Access to Microsoft forums and error 13

I wanted to get a wider audience for the error 13 problem that may
have been fixed with the latest download.  I signed up for the
Microsoft's green button, received a confirmation but can't log on.
I probably have to wait for someone to come in on Monday.
Meanwhile, could someone use the green button media center forum to
confirm that the problem was introduced with the previous to last
fix and the latest fix solved the problem.  I can't verify the fix
because I switched to cable and the problem is unique to dialup
(switched lines).  There's no information with the fix install about
this error 13 problem.

--

Glenn

0
Glenn
6/26/2010 2:09:41 PM
windows.mediacenter 289 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Another update: I got tired of trying to download the guide with no
success,so last night I did a system restore back to the time when I
reinstalled the operating system and I'll be if the guide did not download
today. However that presents some new problems of it's own.
First of all Windows is sitting wanting me to reinstall about 150 updates
that need to be downloaded and reinstalled (but I am beginning to think
possibly one of these updates is the problem with my EPG download
problems).Also when I did the operating system reinstall somehow when
reinstalling all of my backups,and there are 15 disks of backups many tens of
thousands of files ended being duplicated (I know for sure that there were
over 25,000 of them), this makes the system run totally crappy and some
applications and programs will not work at all. I am not sure how this
happened. I had to manually go in and delete all of these duplicates by hand
and that as you can imagine was a real pain. It took me hours and hours
searching for and deleting them. The system at that point worked beautifully
but the EPG would not download. So I have now,after doing the system restore
all of the duplicate files back the system is running crappy but I am able to
download the guide again.
Question does doing a complete system reinstall duplicate many files on it's
own?
I am now considering doing once again (and this will be the third time in
less than two month's) another total operating system reinstall but only
considering mind you beacuse it is a problem in it's own
First of all I must remove my dialup modem from the computer I found out
when I did the first operating system reinstall if you leave it in there for
some reason Windows will totally not recognize it anymore. And I would have
to reinstall my backups(music,pictures,documents,games etc.) reinstall Norton
security,reinstall AOL,Printer and drivers,the modem and drivers,and I still
will be sitting here with Windows begging to download those 150 updates that
it has.
I am quite unsure just what to do at this point. How many times can the
operating system be reinstalled before risking some of the data being
corrupted in the process and leaving me in an even worse situation?
Sorry about the long windedness of this but I am very frustrated. I just
wish someone at Microsoft would take notice and help me and many others with
this problem and others like it but it appears that Microsoft could care less
probably just trying to force everyone to purchase Windows7 or a new machine
with Windows on it.
I think that I must have the most recent update for wmce already downloaded
and installed if so it certainly did not fix the problem I tried to download
the most (Ithink 6-27-10) update for mce and it downloads fine but when
trying to install it it says it is "not for my system" which I know very well
that it is or should be. Bottom line is it refuses to install so I deo not
know if I have it or not. One other bit on info. is I am beginning to suspect
that the EPG download failure is somehow connected to an a previous update
probably mid May this year as that is when the problem first surfaced. please
read my whole post any ideas or suggestions or just plain comments would be
appreciated."Glenn" wrote:

> I wanted to get a wider audience for the error 13 problem that may
> have been fixed with the latest download.  I signed up for the
> Microsoft's green button, received a confirmation but can't log on.
> I probably have to wait for someone to come in on Monday.
> Meanwhile, could someone use the green button media center forum to
> confirm that the problem was introduced with the previous to last
> fix and the latest fix solved the problem.  I can't verify the fix
> because I switched to cable and the problem is unique to dialup
> (switched lines).  There's no information with the fix install about
> this error 13 problem.
>
> --
>
> Glenn
>

> .

-2

Period Sales Analysis Report Error
I updated to ver 10 from 9 SP2 a couple weeks ago and everything has worked relatively well (Thanks to all newsgroup members who assisted) I am getting an error "Error in equation 'Net Sales'". Has anyone else seen this and what did you do? I'm guessing this is a modified report? Open the report in Report Writer and check out the Calculated field 'Net Sales'. You will probably find an error there. If I can't figure it out just by looking, I'll look at the v 9 report to see what the calc was trying to come up with and then correct the formula in v ...

After Re-Install
HELP!!! After a crash and a re-install of Office we are now getting user name and password errors in Outlook 2002. We can access the same accounts via a www interface with the same account information. PLEASE help. I've downloaded all the service packs for XP and Office and I've tried un-installing and re-installing including deleting all of the profile information I can find and deleting Outlook's registry, but to no avail. I'm obviously missing something. Any help would be fabulous. Please e-mail Monica@ViaSollertia.co.nz Thanks so much!!! Monica ...

impossible to access the "news" from outlook 2003
I wanted to set-up my newsgroups access In outlook 2003. I followed the documented procedure (toolbar/standard/customize) from the help menu to add the "News" selection to the "GO" menu. It worked but when I exited Outlook and got back later the "news" menu disappeared. I tried to reinstate it following the same installation procedure but the News option is no more available in the "toolbar/customize list". Looks like a bug. Has anybody faced the same issue ? Is there a workaround to access the Newsgroup interface ? Thanks, Laurent conflicts ...

OWA to POP, IMAP: OWA access, need pop3, IMAP, or Forwarding
Hi, I have recently been given a new email address by my school, which is only accessible through exchange and OWA. The thing is, I already have an exchange server, and 2 pop accounts already setup into my single profile, which is linked to my blackberry -- everything is already well integrated. Adding this profile or OWA screws everything up. Is there a peice of software I can run that reads my OWA account and forwards it to POP or IMAP? The new OWA won't even let me forward the mail. Thanks for the help. Jeff. On 4 Dec 2006 07:16:39 -0800, "Jeff Sherwin" <subtle@gmai...

Exchange Extension Error
I'm trying update an email address and an error pops up. Microsoft Active Directory - Exchange Extension A Local Error has occured. Facility: Win32 ID no:8007203b Microsoft Active Directory - Exchange Extension Everything else seems to be working ok. Any ideas? Thanks, Q does this apply? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;329642 "Quan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1a2001c4abc4$e8f2ea30$7d02280a@phx.gbl... > I'm trying update an email address and an error pops up. > > Microsoft Active Directory - Exchange...

PLEASE HELP--ERROR MESSSAGE
I have two error messages. The reason why I am getting this is because I got a new computer and I copied my old outlook information and put it in the new computer. Everytime I open my outlook this message appears and the only thin I have to do is click ok and everything works. But how do I fix it? I did reload outlook serval times and there error message still comes even if I do not put my old information in it. Error 1: "The add-in "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\SBCMSYNC.DLL" could not be installed or loaded. This problem may be resolved by using Detect and Repai...

Hidden files in Ms-Query cause ODBC connect errors or Query is wac
I have a Query fetch_from_bob that moves data (collapses records,unique key search, etc...) from excel spreadsheet "bob" to excel spreadsheet "fred". Fred and bob live in the same directory" c:\123directory" on the same computer. I allow this query to execute/refresh data automatically when one of the query paramaters is changed. This works great. I also have a macro that invokes the query to refresh the data whenever the user desires. This works great as well. The macro literally has all the VB code to execute the query. But I'm just a part time progra...

FWD: See this corrective update which comes from the Microsoft
--aolkeahgr Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="wbqnfbpivy"; type="multipart/alternative" --wbqnfbpivy Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="lzvglunuqmeli" --lzvglunuqmeli Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to maintain the se...

GUID/Outlook format link giving error "Unable to open the seleted folder or item"
Hi, I have created custom forms in multiple public Outlook folders and when I send the GUID type link to the user, they receive an error: "Unable to open the seleted folder or item". The same happens if I send the Outlook type link. However, if I ask the user to go to the folder and find the appropriate posting, then the form opens and after that the link works, too. Is this due to some Exchange server setting? My clients are not the type that tolerate opening the form the long way, they want a one click solution. Please help, this is driving my team crazy. Any ideas are welcome...

550 5.7.1 relay error messae
I have select number of Clients (3) out of 27 who we can not send emails to, they are in a separate domain from ours. Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: test 4:35pm Sent: 2/27/2007 4:34 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Sean ***** on 2/27/2007 4:34 PM You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. <mail.n*******.org #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for tsc16.****.****@***.local> Rhodes.messiah@gmail.com wrote in news:1172615546.953350.313930 @j...

Rules in Error
When I open Outlook 2002 I receive a dialogue box which states Rules in Error - Server Requested Client Action MoveCopy, Unable to create dest msg. I don't know where this came from. Thanks for the help in advance. ...

error message 01-01-10
Unable to send or receive messages for the Hotmail (**********) account. To send and receive messages in your Hotmail account, go to http://hotmail.live.com on the Web, or try again later. To get help from Windows Live Customer Support, go to http://support.live.com and click Windows Live Mail in the list of services. Subject 'Greetings' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x80070057 I want to know how to dump this popup. I don't need to send the message and everytime I open windows live mail, this error message regarding an unable to compete task shows up. How do I ge...

Deny Access to Mailbox
Is there any way to deny access to a mailbox for specific users? Essentially my problem is that I want to prevent dom admin A from being able to read dom admin B email from either Outlook or directly from the server. Thanks. neither domain admin should be able to access the other's mailbox...what version of Exchange? do they have SA explicitly or via a group? "Tyler" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:008b01c3b8f4$20379370$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is there any way to deny access to a mailbox for specific > users? > > Essentially my ...

Purchase Order Entry Error Message
While in version 8.0g34 and Purchase Order Entry window opened. User accidentally minimized the window instead of closing the window. User closed window while minimized and the following message appeared. Unhandled script exception Object has no reference EXCEPTION_CLASS_SCRIPT_BAD_PARAM OK User clicks ok approx. 10 times and the window finally closes. Why does this happen? Perhaps a fix should be applied. Thanks! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree...

C++ runtime error
When I open Outlook I get the following error: ______________________________________ Mcrosoft Visual C++ Runtime Libary Runtime Error! Progam: C:\Progra~1\Micros~2\Office10\Outlook.exe This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information. ______________________________________ I have already tried to run a repai and to uninstall and reinstall and I still get the same error. Any ideas? I GET THE SAME MESSAGE, BUT IT HAS ONLY STARTED SINCE I UPGRADED TO NORTON ANTIVIRUS 2004 TRIED NUNERO...

Conversion error
Hi, I have a table called stats that has the following columns: jobname, ahours, aminutes, aseconds, amilliseconds. I need to get an average of each job ran but I need to be able to concatenate ahours, aminutes, aseconds, amillisecons into one column. I am trying to run a simple query: SELECT JobName, CONVERT(NVARCHAR (100),(AVG (AHours) + ':' + AVG (AMinutes) + ':' + AVG (ASeconds) + ':' + AVG (AMilliseconds))) AS 'Average Time' FROM stats GROUP BY JobName I am getting the following error: Msg 245, Level 16, State 1, Line 1 Conversion failed whe...

problems with toolbar-can't access certan commands i.e.hyperlink
can't access some commands - was working fine - now some commands are in grey - the commands disappeared from the pull down in the commands bar. Help magnus wrote: > can't access some commands - was working fine - now some commands are in grey > - the commands disappeared from the pull down in the commands bar. The hyperlink option may only appear when you are creating a Web Publication in certain versions of Publisher. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org Trial version? You may have run out of time. Some pulldowns only work when you are creating a ...

Visio Error
I was working in Visio on a document and I accidently hit my power switch (the one on the floor on the cord) and my PC turned off. When my machine rebooted and I tried to access the same Visio file, a message tells me that I cannot access the file because it is NOT a Visio file???? I tried renaming it, didn't help. This is the second time this happened to me and I can't understand why the program is not recognizing the file. It's very frustrating....does anyone have any answers to this? - Sally Another option is to turn on "Autorecovery" It will automatic...

Where did windows 7 forum go ????
????? Why doesn't M$ just create another room HERE for Windows 7 like they always did to their new OS'es? I don't know about you guys, but I'm TIRED of signing up to hundreds and hundreds of badly designed web forums. Each one requiring my e-mail address (for later spam) and different password rules. -------- Original Message -------- Subject: Microsoft Responds to the Evolution of Online Communities Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 12:26:53 -0700 (UTC) From: nntp@microsoft.com Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general Date 5/4/2010 Starting in early sum...

SpellCheck Will it work on the Access 2007 Runtime?
I have a program that I have compiled. It has the following. Private Sub cmdSpellCheck_Click() Me.Call_Notes.SetFocus RunCommand acCmdSpelling End Sub Is this going to work on a runtime or will I need a full version of Access to use it? You can simulate using the runtime of A2007 quite easily for testing. To do it, change the extension of the file from accdb to accdr. Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP -- Melbourne Victoria Australia "Avid Fan" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message news:ulRyIhQ4KHA.4804@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I have a program t...

Restricting Domain Logon w/OWA Access
I have multiple general mailboxes in exchange 2003 and would like to deny local logon access to the domain while allowing owa access to these e-mail accounts. I tried solving the problem by allowing only logons to the domain controller and the exchange server from these general mailboxes, but I receive access denied while attempting to log onto owa. Please help... ...

Newbee needs help Combo Box access 2007
I have a access 2000 project that would all me to create a combo box the added the following code , so the values from the combo box would be stored in the current form . also when typing the code below access 2000 would bring up the code string example when typing me.s it would bring up the value "shipper" from the field list is this feature gone or just turned off on my copy Example of code From Access 2000 Private Sub Combo 40_AfterUpdate(cancel As Integer) me.shipper = me.combo40.Column(0) me.Address = me.combo40.Column(1) error This error occurs whe...

Error saving Excel files in a network drive
I have a problem saving Excel files onto a network drive. I get an error saying it was imposible to save the file. It creates a temporary file and then I have to open it and save it as a new document. This issue doesn�t occur saving the file in my hard disk. This happens with "Full control" access to the shared folder... I have Windows XP and Office 2000. Thanks in advance Mateo. Hi Mateo, > I have a problem saving Excel files onto a network drive. I get an error > saying it was imposible to save the file. It creates a temporary file and > then I have to open it and sav...

Calculate Checks Error
I have a client that has a problem when calculating payroll checks. They built the batch and everything was fine. They checked the sheet for errors-which there were none. Then they went to Calculate payroll and the screen came up with No warnings and No errors. But when they hit the OK button they received the message "The checks cannot be calculated, errors were found when building the check." The user then logged in as user sa and was able to calculate checks without the error. Any suggestions on why the user receives the error? Thanks, Jocelyn "Jocelyn&q...