Windows Live Messenger doesn't "remember" me

Hi All,

My Windows Live Messenger doesn't "remember" my username/ID. I click
remember me and then when having signed off I restart it or the computer
again, it doesn't "remember" me. Help!

windows.live.messenger 427 articles. 1 followers. Follow

can I make access remember a last unbound number
I want to 'store' a number (which changes frequently) in an unbound text box, but do not want it stored in any tables. Can this be done? The number is used to reference a user start point, but I want it to still be there when the database is reopened. "efandango" <efandango@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A5F6D14E-3B48-4DD5-8A7E-3C6477AE8B01@microsoft.com... >I want to 'store' a number (which changes frequently) in an unbound text >box, > but do not want it stored in any tables. Can this be done? > > The number is...

Remember Exchange Server Password
I am running Outlook 2003 on Windows 2000 server with Terminal Services. I would like the Terminal Server client to be able to automatically login to their Exchange Server accounts but they are prompted for their passwords each time. I have read that this can be done if you are running Windows XP but does anyone know of a way to do it with Windows 2000? Thanks! i installed windows 2000 in terminal server mode, and exchange 2003, by default exchange knowes the users passwords from when they log into their terminal server connection....i'm not sure what you did to change this? "...

Outlook Can't Remember Password #2
Outlook can't seem to remember my password. I have tried to remove and add my mail account but that does not work. Hi - see if the following helps: For Outlook 2000 or 2002 on Win 98, NT, or 2000: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q290684 For Outlook 2000 on Windows 2000: (CW) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q275465 (IMO) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q259416 For all Outlook versions on Windows XP (just ignore the parts that refer to Outlook Express): http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q264...

How to make Outlook to remember the Email addresses of answered emails?
Dear friends: How to make Outlook to remember the Email addresses of the recipients of answered emails? I was able to do it in an Outlook I had in my previous Notebook for years, but I cannot recreate the same feature in my new Notebook. In my previous Notebook, all the recipient addresses of answered emails were automatically added to an "Answered" Contacts type folder. So, it was very easy to remember them for future emails. Any hint? Thanks Juan I. Cahis Santiago de Chile (South America) Note: Please forgive me for my bad English, I am trying to improve it! Hi Juan, this fun...

remember missing indents?
I have posted several times about this problem and had varying results. The last time around an MS MVP asked that I send the publication which I attempted to do but somehow it was never received and we were not able to connect. Sooo, I am here to try again. I publish a 20 to 24 page quarterly magazine using Pub 02 or 03 (doesn't matter which, same problem). WinXP new computer. Print on a CLJ HP8550gn, auto duplexing. Two columns per page and when I place a graphic overlapping columns I lose the preset left indent on the right side of the graphic. I have to go in manually and set e...

Remember password (registery change do not work)
After updating from Outlook2000 to Outlook XP(2002) OutlookXP keeps asking for passwords for every account :-((( I use XPpro. I have tryed the trix "remove Protected Storage System Provider" in the registery (done by the letter as described in two Q-articles) but it do not help or change anything :-((( Please help -- erik Denmark Does the problem happen under a new operating system userid/profile? "erik" <fox44REMOVETHIS@c.dk> wrote in message news:%23wIdKxBNEHA.3572@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > After updating from Outlook2000 to Outlook XP(2002) OutlookXP ...

IE8 won't remember passwords
autocomplete is not working. It prompts me to save the passwords i enter, but will not remember or complete them when i go back to those sites that have saved passwords "Dieselsmoke" <Dieselsmoke@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EED944EE-F1DD-429B-82D5-0F430E8F717F@microsoft.com... > autocomplete is not working. It prompts me to save the passwords i enter, > but > will not remember or complete them when i go back to those sites that have > saved passwords Sites can disable that. ...

Outlook will not "remember" my password
Outlook will not "remember" my password even though click the option to save my password. Thus, I have to type in my password each time I open Outlook. I use Microsoft Office XP Version 2002. See: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q264672 "randyfinancial" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:044b01c39a75$9d5ee940$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Outlook will not "remember" my password even though click > the option to save my password. Thus, I have to type in > my password each time I open Outlook. > I u...

Live mail does not remember folded threads in newsgroups
Hello to all, I recently switched from Outlook express to windows live mail to be used as a newsreader (and now for rss, too.) Problem When I "fold" a thread in OE it was remembered "folded". If there were new news, just the "main line" (first post in thread) became bold. In Live Mail I can fold a thread, but this is not remembered ! When I start it again, all threads ,with or without new posts, are unfolded again. This makes it VERY hard to find new posts in older thread , because ALL are open again And more worse, you cannot mark all and s...

Entourage will not remember my mail password in keychain

remembering network password
I've got Outlook 2002 and have installed all updates, but whenever I receive email, the screen pops up for me to enter my user name and password. Even though it's already entered there and I put a check in the box to "save this password in your password list", it still comes up everytime there's email to be received and I have to click "OK" every time. I have Outlook set up to check three email accounts. ...

mail folder: modify view
When I create a new custom mail folder view for "all mail folders", my specified view is not remembered correctly in other mail folders. Is this a known issue? Is there a work-around? In an Outlook Inbox sub-folder, I go to... 1: Customize Current View menu item 2: "Custom View Organizer" dialog box opens 3: I create a new table-based mail folder view named "New view" and I select "on all mail and post folders" 4: I click button "Apply View" 5: my custom view is applied as expected 6: I immediately go to another sub-folder a...

mail folder > modify view
When I create a new custom mail folder view for "all mail folders", my specified view is not remembered correctly in other mail folders. Is this a known issue? Is there a work-around? In an Outlook Inbox sub-folder, I go to... 1: Customize Current View menu item 2: "Custom View Organizer" dialog box opens 3: I create a new table-based mail folder view named "New view" and I select "on all mail and post folders" 4: I click button "Apply View" 5: my custom view is applied as expected 6: I immediately go to another sub-folder a...

Can't check "remember password" in microsoft mail
Can't check "remember password" in microsoft mail Microsoft mail is old and unsupported. Upgrade to a newer server or version of Outlook. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Aston asked: | Can't check "remember password" in microsoft mail ...

Outlook 2003 does not "remember' previous email addresses when you type in their first name
Gurus, Using Outlook 2003. I thought Outlook 2003 "remembered" previous email addresses you typed? With people I've emailed before, I'll type their first name and Outlook pops up their address. However, my supervisor also running Outlook 2003 has to manually bring up the address book or type the last name for which Outlook will pop up the correct suggestion(s). He has enabled the following: Tools - Options - Email Options - Advanced Email Options - Suggest names while completing To, Cc, and Bcc fields My supervisor tested this. When he unchecks that box, the automa...

Outlook not remembering passwords
I have just reinstalled XP and Office on a clean formatted disk. Outlook will now no longer remember my email passwords. Any ideas ...

Why is my Excel spreadsheet's sorting not being remembered?
I have a workbook with multiple spreadsheets. As I change/add data, I resort these sheets. One of my spreadsheets defaults the sorting criteria I used in the previous sort and remembers that I use headers. The other spreadsheet used to do the same, but now does not 'remember/default' any of my previous sort information or the fact that the spreadsheet contains headers. Is there a setting that I can change so that this sorting information is remembered? Thanks much, Lisa ...

IE7 not remembering user IDs and passwords
Win XP SP3 & IE7 For a few months now my IE7 no longer remembers User IDs and passwords of sites I go to on a regular basis. Sometimes it will keep the info for several weeks and then suddenly they are all gone. I'm not running any disk clean up routines or clearing temp files, etc so I am baffled as to why they suddenly disappear. For example, several days I logged into PayPal. Every day the last userID used was visible when I went to the PayPal site. Yesterday I opened the PayPal page and the userid field was blank. Same thing happened to Bank of America. Any ...

Remember User Name
I want Windows email to remember by User Name, but not my Password. If I select "Remember my credentials", it remembers User Name and Password. What happens if you don't enter the Password in that field - only enter the Username? "GaryS" <GaryS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1F5C6D87-CB01-4827-9D8E-F0DBA4B9AC08@microsoft.com... > I want Windows email to remember by User Name, but not my Password. If I > select "Remember my credentials", it remembers User Name and Password. Sorry, it is both or nothing. Why don&#...

Remembering User name and Domain when logging on
Hi there, I have setup outlook users that log onto domain A but take their user accounts and exchange server from Domain B. The users log into windows and when they load outlook are prompted for a user name, domain and password. (created in services/exchange server and turning of security) Problem is half of the machines dont remember the user name and domain, and the other half do! its not a version problem cos it happens with 97.04, 97.02 and 2000. I would perfair all users to just have to enter a password can anyone help? ...

The file wont remember the way I left it
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have a work book. I drag the bottom right corner to get rid of lots of right end columns that are showning. close, reopen, those colums are back. Any way to get excel to remember how I like it? thanks! Your sort of doing it right. But no quite. first click on the little green button in the set of stoplight buttons to make the window open to its fullest height and width. Drag to fill screen. Now click again. and this time drag to hide the columns now click the green button to return to full view. the...

RMS POS Find Customer won't remember search fields
I've never had this problem before. The Find Customer form won't remember the search fields from session to session. Within any given session it remembers from the previous search. Exit POS and they're gone the next time you log in. HQ Manager has always been this way, but RMS POS has always remembered which fields were selected in the Find Customer window. Suggestions? Tom -- Stop fishing for e-mail check that u have full access to the RMS registry key -- Ahmed Nashat http://ahmed.nashat.googlepages.com "Terrible Tom" <tomg@GOFISHrobysfurniture.com> w...

Windows Live login password is not remembered across reboots
I enter the Windows live password as I start wlmail, and check the box to say remember it, and indeed it does remember. If I stop and restart wlmail, I will be automatically signed in again. If I log out of my windows account and back in, the password is remembered ok. But if I have rebooted XP the first start of wlmail always prompts me for the password. It didn't always do this, before the password was remember reliably. Any ideas where the password is saved? Could it be in cookies or anything else being deleted by cleanup utilities? Is there any possibility of a li...

What is the main thing to remember to get started in EXCEL?
What are some tips to make Excel easier to understand and employ? Just remember that Excel is not a database, though it can do some database functions, and it is not a word processor, though it can do some word processing functions. Get a good book - one by John Walkenbach would be a good choice: http://www.j-walk.com/ss/books/index.htm HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Mr.Harrison" <Mr.Harrison@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3796CE4E-1D28-4BDD-9D8F-E378C10F892F@microsoft.com... > What are some tips to make Excel easier to understand and employ? if you spen...

remember password #2
When I created a new exchange email account in outlook 2002 I did not check "remember password". I want to go back and check the box. I cannot find it anywhere. I know where it is for POP3 accounts and I even tried deleting the protected storage registry entry that is the cause of some password problems. Any Ideas??? Thanks Bill Galloway You can look at 2 places: Control Panel->Mail Icon. In Outlook-> Tools->Email accounts->View or change after highlighting your Exchange account. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the disc...