Windows Live Messenger Failed because the service is temporarily u

I am getting an error code as well while trying to login.  I have not found
any reference to this error code on the web or in the microsoft database.
Error code is 8e5e044d.
windows.live.messenger 427 articles. 1 followers. Follow

can u convert a mac font to pc for me? (reply and i'll send it to ur e mail)
I doubt anyone will respond positively to your request. Fonts are usually copyrighted, and converting them would be a violation of that copyright. This is especially true if the font is a commercial font. Can you not find a Mac equivalent? I believe I've run across freeware converters for just this purpose. You might try versiontracker. I know I found something to convert some fonts I absolutely needed in a bind (but I have since forgotten). "serdar" <serdarsoy@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:elqKvj0cFHA.1356@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > > In addition,...

Sorting and Grouping Window has stopped popping up
Access sort and group option has stopped working for some reason. Re-installed Access, no help. Any ideas? I have to build a new report, using the report wizard, to access the grouping and sorting options. It's quite a handicap. sdcasch, When you say has stopped popping up, there is a button on the Menu Bar that will hide/unhide that dialog... Has that stopped working? -- Gina Whipp "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors II http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm "sdcasch" <sdcasch@disc...

Check this Out -- Our service is simple, list your home with us and you only pay if we sell it. It is as simple as that. We do not ask for a sole agency tie-in period, putting the onus on us to prov
Check this Out -- Our service is simple, list your home with us and you only pay if we sell it. It is as simple as that. We do not ask for a sole agency tie-in period, putting the onus on us to provide excellent customer service and a successful sale at the right price. www.shopndiscount.com ...

IIS OWA HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable
We rebooted the Windows 2000 server. Now when we try to access OWA, after the log on screen we get the error page ""HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable". IIS 5 was restarted but we still get this error. I tried to create another virtual HTTP server in Exchange to make another web site but again we get the "HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable". Do you know what we can do to fix this? Here is the fix!! http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;883380 >-----Original Message----- >We rebooted the Windows 2000 server. Now when we try to >ac...

Excel Services Publish
I have a 64 bit client (Windows Server 2008) and my colleague has Windows 7 64 bit client. We are trying to publish an Excel 2007 document to MOSS, which is running under https, and is sitting on a 64 bit operating system. We keep getting the "File Not Saved" error when we try to publish from our clients. However, a 3rd colleague has Windows XP 32 bit and can publish the same exact Excel files just fine up to the very same MOSS location we tried on the 64 bit clients. Can someone from MSFT confirm that this is an issue with 64 bit clients? Can you present a solut...

NG for Windows Mail?
Is there a newsgroup for "Windows Mail" ? Michael microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail "Michael Moser" <michael.nospam.moser@nospam.freesurf.ch> wrote in message news:6CFD2FBE-3D7A-4835-9617-399A2587CE9B@microsoft.com... > Is there a newsgroup for "Windows Mail" ? > > Michael > > ...

RMSHQ on Windows Server 2008
Anybody have experience running the RMS Headquarders Server & Client on a Windows Server 2008 operating system? We are looking to upgrade our application server to Windows Server 2008. On this server i would need to be able to run the RMS HQ Server and the HQ Client application. Just curious if anybody has good or bad news about running these applications on Windwos Server 2008. Thanks in advance for your feedback. -- Regards, Andy Miller DirectPOS - Boise, Idaho andym@directpos.com (208) 376-8121 x244 www.directpos.com I'm not sure yet but we run HQ v1.2 and just p...

Managing Popup Reminder Windows in OL2000
Hello everybody. I get a lot of popup reminder windows because I set a lot of follow-up flags on my email messages. Sometimes I have a whole stack of them cascaded on my screen. If I don't want to deal with them right away I minimize them. My question is: Is there any way (option, rule, VBA, whatever) to have these reminder windows appear automatically minimized? Thanks in advance for any help. DDM ...

Ability to merge windows into tabs and move a tab into a new windo
I often find myself wishing that I could do two things with IE: 1) Take two IE windows, each with one or more tabs, and merge them together into a single window with the tabs from both. This would help reduce clutter in my taskbar. 2) Take a tab and convert it into an IE window of its own as often times I want to be able to see two web sites at the same time (side by side), which I can't seem to do if they are tabs in the same window. Either that or some sort of 2 page view where you can see two tabs side by side and can navigate each separately. Would like to se...

Process Id for Service
I have spent hours looking for this and just can't find how to to get the process id of a service running on a given machine. I have a service As System.ServiceProcess.ServiceController in hand but I can't seem to connect the dots to get the correct Process Id. We have multple instances of the same app running for different customers and I need to know at a glance which instance is connected to what Process Id. Anyone know how to do this? Tom C wrote: > We have multple instances of the same app running for different > customers and I need to know at a glance which ins...

How do you obtain a Window Handle?
I am a beginner and having a very difficult time with some tasks. Does anyone have a COMPLETE example of how to obtain the handle of a Child window in VC++ 6? All the examples I have found contain incomplete information. It is as-if one needed to know the handle to the window to obtain the handlt to the window. I've tried ever process I can find in my MSDN Library and they all seen to compare with a cat chasing it's own tail. Take a look at the CWnd::GetWindow() member function. You should be able to pass GW_CHILD and then GW_NEXT in a loop to get all the child windows of a given...

Starting a service from the command line?
Is there a command line syntax to stop/start or restart the "Microsoft Exchange MTA Stacks" service? We are finding the connector for 2003 to 5.5 is slow and restarting the service helps. I would like a comand line so I can make a batch file to schedule every 2 hours to stop/start or restart the service. Thanks. "G-Man" <g_foreman@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:110pct4sk7a0m10@news.supernews.com... > Is there a command line syntax to stop/start or restart the "Microsoft > Exchange MTA Stacks" service? > > We are finding the connector ...

previewing windows files in Outlook
Is there a way to preview or auto preview Windows documents using Outlook? I have placed shortcuts to various windows folders on my Outlook bar. When I open the folders in Outlook, there is no AutoPreview or preview pane feature. I would like to view these files in Outlook without having to open each file. I use Outlook 2000. Peter Henderson <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a way to preview or auto preview Windows > documents using Outlook? I have placed shortcuts to > various windows folders on my Outlook bar. When I open > the folders in...

Re-download Office Outlook Live
Hi, I have a current and valid subscription to Microsoft® Office Outlook® Live and the Office Outlook Connection so I can use my Windows Live Mail account with Outlook. I need to reinstall this software to a new laptop but I cannot find where to get this from. And believe me, I have looked. When I originaly subscribed I opted to download the software rather than have it posted to me at home, but even now I cannot see that option available either. Has anyone any suggestions please? did you log into your member account? http://membercenter.msn.com/ -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - ...

windows Xp KB 979909 and KB 982168 updates don't insall
Windows xp updates KB 979909 and KB 982168 continually show up in my notification area, I click to install them it says they have been installed. Yet I continually get a notification that these updates are to be installed. I checked for installed programs and they are never shown. this has been going of for two days now. does anyone have a idea what is going on? TIA See the "How to obtain help" section of http://support.microsoft.com/kb/979909 For home users, no-charge support is available by calling 1-866-PCSAFETY (1-866-727-2338; and/or 1-866-234-6020 and...

Epson TMT88IV call Cash Drawer Fail
I am using USB TMT88IV, i using the opos for call the cash drawer, even check the healthy also fail, anything i want to set up or i want to install for solving this problem thanks. ------------------------------------- ##-----------------------------------------------## Newsgroup Access Courtesy http://www.rockryno.com/ Tax and Accounting Software Forums Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - microsoft.public.pos - 34642 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------## I had a similar problem this summer. After countless hours of testing, I found o...

Service Call Escalations
Hi, I am trying to get service call escalations to work so that an email is sent when an escalation is done. Please help with the steps required. I am using the vs10 fabrikam database. To date I have: 1. Setup a service call escalation - from status Entered to Dispatched assigned to technician NEIL. This technician has been setup to use service the items found under the equipment configuration for the equiment piece on the service call. The technician also has a schedule of 8am-5pm each day. An email address has been setup for this technician. 2. Created a service call and assigned it to...

Human Resources / Payroll Main Window
When clicking on the Human Resources / Payroll button on the left side it doesn't fully present the main Human Resources /Payroll window. For the other modules it works fine. Does someone know of a work around to correct this? Thanks, Kevin It's a known issue. Here's a blog to walk you through fixing it. http://blogs.msdn.com/developingfordynamicsgp/archive/2009/03/18/hr-payroll-navigation-pane-issue.aspx -- Charles Allen, MVP "Kevin" wrote: > When clicking on the Human Resources / Payroll button on the left side it > doesn't...

How to dete items in 'Recent Document' window
When one clicks on the office button, a window pops up showing a long list of previous opened Excel files. I would like to delete those items that reference a CD drive. How do I do that? ed See the Ribbon Tips section on this page (Dictator examples) There is a workbook that you can download with a example to disable the list http://www.rondebruin.nl/ribbon.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "OldManEd" <econgleton@snet.net> wrote in message news:O%23LyAb5jIHA.5956@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > When one clicks on the office button, a window p...

Split window
Is there a way when you split your window to scroll vertically only on one side of the split and not the other? Thanks, Josh -- jspizman ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jspizman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30694 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=504530 No, but try Window>New Window then Window>Arrange>Vertical. You now have two windows that will scroll independently. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 10:51:20 -0600, jspizman <jspizman.2...

I-9 window needs a record notepad
The I-9 window in DynamicsGP HR does not have a record note field. Often times employers wish to attach work verification information or documents and are unable to do this on this window. -- Patrick Anderson, SPHR HR and Payroll Consultant JAT Computer Consulting ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then c...

Problem with CSocket.Create() on windows 2003
Hii i'm creating a CSocket object and calling its Create Method in a DLL and call this dll from an asp page..but i get an exception on Create(). This only happens with Windows 2003. the code is working fine with windows 2000 server. Also when i created a simple MFC dialog based application (exe) and called .Create() for it there..it worked fine even on 2003. Can someone please tell me if there is any issue with the CSockets in windows 2003 calling in a dll and how can it be resolved. I've also tried using CAsyncSocket but the problem persists. Any help is appreciable. Thanx and regard...

Address Window not performing search
I inadvertantly downloaded third party software that kept taking me through their site for internet searches. After 2 hours I finally found the software hidden in my files and I deleted them....I tried the uninstall but it wouldn't work. Now I can't perform searches using the address window on my browser. I've already reinstalled Internet Explorerer...didn't help. Any ideas? Thanks, Allyson This is the wrong newsgroup for this question, but I'll do what I can. I'd be willing to bet it's something like xupiter or something like that. It has a nasty habit...

Rejecting messages that fail RDNS lookup in Exchange 2000
Hello all, new to this group. I have been looking around for information on how to automatically reject messages that fail the RDNS lookup for Exchange 2000. I read in a couple of KB articles that this feature is not included within Exchange. Is there a way, maybe with a utility that someone knows of that would do this? TIA for any suggestions. sjordanmom@yahoo.com (K. Warner) wrote: >Hello all, new to this group. I have been looking around for >information on how to automatically reject messages that fail the RDNS >lookup for Exchange 2000. That's a bad thing to do no m...

DPM 2007 : Failed to update end-user recovery permissions
I have DPM 2007 installed on Windows 2008 SP2 backing up a file server also running Win2k8 SP2 (able to backup other systems without issue) Everytime it runs a sync job it produces a warning which is instantly resolved saying that ================================================ Status: Active Computer: BE-FS-01.ad.domain Description: Failed to update end-user recovery permissions. The operation failed because of a protection agent failure. For more information, open DPM Administrator Console and review the alert details in the Monitoring task area. ======================...