2010 9:22:08 AM
just disable every firewall and av and it works!
1
read

Uninstalled IE8 and Now CAN'T Find It
I wanted to try FireFox, so I went into IE8 tools and click a button to hide IE8. Now I can't find the IE icon, or how to get back to the IE tools to reset it. Any help appreciated "MikeJr" <MikeJr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:882C5220-DB78-4DEC-8BFB-DCC37C427304@microsoft.com... > I wanted to try FireFox, so I went into IE8 tools and click a button to > hide > IE8. Now I can't find the IE icon, or how to get back to the IE tools to > reset it. > > Any help appreciated You went into WHERE to click a button t...

Add the day to the 7 week calendar view
Hi, How can I add the day to the 7 week calendar view? I had a look through the menus and options but couldn't spot it. -- Kind regards Dan Pickard ----------------------- http://hosting.fast-trak.net http://www.design.fast-trak.net http://www.training.fast-trak.net Searched on the web version of the group and found the answer. Regional settings in control panel sorted it, just added dddd, to the long date. -- Kind regards Dan Pickard ----------------------- http://hosting.fast-trak.net http://www.design.fast-trak.net http://www.training.fast-trak.net "Dan" <daniel...

Windows 7 Media Centre & FLAC files
Has anyone found a way to play FLAC files in WMC? I have the Ogg Codecs 0.81.15562 installed and FLAC works fine in Media Player. Is there a way to hitch WMC up to these 3rd party codecs? Keith Woolf Playing FLAC files in WMP & Media Center http://www.hack7mc.com/2009/01/playing-flac-files-in-media-center.html regards, S.Sengupta[MS-MVP] "Keith Woolf" <keith.woolf@boltblue.com> wrote in message news:#hKA18uvKHA.1984@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Has anyone found a way to play FLAC files in WMC? I have the Ogg Codecs > 0.81.15562 installed a...

Windows XP Pro
Hi, I recently replaced my Outlook.pst file with a backed up one and by doing so, I now have 3 entries called "Personal Folders", instead of 1, that contain *exactly* the same thing. Needless to say it's completely useless and that I would very much like to get rid of the extra entries. This said, when right clicking on the additional 2 entries, I am not allowed to close them... Would have I missed something obvious? Sure, it's not a critical problem, but I just find it irritating, not to mention completely illogical to have 3 identical entries... Cheers, Alan. You&#...

windows xp date format change upsets one of my MS Money 2002 data files
Hi there. I am still running Money 2002 as never seen a reason to change - more reasons not to change....... Anyway, my comp is set to USA date format and ideally I would like to set to NZ date format (in control panel) However if I do that, one of my MS money files won't open and says the file is corrupted. Others are quite happy. Setting the date format back to USA format means all is well with the file. Seeking any suggestions as to how I might get around this please....... Wild shot.... Backup the file!!! Open the file, while it is still open change the date format, close the fil...

Preinstalled Office 2007 won't uninstall
I purchased a new HP business computer that had a trial version of Ofc 2007 installed. I use ver 2003...I went to add/remove programs and uninstalled the 2007. Rebooted computer and everytime I try to use an office 2003 program Windows Installer pops up and starts to install 2007...how do I get this to stop. anuenue Uninstall both Office 2007 and the Activation Assistant. Does that help? -- Susan Ramlet -- please reply to the newsgroup so all may benefit. "anuenue" <anuenue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F632DCA6-6323-4F1B-8857-1974B...

Windows Live Mail problems 06-09-10
I'm having problems on one of the 64-bit machines where I've installed Windows Live Mail. 1. When I click the icon to start the program, I see a spinning circle for a few seconds, then the circle disappears and nothing else happens. The other ways I've found to start the program don't work either. This MIGHT be due to the large number of newsgroups messages I have downloaded but not read - around 800000, mostly from text-only newsgroups. Any ideas on what to do? (I've had previous problems on that machine that shut down all access to the Windows Mail...

Unidrv-based bitmap driver sample in windows DDK can not work
To learn how to program a virtual printer driver, I compile a sample (Unidrv-based bitmap driver) in windows DDK. The compilation is according to guidance from DDK user guide and everything is OK. However, after I add the compiled Unidrv-based bitmap driver to system and try to print a test page, it fails to print the test page. An error message, which indicates the Unidrv-based bitmap printer fails in printing, emerges at the right bottom corner of the desktop. In the research, I found if we changed the port type of the printer from "LPT1" to "COM1", then ...

microsoft office excel - compatibility checker
When I try to close one of my spreadsheets of type .xlsm, I get a pop- up window entitled, "microsoft Office Excel - Compatibility Checker". This window further explains "the following features in theis workook are not supported by eaelier versions of Excel. These features may be lost or degraded when you sve this workbook in an earlier file format. Click Continue to save teh workbook anyway. To keep all of your featuress, clieck Cancale, and then save teh file in one of the new file formats". However, I'm trying to save it as a new file format: .xlsm. The window f...

Notification of window creation
Hello, I'd like to be notified anytime a window is created BY MY APPLICATION. Essentially, I'd like to write a function or method looking something like the following, that would be called whenever a window is created by the application: void vOnWindowCreated(HWND hWnd) { // do stuff } It would also be nice (but not essential) to be notified similary on window destruction: void vOnDestroyingWindow(HWND hWnd) { // do stuff } Thanks for any help. I may also post this question in the Windows forum. You will need to install a windows hook. If you are talking about in proc...

Building a Windows Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise Edition
Hello Exchange pros, I am in the process of setting up an Exchange 2003 server, this server would be a back end server, and it is going to serve the messaging needs of 300 users. Follwing are the specs of the Compaq server. Two 18gb hard drives mirrored for the O/S, three 200gb hard drives in RAID 5 array. Now my question is what is the best hard drive confiration if I am planning to setup five different information stores ( would like to setup a inf.store for each department)? Any Ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Chow "Cody" <none> wrote in news:eAe$rTyTEHA.258...

Excel 2002, VBA, macros and Windows 7
I purchased a new computer several days ago. It uses Windows 7. My old computer ran Windows XP and Office 2002. I transferred all my data files from the old computer to the new one. When I opened an excel workbook which contains a macro with some VBA coding, a message was displayed that the workbook had lost its VBA Project and other programmability controls. I also have other workbooks which use macros. Can someone please advise me what I have to do to access the macro under Windows 7. It depends. The answer might be that you don't have to do anything or you need to d...

Date formula #7
I would like to have a calculation from a date I enter and data I download. I enter a date as follows 2/27/04 for a report each day. I download data with a 3/1/04, 4/1/04 for each month. I need to caluclate the date 90 180 and 240 days out. However while I do a new date each day (ex: 2/27/04, 2/28/04 3/01/04, 3/02/04...). The download data is always the first day of the month. So for February it needs to be 90 days from February 1, until March 1 then it is 90 days from that date until the next month and so on. Is there away for me to make a formula that takes out the 27 ...

Outlook brings up unexpanded window when started.
I recently bought a new laptop with Windows 7 OS. Ever since, Outlook brings up unexpanded window when started or even only after being put down. It even does not expand the folders in the folder list so I both need to resize the window and expand the folders with subfolders, which is very annoying. What could be the reason and how can I solve this problem? ...

Change password in OWA #7
I have an Exchange Server, and everything is ok, but we have a problem. Sometimes when I user want to change his password, he can do it in Active Directory, but he is not able to do that i OWA For all users or just some. Did you implement change password feature for OWA? Implementing the Change Password feature with Outlook Web Access http://support.microsoft.com/kb/297121 James Chong (MVP) MCSE | M+, S+, MCTS, Security+ msexchangetips.blogspot.com On Mar 8, 3:07 pm, arielqs <arie...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have an Exchange Server, and everything is ok, but we ha...

Millionaire at 31 ... on the Internet! Listen to how he is doing it. #7
Dear Friend, I have to get this off my chest before I EXPLODE... Stephan Ducharme just became a Millionaire on the Internet � in weeks!!! He went from 100 hits a day up to 1 MILLION visitors in less than a few weeks � without paying a dime in advertising !!! � and this just paid him over 1 MILLION DOLLARS !!! He says anyone can do it with what you are about to learn. You have never heard of this thing before, Ever! CLICK THIS LINK NOW: http://www.freeadguru.com/cgi-bin/i.pl?c=a&i=19924 You DO NOT NEED A WEB SITE to make money. YOU DO NOT NEED A PRODUCT to make money. YOU DO ...

Windows live contacts not adding
HI there every time i add new contacts they do not appear as having added me into their contact list even though they have. When i click tools options, etc. click see who has added you to their contact list these contact do not appear even thoughi know i am on their list and speak to them frequently. Is this a bug, cant seem to get it to wrok for any new contacts that i add??? ...

How do I read .xls files with Windows XP Home Edition?
I've received an Excel file that I need to open but Windoes tells me that I don't have the proper software to open it. How can get it to work? > I've received an Excel file that I need to open but Windoes tells me that I > don't have the proper software to open it. How can get it to work? Download and install the Excel 2003 Viewer: http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/officeupdate/CD011347961033.aspx Windows XP Home is your operating system. The error message you're getting is telling you that you don't have Excel software on your machine, which is a requiremen...

Windows mail
Je souhaite joindre une image � un mail. Je fais l'op�ration suivante : 1) s�lection de l'image 2) clic sur "courrier "�lectronique" 3) s�lection de la taille de l'image 4) clic sur joindre, un message indique "pr�paration r�ussie" et puis plus rien. Je ne sais pas ce qu'est devenu le fichier : compl�tement disparu, impossible de le retrouver sur le PC. Avez vous une id�e ? D'avance merci Jean-Michel a �crit... > Je souhaite joindre une image � un mail. Je fais l'op�ration suivante > : 1) s�lection de l'image > 2) ...

A/P A/R Lookup windows v 7.5
We just upgraded to 7.5 from 6.0 and are having an issue with the vendor, customer and item lookup windows. We have 2 different companies set up. One company's lookup window looks like version 6.0 and the other company looks very different and does not sort the same as 6.0 did. There are more steps involved. We also did a test upgrade and this lookup window difference was not an issue. In fact both companies in the test version had the old lookup window which we really prefer. Has anyone else had this issue. I would appreciate any suggestions. Thank you. I ran into this whe...

use TAB-key in child windows
Hello, I have a dlg-based MFC application. My main window has a listcontrol, a treecontrol and several child windows (with the WS_CHILD style). Depending on the selection in the listcontrol, one of the child windows is shown on the main window. The problem is I can't reach the controls on the child window using the TAB-key. I can only change between the listcontrol and treecontrol on the main window with the TAB-key. Is there a solution for this ?? thx "Wes" <sjappie@pandora.be> wrote in message news:%230BssrOjEHA.140@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > I ha...

Cannot close the Customer/Vendor Relationships window
One user accidentally opened the Customer/Vendor Relationship in one of the forms in Sale module. She doesn't have access to add or delete a customer or vendor and this prevents her from closing the window. She tried the File->Close but the system is asking if she wanted to add the customer. If she clicks cancel it does not close the window, if she clicks Save it says that she doesn't have the proper security rights. Kindly advise how the user can close the window without using force logoff. Thank you. Yani, Click anywhere on the first line in the grid, then go to Edit &...

Getting 550 5.7.1 'message rejected' from external senders
Hello, I have an an Exchange Server 2003 running and all has been well until I had a power outage. Ever since that my external users using pop3 mail clients like Outlook Express can not send mail to anyone outside the local users group. It acts just like the relay errors but I am allowing relays and the error is "An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'gfgfgf', Account: 'www.domain.com', Server: 'www.domain.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 5.7.1 Message rejected.', Port: 97, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC69&quo...

Address book on the side in the Folders window?
Hi, A friend said I could put my email contacts (my address book) into the Folders windown on the left side of the screen. Is this possible and how do I do it? Thanks. Your friend is thinking of Outlook Express, which is an entirely = different program from Microsoft Outlook, which has no such feature.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx ...

Outlook 2010 & Hotmail connector
I recently installed the 2010 RTM version of Office and was told I needed to update the Outlook Connector for my hotmail account. I noticed after the update (version 14) that I'm getting the new message ding and desktop alert preview window for messages that arrive in my hotmail account (with exchange being my primary). This was not how it used to be and I'm wondering if there is a way to turn it off? I'm guessing the majority of people will like this feature but I don't need to be notified all the time mail comes into my secondary hotmail account. Thanks ...