How to upload multiple batches of photos?

Can't find how to upload multiple photos at once.  One at a time takes
forever.

Also, how does one rename the Home Page photo folder?
0
Gary
2/24/2010 11:20:50 PM
windows.live.photogallery 29 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"Gary Gary" <blah@blah.blah> wrote:

>Can't find how to upload multiple photos at once.  One at a time takes
>forever.
>
>Also, how does one rename the Home Page photo folder?
You can select as many photos as desired by holding the shift key and left
clicking each. To select multiple contiguous photos in the Gallery, hold shift,
left click the first, then left click the last. All in between will now be
selected. Then click upload and proceed.
What "home Page" photo folder are you referring to? There is none in Windows
Live Photo Gallery.
-steve
--
Stephen Boots
Microsoft MVP - Windows Live
>> Can't find how to upload multiple photos at once.  One at a time takes
>> forever.
>> Also, how does one rename the Home Page photo folder?

> You can select as many photos as desired by holding the shift key and
> left clicking each. To select multiple contiguous photos in the Gallery,
> hold shift, left click the first, then left click the last. All in
> between will now be selected. Then click upload and proceed.
> What "home Page" photo folder are you referring to? There is none in
> Windows Live Photo Gallery.

Steve, you might try lengthening your line length. Its crazy narrow and
things are a mess when replying.  I had to un-truncate (if that's even a
word) it so its more readable.
The Home Page photo folder is on the first page when you click Photos in
Windowslive.com.  (OK - I created another folder, then I could delete the
Home Page folder.  Its probably the default folder when you first use the
program.
As for adding photos, when I click the Choose button it only allows one
photo at a time.  Once I click a file, the window closes no matter if I
have shift down or not.  Tried it in both Opera 10.10 and Firefox 3.5.8.
Am I doing something wrong?  This is usually how I select files for
uploading.
0
Gary
2/25/2010 5:12:56 PM
Ah! You are referring to http://photos.live.com
Using IE, you can upload multiple files. In Opera, you are getting the standard
single file upload.
Since you posted to the newsgroups for the installed program, Windows Live Photo
Gallery (from http://download.live.com) I thought that was what you were
referrring to.
Your display issue with my posts is probably also an Opera issue. I see that you
are using the Opera Mail client, which I have never used. I am using Forte Agent
to post and it posts a very standard 80 character line length. My posts display
just fine in Agent, Windows Live Mail, and a number of other newsreaders that
I've used to view the newsgroups.
-steve

--
Stephen Boots
MVP Windows Live

>>> You can select as many photos as desired by holding the shift key and
>>> left clicking each. To select multiple contiguous photos in the
>>> Gallery,
>>> hold shift, left click the first, then left click the last. All in
>>> between will now be selected. Then click upload and proceed.
>>> What "home Page" photo folder are you referring to? There is none in
>>> Windows Live Photo Gallery.
>>
>> Steve, you might try lengthening your line length. Its crazy narrow and
>> things are a mess when replying.  I had to un-truncate (if that's even a
>> word) it so its more readable.
>> The Home Page photo folder is on the first page when you click Photos in
>> Windowslive.com.  (OK - I created another folder, then I could delete
>> the
>> Home Page folder.  Its probably the default folder when you first use
>> the
>> program.
>> As for adding photos, when I click the Choose button it only allows one
>> photo at a time.  Once I click a file, the window closes no matter if I
>> have shift down or not.  Tried it in both Opera 10.10 and Firefox 3.5.8.
>> Am I doing something wrong?  This is usually how I select files for
>> uploading.
>
> Ah! You are referring to http://photos.live.com

That's it! Though now, Microsoft, in their insanity, has forwarded
live.com to bing.com.

> Using IE, you can upload multiple files. In Opera, you are getting the
> standard single file upload.

Nope.  I'm using IE 7.0 so maybe its too old?

> Since you posted to the newsgroups for the installed program, Windows
> Live Photo
> Gallery (from http://download.live.com) I thought that was what you were
> referring to.
> Your display issue with my posts is probably also an Opera issue.

Perhaps.  Though its surprising you're posting with Forte.  Guess its
probably Opera's fault.  Oh well, Opera isn't so great for managing lots
of messages.

> I see that you
> are using the Opera Mail client, which I have never used. I am using
> Forte Agent
> to post and it posts a very standard 80 character line length. My posts
> display
> just fine in Agent, Windows Live Mail, and a number of other newsreaders
> that
> I've used to view the newsgroups.

I've always thought it odd that people buy immensely wide monitors then
use 1/3 of the available width with email and usenet.  :)
0
Gary
2/26/2010 8:00:57 AM

>>> Steve, you might try lengthening your line length. Its crazy narrow and
>>> things are a mess when replying.  I had to un-truncate (if that's even a
>>> word) it so its more readable.
>>> The Home Page photo folder is on the first page when you click Photos in
>>> Windowslive.com.  (OK - I created another folder, then I could delete
>>> the
>>> Home Page folder.  Its probably the default folder when you first use
>>> the
>>> program.
>>> As for adding photos, when I click the Choose button it only allows one
>>> photo at a time.  Once I click a file, the window closes no matter if I
>>> have shift down or not.  Tried it in both Opera 10.10 and Firefox 3.5.8.
>>> Am I doing something wrong?  This is usually how I select files for
>>> uploading.
>>
>> Ah! You are referring to http://photos.live.com
>
>That's it! Though now, Microsoft, in their insanity, has forwarded
>live.com to bing.com.

The custom page, my.live.com is being redirected and I assume www.live.com is,
too, since it was always only the search page, now changed to Bing from Live
Search.
Have you tried http://home.live.com - not very customizable, except for new
feeds - "headlines" - easy access to all Windows Live properties, though.

>> Using IE, you can upload multiple files. In Opera, you are getting the
>> standard single file upload.
>
>Nope.  I'm using IE 7.0 so maybe its too old?
It should not be. The multiple file upload is handled with the Windows Live
Upload Tool, which needs to be installed.

From Help:

Add photos or files to a folder by using the Windows Live Upload Tool
Sign in to the Windows Live SkyDrive website with your Windows Live ID, and then
click All folders.
Click the folder that you want to add files to.
If the folder you want to add a photo or file to is in the Documents section,
click Add files.

�or�

If the folder you want to add a photo or file to is in the Photos section, click
Add photos.

If you haven't already done so, install the Windows Live Upload Tool.

Here is a blog post about the Windows Live Upload Tool, which is an ActiveX
control:
http://msftandthefuture.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!1CA34B674D84900!2207.entry

>> Since you posted to the newsgroups for the installed program, Windows
>> Live Photo
>> Gallery (from http://download.live.com) I thought that was what you were
>> referring to.
>> Your display issue with my posts is probably also an Opera issue.
>
>Perhaps.  Though its surprising you're posting with Forte.  Guess its
>probably Opera's fault.  Oh well, Opera isn't so great for managing lots
>of messages.
>
>> I see that you
>> are using the Opera Mail client, which I have never used. I am using
>> Forte Agent
>> to post and it posts a very standard 80 character line length. My posts
>> display
>> just fine in Agent, Windows Live Mail, and a number of other newsreaders
>> that
>> I've used to view the newsgroups.
>
>I've always thought it odd that people buy immensely wide monitors then
>use 1/3 of the available width with email and usenet.  :)

That's because I have loads of windows open on my desktop. I never use Forte
Agent in full screen. ;-)
-steve

--
Stephen Boots
MVP Windows Live
Windows Live OneCare/Live Mesh/MSE Forums Moderator
sboots@mvps.org
0
StephenB
2/27/2010 12:59:15 AM
i will never understand why Microsoft has to make things so complicated.=
   =

Where do I go to write a blog that people can subscribe to that I would =
 =

use Windows Live Writer to upload with?

 =

  =

os  =

  =

if  =

>>> Ah! You are referring to http://photos.live.com
>>
>> That's it! Though now, Microsoft, in their insanity, has forwarded
>> live.com to bing.com.
>
> The custom page, my.live.com is being redirected and I assume  =

> www.live.com is,
> too, since it was always only the search page, now changed to Bing fro=
m  =

> Live
> Search.
> Have you tried http://home.live.com - not very customizable, except fo=
r  =

> new
> feeds - "headlines" - easy access to all Windows Live properties, thou=
gh.

>>> Using IE, you can upload multiple files. In Opera, you are getting t=
he
>>> standard single file upload.
>>
>> Nope.  I'm using IE 7.0 so maybe its too old?
> It should not be. The multiple file upload is handled with the Windows=
  =

> Live
> Upload Tool, which needs to be installed.
>
> From Help:
>
> Add photos or files to a folder by using the Windows Live Upload Tool
> Sign in to the Windows Live SkyDrive website with your Windows Live ID=
,  =

> and then
> click All folders.
> Click the folder that you want to add files to.
> If the folder you want to add a photo or file to is in the Documents  =

> section,
> click Add files.
>
> =E2=80=93or=E2=80=93
>
> If the folder you want to add a photo or file to is in the Photos  =

> section, click
> Add photos.
>
> If you haven't already done so, install the Windows Live Upload Tool.
>

> Here is a blog post about the Windows Live Upload Tool, which is an  =

> ActiveX
> control:
> http://msftandthefuture.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!1CA34B674D84900!2207.=
entry

>>> Since you posted to the newsgroups for the installed program, Window=
>>> Live Photo
>>> Gallery (from http://download.live.com) I thought that was what you =
 =

>>> were
>>> referring to.
>>> Your display issue with my posts is probably also an Opera issue.
>>
>> Perhaps.  Though its surprising you're posting with Forte.  Guess its=

>> probably Opera's fault.  Oh well, Opera isn't so great for managing l=
ots
>> of messages.
>>
>>> I see that you
>>> are using the Opera Mail client, which I have never used. I am using=

>>> Forte Agent
>>> to post and it posts a very standard 80 character line length. My po=
sts
>>> display
>>> just fine in Agent, Windows Live Mail, and a number of other  =

>>> newsreaders
>>> that
>>> I've used to view the newsgroups.
>>
>> I've always thought it odd that people buy immensely wide monitors th=
en
>> use 1/3 of the available width with email and usenet.  :)
>
> That's because I have loads of windows open on my desktop. I never use=
  =

> Forte
> Agent in full screen. ;-)
> -steve
>
> --
> Stephen Boots
> MVP Windows Live
> Windows Live OneCare/Live Mesh/MSE Forums Moderator
> sboots@mvps.org
0
Gary
3/1/2010 9:55:45 PM
http://spaces.live.com is natively supported and free.
Windows Live Writer support authoring blogs for Wordpress, Blogger, Typepad,
LiveJournal and many other types of blogs.
Microsoft isn't making anything complicated. Windows Live Spaces came first as a
free blogging site. Other blogging services have existed for some time. Windows
Live Writer was created to make it easy to publish to your blog. If you don't
have a blog, the only type of blog that Windows Live Writer will help you set up
an account for is Windows Live Spaces. In Writer, click Blogs, add Blog account.
-steve

--
Stephen Boots
MVP Windows Live
Windows Live OneCare/Live Mesh/MSE Forums Moderator
sboots@mvps.org
0
StephenB

1 word doc, multiple tabs
Other people have referenced a tabbed view to be able to view multiple documents at one time. Really Windows 7 taskbar takes care of this. I, on the other hand, want to see multiple tabs within 1 document like Excel. Example of use: I'm thinking about writing a book, and I have SEVERAL scenes in my head. Right now I would have to create SEVERAL word documents to get them all down, then create a main document and copy and paste stuff back and forth as I write. With a single tabbed document, I could write all my scenes as individual tabs, then "link" them to the m...

Data Import w/ Multiple types of delimiters
I'm working on a database that will import files that contain multiple types of delimiters (~, * & ^). Each of the different types of delimiters indicate the start of a different section. How do I specify that there is more than one type of delimiter? Everything I see only allows one type. Does this have to be done through VB? Thanks! Yes, it would have to be done through VBA (Visual Basic for Applications, which is what Access uses, not VB) -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "John W" <jw2554@yahoo.com> wro...

CRM Integration 1.2 for Great Plains
The CRM Integration 1.2 for Great Plains seems to only support integration between one Great Plains company databse and an installation of CRM. Does anyone know if it is possible to integrate more than one Great Plains database to a CRM installation using the the standard CRM Integration 1.2 for Great Plains and Biztalk server. CRM <=> GP Integration only supports integraiton to one GP company DB. >-----Original Message----- >The CRM Integration 1.2 for Great Plains seems to only support >integration between one Great Plains company databse and an >installation of CRM....

Accounts with multiple Relationship Types
Hi all! With some of our company' s Accounts we have multiple Relationship Types (eg. a Reseller can be a Customer too etc). How can we insert this information in Microsoft CRM 1.2? Is it necessary to create custom fields in the Account Form? Thanks a lot! Elena Galiatsou Athens, Greece You could choose a "primary" relationship type from the combo box, and then add a memo field to track additional relationship types. Not elegant, but I think it's the best you can do with version 1.0/1.2. Mike "SiEBEN Innovative Solutions" <newsgroup@sieben.gr> wrote i...

Merging multiple excel files into a single doc
I've got about 40 excel documents. Each contains the same number of columns, and 25 lines worth of data. Rather then have 40 files, I'd like to have a single file with the data from each of the indvidual files all on this single file. Up until now, I've opened each doc, done a copy paste from the original doc into a master doc. This was ok for a while, but it appears this may be a regular thing I'll need to do. Is there any way to automate this process. The files will all be the same, in number of lines of data and number of columns. Thank you I like this way be...

upload a document with photos?
I am trying to attach a word document that has three photos in it. It is only one page but it is taking 3-4 minutes to download. I need to do this a lot faster, is there a way to speed up the download of the document? 1. Zip the document to make the file smaller. 2. Use a graphics program (such as www.irfanview.com) to crop and reduce the resolution of the pictures so they contain fewer bytes, before inserting them into the document. 3. Pay more to get a faster internet connection. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be ...

import multiple identites from outlook express to outlook 2003
How do you import multiple Outlook Express identities (mail and settings) into Outlook 2003? After installing Outlook 2003, it only imports the files from the main Outlook Express identity. Outlook does not use identities so it will not recognize them. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer mhat <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | How do you import multiple Outlook Exp...

Help! All my Publisher photos have stopped showing up!
Publisher was working fine at the beginning of the week and now I opened it up today and it will not show any photos. Nothing from templates or that I insert. I have tried to repair the office suite and I have reinstalled the program as well and neither of those things helped. I have also emptied all my temp. internet files because that once stopped my clipart from appearing, but that didn't help either. Please help! I use Publisher way too much to loose it. LKS wrote: > Publisher was working fine at the beginning of the week and now I opened it > up today and it will n...

multiple Personal Folders #2
I have a standalone win 2000 pro system using Outlook 2000 and I'm getting multiple Personal Folders for a user profile. How can I delete them and point the profile to a pst file on the disk? Thanks. Have you already tried right-clicking the root folder of each file (in the Folder List) and clicking Close? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:O37$8%23%230DHA.4064@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl, SAC wrote: > I have a standalone win 2000 pro system us...

Cell extraction from Multiple worksheets
Hi group, I am new to this newsgroup and am hoping that you can help me out. I took a software/hardware inventory of all the computers in my work's network and imported them all into excel, in their own worksheet. So I have one file, with 128 different worksheets, all containing similar information. What I would like to do is create a new sheet, a summary page, where I can pull the value of the same cell from each sheet and list them. I need to have a list of each computer, with computer name, cpu speed, video card, serial number, ect. If the values that I am searching for are in the same...

auto batch with edc
Allow RMS to schedule a time to "auto settle" the EDC transactions that occured throughout the day! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=828b698b-6a47-...

COUNTIF across multiple sheets
I have a workbook that has five sheets - September. . . January. I have a range of cells (D6:D17) where I need to count the occurrence of specific text from all sheets . For example: In D6:D17 sheet September has four cells with "fries", two with "malt" and two with "shrimp", the balance of cells in the range are empty. In D6:D17 sheet November has four cells with "malt" and all other range cells are empty On a sheet named Total I want to total the occurrence of "fries", "shrimp" and "malt" on all sheets in the workbook. ...

how to configure multiple email id's in multiple folders
Try posting your Q in the body, and explain what you are trying to achive, together with your version of OL and if its an exchange setup "Ram" <Ram@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D0E40903-7D84-49F2-9F91-F97EAB741806@microsoft.com... > ...

Uploading Form Problem
FP 2003 / win xp / URL of form is : http://www.icingpictures.co.uk/online_order_form.htm Just set up a form and am trying to get it to work - got the following error message... Form Validation Error Please correct the information you provided by following these steps, then submit the information again: * A FrontPage File Upload component is incorrectly configured. Please set the MIME encoding type for the form to be multipart/form-data. Return to the form. I do not usually have problem spublishing - server does have frontpagr extensions - i have tried to look in t...

insert multiple page Word document into Excel
How do I insert a multiple page Word document into Excel so that I can view the pages by scrolling down the spreadsheet without opening or editing the Word document? Hi this is IMHO not the way Excel will work (and I doubt this is possible) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "S.W." <S.W.@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:D7087D76-A4F3-46BB-90A9-FEB054B24AEB@microsoft.com... > How do I insert a multiple page Word document into Excel so that I can view > the pages by scrolling down the spreadsheet without opening or editing the > Word doc...

Supporting multiple human languages (e.g. English, French, ...) in MFC UI
What's the best approach to supporting multiple languages in an MFC application? I'm expecting to have to have different builds, but I'd like it to be efficient if possible. Thanks. TimHunt, In my experience, for two (or three, if it is one small app) languages, having resources for the different languages in the same exe is ok. More than that, resource DLLs is the way to go. Johan Rosengren Abstrakt Mekanik AB "TimHunt" <timwhunt@yahoo.com> a �crit dans le message de news:On918c3lDHA.2488@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > What's the best approach to supporti...

Multiple emails being sent
Using XP Professional and sometimes recipients get multiple copies - 20 - 30+? What's the fix? ssicfo wrote: > Using XP Professional and sometimes recipients get multiple copies - 20 - > 30+? What's the fix? Get rid of the superfluous e-mail scanner in your anti-virus program. It affords no additional protection beyond the on-access scanner. ...

Accessing Uploads via Cable modem instead of Telephone ISP
I recently changed ISP providers from AOL (telephone) to a broadband cable provider but can't seem to find the way to get money 2002 to recognize this change. Has anyone run into this before? Do you have any suggestions how to switch from AOl to cable modem ISP. MATT What uploads are you trying to access? Money should use any available internet connection unless your bank's online banking requires a dialup connection. You might also review your connection settings in Internet Explorer to confirm that you don't have "always dial my default connection" checked. --...

Multiple xpathexpression with Namespacemanager
Hi Have created an xml document with an xmltextwriter with a namespace, so it can be validated against an xsd schema. Later in my application, I want to extract values from the xml and am using xpathexpression. Because I have a namespace in the xml, I have to use the xmlNameSpaceManager and comile an xpathquery as below: objXMLXPathNav = objXMLXPathDocument.CreateNavigator() '//Add namespace manager 'Dim objExpr As XPathExpression = objXMLXPathNav.Compile("ns1:root/ns1:element1") 'Dim objNamespaces As XmlNamespac...

multiple AND statements
I need to test a cell with about 20 different conditions like so: IF (A1 < 5)(A1 >= 5 and < 10) ....etc. What is the proper syntax for this? Would I be better off writing a function? I read that a VBA function is MUCH slower but that is not really a problem. Gale Gorman Houston , try =if(and(a1>5,a1<=10,1,2) "Gale Gorman" <ggorman@houston.rr.com> wrote in message news:BHXmb.10024$xv4.1395@twister.austin.rr.com... > I need to test a cell with about 20 different conditions > like so: > > IF (A1 < 5)(A1 >= 5 and < 10) ....etc. >...

Outlook 2000 multiple deliveries?
Why do my sent emails in Outlook 2000 sp3 deliver to the recipients multiple times? I sent a 1 mb email to 4 people and they recieved it over 20 times. It does not happen with small messages but anything near 1 mb or more, I use comcast as my isp. Also it hangs in my outbox for long periods of time as well. Any ideas how to fix?? Comcast says they do not support Outlook only Express. Comcast should be able to tell you what their maximum message size is, though. Sounds like you're hitting a limit. If you send these messages one at a time, will they go out? Chuck wrote: > Why do m...

Multiple Data Validations continued...
Thanks Frank, but I have dozens of options. Is there any way besides using VBA? I have 4 Data Validation lists, 3 of which use the INDIRECT function. Once the last list is chosen, I need a value entered automatically in the adjacent cell. ie: If cell E2="Standard Oak", then I need the number 5 in cell F2 If cell E2="Standard Maple", I need the number 6 in cell F2. etc. Any help would be appreciated. joe Hi Joe frist please stay in the original thread - makes it easier to contionue For multiple options you may use VLOOKUP. e.g. you have a separate sheet (lets say ...

Inserting multiple rows #2
Hi, I woould like to insert about 6 rows to the bottom of my spreadsheet. Is there an easier way to do this besides inserting one at a time. Thanks. If you want to insert 6 rows between row 10 and 11, say, select the row identifier for row 11 then drag down until 6 rows are highlighted. Then simply Insert | Rows. Hope this helps - you can do the same thing for columns. Pete Select six rows first, then go to insert row. That will insert 6 rows all at once. HTH -- Sincerely, Michael Colvin "syssupspe" wrote: > Hi, > I woould like to insert about 6 rows to the bottom ...

Multiple instances of Outlook #3
MS Office pro 2003 SP2 Situation: One PC multiple users. Normally logged on to PC and network as MainUser. One Outlook-account "MainUser" and 5 accounts "User1" etc. Normally we are logged on to Outlook with the account MainUser. By closing and restarting Outlook we can log on to any other of the accounts. Question: Is it possible to have multiple instances of Outlook open at the same time so we can view both MainUser and e.g. User1?? knut Outlook can only run under one MAPI profile at a time. XP's Quick user switching might allow you to run it multiple tim...

Poor quality of photos inserted as files
Version: v.X Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have had an ongoing problem with random poor quality of photos inserted into Word documents as files. The photos appear normal in the document on the display, but half of the time when they are printed, they look like they have a resolution of 50 dpi. This problem has occurred using several different printers, both laser and ink jet. The problem does not appear consistently. I have tried to massage the photos with Photoshop Elements but that has no effect. I end up having to print the photo pages in the documen...