Windows Live Messenger no longer starts silently

WLM is set to run on startup, and I would like it to continue doing so,
however it has suddenly started popping up on startup instead of running
silently until I want to open it to sign on.

Any help is appreciated.
windows.live.messenger 427 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Greetings,

This is actually an option, so it's possible it got triggered on.  You can turn it off again
(assuming this is the problem), by opening any Messenger window, pressing the Alt key on the
keyboard to bring up the menu bar, choosing the Tools menu, then Options, click the Sign In
category, and then uncheck 'Open Windows Live Messenger main window when Windows Live
Messenger starts'.

--
Jonathan Kay
Microsoft MVP - Windows Live Messenger

"Papachungo13" <Papachungo13@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> WLM is set to run on startup, and I would like it to continue doing so,
> however it has suddenly started popping up on startup instead of running
> silently until I want to open it to sign on.
>
> Any help is appreciated.

0
Jonathan

Windows Time Causing Exchange Crash
I am running Exchange server 2003 sp2 on windows 2003 sp1 with two domain controllers running 2003 as well. The problem is exchange will periodically quick working, I get a windows system event saying it cannot do an LDAP bind with either of the DCs when I restart windows time service on the DCs email starts going again. Time is in the right Time zones and set correctly on all servers. Any suggestions? Thanks Can we see complete unedited event from event log? What happens after you get that event? jspr wrote: > I am running Exchange server 2003 sp2 on windows 2003 sp1 with two >...

Why does IE always open minimized windows when opening a new window?
When I minimize a window, to refer to later, and then open another window, the minimized window opens to full screen for a few seconds before the new window appears. Why can't IE not open a new window without maximizing some other window at the same time? Is there a solution to this problem? Kathy -- scrimaglia Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com scrimaglia wrote: > When I minimize a window, to refer to later, and then open another > window, the minimized window opens to full screen for a few seconds > before the new window appears. Why can't IE not ...

Cannot delete one message in Windows Mail
A message fron Sen Feinstein to an individual copied to me can not be deleted ? On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 13:43:18 +0100, John Kirby wrote: > A message fron Sen Feinstein to an individual copied to me can not be > deleted ? You have posted this message to the wrong newsgroup. The access in this groups name refers to Microsoft Access, a database program. Please repost to the correct newsgroup for whatever program you are using. I would suggest you include your Windows version number in the message. -- Fred Please respond only to this newsgroup. I do not reply to personal e-mail ...

living church of God
Satan's counterfeit Christianity one of the booklet that I have been reading I would like to get a copy also the Bible truth.Tomorrowsworld please send copies to address---Cor. of xeres and pipecon Rd Carlsen Field Chaguanas Trinidad W.I ...

Removing SRS when exchange 5.5 server no longer exists
I have inherited a nightmare of an exchange installation. Initially, the exchange 5.5 environment was upgraded to Exchange 2003. However, before the Exchange 5.5 server was successfully removed from Exchange, it was turned off and taken out of the network. As a result, previous administrators have attempted many different things to remove all references to this server from Exchange/AD. However, this first Exchange 2003 server is itself now to be decommissioned, but I can't uninstall exchange because it detects Site Replication services as being on this server "You can not unins...

Windows too large
System specs: Vista Business Intel Core2Duocpu t5470 NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS I was having problems seeing the fonts inside the windows and the icons on the desk top. I customized the DPI to 144. This made the widows too large. When I went back to the DPI page to change back to 96 DPI, I couldn't reach the buttons on the bottom of the page to apply the change. The other problem is that the task bar is too large. It covers the bottom of the page. Again, I can't change it because I can't reach the apply buttons on the bottom of the page. I need to make the changes bec...

Workflows not starting automatically with one user
I am having an issue where workflow rules that were created and worked fine in 1.2 are not start automatically in 3.0 for one user (me). I can manually start the rule and it's fine and others can do the same action that should start the rule and it works for them..just not me. My research tells me is probably related to me being an administrator and/or being an administrator when I created the rules. I've also been told to look at the user that the CRM workflow service runs as and make sure that service account has the correct privaleges-which it does. I am just not sure w...

Coexsistence GroupWise 6.5 and Windows 2003
I have done couple of these migrations from Groupwise 5x to windows 2000 or 2k3. Now I researching on a up and coming project to do migration from 6.5 to 2k3. There seems to be an issue GroupWise API is old technology and seems it is not supported. Let me rephrase that you cannot create it using ConsoleOne and maybe i can getway with using the older Snapins say from GW 5.5 for NWAdmin. I see the utility by Novell Gateway for Exchange, has anyone used that for migration? any issues ? do you recommend using that? Or I am wrong into thinking that is a solution? Is there something develo...

missing file and save as options in live mail
Hi everyone Running windows 7 on a new computer and trying to save an email in live mail when i highlight message there is no "file" or "save as" option given in my right click options menu. or "file" "edit" options on my toobar. I want the option to save one message at a time on a seperate drive independent of a system backup. The right click options in WLMail do not offer a "Save as" function. That problem is compounded by another quirk. The Menu bar (File / Edit / View / Go / Tools / Actions / Help) is also hidden by...

After reboot Exchange Services Fail to Start
I have three new servers, a DC, and two additional domain controllers. One of the additonal domain controllers has Exchange 2003 running on it with SP2. Each time I reboot the server, the logon prompt warns that services could not be started. Upon inspection of the Event Log and Services, it appears that the Inforamation Store, MTA stacks and Attendant never start. This is even after making the 1st, 2nd, 3rd failure to restart the service. Event ID: 8026 LDAP Bind was unsuccessful on directory <<machinename>>.<<domain>>.local for distinguished name ''....

Outlook 2000 won't start
After fighting spyware for 2 days last week, Outlook 2K has stopped running on a Win2K machine. I can see the calendar & appointments when starting, but an immediate error pops up that says "Operation Failed" then the program crashes. We've tried the inbox repair tool (no problems found), uninstalling and reinstalling Outlook, command line Outlook safe mode. It still won't start. Possibly related problem: in Control Panel | Mail... we can't pull up the profile. When Mail is clicked, nothing happens, so we can't edit, delete or add a profile. Any suggesti...

To change the application to start if i run a hyperlink
I have on a notebook a cell with a hyperklink to a image of .jpg type. When i click on hyperlink, excel (2003) run Internet Explorer 7 application, bat i want to open and to run Picture Manager application. On my desktop, for the sames conditions, run Picture Manager: Can i change on the notebook the application to open my .jpg file (Picture Manager instead I.E. 7)? Thanks for your help P.S. Scuse me for my incorrect exposure Giuseppe, Try this (For Windows XP): Open your "My computer" choose Tools / Folder Options... "File Types" tab, then select JPG files and in t...

Is tooltip window
Hi all, I am having an HWND, using this how can i able to get whether it is a tool tip window ? thanks in advance. Regards, Umesh P <kbnumesh@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1176702297.777421.285420@d57g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... > Hi all, > > I am having an HWND, using this how can i able to get whether it is > a tool tip window ? > Call GetClassName() and compare it to the tooltip class name (whatever that is). -- David ...

IE 8 secondary window problem?
Hi, Not sure this is the right place to post this question; if not I'd appreciate a link as to where to do it. Problem (if it is a problem, well, for me it is a problem!) is that when I'm on a page in IE 8 and click on something that opens in a second window (like a news article), the second window is about 1/3 the size of the full window. I have to enlarge it to see the whole article, video, or whatever. This gets a bit repetitive, and I'd rather have the second window open to full size but can't figure out if there's a setting to control it, and if so, which ...

Windows is not currently managing your wireless network
We have two computers in the house, one connected by wire to the router, and one via wireless. Of course they were set up by our kids.... Today I had to unplug all the wires and plug them back in again. Since that time the wireless computer hasn't been able to connect. In START/Connected to/Wireless connections we see the connection we expected. Status - Connected Network - Hunt's Corner Signal Strength - 5 bars When I go to the providers speedtest website we have excellent speed. That all looks good, But if I click the "View Wireless Networks" b...

starting a database
hi! i am a beginner in making a database, and we have this project at school in making one. can anybody help me out in starting a database? first of all, i want to ask how to make and where to put codes in my database. by the way, i'm using ms access 2003. thanks. i hope you can help me. "maan" <u41464@uwe> wrote in message news:7fe6eb1477c33@uwe... > hi! i am a beginner in making a database, and we have > this project at school in making one. can anybody > help me out in starting a database? > > first of all, i want to ask how to make and where to ...

cross administrative group move windows 98
We recently installed exchange 2003 in our organisation. We are now running in mixed mode with exchange 5.5. We are not able to do a cross administrative group move for mailbox of all windows 98 users. (from exchange 5.5 to exchange 2003). Any idea? Eric Lajeunesse <eric.lajeunesse@saputo.com> wrote: > We recently installed exchange 2003 in our organisation. We are now > running in mixed mode with exchange 5.5. > We are not able to do a cross administrative group move for mailbox > of all windows 98 users. (from exchange 5.5 to exchange 2003). > Any idea? Ask in th...

Starting a HTML file from MFC application
Hello, i want to launch a HTML file with a browser from a MFC application. Is there a function for that? Thanks for any clue! Kai Sandner >i want to launch a HTML file with a browser from a MFC application. >Is there a function for that? >Thanks for any clue! Kai, Use the ShellExecute(Ex) API on the html file. Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq Thanks Dave, it works peferctly under XP. When i tried it under Win98 it did not do anything. According to the MSDN it should be compatible for Win95 and above. Kai Sandner >it works peferctly under XP. >When i tr...

Answer to the most annoying problem of Windows 7
This message was posted here because: 1. I couldn't find any newsgroup on Microsoft Communities for Windows 7 (which I believe is an absolute must) 2. the program mentioned at the end would also work for Vista. From day one of upgrading to Windows 7, I was faced with the unpleasant reality that Win7 doesn't remember the size and position of folders. To further torture me, for some reason unknown to me, it began to restrict some programs' windows--such as IE , Outlook, Chrome, and a few other--to a fixed size and position, not allowing any change no matter how many times...

Windows Event Log Reader (not server based)
Fist, I already know about "Log Parser" and all the sever-based Event Log utilities. What I would like is a simple GUI utility to read/view SAVED Event Log files. Anyone know of such a utility (non-server)? NOTE: I do have a shortcut in my "SendTo" folder that runs a Command using "Log Parser" but this is a workaround. Command start-------------- cd \EventLogArchive "C:\Program Files\Log Parser 2.2\logparser" "SELECT ALL * FROM %1" - i:EVT -o:DATAGRID Command ends-------------- "\EventLogArchive" = C:...

Publisher won't start from Start menu
Its happened before and I can't remember how it was put right (by a nice lady on here if I recall) but I double click my shortcut for Publisher in the Start menu, and...nothing. I have to go into C:\Program Files\office to click on the thumbnail thedre before it'll work. Anyone know how to fix this ? Right click MSPub.exe, Drag the Publisher icon from the Program Files to the desktop or Quick Launch, click "Create shortcut here". -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Phil K" <philk001@gmail.com> wrote in message news:33526F5B-7319-4771-8E3D-4E937F...

Windows Messenger fails to load
I know most of you think that Windows Messenger loading with Outlook Express is a curse, but I think its rather neat. However, when I installed AOL's Messenger, I accidentally set it to be the default messenger. This caused AOL messenger to load up instead of Window's Messenger when I open OE. However, i set default back to Windows Messenger (through addremove progs, set defaults). But when i get to Outlook Express, when i go to Tools > Windows Messenger > send instant message i get the following error: "Internet Explorer Install on Demand failed to install Windo...

How to end a column, type a paragraph/title, then start back?
I am typing a document that has titles for each section, but the section themselves are in 2 columns. I can't figure out how to make the column "end" so I can type the new title (lengthy) and then restart. I set the column back to 1 and that works while typing the title. However, when I restart columns, it puts my title in the first column (even though there are hard returns between). Clear as mud? Any suggestions? You need a continuous section break at each point where you want to change the number of columns. This is covered in the "Multicolumn sections ...

pop up window and sound on deleting a message
How can I stop the pop up the window and sound when you delete a message in windows mail?? It wasn't doing it yesterday when I synchronised email address' with windows mail ... It is a problem as if you receive a lot of messages there are a lot that you have to delete and I do not get this on gmail or hotmail .... another question is: I don't get a popup or sound when I delete messages. Exactly how are you deleting the messages? Are you deleting from the Inbox? --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com...

Start Detail Line Counter at 2, but increment each line by 1
I have a report that I need to list the detail records with a numbering sequence starting at number 2, but incrementing only by 1. Can this be done using the controlsource property of the text box used to display the number? Create a text box to display the counter, and in the control source of this box write =IIf([CurrentRecord]=1,2,1) So if the current record will be the first one it will start with two, other wise it will add 1. The text box RunningSum Property change it to "Over All" -- Good Luck BS"D "Crossh" wrote: > I have a report that I need to...