Problems with Windows Messenger User tagged as being Offline.

Hi:

I am having aa problem with the setup for an Audio/Video (A/V) connection
with Windows Live Messenger.

We are trying to communicate wirelessly with two HP laptops
(Laptop 1 and Laptop 2).

Here are the configurations for the two users, User 1's laptop  (Laptop 1)
and User 2's laptop (Laptop 2).

User 1's laptop: Laptop 1 (HP G60-533CL)
OS:  Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium
Windows Live Messenger (Version 2009 Build 14.0.8089.726)
On sign-in screen: User 1 signs-in as "Available".
When started, Live Messenger comes up as follows:
Favorites (1/1)  User 2
Groups   (0/0)
Available: (1)   User 2

User 2's laptop: Laptop 2 (HP dv6500z)
OS:  Windows Vista 32-bit Home Premium
Windows Live Messenger (Version 2009 Build 14.0.8089.726)
On sign-in screen: User 2 signs-in as "Available".
When started, Live Messenger comes up as follows:
Favorites (0/1) User 1
Groups   (0/0)
Offline     (1)   User 1

I have to start Messenger from Laptop 1, and then connect to it with Laptop 2.

How/where do I adjust settings so that Messenger for Laptop 2
starts like Messenger for Laptop 1,
with User 1 being "Available", not "Offline" ?

Thank you...

--
DaleB
windows.live.messenger 427 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Roaming Office Errors for Network Users
We have had ongoing issues with Word and Excel, both v.X and 2004. In Word, the problem is usually a Disk Full error, with Excel it is usually a Document not Saved error when the user saves. Our users are network accounts on Xserves running 10.4.9 and clients are both PPC and X86 Macs, running 10.4.7 - 10.4.9. All user IDs are unique and managed via Open Directory. The problems arise typically after the user has been working with the file for some time. In the Word situation, the error pops up unexpectedly, while the Excel error only pops up on a save. In both cases, Word and Excel f...

signing in to windows live id failed
I cannot log into Windows Live Messenger. I get the following "We can't sign you in to Windows Live Messenger. Signing in to windows live messenger failed because the service is temporarly unavailable. Please try again later". This has been happening for the past 2 days and also appears to be affecting outlook connector as it keeps asking for a password. Solution found in Windows Live Solution Centre. As follows: Symptom: User experiences a sign in failure with error 80048820. Cause: Invalid characters in the first name of the user’s profile ...

Problem inserting a node with a namespace
This is so silly I must be doing something wrong! I need to insert (using VB.NET) a new node in a DOM; node has a namespace. I first create, under programme, basic structure, starting thus: <rdf:RDF xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/" xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#" xmlns:prism="http://prismstandard.org/namespaces/1.2/basic/" xmlns:pcv="http://prismstandard.org/namespaces/1.2/pcv/"> Then I attempt to add a node with rdf namespace prefix. My call in skeleton is: CreateElement("rdf", "subje...

problem carrying over values
I have one form that has a button I''ll call it form1. The button looks at a text box for an ID and if its null it opens form2 and creates a new record in form2. If the text box is NOT null, it will go find the ID that's in the text box and filter it in form2. When the new record is created in form2, I need the ID to be put into the NULL text box in form1. I know how to do this however, if you open form2 on its own, then the error msg comes up that it can't find form1. I know why I'm getting this error, but don't know the fix for it. Is there a work around? Thanks...

Realteck 5.1 (6 channel) sound problem
Hi, I have finally got round to connecting all my speakers up to my fairly new PC. I have a Soundblaster desktop 5.1 speaker system and my new mobo, aa ASrock N68PV-GS, has 3 rear connectors for the onboard Realtek ALC662 system. I connect up my 3 cables, Front Green to Green on the mobo, middle black/blue and the centre/bass pink/orange to the mic in. The Realteck control panel objects to this mic connection. No matter what I try I get everything via the two front speakers. All is set up to 5.1 in the control panel, I have checked all my cables are well seated and in good ...

clistctrl::InsertItem() and clistctrl::setitemtext() issue in windows xp
Hi, I've been developing an application on windows 2000 (sp3) for the past few months. Turns out we'll have to support the app on windows xp too. I tried running the app on xp but have run into a problem. The text I'd like to display in my list control doesn't show up on XP. Basically, when an UpdateAllViews() is sent from the document, the list view's OnUpdate() function calls InsertItem() and SetItemText(....) to display the information. This works with no problem on windows 2000 but I'm having a hard time figuring out why it's not working on XP. Any ideas? Thank...

No Windows Updates for IMF Showing After Configuration
Howdy, I've configured IMF (Win2kSP1/Exchange SP2) set it Globally and in the Virtual SMTP server, as well I've set the registry entry required. Have a reboot etc. I'm not able to see the IMF definition update via Windows Update. Assuming I've gotten all the base requirements down, what else could be the issue? Thanks, Dan Foxley Check your %systemroot%\system32 folder. Does it have MUWEB.DLL? If not, go to the Windows Update web site and "opt-in" for using Microsoft Update. Windows Update (default with Windows OS) only updates the OS. -- Bharat Suneja MVP -...

License Problem
I have networked two macs and purchased and installed two copies of Office:Mac (2004). I now find that my second mac is reading the license info off the first one and not allowing me access on the second one. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software on the second mac at least a dozen times, then discovered Microsoft's instructions "Error message when you try to start an Office 2004 for Mac program: "Microsoft Office 2004 is already in use". So I followed those instructions at least a dozen times to remove the Office 2004 for Mac licensing information and it has not...

Problem with code that inspects thread context and dumps stack trace
Hi! Some years ago, I had to debug a Java application that had a deadlock problem. It wasn't so hard, because I've been told about a JVM command (now, I don't even remember how to activate it!) that dumps the status of all threads in an app, including "what they are waiting for" (locks). Now I'm in the "real" world of C++, Win32 applications and MFC (no virtual machines around!). We have many multithreaded applications: what if some bug causes a dedlock, e.g. in a test scenario? We must inspect it, and I'd like to have a tool to simplify my life. Does s...

Problems adjusting to XP
I'm a moderately experienced user with two complaints: 1) I accidentally set the 'recently used file list' to zero, and I meant one. In the Options or wherever it is, now, the box is grayed out and I can't get it re-set to 1. Halp!! 2) 97% of my work is with mini-databases which I prefer to have in Excel, and the new Excel keeps reminding me and scolding me for having text labels which appear to be numbers [duh!!] And it scolds me when I sort. How can I tell Excel to stop treating me like an idjit? -- Regards, P D Sterling www.pdsterling.us 1) No Idea 2) Tools>...

Code stops for one user, like it has a breakpoint
I have a user where the code stops at this line like it has a breakpoint, but it doesn't. There is no issue on my system. myUserName = Environ("USERNAME") When the user presses F5, it continues to run. Has anyone seen this and what do I need it to do to run without stopping? Thanks, Barb Reinhardt Barb The only thing that stikes me about this is the case. I run several files in here that are used by about 50 people every days. Environ("UserName") has never given us a problem (note the use of Proper Case rather than your UPPER). -- ...

cut/copy and paste forumla problem help
i am currently using the correlation formula to test on a large set of data: e.g. CORREL(IGR!C233:C262,IIA!C233:C262) IGR and IIA - they are a pair of data i place in 2 different worksheets, each has set of data, and I need to pull the data of C233 and C262 in IGR and IIA worksheet and I have many pairs in different worksheets E.G. RMR and RHR so I copy the forumla above and hope can only manually adjust the symbol from IGR and IIA to RMR and RHR when I copy it shift the number down =CORREL(IGR!C242:[/B]C271,IIA!C242:C271) from C233 to C242 and C 262 to C271 and I would have to ma...

CRM 1.2 unable to add users in OU but domain root OK.
Hello. I am having trouble adding users to CRM 1.2. If I try to add a CRM user from an OU in the domain with deployment manager or the web GUI it fails. If I add a user to CRM from the root of the domain the user is added fine to CRM. In our test environment I was able to add users to CRM that are in OU's in a test domain without any trouble. Any ideas? Thanks!! Mike ...

Problems with customizing styles in the Tracking Gantt
Hi, I want to modify the appearance of critical tasks in the Tracking Gantt but somehow it doesn't work. When I open the Bar Styles dialog, I select the first row (Show for "Normal, Critical" tasks, From - Start, To - Finish). I want to change the default pattern to be tick since when I print the chart the critical tasks almost do not appear. However, when I choose another pattern nothing changes. There is another funny thing. When I double-click a particular task, I see under the Bar Text tab that it shows Baseline Duration to the left and % Complete to the right....

Windows Live Mail
Windows Live Mail - Contacts - Backup - under Windows 7 Formerly with Outlook Express I used backup software to make a copy of the Windows Address Book and save to my backup media. I was hoping to do something similar after moving to Windows 7 and Windows Live Mail (WLM). So far I've had little success in finding the folder/file where WLM keeps the contacts in Windows 7. I know I could export to a CSV file each time I do a backup, but boy what a pain that would be. Can someone provide a pointer to info on where the file(s) is/are located? (it would be a bonus if the...

Forum Navigation Funtionality Problems
I am having great difficulty navigating the Excel forum. For example when I clicked on the forum link to "Excel general questions" IE returns the error that the page cannot be found. I have found that if I first click on an Outlook forum and gain access to it, and then click on "Excel general questions" I will gain access immediately. After posting a question to the "Excel general questions" forum, and receiving an email response, the link in the email to the thread took me to an error message that the page was not found. I then navigated manually to the f...

CRM setup problem
Installed CRM product on Win 2000 SP3, SQL 2000 SP2 box. Install seems to have gone well. Later following reboot, when I brought up the CRM client in web browser mode, none of the drop down lists work on any of the pages like System Options or User Options. I get web page errors saying CLASS NOT REGISTERED. How can I correct this? I am able to do other things in the web client like add users, business units etc, just nothing that requires using a drop down list. ...

Please Help strange problem
Hope someone can help with this after downloading a small excel file from a dealer site that is a genereated report, I can download it as an excel file, upon doing so and pasting it into my working sheet I end up with this � with the two dots above it at the end of the text in every cell, and when it is removed some cells change for example a cell which has a long number for a serial number will shorten as well where do I start the excel version is 2000 blacklabhfxnospam@hotmail.com remove no spam ...

Public folders changes problem
Hi On Exchange 2007 I created public folder named "IT" and inside a calendar called "IT calnedar" that is used for all events in our IT department. It's strange when our secretary adds events into this calendar and mark them with different colors (categories) these changes (the right color for each event) are only shown in Outlook 2003 or OWA, but in Outlook 2007 all colors are mixed up. We all have Outlook 2007 in IT department, so we all see wrong colors, but when I try to log-on through OWA or with a test machine that has Outlook 2003 installed everything is O...

Windows Mail
I do not know how to set up windows mail. I have Windows Vista. My home page is Charter.net. & I also receive my e-mails from there also. Would like to be able to us Windos Mail also. Would you be kind enough to e-mail me on how to set this up? Thanks jtr4557@charter.net Jim Rogers Windows Mail: Setting up an account from start to finish http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Windows-Mail-setting-up-an-account-from-start-to-finish Adding a New Charter Account in Windows Vista Mail http://www.charter.com/customers/support.aspx?supportarticleid=1781 -- ...

OWA Calendar problem
Our orginization is using Exchange Server 2003 1 -backend 2 -Front end servers. We are experiencing an sproradic issues with calendar updates. The owner of a meeting will issue an update to a meeting it will update the calendar in the Outlook Client but will not update in OWA. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated "=?Utf-8?B?QmVuIFNoaXZlbHk=?=" <BenShively@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:CBC4CF1E-DC5C-4DC7-A388-7ED964DDD270@microsoft.com: > Our orginization is using Exchange Server 2003 1 -backend 2 -Front end > servers. We are experiencing an spr...

Simple Rounding Problem
How can I make the number 27.9864 look like 27.9900? I've tried a few things and am doiwn to VB stuff which I don't quite understand so any help would be appreciated. Lisa, If you want to change how a cell is displayed, with the number is in cell A1, the formula =ROUND(A1,2) in another cell, formatted for "0.0000", will show as you desire. If you want to change the number, the macro lines ActiveCell.Value = Application.Round(ActiveCell.Value, 2) ActiveCell.NumberFormat = "0.0000" will change the activecell's actual value. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP &quo...

Install CRM along side windows sharepoint services
I have to install a CRM Server and to save hardware, I wanted to install the system on the same machine as the Windows Sharpoint services install that we have. Can this be done, and what is needed, does anyone have any links to KB Articles on the install. This is not a problem. You will just need to install to a new website. Details are in the Implementation Guide that can be found on the CDs or on microsoft's website. -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Mykre" wrote: > I have to install a CRM Server and to save hardware, I wanted to > install the syst...

Already solved my MS Money problem
I've been using MS Money for years, so I was disappointed when I found out that MS was discontinuing the software. The way I solved the problem is I downloaded and installed personal finance software onto my linux based machine, so now, not only am I running a totally free operating system, I'm running totally free software. It may not have all the bells, whitsles, and eye candy that MS Money has, but it's just as, if not more reliable. And there's no one who can arbitrarily decide to discontinue it. "Jim" <Jim@discussions.micr...

Excel Conditional Formula Problem #2
undefined::undefined::undefined My e-mail address is retrofit03@yahoo.com. Thanks for your help -- wilson3141 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- wilson31416's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1628 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27686 ...