Windows live messenger 2010

when will this be out even if it is for a beta release? and is there any way
of knowing what(if anything) will be fixed within that version that is a bug
within the current one?
windows.live.messenger 427 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Greetings,

Unknown to the first question.

As for fixes, we get to figure that out on our own :p

--
Jonathan Kay
Microsoft MVP - Windows Live Messenger

"Rage Skywolfe" <RageSkywolfe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> when will this be out even if it is for a beta release? and is there any way
> of knowing what(if anything) will be fixed within that version that is a bug
> within the current one?

0
Jonathan
5/3/2010 7:36:32 PM
lol alright.

"Jonathan Kay [MVP]" wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> Unknown to the first question.
>
> As for fixes, we get to figure that out on our own :p
>
> --
> Jonathan Kay
> Microsoft MVP - Windows Live Messenger
> MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger
> MessengerGeek Blog: http://www.messengergeek.com
> Messenger Resources: http://messenger.jonathankay.com
> (c) 2010 Jonathan Kay - If redistributing, you must include this signature or citation
> --
>

> "Rage Skywolfe" <RageSkywolfe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > when will this be out even if it is for a beta release? and is there any way
> > of knowing what(if anything) will be fixed within that version that is a bug
> > within the current one?
>

> .

transfering mail from Outlook to my new windows live
I have just upgraded to windows 7 and have windows live for my emails and calendar. How do i tranfer the information on my old computer to my new one. I have outlook on the old computer and want to transfer the emails and calndar info to the new computer. how do I do this? can i do this? With windows 7, because there is so many bells and whistles, I bought Windows 7 Bible by Jim Boyce. Although it costs $40.00 it is well worth it. Your question is answered in detail in the book. -- kdfletcher@snet.net "rodsandmegs" <rodsandmegs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot...

Working with Office Live Workspace
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Does Office for Mac work with Office Live Workspace? ...

double window split?
Can you have a double window split or freeze pane in a excel worksheet? Header rows at top do not move and the footer rows at boottom do not move, the text in between can dbe scrolled. Is this possible? Excel supports one freeze panes or one split. Maybe you can use window|new window followed by window|arrange to do what you want. MMille wrote: > > Can you have a double window split or freeze pane in a excel worksheet? > > Header rows at top do not move and the footer rows at boottom do not move, > the text in between can dbe scrolled. Is this possible? -- Dave Peters...

Windows 7 Discussion Group
Is there one? If so and I missed it I apologize. Thanks "RHinNC" <rhinnc@[get rid of this] hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OEORv3yhKHA.5604@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Is there one? If so and I missed it I apologize. Thanks > There are Microsoft forums, but no Microsoft newsgroups. There is an alt.windows7.general newsgroup, though, if your ISP carries it. -- SC Tom On 12/27/2009 2:51 PM, RHinNC wrote: > Is there one? If so and I missed it I apologize. Thanks > > I have been using the alt.windows7.general which is available a free...

Windows Calendar 05-15-10
I'm using Vista Home Premium. The calendar used to work---that is, it used to remind me about appointments. It no longer does. It will only remind me when the calendar is open. File/Options has "Reminders should show when Windows Calendar not running" checked. Windows Calendar is in the Startup menu. I understand this is a very popular problem but I can't find answers---only people complaining about it no longer working. Can someone direct me to the right source to get this issued resolved? Thank you. Connie ...

Reset Sliding Window Calculation
I am having a tough time with a spreadsheet to calculate Driver's Hours of Service. DOT rules allow a driver 70 hours in an 8 day period. Old spreadsheet would use simple sum for previous 8 days. New rules allow reset of hours to 70 if the driver has 34 consecutive hours off. The only data entry for each day is StartTime and OffTime. These are time formatted and the difference between the two is the HoursWorked. Also the difference between the OffTime and the next StartTime is the HoursOff. If the HoursOff is >= 34 the 70 hours is reset. I am having a tough time with a spreadshee...

Identify active window
I need to be able to identify which program is being used by the user. Getting the active window is easy with GetForegroundWindow but, how do I query that window to find out which program it is? What I mean is, how do I know it is GIMP and not Word? Or IE and not Netscape? If there is no general solution, I need to at least be able to identify Word and IE. Thank you all. I am wondering where you calling GetForgroundWindow and when you calling?after getting HWND a lottoff ways to identify , which program(check caption etc). Alexander wrote: > I need to be able to identify which progra...

Sync Issues After Exchange 2010 Upgrade
Hi all Anyone suggest remedy for sync issues between Outlook2003/2007 and Exchange 2010 please? We run Outlook in cached mode so that users have access to emails on their laptops when not connected to the network or Internet. After our 2010 Exchange upgrade, a sync issue is reported whenever communication with Exchange is broken/restored (closing and re-opening Outlook prompts this). It may be related - some users have reported eratic behaviour when deleting emails - usually it works fine - sometimes the item simply doesn't delete - sometimes the message "Unknown...

window pane size
When I open a message to read or reply, the window pane is too wide. Parts of the message on the right are cut off. And when I reply, parts of the sentence is cut off to the right. How do I adjust the pane size? Any window you want to resize permanently must be the last window closed. Grab the corners of the window and drag it to full screen size. Do not use Maximize. Close all other windows first via the Taskbar and this one last. Windows will remember the size used of the last window closed the next time you open the program. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mai...

Outlook 2000 and Windows 98
I have one server and one domain. Some time back, the server went down and I had to rebuild it. In the process of doing this, I upgraded my Exchange Server from 5.5 to 2003. All of the clients had to be reset on the network. This went extremely smooth until I got to the Windows 98 clients. They can see the network and reach all resources except the Exchange server. I can't get the the profiles in Outlook set up. It won't authenticate the username or server name. Any suggestions? ...

Open Multiple Files In New Windows
I can't seem to find an instruction/direction for how to open Excel files in different windows. I want to compare a couple of charts next to each other and every time I open a new file, it opens it into the previous window, forever leaving me with only one file open. Thanks. Bright Spark Both workbooks are open.......you can just see one of them. Got to Window>New Window Then Window>Arrange>Vertical. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 21:34:41 -0700, Bright Spark <BrightSpark1901@Hotmail.com> wrote: >I can't seem to find an instruction/direction...

Windows Mail
When I try and send mail using windows mail (vista) I get this message I contacted comcast changes all ports etc and no luck. Also when I used to use outlook express and when to file I could change the identity there. I can't seen to find out how and both my email and wifes is going to the same inbox I hope someone has a suggestion. thanks Arthur The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and re...

Need remote Clients to have open SMTP relay with windows authentication in Exchange 2003
Hi all ... first time posting here, but i have been able to find many answers to other questions in the past ... Unfortunatley I may be in a bit over my head with this one. I have about 100 remote users and until now they have not been required to send email over SMTP to domains out side of ours. Now we have a directive from above to allow relaying from dialup and remote users but need to setup SMTP authentication. Current config ... Server: Windows 2003 server Exchange 2003 server SP1 Firewall permitting any traffic on ports 110 and 25 Security options for SMTP in the System Manager is se...

can we configure kerberos after installing sharepoint 2010 on web
Hi We installed SharePoint 2010 on a small web farm (2 servers) without following the setup instructions. we are facing the double hop issue. the setup guide says that we should configure kerberos before installing sharepoint, but we can't go back right now. can we configure kerberos after installing sharepoint 2010 on web farm? ------=_NextPart_0001_A01EA0AB Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello LemonwithMint, You can easily configure Kerberos after installing SharePoint as well. Kerberos would basically require following: - Web applicat...

Windows Installer
I am using Windows VISTA 64 bit O/S Occasionally I am getting this error message when I restart my computer 'Windows Installer is not correctly installed' Thank you in advance for your support and suggestions, HankL ...

Table window Size
Any way to make Access 2003 remember the size and position of a table window? As it does with queries. Regards Kungen <klashjortstam@telia.com> wrote in news:1190993934.749281.64590 @k79g2000hse.googlegroups.com: > Thanks for trying to help. I'm talking about the windows for the > actual tables when working with them in access. Everytime I reopen a > table it covers the entire workspace and I have to adjust the size, > which is time consuming and annoying. Saving while the window is open > doesn't help. But I guess there is no way to work around this minor >...

HELP! Outlook pauses when closing a window
I hope I am posting in the correct place. I have a problem which only occurs on one machine (of two) in a small network. Both are connected to a little IMAP server, but this one machine "pauses" (actually does a time-out eventually) after replying to a message and then closing the original message. It doesn't do it on every message (but there seems no common thread). The other machine (same hardware and software) does not exhibit this behaviour. Have switched to Outlook Express at the moment - that also seems okay. Anyone got any ideas? I have re-installed Outlook and deleted t...

Windows Live Mail #2
Ok, I've been a happy user of Outlook 2000 for a long time, but have liked what I see so far of the Vista version of Windows Mail. There is a similar version for XP called Windows Live Mail which looks the same. This may be OT, but as I am an Outlook user, maybe asking here may be helpful. My favorite features of Outlook are Rules, Calendar and Tasks. Are these features available for Live Mail or is there a plug-in? If not, I am happy with Outlook. Thanks. -- marx404 _________________ "marx404" in <news:g497t3$1sl$1@registered.motzarella.org> wrote: > Ok, I...

Windows Media Player in Windows 7
With Windows Media Player 11 in Windows Vista, when i have a movie in .avi and the subtitle .srt (Both Files with the same name), i can see the movie with subtitle correctly. With Windows Media Player in Windows 7 Ultimate i only see the movie without subtitle. What is the Problem? Version of Media Player in W7 - 12.0.7600.16415 Best regards and thank you for your answers. Curious Hi, Windows 7 uses a new type of video decoders (called Windows Media Foundation) as opposed to the DirectShow filters used in Vista. No matter what decoders (K-lite codec pack, ffdshow, etc.) y...

Windows KB2092914 Update stalled
Hi, Windows update stalled on KB2092914. There was no error message. This is for Microsoft Works which I do not use. I was able to install all other updates of the 8/11/2010 set. Now each time I shutdown I am asked to run the update and shut down. I would like to remove the download of KB2092914 so that I don't get this message. How do i do this? Dell Studio laptop running Vista Ultimate 64 bit SP2 -- Frank C Dell Inspiron 530S Win Vista Ultimate 64 bit SP2 Dell studio laptop Win Vista Ultimate 64 bit SP2 HP Photosmart D7260 "Frank C" <FrankC@discus...

where's automatic formatting in outlook 2010 calendar?
I use automatic formatting in Calendar a lot to colour types of appointments. The option is not there in 2010 - anyone know if this is deliberately cut? It's there, its called conditional formatting now. Look on the view tab for view settings (or create new views under change view) -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NE...

Formatting problems on Mac Excel 2004 of Windows 2003 Spreadsheet
Spent last two days researching internet to try to find out why I'm having all this trouble getting my Windows 2003 Spreadsheets to print properly on a mac, using Windows Excel 2004. Comparing printouts of each: Mac seems to: 1: Interprete the font somewhat larger (20 %) 2: Displays and prints column positioning much larger (wider) Net result: Often 4 pages (2 wide, 2 high) instead of 1. The main usage of the (15) WorkBooks (each having at least 10 WorkSheets) is and will remain in the Windows environment. Therefore, I'm hoping there is a way to run the workbooks on ...

IE8
IE8 won't open links (for example, links displayed by a Google search). If I use "Mysearch", the links will open. However, certain links on certain websites refuse to open as well. -- John P See the Answer post by OnyXxL in this thread: http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/InternetExplorer/thread/e312e580-1cbc-496b-8c6b-b69b8535a7bb Tip => Since MS in its infinite wisdom decided that there will be no Win7-specific newsgroups [What were they thinking?], primary support for Win7 computers will be found in these forums: http://social.answers.micr...

Windows 2000 cleints view the calendar incorrectly after tzmove is run
The wierd part of this is they show up with odd times. I have a user that shows all appointment off by 6 hours and 33 minutes for example. I think the time bias one the local machine was wrong when the tzmove tool was run. Now I need to find out if there is a way to force tzmove to update the meetings. I have confirmed the timezone information in the registry is correct but when I try to run tzmove it tells me there are no meetings to change but the meetings still apear wrong. Other thing I noticed is if I open the meeting the summary text in the middle of the meeting is correct but location...

Outlook requires Messenger
Can anyone tell me why Outlook & Outlook Express now force Messenger to pop up? I don't want to use Messenger. The confusing thing is that it pops up with Outlook Express on my XP system (which has Office 2003 installed), which is _exactly_ the same version of OE as installed on my Win2K system (with Office XP). However it doesn't pop up on Win2K Thanks - Brian Long Just go to program files/messenger and rename msmsgs.exe to msmsgs.old. Have not seen messenger since. "Brian Long" <brian_long@newsgroups.nospam> wrote in message news:eishDqnPEHA.556@TK2MSFTNG...