wrong display name

Why is my messenger displaying my name from web from my Live profile??? I've
never checked any box that allows to take name from web. I want to use my
custom name that I set in my messenger client.

And if I wanted to change my name in Live profile in home.live.com then it
refuses to accept special characters that I've been using for years in my
messenger client.

There is something broken, you know, and please fix it as soon as possible.

Thanks!
windows.live.messenger 427 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Greetings,

There are instances where it can change your name to what's in your live profile in
Messenger, but you can just change it back and it should stick.

Your name in other people's "What's new" feeds will show the first name specified in your
Live profile however.

However, just out of curiosity, what is the character the profile site isn't accepting?

--
Jonathan Kay
Microsoft MVP - Windows Live Messenger

"Local" <Local@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Why is my messenger displaying my name from web from my Live profile??? I've
> never checked any box that allows to take name from web. I want to use my
> custom name that I set in my messenger client.
>
> And if I wanted to change my name in Live profile in home.live.com then it
> refuses to accept special characters that I've been using for years in my
> messenger client.
>
> There is something broken, you know, and please fix it as soon as possible.
>
> Thanks!

0
Jonathan

Changing Exchange Admin Server Name
I'm trying to change my exchange server's name, but am having problems. I am running Exchange 5.5 and I can see where to change the name but have no editing capabilities. Is it possible to change the server's name? If so, how exactly do I go about it? If you rename your server, your Exchange services will not start...renaming an Exchange server requires uninstalling and reinstalling Exchange...you will lose all your directory information...why would you want/need to do this? "Faemoon" <Faemoon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:15A60295-8DC3-...

Problems with updating category names in pivot tables
I have an issue with pivot tables, previously my pivot table contained months where each month was written like "January, February" etc, but now I have changed the way the months are written to "01-january, 02-february". My problem is that even though the data with the old month names no longer exists in the pivot table, the pivot table still provides "January, February" etc. as filtering options in the month category. I've tried updating the pivot table but it doesnt help. The only way i've been able to get rid of this was by creating a new pivot t...

Spell Check should notify me if I keep spelling a word wrong
Spell Check is a fantastic tool, however, is not helping us to improve our grammar and spelling. As more and more children are using computers as a tool for education, their misspelled words are constantly being corrected (sometimes automatically) by Word which is not encouraging them to learn how to spell and use grammar correctly. It would be great if Word could notify us if we keep spelling the same word incorrectly or keep making the same grammar errors. I would like to see a pop up that indicated how many times I have spelled a word incorrectly. As an advanced tool it...

Display 4 weeks of data
Hello all, I am trying to create a query in which data is displayed for the current month beginning with the first day of the week, first week of the month and ending with the last day of the week, last week of the month. In example: Today is Friday June 1, 2007 but the first day of the week would be Sunday, May 27, 2007. I would like the query to show data between 5/27/2007 through 6/30/2007 -OR- 4/29/2007 through 6/2/2007 for the previous month... Does anyone have any ideas? First day of the current month is DateSerial(Year(Date()), Month(Date()), 1) Last day of the current month...

Matching Names
Hi, I have a spreadsheet that contains a long list of staff names with data as follows: A B C Month Employee Name Monthly Salary From this list I want to create another 11 lists of monthly joiners and same for monthly leaversas follows: Monthly Joiners Lists: February Joiners March Joiners Employee Name Monthly Salary Employee Name Monthly Salary Under Employee Name I need a formulae that picks staff appear in February for the first time, and same applies for March, April, etc. Month...

how would i change default user name all excel files
I am doing a learn direct course and had to use the help facility with question; Find out how you would change the default user name for all excel files. If somebody could help please email me on georginacambridg@aol.com Tools|Options|General Tab and modify the "user name" box learner wrote: > > I am doing a learn direct course and had to use the help facility with > question; > Find out how you would change the default user name for all excel files. > If somebody could help please email me on georginacambridg@aol.com -- Dave Peterson ...

Named cells to R1C1
I have worksheets with formulas referencing cell names. Is there any way to easily convert the formulas from cell names to cell references? TIA George George Through VBA can be done easily. See the various codes at this google search result. http://snipurl.com/7qnj Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 15:56:04 -0700, "George Wilson" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have worksheets with formulas referencing cell names. Is >there any way to easily convert the formulas from cell >names to cell references? >TIA >George ...

Subform Not Displaying Datasheet View
Hello, I have an unbound subform contained in one tab of a 2 tab control. When the subform is requery'd after using the RecordSource property, it is displayed in a form format rather than a datasheet format. Any suggestions on how to format properly? Thanks in advance for your assistance. aerotjk Hi, Check that you set default view of sub form to datasheet. -- Best regards, ___________ Alex Dybenko (MVP) http://accessblog.net http://www.PointLtd.com "AEROTJK" <AEROTJK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C233C15B-2510-49CB-A8F2-...

Image in Signature Does not display
When you use a default signature that includes a .jpeg format, the message recipient sees a placeholder image instaed of the signature. If you manually insert the image in the email message, the image is displayed properly. This only happens on one of our computers. Any suggestions ? Hmmmmm.... could it be that the image is on a server on the first PC and on the local HD on the other? Or, the option "Send pictures with messages" is turned off on the first and on on the 2nd PC. Try looking for that in Tools - Options - Send/Compose - HTML Settings. Ooh BTW: don't send p...

Display a range of dates in a calendar
How can I show a range of dates in a pop-up calendar ?? Let´s say I want to show the range between 2010-03-10 and 2010-04-02 with a different color than the other dates in the calendar. How to do ??? -- Thanks in advance for Your help Have a look at the Flex Grid Appointment-Bookings Demo at :- http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=21&SID=5debzz2c87c6957859f13b1d2zcccfb4 Peter Hibbs. On Sun, 14 Mar 2010 11:32:01 -0700, Leif Thorsen <LeifThorsen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How can I show a range of dates in a pop-up calenda...

Named Range, hidden row, auto-filter & macro buttons
My named range starts w/Row 14, which is hidden. A macro button inserts a new row below 14 so users may enter a new record. There are several reasons I’m doing it this way. 1) Inserting a new row between 14 & 15 ensures my named range is never altered, 2) Row 14 has conditional formatting that is copied onto Row 15 - keeping fields yellow until data is entered, and 3) the new record is always entered directly below directly below column titles. Aside from entering records I want users to be able to easily navigate through the large list or create custom narrowed down...

display value axis on both sides
I'm trying to display the y axis on both the left and right side of the chart; is this possible, and if so, how to i go about it? thanks. This requires having a primary and secondary axis. The minimum requirement here is to have two series. The best way to manage this is to add a range to the worksheet using, say, the first two X values for X, and the minimum and maximum values in all of your Y data for Y. Add this range to your chart as a new series. If your main chart is a column chart, change this series only to a line chart type (Chart menu > Chart Type); otherwise use the s...

X axis date
Hi I'm using Excel '97 (Yeah, I know, but it's all I can afford at the moment) I want the X axis to always display a month beyond the latest date, so that the line graph stops short of the right hand side. I can get the Y Axis of value to stay ahead of the game by a consistent amount, but the date defaults back to the latest date when Auto for Max value is ticked. Is this possible? Will I have to use VBA? Please clue me in. Thanks Dave F. Add a series to the chart. It can consist of a single point, where the date is calculated as the maximum in your date column plus 30, an...

how to print reference label name in excel for comments?
I have chosen to print comments at the bottom of my spreadsheet the problems is it only gives the cell reference number. If I am looking at a printed version I would not know what cell it is refering to. I then labeled (reference) each cell but it still does not print out the name of the cell. How can I print out the label name oppose to $b$3$? Go to Print, Page Setup, Sheet, and select (under print), row and column headings. This will print out the headings just as you see them on your monitor. HTH Carole O "Needhelp" wrote: > I have chosen to print comments at the ...

Can I set up AutoComplete not to forget names for 30 days?
Outlook's "AutoComplete" for cc, bcc etc... seem to remember email addresses for a few days only. Can we extend the time? Thx Autocomplete does not "forget" names. The autocomplete cache stores up to 1000 names. What version of Outlook are you using? "MagicMusic9" <MagicMusic9@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8657EEE7-74B2-4E3B-8DB8-5037F739E7F3@microsoft.com... > Outlook's "AutoComplete" for cc, bcc etc... seem to remember email > addresses > for a few days only. Can we extend the time? > > Thx > ...

Chart.Name lives forever?
At the beginning of the code I blow away any chart objects I find with Dim co As ChartObject For Each co In mySheet.ChartObjects co.Delete Next And for good measure (this is probably all you have to do) mySheet.ChartObjects.Delete Afterwards, Chart.ChartObjects.Count is == 0 Later, I review the charts on the sheet with For Each co In ws.ChartObjects sTitle = co.Chart.Name MsgBox ("has the name " & sTitle) Next Only one chart is found, but it's name is incrementing. This leads me to believe that I really didn't b...

Dynamic Name Ranges in data validation
When I make a dynamic name range (with OFFSET) and use this in a data validation list, no error message appears when I manually type in data in the data validation cell. I don't have this problem with normal name ranges. Is there a way to solve this? Hans Hi Hans normally this should work. Can you post your name formula -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Hans wrote: > When I make a dynamic name range (with OFFSET) and use > this in a data validation list, no error message appears > when I manually type in data in the data validation cell. > I don't have thi...

How do I get the extended file name of a file including server?
Using XP. I want to send file locations or shortcuts in an email rather than the actual file. How do I obtain the full extended file name including the server name and not just "G:" etc. so that other people in my workgroup can click on the file name and access the file immediately. If I understand correctly, you want to insert a link to a file rather than attach the file? This is assuming that the file is located somewhere that everyone can access it? (for example not in a home drive that only you have permission to) -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tip...

what's wrong with xml post code?
Hi Trying to get this code to work for http xml post. I need the post to be xml (doc.outerxml) sent in single key name as stream. The following is the post code and code for receiving the request. When it hits the "myresponse = myrequest.GetResponse()" in the post code - I'm getting following error: "The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error". I don't know if I have something wrong with the post or receiving it on the other end. Right now I'm trying to write it in .net 1.1. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Cindy Dim...

Person Name smart tag Performance Problem
Dear all, I'm writing a Person Name smart tag for the persona menu in Outlook and am creating dynamic caption with the IsCaptionDynamic() function. However, there is a noticable delay when popping up the smart tag("Additional Actions") Sub-menu. At first I suppose the VerbCaptionFromID2() function is only called as many times as the number of verbs, but then I noticed that it is called about the "square of number of verbs" times. I'm wondering if this behaviour cause pop-up slow. Is there any way to reduce the calling times? Thanks in advance~ Regards, Albert H...

Search All worksheets for string & Create new Whorsheet with the Original Sheet Name and some cells.d some
I am running Excel 97 SR-1. Here is what I want to do: I have a workbook that has many worksheets- all the sheets are in the same format. I would like to be able to search through the entire workbook and copy all rows that contain my "FIND DATA" to a new worksheet. The find data is really a name. Here are the specifics - The new worksheet would have the original(found) worksheet name in cell A, and all the data from the original cells ,in cells B through J, put in cells b through J. I am working on a macro to do this, but I am not having too much luck. I have searched this group...

OWA NOT DISPLAYING CORRECTLY
Hello. I'm having issues with Outlook Web Access. It won't display properly. Exchange is working fine, but the icons in OWA weren't showing up. I changed some permissions to try and fix it and now it just looks all funky. Does anyone know a way to repair permisisons on owa, or know of anything else I should do? Thanks. You just seeing a bunch of X's where the icons should be? To fix this, I'd recommend simply running through a reinstall of Exchange. It will reinstall the binaries and re-register all the OWA stuff properly. It should take all of about 10 minutes...

mass definitions of cell names
Ok, I have a problem. I have to name a large number of cells in different sheets. I'm hoping that there is a way in a macro, or some other way to define these in an easier way other than one by one. Here is an example: 1 2 3 4 1001 --------- --------- --------- --------- 1002 --------- --------- --------- --------- 1209 --------- --------- --------- --------- 1210 --------- --------- --------- --------- This would be the column and row headers for the cells. Below is how the...

Displayed addresses
How do I use a distribution list, but only have the recipient's address displayed on his email, i.e, send to multiple adressees, but hide the list from the recipient. You are describing a mail merge to electronic mail, not a message to multiple recipients. You can only use a DL for the latter. Outlook uses Word for performing mail merge functions such as Form Letters, mailing labels, envelopes, and fax or email merges. For an overview of these functions take a look here: http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/printlabel.htm -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Guinn" <guinnclark@p...

Can one change the font or format of a sheet name?
I have a large workbook using Excel 2003. I would like to format the tabs/sheet names so that certain departmental divisions are easily highlighted/identified. Ideally, the tab names could be a different font, bold, and in a color... Right Mouse Click on the sheet name > Tab Colour> select colour you want "KMcGrail" wrote: > I have a large workbook using Excel 2003. > > I would like to format the tabs/sheet names so that certain departmental > divisions are easily highlighted/identified. > > Ideally, the tab names could be a different font, bold, ...